• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Unlikely Alliance [Fantasy/Arranged Marriage]

Kadami studied the girl with a curious expression for a minute, then smiled at her. I should try to make this easy for her. She decided, then walked over to one of the dressers. "This is the one I've put things in, but that one is empty." She told her, pointing at the mentioned dresser. She wasn't exactly sure how to reassure her about their arranged marriage, because she was probably nervous about them, due to the fact that her clan didn't marry most of the time. She may eventually tell me. Or maybe it is just nerves? Despite her ignorance, she knew that marriage was a big deal to humans.

@Jess Buck

xxxxxxx

Alessia looked around the corner to see the dragon intimidating her parents. She couldn't hear what was said, and didn't particularly care to, but she could tell that whatever was said had made her parents nervous. They slowly but surely stepped away from him, but, of course, her father had to get in the last word, as always. "Well, if you see my daughter, let me know." He told him, then walked away as quickly as his dignity would allow.

@Jayden Kisubo

xxxxxxx

Fisethal walked into her new room, led by a chipper servant. She seemed happy that the peace talks were going through, and was excited that there were going to be weddings. She's a little simple, I guess, but she's pleasant, at least. She thought, then unpacked her belongings. She sat in the room afterwards, figuring that it was the most likely spot to meet her fiance.

Kori

Following his betrothed Kori nodded in agreement. "Let's go to the gardens first. She loves being outside and so probably went there. To calm her nerves. "

Akira

Wandering past the flower beds Akira sighed at all the pretty flowers. She loved the snow but the flowers were nice to look at to. Running her fingers over the soft fragile petals she wondered if the other couples had shown up. Or her fiancee for that matter. She had left before his arrival.

B_KIR_1A0100.png

So this is my room...
Mayu was about to turn the handle when a voice sounded behind her, causing her to jump a bit. Turning to follow the source with her eyes, the rested upon a tall man with dark hair. He had bowed in front of her. Mayu's face became quite flushed as he did so.​

"P-please, no need to be so formal." I-Is he...? She eyed him more closely, trying to analyze his features and intentions. And he knows my name...

Taking a step back Mayu gripped her bag and staff carefully. "I...I am. Can I help you perhaps?" Her soft voice was mellifluous as she replied to the man.

If he really is my fiancé then he already knows more about me than I do him....that's wonderful.

"May I ask who you might be?" She still kept a firm grip on her stuff, ready to whack him if he tried anything funny. Looks could be deceiving she knew that. Even though she was a dragon she honestly wasn't all that strong. Her healing abilities are what mostly keep her alive. She didn't like fighting anyways.

So when it came to combat her primary focus was defense instead of attack moves. The man's voice was indeed a change of things for her however.

She could recall the harshness of Loki's voice, and for a moment she got lost in her own memories. Blinking she returned to reality and continued to wait for his reply. She wasn't sure how to react if he was her fiancé. Upon his attire of resembling the caterers, silently she hoped he would be telling her to pack he things and go home because there had been a mistake in the marriage proposal. @Jayden Kisubo

tumblr_mbfq64D8v31runxsho1_500.gif

The human girl began speaking, yet he let her words drift through him. Loki familiarized himself with the bedroom, sliding his finger tips over the surface of the red wine bed sheets. It's fancy...but I still prefer a huge stone walled cave. Poking his head back out he caught the last question she ended up asking. His eyes stared into her, not particularly revealing any emotion, simply blank. Blinking he walked back into the dining room area, where the girl stood against the same wall still. Is she afraid? Good. He thought to himself, moving towards the only window in the whole room, at least as far as he had searched. Even so it was far from freedom; as it only opened up enough to stick an average sized head out. As he placed his hands near the opening a brush of cold wind rushed against his face. The light feeling caused him to....smile? Although faint, it was undeniably a smile. Loki loved nature, and his favorite thing to do as flying, something he couldn't do here. But perhaps later he could transform into his original dragon form Only his eyes and canine teeth displayed him as a dragon. Turning to look at the human girl from the side, he spoke half filled with firmly and carelessness.

"None of your business. But if you must know..." He allowed his words to fade as he slid his sleeves up to reveal several lacerations. If Mayu were here she could heal these pretty quick. Even though dragons naturally heal at a faster rate than humans, this still hurts like hell. I could eat her to regain my strength, but 'll work on that later.

She was like a walking chocolate bar.

"I did it. Don't you like my masterpiece?" He snickered, obviously not letting on with the truth of the matter. @xXDeathXLifeXAngelXx

Jessica smiled and went to the dresser that was empty and started unpacking. They stood in silence for awhile before Jessica spoke up.

"So um.....I don't mean to sound rude but....I'm curious.....What's it like where you're from?" She asked. Her curiosity of dragons became the best of her. She didn't mean to be so forward or rude but she was just genuinely interested.

@AlannaTrebond

Last edited by a moderator:

• tumblr_muf9qyVAAL1rybiymo1_500.jpg
    Mya felt that nothing she said was actually getting to him. She played with the flower, twirling the small stem in her fingers. She wished she could read Loki's mind. It might make it a lot easier to understand what he was doing and why. Mya sighed softly.

Mya watched him as he moved his way to the window. Curiosity burned at her legs and she felt like getting up but she held back. Seeing him act the way he did, seeing him smile made Mya look at the ground. 'What am I doing here? Why on Earth am I here? Why me? I should just leave this place. Screw what they'd do to me.' Mya found herself thinking. She just bawled her fist and looked back to Loki when he began speaking. He slid up his sleeve and Mya's eyes widened. She stared at him blankly. Deciding to finally stand up, she did so. She continued to stare at him. "N-no. Why would you.. do that?" Mya asked. She knew it could have been done by someone else but hearing what he said in unison she guessed it was him who had scratched himself.

She had never attempted self harm before and had a suicidal thought only once in her whole life. Or so she had calculated. Seeing others who did self harm, seeing she was betrothed to someone who had done so, it made her sick. Seeing wounds made her sick. She shivered and looked away.

@NyxNightmare

Kadami looked over at Jessica when she asked what it was like where she was from. She tilted her head to the side and leaned against a nearby wall, considering. "Drakon is full of a lot of different areas, with different clans of dragons." She explained. "My clan lived near the border of our lands and that of humans in a nearby mountain range. We're a lively clan, and everyone's nice, but they wouldn't all approve of this, I think." She admitted, remembering that they didn't approve of her actions to save a human child twenty years ago.

@Jess Buck

Seeing her discomfort, Loki couldn't help but laugh. "What's the matter? Things like this bother you? Is it disturbing or just...sick?" His voice started out amused, but ended with a hint of disgust. Running his hand through his hair his eyes turned cold once more. "No matter. I have many scars." Lifting his shirt off he revealed a quite nicely toned body, his muscles apparent. Many scars painted his body. "Of course, until today all of these have been from battles with other clans as well as friends." He let the shirt drop onto the ground. The black shirt contained only two red strips around the shoulders; a rather simple design. "It's sickening being like this, like you. Being confined to your rules so you don't kill us. I'm only like this so I don't scare you. Although, I can do that without." His eyes gleamed mischievously. "I hate humans. So being in a body like this..."

He gritted his teeth. Screw it...

Backing up a flash of light surrounded his body as it absorbed him. A few seconds later a huge beast filed the room. It wasn't his full size, he wasn't permitted to leave the premises. otherwise the room would break from the massive size. His claws scraped at the floor, furniture had been knocked over. Glaring at the human girl he roared, cornering her. His red eyes watched her dangerously. Yet, even so, there was a bit of relief in his form. His wings rested along his side as s ring of electricity spiraled over his body. I'll probably get in trouble for this later but...who cares? @xXDeathXLifeXAngelXx

green-dragon.jpg

Jessica nodded, continuing to put away her cloths. Her curiosity became the best of her again.

"So.....what is your society like? How does the government work and what are the social classes?" She said, looking at Kadami wide eyed. She blushed and looked away "I'm sorry......my curiosity got the best of me...."

@AlannaTrebond

Kadami smiled brightly at Jessica's sudden enthusiasm. When she blushed and apologized, she shook her head. "I understand. I was always like that with humans, and I still am." She's cute when she blushes. Kadami noted, but didn't voice that thought, unsure if it was appropriate or not among humans. "My clan... ah, in comparison, we're socially like... a small village, I think?" She frowned slightly. "We're led by an appointed chief, usually male, and a shaman, usually female. The chief makes many major decisions for the clan, like if we need to move if there isn't enough prey to hunt, and where. The shaman negotiates deals with other clans, and the elves." She paused. "Our hunters provide for the entire clan, not just their families, and we have warriors to protect everyone, like.... like your town guard?" She frowned somewhat, considering the comparison, then nodded. "Yes, that's it. I'm... not sure about social classes. We share all of our food and shelter if someone needs it, but everyone has to help provide for the clan, except for our young. Does that help you?" She looked upwards. "Now... for all of the clans of dragons, we have the Elder Council. Each clan selects the oldest, or wisest, member of their clan to represent them in the Council. The Elder Council makes decisions that will affect many clans, not just one or two. For example, the Council wouldn't get involved in peace talks between my clan and the Tempest clan, but they were the ones responsible for the peace talks with the huma- I mean, your king." Kadami explained, hoping that she did a good enough job explaining her clan's culture to her.

@Jess Buck

Jessica smiled and listened carefully to what Kadami was saying. She nodded.

"That makes sense. Its not like that with us at all. I mean, yes sure, if a person is kind enough, they'll share their food and shelter but......for most humans its every man for himself." Jessica sighed "There is a large divide between the rich and the poor. My family however likes to help the poor on Sundays. We donate food, and warm clothing.....But there are many nobles who look down on the poor as lesser witch is sad but there isn't much we can do. Our King and the whole royal family are given the up most respect. And if not you can be executed for treason....." Jessica gave Kadami a soft smile. "Your society sounds much nicer than ours...." She finished putting up her cloths and sat down on the bed. It was then she realized there was only one bed. She looked around. "There's only one bed....." She said "Where's the other bed?" She stood and continued looking around.

Kadami tilted her head to the side. "You don't like your king?" She asked curiously. From what she read, the kings were always well-loved, except by the ones that wanted his power. She didn't understand that point very well. However, the subject suddenly changed when Jessica sat down. "Huh?" She looked around the room. "No, there's only one." She commented, looking at the human girl. "Are you uncomfortable with that?" Is this a big deal with humans? She wondered. In her clan, sharing a sleeping space, while uncommon, wasn't too unusual. This cultural barrier is complicated....

@Jess Buck

Jessica blushed and tried to explain,

"Well, normally when people share a bed they are either married or siblings.......It's.....taboo.....of sorts for engaged people or people who are not married to share the same bed. Because if you share the same bed then.....well...." She hopped that Kadami would just pick up on the last part and she wouldn't have to say it out loud. She wasn't sure how it was for dragons, but sharing a bed for humans was a big step and something not most people did.

@AlannaTrebond

Mayu wasn't really sure what to think, but she seemed to relax a little. Her eyes flickered to the name next to the door.

"That is quite unfortunate for him. I do send my regards." She didn't let on the fact that she could heal. She wasn't entirely sure why either, but perhaps a part of her was glad her original betrothed woukdnt be coming. Either way she would be surrounded by strangers. But something about this guy, Sinnal, calmed her nerves. She nodded, still avoiding his eyes, only sneaking glances here and there.

"I would introduce myself...but it appears you already know that." She gave a half smile. She wanted to say more but suddenly felt a bit nervous. So she just nodded in approval of his offer/suggestion. To be honest she wasn't quite thinking about the outcome of any of her decisions. @Jayden Kisubo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back