Other Unpopular Opinions

I think magic is extremely overused and has become a major problem. If all your problems can be solved by magic that's not good writing.
not unpopular at all. When I've written fantasy worlds, and magic exists, it is always rare and not something to just be whipped out at a moment's notice.

My unpopular opinion: I don't like the taste of alcohol.

Romance is overrated and I often find myself rolling my eyes whenever romance is introduced into a show or movie that really doesn't need it. A lot of the time the romance is forced, adds nothing to the story, and is annoying to watch. Love triangles are especially annoying. I don't get "shipping."

Try watching a Korean or Japanese drama. The romance is far more developed.

I think the DnD movie was pretty bad.

Mostly because it didn't much feel like DnD. They could have renamed a few things and it would have been able to pass as any generic fantasy film ever.

Also the ending was complete garbage. I'm half convinced that the writers forgot to write it until five minutes before the deadline.

My Unpopular Opinion: I enjoy ramen for a meal, not just a study snack. This is my college lyfe lolz.
Same tbh. I grew up poor so there's a lot of foods like this I have unironically grown to love. Ramen, mac and cheese, etc. Like, given a choice between mac and cheese and a fancy steak meal with all the fixings I'd choose the mac and cheese nearly every time. I have the palate of a poor person since it's how I grew up.

Same tbh. I grew up poor so there's a lot of foods like this I have unironically grown to love. Ramen, mac and cheese, etc. Like, given a choice between mac and cheese and a fancy steak meal with all the fixings I'd choose the mac and cheese nearly every time. I have the palate of a poor person since it's how I grew up.
Same here. I agree with you on the mac and cheese thing. I grew up extremely poor, and I'd definitely take a good mac ad cheese over a fancy, overpriced steak dinner.

People who type in all lower case especially in a smaller font have that "smolbean uwu" vibe that I have a hard time taking seriously, even if I may agree with their message.

If you dislike it when someone orders steak well done, you're neither tougher nor more sophisticated than them. You're just pretentious and might even be the odd one yourself.

it's a sign of healthy empathy/ethics to dislike the idea of consuming something that resembles animal blood.

Well done consumers MAY have 'unrefined' tastes and it might be chewy/dry objectively... OR perhaps you're just picky and should try living in less wealthy area/being grateful that there's steak to eat?

My unpopular opinion is that cake is just not good. Sorry, cake fans, I just find it too dry.

My unpopular opinion is that cake is just not good. Sorry, cake fans, I just find it too dry.
A good cake isn't dry and has a minimal amount of sugar, but 99% of cakes are both dry and excessively coated in sugar. Therefore, 99% of cakes are not good.

An unpopular opinion I have is disliking those coded posts. You know the ones where it is all fancy with pictures and different texts than what I'm writing now? I probably don't make much sense. But, it is the ones where you have to scroll to see the entire post and it feels like a mini website on someone's post.

Yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of those. They are super cool and I would like to try making one, but they are super inaccessible for some people. I find that it is so hard to read some of the posts on there and then my eyes start to hurt. Then I wonder if a screen reader could even be used on the post.

Anywho, they are cool but not really my cup of tea since it can make it so hard to read sometimes.

Is this just me?

An unpopular opinion I have is disliking those coded posts. You know the ones where it is all fancy with pictures and different texts than what I'm writing now? I probably don't make much sense. But, it is the ones where you have to scroll to see the entire post and it feels like a mini website on someone's post.

Yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of those. They are super cool and I would like to try making one, but they are super inaccessible for some people. I find that it is so hard to read some of the posts on there and then my eyes start to hurt. Then I wonder if a screen reader could even be used on the post.

Anywho, they are cool but not really my cup of tea since it can make it so hard to read sometimes.

Is this just me?
I'm 100% with you. They're beautiful to look at, but half the time, they're broken on mobile or I can't figure out how to navigate them.

I'm 100% with you. They're beautiful to look at, but half the time, they're broken on mobile or I can't figure out how to navigate them.
I haven't even tried to look at them on mobile! I can't imagine how hard it would be though.

It is interesting though, I never coded with BBC before (to my knowledge at least), so I wouldn't even know how to start. It looks so hard and difficult to do. I much prefer using the chat box.

Is this just me?
To an extend I agree. Mainly I dislike the ones that make all the text super small and make 10 different regions that all scroll without having a scroll bar. If it's just a little bit of visual detail and the text stays readable and is stationary within the webpage, that's fine. If I need to scroll to read more, it should be the whole webpage scrolling, not a sub-box of a sub-box of a sub-box. Things like tabs and drop-down menus, I don't mind those, I also don't mind if it's segmented into chunks of information where the left side is some information, then top right is different information, bottom right is more information, but if I have to scroll each individual chunk rather than just scrolling the whole page, then it's started to cross the line of unenjoyable to read.

I haven't even tried to look at them on mobile! I can't imagine how hard it would be though.

It is interesting though, I never coded with BBC before (to my knowledge at least), so I wouldn't even know how to start. It looks so hard and difficult to do. I much prefer using the chat box.
I know very basic BBC, but honestly, nothing fancy. I admire the people who put the time and effort into their coding work, for sure.

To an extend I agree. Mainly I dislike the ones that make all the text super small and make 10 different regions that all scroll without having a scroll bar. If it's just a little bit of visual detail and the text stays readable and is stationary within the webpage, that's fine. If I need to scroll to read more, it should be the whole webpage scrolling, not a sub-box of a sub-box of a sub-box. Things like tabs and drop-down menus, I don't mind those, I also don't mind if it's segmented into chunks of information where the left side is some information, then top right is different information, bottom right is more information, but if I have to scroll each individual chunk rather than just scrolling the whole page, then it's started to cross the line of unenjoyable to read.
And that's why we love those who post plain text versions so that way we can read them way easier

The romance between Tommy and Grace ruined the Peaky Blinders for me.

A romance developing in most plots usually ruins them, in my opinion. It irks me when a perfectly good platonic relationship has to change to be romantic. What's really annoying is when a relationship that starts off with the characters hating each other changes to them falling love. Come on.

This is coming from an aromantic, though, so it's probably just me.

A romance developing in most plots usually ruins them, in my opinion. It irks me when a perfectly good platonic relationship has to change to be romantic. What's really annoying is when a relationship that starts off with the characters hating each other changes to them falling love. Come on.

This is coming from an aromantic, though, so it's probably just me.
While I don't think romance ruins most plots, I agree that there aren't nearly enough platonic relationships in media.

Like some of the best relationships I have seen depicted have been friendships/sibling/parental relationships. Ngl, 9/10 if I am crying over a fictional relationship it is one of those three. It takes a lot to make me care as much about a romantic one (not that it is impossible I am just predisposed to finding platonic ones cuter)

While I don't think romance ruins most plots, I agree that there aren't nearly enough platonic relationships in media.

Like some of the best relationships I have seen depicted have been friendships/sibling/parental relationships. Ngl, 9/10 if I am crying over a fictional relationship it is one of those three. It takes a lot to make me care as much about a romantic one (not that it is impossible I am just predisposed to finding platonic ones cuter)
Joel and Ellie, for example. I love the father-daughter type relationship they have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back