Other Unpopular Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Revenge of the Sith is my favorite Star Wars film, Force Awakens is awful, The Last Jedi is a good film and Star Wars fans ruined the film for themselves.

My unpopular opinion is based on the egomaniacal side of social media. And I know, I’m guilty of it, myself. When people say “I don’t care what anyone else says about me”; I think it’s a desperate cry for approval. But that’s my unpopular opinion.

Lilo & Stitch's representation of sisters is better than Frozen by miles, and the movie is better than Frozen in general. This includes the soundtrack.

Most anime is hyper sexualized and thus have shitty plots.
Boruto is boring and shouldn't have happened.
New kids' shows suck, much better in the 90s-early 2000s.
Facts and statistics matter no matter what your bias is.

Unpopular opinions? Boy, I have a lot...

-I Like the DCEU. Now, hold on, I like the DCEU because to me, they are just like action movies. Basically, I go to see their the movies to have fun. If I wanted to feel excited, sad, be invested in the story I watch the MCU movies.(But the DCEU will never beat the MCU.)
-Oh god...now here is a really unpopular opinion. I...don't believe in transgenderism. Now, wait just a minute. I don't believe it, BUT I won't go disrespecting someone on the street. I will never do that. Ever.
-I hate feminism.
-I think Black Panther was great, but not as the level as IW. I think Thanos also beats Killmonger, though it's a pretty close tie on who is better.
-I do not like Trump. At all. But...he is our president. We do have to deal with him until 2020.
-I don't think current music is any good. I'll stick to Queen, Bowie, AC/DC, Hendrix, etc. Thanks.

This seems to be an unpopular opinion, at least on the internet: there is nothing wrong with traditional genders roles, so long as one is not being forced into them

My Unpopular Opinion:

Everyone is a Person Of Color!

You can be black. You can be white. It does not matter! Everyone is a color! So stop saying "Oh I wish they had more POC in X Movie/Universe etc."

My Unpopular Opinion:

Everyone is a Person Of Color!

You can be black. You can be white. It does not matter! Everyone is a color! So stop saying "Oh I wish they had more POC in X Movie/Universe etc."
I agree. I also dislike the phrase Person of Color. It's literally just colored person switched. I thought we did away with that in the 1960's.

FREAKING PREACH

Technically black isn't a color, it's the absence of color. White is a color, it is all the colors together.
But since no one is really pitch black and starkingly chalk white, I don't think the color spectrum truly pertains to it.

Edit: Oh and I don't know if this will give any insight on the matter, but I'm a psych major and we're taught not to lead with anything other than who the person is, not what they have or a description. So you wouldn't say, if you're being correct in terms of psych, "A black person," because you're putting a description before the person. Similarily, you wouldn't say "an autistic person," you'd say, "A person with autism spectrum disorder".
I don't know if that helps any =]

Last edited:
  • Feminism/MRA are not needed in the western world, but egalitarianism is. To clarify, I don't think that two conflicting sides can reach the same goal.
  • Fortnite is vastly overhyped. Unturned and Day Z are essentially the same game (in formula).
  • Johto is one of the worst Pokemon regions.
  • Women in America should be required to register for the draft.
  • There is nothing wrong with conforming to OR bending traditional gender roles.
  • America and Russia should make lasting peace with one another.

Last edited:
Mansplaining is not a thing. Anyone can explain things condescendingly. You should see me at Thanksgiving dinner.

Oh my god! I can't agree more about this one! Seriously, if people start talking about mansplaining I smirk and say what about womansplaining. But yeah its not mansplaining or whatever, its just complaining lol.

Science is the best method humanity has ever devised in order to deduce the nature of our universe.

People don't like that science doesn't require a creator or higher power in order to understand the world, or simply see it as one small aspect of life when in fact it is likely humanity's greatest treasure.

Science is the best method humanity has ever devised in order to deduce the nature of our universe.

People don't like that science doesn't require a creator or higher power in order to understand the world, or simply see it as one small aspect of life when in fact it is likely humanity's greatest treasure.
Seeing people so anti-science honestly make me want to scream.

Seeing people so anti-science honestly make me want to scream.

It's frustrating to me because it shows how people can completely throw away objectivity and logical reasoning in favor of whatever doctrine they hold dear. The same people accuse science of being cold and contrary to sacred teachings when in reality it's very fulfilling if you take the time to learn it, and it teaches us that teachings shouldn't be sacred when they're dead wrong.
Maybe I'm just a bit too much of a science nerd (I'm currently dual majoring in Biology and Physics), but it's hard for me to see a majority of people throw away such a great method of interrogating the world

Iced tea is nasty. Sweetened or not, it all tastes the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back