Other Unpopular Opinions

Mangoes are disgusting. If you trap me in a room and tell me the only way to get out was to peel a mango, I would happily claim a corner of said room as my new home from then on

This is coming from someone whose country is basically one of the top places to go to for mangoes

Mangoes are disgusting. If you trap me in a room and tell me the only way to get out was to peel a mango, I would happily claim a corner of said room as my new home from then on

This is coming from someone whose country is basically one of the top places to go to for mangoes
*Angry Islander noises*

Opinion: Pineapple pizza is good (To me.)

I don’t remember if I’ve ever eaten a mango but the smell of them makes me sick, so I agree with you

Okay...let me get prepared for this... *dons bombproof suit and hides in fallout bunker*

Legend of Korra isn't terrible. If anyhting, it's amazing it's not a complete and utter trainwreck after all the nonsense Nickolodeon threw the team's way. And also, comparing a sequel to it's predeccessor is usually unfair. There are cases where I find it acceptable, like when a sequel makes mistakes the predeccessor avoided, but still. A sequel should be good in it's own right, and doesn't need to suprass the original.

I think my issue with Korra is that for me, I grew up with ATLA. I can't get passed my bias lol. When Korra started airing, I tried to give it a chance but I got past like 2 episodes and left with a bad taste in my mouth. Like, I'm sure it's not bad as its own thing, but she's not my avatar lol. And the setting feels jarring; for me, steampunk doesn't fit with the vibe ATLA set up. And I didn't like the idea of nonbenders vs benders. Felt cheap.

When people discuss/share their achievements they aren't always bragging. Some of us get sick of all the attention we're given just for being "smarter". Truthfully most of us are normal people with a natural gift for learning and processing/retaining information well.
As a highly gifted student, I feel like an alien compared to my classmates who actually belong in entry level Pre-AP classes. I'm astonished and horrified at how much of a knowledge gap there seems to be. But whenever I try to talk about it I'm called out for 'bragging'. I am not bragging. I'm genuinely curious as to how my classmates don't seem to know what I considered to be common knowledge/practice.

When people discuss/share their achievements they aren't always bragging. Some of us get sick of all the attention we're given just for being "smarter". Truthfully most of us are normal people with a natural gift for learning and processing/retaining information well.
As a highly gifted student, I feel like an alien compared to my classmates who actually belong in entry level Pre-AP classes. I'm astonished and horrified at how much of a knowledge gap there seems to be. But whenever I try to talk about it I'm called out for 'bragging'. I am not bragging. I'm genuinely curious as to how my classmates don't seem to know what I considered to be common knowledge/practice.
Have you ever thought about trying to see it from their point of view? What you may consider to be common knowledge/practice just might not be the same for them. Everyone has different ways of learning/how they process things. They probably don't want to talk about that, I don't know anyone who would want to.
Just seems inconsiderate and yeah, like bragging.

Another unpopular opinion! While there may be multiple correct answers to a question or solutions to a problem, disagreeing/arguing with something that is correct makes you incorrect as well. Debating is not the same as arguing, in the sense that in a debate you explicitly acknowledge that the opposition is technically correct in some way.

Another unpopular opinion: Among Us is not that much fun. The memes and cosplays are cool but I suck at the game so badly and I’m so shy with random people in games that it’s not any fun for me.

Pretty much the reviews are mixed but Antebellum was not scary, in fact, the whole movie wasn't great at all. The plot twist was poorly executed and it failed to live up to what they tried to make it.

Naruto isn't all that great. Don't get me wrong, it still has a place in my heart, but it's very flawed. For one, did you know that the theme was that not every problem had to be solved with violence? Yeah, if that were true then we'd still have the Akatsuki. 2nd, the female characters barely get anything at all. Just when you think they're about to get a kill, Naruto swoops in and takes it. And why is almost every girl a healer? I'm gonna stop here because I'm not even going to get into Boruto.

I'm astonished and horrified at how much of a knowledge gap there seems to be. But whenever I try to talk about it I'm called out for 'bragging'. I am not bragging. I'm genuinely curious as to how my classmates don't seem to know what I considered to be common knowledge/practice.
Knowledge is usually beholden to a person from their lifestyle, interests, and environment. What is common knowledge to one might be obscure to another and visa versa. For instance: My father-in-law will talk all day about martial arts and Chinese philosophy. And he is legit surprised when he mentions some kung fu master that is allegedly world famous and I have no idea who he's talking about. My hubby is a Potterhead, and will dump potterverse lore on you if you give him the opportunity. All the while, I still can't remember what a patronus (I think I spelled that right) even is. I'm sure I have my own version of "common knowledge" that isn't commonly shared, too. Given as many times as I have to explain to people what I'm talking about, I have no doubts that I take a lot of common facts for granted.

You probably just feel this way because you have a divergence of interests from your classmates. I'm pretty sure if you dig, they will have a lot of common facts among them that you don't know anything about. ;-)

Okay...let me get prepared for this... *dons bombproof suit and hides in fallout bunker*

Legend of Korra isn't terrible. If anyhting, it's amazing it's not a complete and utter trainwreck after all the nonsense Nickolodeon threw the team's way. And also, comparing a sequel to it's predeccessor is usually unfair. There are cases where I find it acceptable, like when a sequel makes mistakes the predeccessor avoided, but still. A sequel should be good in it's own right, and doesn't need to suprass the original.

I actually love LoK almost as much as the original series.

I think that every FNAF Sister Location animatronic should have the 2 rows of faceplates like Funtime Freddy.

Kpop is not as bad as people make it out to be.

maybe I'm biased because it was something that I loved when I was young.

The fandoms can be chaotic, but if you know where to look, you can have pleasant experiences with other fans. also, fans of older gen groups or smaller groups tend to be pretty chill. Just fucking stay off twitter lol.

Also, boy groups > Girl groups.
gg groups have way too many cutesy concepts or "I'm a badass woman need no man" concepts that make me feel weird. The only girl group with an attractive concept I've found is Dreamcatcher, who have pop but combined with rock elements in their MVs. I love kpop groups where their MVs create a connected story (Like EXO and their "aliens from a different planet" storyline.) because it makes me want to go back and rewatch to catch all the "little hints" they create lol

It's a toss-up for me. I'm typing this as I'm listening to BTS, but idk. Blackpink is top notch.

I dont like bts or bp. I only enjoyed like... 3 songs from BP and BTS's fandom scares me lol. I don't really have much interest in listening to them. BP gives off those vibes that I mentioned that put me off girl groups.

I dont like bts or bp. I only enjoyed like... 3 songs from BP and BTS's fandom scares me lol. I don't really have much interest in listening to them. BP gives off those vibes that I mentioned that put me off girl groups.

lol the fans are definitely crazy, but I don't pay much attention to them >.>

1. Small talk is really boring.
2. Memes are unoriginal, not that funny, and overrated.

Yeah. I actually prefer silence to be honest.

That's interesting. Silence is peaceful. I agree. The awkward kind of silence usually follows unsuccessful small talk. I feel like it's just forced social obligation and not really useful in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back