Other Unpopular Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're celebrating John McCain's death, I have absolutely no respect for you.
If this is an unpopular opinion, then I have lost all hope in humanity. I'm not a Republican nor do I like right ideals all too much, but John McCain was the definition of a dank Republican. He seemed so down-to-Earth, friendly, and respectful. While running against Obama, he openly said that he would be OK if he lost because he knew that Obama loved America. This man was more than a politician. He was a dude who loved his country and even fought for it at one point. We lost a pretty cool dude yesterday and that really sucks. Especially for his family.

Last edited:
If this is an unpopular opinion, then I have lost all hope in humanity. I'm not a Republican nor do I like right ideals all too much, but John McCain was the definition of a dank Republican. He seemed so down-to-Earth, friendly, and respectful. While running against Obama, he openly said that he would be OK if he lost because he knew that Obama loved America. This man was more than a politician. He was a dude who loved his country and even fought for it at one point. We lost a pretty cool dude yesterday and that really sucks. Especially for his family.
I know. I went on Tumblr this morning and looked at trending posts actually expecting people to be celebrating his death. I hate being right.

Here's some, not sure if they've been said yet or not:

→ There is such a thing as an ugly baby.
→ Red velvet is delicious and I don't catorgize it as dyed chocolate.
→ Most fast-food burgers are basically the same.
→ Mint, and any mint-related products are gross.

Just ‘cause you’re cosplaying Deadpool, doesn’t give you the excuse to harass women, sexually or otherwise, for the sake of “staying in character.”

For some reason it doesn't surprise me that this thread is a year old and still active.
I guess it's easier on a website where you're fairly anonymous. People only know as much as you want them to know. And people are, for the most part, respectful here of others opinion.

It is healthy to splurge in something you like, because everyone deserves something nice.

That being said, it is not healthy to slurge without making an informed choice.

For example.

When I bought my Apple Watch Series 3 (which I love and cherish) I didn’t just go out and buy it.

I researched online about the best options, read about the usefulness and the health benefits, then to people who had a nice Fitbit (the Fitbit Visa, I think) to see the pros and cons of an Apple Watch versus a Fitbit.

I, obviously, bought the Apple Watch. I don’t regret the decision at all. I’ve always been told that you shouldn’t buy something unless you can buy it twice, and that’s the motto I followed when buying my watch.

TLDR, If you’re gonna buy something nice, do some research.

SAO doesn't deserve half the shit it gets. I get that it has some problems but it's far from the worst anime ever. I mean, there are plenty of anime that does every mistake that sword art online makes but objectively worse.

Latinx is not a word.
If you don't mind me asking, why?

“X, you shouldn’t hurt people. That’s bullying. Y, you shouldn’t have fought back. One week suspension for both of you.”

Fuck you, and fuck your zero tolerance policy.

SAO doesn't deserve half the shit it gets. I get that it has some problems but it's far from the worst anime ever. I mean, there are plenty of anime that does every mistake that sword art online makes but objectively worse.

If you don't mind me asking, why?
Because it's meant to be the gender neutral version of Latino. But there already is one: Latino. Most linguistic experts agree on it.

“X, you shouldn’t hurt people. That’s bullying. Y, you shouldn’t have fought back. One week suspension for both of you.”

Fuck you, and fuck your zero tolerance policy.
You know what that causes? The bully just does it in secret and the victim is too scared of expulsion to tell anyone.

SCHOOL LOGIC IS FUN

edit: quoted the wrong message. Oops.
Because it's meant to be the gender neutral version of Latino. But there already is one: Latino. Most linguistic experts agree on it.

FUCKING SOMETHING I CAN EXPAND ON.

People who think grammatical gender is somehow sexist (yes, I’ve heard this before), while also not understanding the purpose of grammatical gender, are idiots.

Meh, I can see why some people don't find latino to be genderneutral.

But even if it was, how does that make it "not a word"? By that logic, is jolly not a real world because it means the same thing as happy?

Meh, I can see why some people don't find latino to be genderneutral.

But even if it wasn't, how does that make it "not a word"? By that logic, is jolly not a real world because it means the same thing as happy?
The difference is, jolly is already established as a word. This "Latinx" thing is something made up by people who are trying to be too hard to be politically correct

Yes, by someone who wanted another word for being happy. My emphasis was on the reason it was made up
I fail to see the difference. Some people didn't feel latino was genderneutral enough and as such made up a word they feel works better. Hows that different from some people not feeling like the word happy was good enough to describe something and as such made up a word they feel works better?

There's a difference between a thing becoming a word and switching around an entire language in a way that suits your needs.
How are they switching around an entire language?

I fail to see the difference. Some people didn't feel latino was genderneutral enough and as such made up a word they feel works better. Hows that different from some people not feeling like the word happy was good enough to describe something and as such made up a word they feel works better?
Because one is just because they wanted another word. The other is adding an extra layer of sensitivity to a world where people are already far too worried about offending people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back