• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Unnatural Academy

TheAdept

One Thousand Club
The Character Creation System:

So I made this system to prevent overpowered characters from being made. There are three different types of skills: Magic, Non-Magic Combat, and Support Skills. These are the useful abilities of your characters. You get 10 points to spend with Magic skills, 10 points to spend on Non-Magic Combat, and 10 to spend on Support Skills. Magic skill points effect how skilled you are with certain forms of magic, so say you have 1 point in blood magic, then you know very little and cant boil enemies blood, control people, or make people bleed out of all their orifices. The most you can do at 1 point here is slow blood clotting slightly or give someone a nose bleed. With Non-Magic Combat and Support Skills, its the same as far as skill points. Non-Magical Combat is how proficient you are with your fists or certain weapons. Support Skills are skills that are not combat related and might help the party during the rp in ways like getting into a locked up building, getting confidential info, making money, or otherwise. Let me give an example of what your characters starting skills might look like:

Magic:

Telepathy: 1

Psionics (Pyrokinesis): 5

Healing: 4

Non-Magic Combat:

Hand to Hand (MMA): 3

Clubs: 4

Guns (Rifles): 3

Support Skills:

Infiltration: 2

Guitar: 5

Hacking: 3

Notice how with certain skills I put another word parenthesese. This is because there are different variants of these skills. For psionics, there is pyrokinesis, telekinesis, cyrokinesis, hydrokinesis, and others. For hand to hand there are various different fighting styles and martial arts. For guns, there are rifles, shotguns, handguns, and machine guns. These are only examples of skills, and are not the only skills you may have. After you create your character, your character will need to train, study, or get experience with a skill to earn more points for it. Lets say you get into a lot of fist fights. Eventually your hand to hand will rise by one point. You may put any skills for each you can think of, so long as they match the description I gave for each in the first paragraph. The skill cap at the beginning is 30, but will raise as the plot advances.

The Rules:

1. I am gm, my word is law.

2. No overpowered characters. The character creation system pretty much prevents that, but if you find some loophole and your character winds up being too powerful, I will have you edit your post. Also, no controlling other characters.

3. The combat is written out by the players, and there is no hp system, but dont use this as an excuse to make your character unbeatable. I made the game without hp or anyone having to roll dice because I trusted everyone would know when their character was hit or defeated.

4. No time skips without my permission.

5. No arguing or flame wars in the game or discussion.

6. If you are leaving, post that you are leaving first so we dont have hold ups. If you want to come back after a long absence, tell me via pm so I can work your character back into the story.

7. No killing others characters. You can only defeat player characters, with NPC's, have fun.

8. Cursing is fine, gore description is fine, and other adult themes are fine. If two characters are having a love scene, however, keep it PG-13.

9. Human mage characters only (for now at least...)

10. Being that my word is law, if I catch you doing something that is not posted here in the rules that I dont think should be allowed, I will either tell you to edit, or never do it again.

CS Template:

Name:

Appearance:

Personality: (Please dont write TBA. At least put something down so we have a general idea what your character is like.)

Magic:

Non-Magical Combat:

Support Skills:

History: (You don't have to put too much detail here, but gimme something here at least. Something besides "its a mystery")

Notable Items: (Any items your character has that are significant)

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Joseph "Mikkish" Callanhad

Appearance: Light blonde hair, thick and long enough to reach the neck. Eyes are dark and green. Long scar on his left cheek. Very light tan. Lean body, six pack, muscle definition, about 175 pounds, 6 feet tall. Normally dresses in dark jeans and a nice shirt. He is confident, so always has his back straight and his head up. Has a charismatic, but bastardly smile.

Personality: Normally a happy guy, and will help someone out if they need it, but is very immoral at the same time. He loves to drink liquor, smoke weed, and is always with a different girl, sometimes multiple in one night. Nobody would ever get objection from him if they called him a scum, an asshole, or bastard, for he admits he is all of those things. He has a mostly normal accent, with the faintest, barely noticeable hint of southern twang.

Magic:

Physical Buffing: 8

Telepathy: 2

Pyrokinesis: 1

Non-Magical Combat:

Hand to Hand: 8

Clubs: 1

Knives: 1

Guns: 1

Support Skills:

Charisma: 6

Sneak: 3

Mechanics: 2

History: Mikkish' eyes flickered open to the bright light of the hospital. He was 16 at the time, and had almost no memories of his past though he had no trouble speaking, writing, or knowing the basic things teenagers know. He was found in a partially burned, still smoking farmhouse, right underneath a big hole in the roof, with devastating injuries, including various brutal lacerations and shattered bones.

It was a miracle he survived.

Being that nobody could find his parents, he was placed in an orphanage but quickly adopted by a lowlife criminal who lived in a trailer. This scumbag was a drunk as well as a heroin dealer, but never attempted to abuse Joseph...maybe due to the fact Joseph was 16 and kinda strong looking in comparison with the frail dope dealer. The criminal did try to teach Mikkish about the...business, resulting in Mikkish being desensitized to crime, however Mikkish never lost his instinctual sense of right and wrong. Instinctual also was his knowledge of how to fist fight. Mikkish also seemed to behave towards violence as a man with much experience would. Strangest of all, however, was how small fires would start around him, with seemingly no real explanation.

He got his nickname, "Mikkish," from some of his buddies who saw almost always saw him drinking Mikkis malt beverages, and the name stuck. He loves it so much, its the only name he goes by or will introduce himself as.

One day, Mikkish decided to search the place he was supposedly found, and there he found...a book. Covered with leather, and not titled, written completely in Sumerian.

It was strange how nobody else found it, but the book described works of magic which seemed oddly familiar, and when Mikkish practiced them, it worked.

He practiced for one year, before turning to pages describing an island off the west coast and truly believing the island was possible. Being encouraged to stay with his adoptive "father," but sick of that life, Mikkish sent off hitchhiking to find this island.

Name: Osto

Appearance: Wears a black jacket and blue jeans with army boots. Black, short hair, which he keeps as natural as possible. Caucasian, and has brown eyes. Accent is American. About 6 feet tall, and is weight can often change, given his abilities.

Personality: Cold, quiet, often has no readable expression on his face, and remains calm in the face of almost anything. However, he seeks to fight a worthy opponent, no matter what their allegiance. Thus, if he deems someone worthy, he will battle them, until they or he is incapacitated. However, he never kills a defeated enemy, and follows a strict code of honour.

Magic:

Bone Manipulation(on himself only): 7

Healing(on himself only):3

Non-Magical Combat:

Hand to hand:

-MMA:2

Close combat weapons:

-Blades: 6

-Clubs:2

Support Skills:

Tracking: 5

Stealth:5

History: Not much is known about Osto. What is known is that he has mastered a kind of magic that allows him to control his own skeleton, but not that of others. Osto has developed a code of honour that demands he fight, to improve his own skills, and gain experience in the ways of battle. He taught himself how to control his skeleton, and has learned how to grow new bones, meaning he can have a near unlimited amount. He travels the world, seeking out new opponents. Some say he is the sole survivor of cult of bone warriors. Others, the Grim Reaper's son. Only he knows the truth.

So looks fine, and you can post, actually.

What kind of close range weapons does he use, though? Knives? Also, does he know some kind of martial arts?

He uses stuff like knives, yes, but he also uses clubs, swords made from spines, etc. In terms of martial arts, he has mastered judo and kung fu.

The point system is to prevent overly powered characters. Nobody is a master of anything. If his fighting style is judo and kung fu, that could be MMA, I suppose. Since short weapons like knives and tasers are handled differently than weapons like clubs and swords, I would need you to split that up into different categories (knives, then mid-range-melee) and distribute the points how you want.

You will have opportunities to increase your character's skills, we are at a school and it is a rpg after all. The cap for right now is 30 for each skill, and a skill of 30 would still not be mastery. This is all jsut to prevent op characters, as I have had trouble with that in the past.

Name: Josephine 'Jessy' Hills

Appearance:

newclubimage-ari-and-rachel-E2-99-A5-37348578-314-356.jpg

Personality: Jessy has never really been much of a talker and tends to keep to herself to avoid conflict, since she knows she is just a bit more powerful than the others. And at times she can have a short fuse when she gets to annoyed though she never takes her anger out on others, she usually just keeps it bottled up inside alnog with her minimal depression. Jessy rarely ever lets her guard down around anyone in fear of what would happen to her mother would happen to her.

Magic:

Telekinesis- 5

Telepathy- 5

Non-Magic:

Hand to hand combat- 8

Pick pocketing- 2

Support Skills:

Stealth- 7

Hacking- 3

History: Jessy usually doesn't go by her actual name because it reminds her to much of how her mother died right after giving birth and naming her. She is usually quiet so not many people know she is actually quite lonely...(That's why she chose to take extra classes instead of interacting, so she got herself at a higher level at her skills but is willing to try new things and hone in on them as well) but she wasn't actually planned, her mother was sexualy abused and got pregnant so she has no known father...(yes that means she is an orphan)

((I know her name is a lot like Joseph's...but she doesn't go by that))

Sorry, my CS guide is pretty complex. You only get 10 points in each skill category.

Magic:

Physical Buffing: 7

Telepathy: 2

Pyrokinesis: 1

Non-Magical Combat:

Hand to Hand: 7

Clubs: 1

Knives: 1

Guns: 1

Support Skills:

Charisma: 5

Sneak: 3

Mechanics: 2

These are my characters skills. See how in each category, the total skill points adds up to 10?

Also, he goes by Mikkish anyway, so don't sweat it, Wild Born

Yeah, I just sent him a pm about it.

He seems confused about the character building system. It's understandable, though.

Also, he is new to role playing, so he gets some forgiveness.

Name: Joseph Hikari Nobunaga (Ordinarily goes by Joe.)

Appearance: He's 6'1, he has pale skin, brown eyes, medium long brown straight hair and a lithe build, he normally wears a white hoodie when it's cold, a white t-shirt, blue jeans, black and white tennis shoes, and around his neck is usually a golden locket.

Personality: TBR

Magic Skills:

Light: 5

Healing: 3

Verum: 2 (You'll see soon enough.)

Non-Magical Combat:

Archery: 7

Scythe: 4

Support Skills:

Alchemy: 12 (The act of creating any type of item or potion through synthesis, the combining of certain ingredients.)

History: He lives with his mother, Mia Nobunaga, they aren't very wealthy, they live paycheck to paycheck, so Joe has become very grateful for the things he has, and he never envies those that have more than him. Ever since he was a child, Joe knew that he was different, whenever he touched wounds, they'd begin to seal before his eyes, he had this... presence, or aura, or however you want to explain it, all Joe knew was that it was a soothing and... light feeling that seemed to calm people down, even cheer them up. Joe's very timid and doesn't really stand up for himself, he has a strong moral compass, though he's too afraid to speak up against it, but will not get himself involved, unless it's to fix whatever that person did, he aspires to become a detective one day. He felt that he could also help a lot of people with his abilities so when the letter came, he told his mother goodbye, packed up, and left quickly, excited for a new adventure.

Notable Items: Bow and quiver, and a golden locket.

Character Sheet

• Name: Gerald K. Robinson

Last call if you want to post an introduction of your character on the boat. We are still taking new players, however.

Totallybulletproof said:
Character Sheet WIP

• Name: Gerald K. Robinson

Dude, you should work on this a bit more. such as the skills part. That needs work.

DaManofWar said:
Dude, you should work on this a bit more. such as the skills part. That needs work.
Hence why you should pay attention to the "WIP" Clearly written above my character sheet. Please read the post throughly before asking about the post. Thank you.

Name: Amelia (Amy) Darrens

Appearance: A tall, lean girl with blonde hair pulled back in a braid, with pale, fair skin and ice cold blue eyes. She wears a kimono colored white and silver, with a ceremonial moon design on the back. Dropping into a stance, she still stands 5 feet tall, and her muscles are obviously well toned. With grace, she takes only three steps to close the distance, and as she strikes, she reveals several needles, some strapped to her legs, and others in a case which she carries behind her.

Personality: Amelia, despite her quest, holds very little disposition to fight. She simply sees no value in combats without purpose. Unless a purpose is stated, she will refuse to fight. She is always cautious, and posesses the pet peeve of when people wound themselves with pointless affairs. She sticks very close to her code of honor, and never strikes when a foe is down, generally considering the fight to be over and goes to heal her opponents. She is reserved, and always both calm and gentle. She is isolated from more worldly principles, and is often naive to the point of endangering herself. She is a good judge of ability, but not character, and the fact that her whole life was as an acolyte to her arts and her master, she is easily enthralled in fun activities, such as hangliding or river rafting. These personality traits often appear in her fighting style. She never strikes first, and when her opponents attack her, she simply changes her location and gently brushes their attacking limb, striking with both fist and Chi at the persons pressure points. She prefers to finish opponents quickly by obstructing their energy flow and then providing the push for them to be finished. She has excellent body control, and has the training to do simmilarly to other people, taking advantage over any and all breaks in their techniques. She dislikes mens cockiness but inwardly just wants someone to be able to share her pain.

Magic:

-Healing-10

Non-Magical Combat:

-Kung Fu (Pressure Points and Momentum Turning Style)-10

Support Skills:

-Acupunctural Medicine-10

History: Amelia Darrens was born to a woman, Cecilia Darrens, after the supposedly barren woman had been healed by a master acupunctural doctor of renown in exchange for the child's hand as an apprentice. Overjoyed, she accepted the exchange, and soon into the world came Amelia Darren. Amelia was immediately flooded with work and training, her master having made good on her promise to the woman. Soon it was proven that she had an aptitude towards both arts mystical and mundane. Amelia changed as she trained, becoming faster, stronger, and more flexible than most around her. With hard work over her 17 years of living, she and her master united began the painful work of expunging her souls darker qualities, to never see the light again. She partially succeeded, for though the madness within was defeated and banished to the dark realm from which it came, her mentor and friend was slain. She was left only a little over well-trained in the arts of acupuncture and supernatural healing. Her now-pure soul became activated and unveiled to the chi bleeding through the world. She could sense and always wants to heal plants, as well as people. Recognising her lack of a teacher, and her percieved deficit in the proficiency of any skills other than her martial arts, she was regardless dubbed as a proffessionall acupuncturist by the local government. Determined to gain strength, so that she could become even greater than her master so that she could travel to the realm where the demons dwell and purge the world of the evil shadows which haunt her nihtmares, she decided that the most efficient way would be to travel, and best other warriors in combat, as well as healing those who would accept her care.

Notable Items: The slices of sky, (A set of acupunctural needles able to be infused with chi for potent healing, or harm,) and both her hard combat kimono and her softer medical kimono. All of these came from her late master, as well as three locked scrolls full of martial and medical treating. To open these requires great abilities, as well as specific qualifications, at which point it gives a temporary power surge when opened, and then must be read to learn the teachings within.

And manofwar, again, you only get 10 points for non magical combat. You are four over

Users who are viewing this thread

Back