• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Unlikely Alliance [Fantasy/Arranged Marriage]

"I wouldn't have asked you if my brother didn't request it." Solona told him, then nodded at his request, simply relieved that he didn't make a fuss. Honestly, she wasn't sure if she liked the arranged marriages in general, and wasn't happy that her childhood friend was dragged into it. "Alright, that's fine." She told him. "Your fiance will be a dragon named Mayu. I think she's already arrived. You should probably at least meet her." She reached the doorknob and looked back at him. "Do you need a minute before you do?"

xxxxxxx

Alessia rolled her eyes. "So? Ignore them." She planted a hand on her hip. "All you're doing is proving that people are right to think of dragons as beasts." She told him, clearly unimpressed. She wasn't a people person herself, and she made it plainly obvious to those that she didn't like, but she didn't glare at strangers just because they looked at her funny. "Besides, if you keep making that face, it'll get stuck. Whatever poor soul you get matched to will be terrified." She told him, although her tone suggested that she didn't really care. Then, she heard the all-too-familiar voice of her father calling her name. She groaned and shook her head. I'm not talking to him anymore. "Anyway. See you." She said quickly, running back towards the castle before she was seen.

@Jayden Kisubo

"Its nice to meet you Jayden. " Kori replied. He watched his fiancee unpack and was impressed with all the books. At least he isn't an idiot. Deciding he should give his fiancee space to unpack and to go visit his sister Kori slipped on his boots. Putting on his sword he put the book back on its shelf then turned back to his fiancee. Seeing him already done and seemingly awkward he paused in his departure. Would it be rude to just leave? Deciding it would be he nodded. "Would you like to come with me to explore the castle?"

@Jayden Kisubo

Bowing to his friend, Sinnal smiled at her and slipped into a habit he really should break himself of. "I know, Solona. No, I should go to the room she was assigned to before she gets unpacked...." He nodded at his decision and bowed again, a bit of nervousness clear to the woman who'd known him for most of their lives. He turned and made his way down the hall to the guest rooms. He made it to the room just as a woman was about to go in. He bowed to her and then straightened, placing a polite smile on his face as he spoke. "Would you be Miss Mayu, perchance?"

@Joker880

Tirrania wondered the halls aimlessly, deciding to put off seeing Solona for a while. She hummed as she danced through the hall on quiet feet. She kept doing so until she ran into a chest covered in armor and began to fall to the ground.

@Icerex (because, why not)

Matt~

Matt had been staring at a particularly ornate painting, a depiction of a particular cavalry charge in a famous battle, Gealdon in 1561 he seemed to remember, when a red-headed shape slammed into his chest. He acted on instinct, reflexes honed from a lifetime of battle, reaching down and catching the falling figure.

@Jayden Kisubo

The red headed princess looked up to see who had caught her with a small flush on her face. "Oh. Hello Matt." She smiled at him, not bothering to call him by his rank. He'd asked multiple times for it not to be done, and she thought it was a mouthful as well. Tirrania straightened as well as she could with him still holding her, unfazed by the whole thing. She had run into him more than once since being adopted by the previous king, most of those time more literal than just seeing him.

@Icerex

Jessica was left in the room by herself after both Kadami and Mya left. She gave them both a warm goodbye and wished them both luck before they left. Now being alone in the room, Jessica decided to look around. She smiled and stopped at a bookshelf, looking at the books. There were alot there that she hadn't read before. She was about to reach for a book when a servant stepped in.

"Excuse me Miss." Jessica turned her head quickly toward the person. It was a man. He was around average height and kind of average looking.

"Yes?" She asked.

"I have been instructed to lead you to your room Miss. May I ask your name?" Jessica walked over to him and smiled, reaching out her hand.

"Jessica Torres." The servant bowed his head as he shook Jessica's hand.

"Pleasure to meet you Mam'm. Please follow me." He gestured for her to follow him as he started walking towards her room. Jessica looked around and did her best to memorize the route to her room, so she wouldn't get lost. She picked out land marks that she could use to make sure she was going in the right direction. After about a minute, they had arrived at the room. The servant handed Jessica a key before leaving. Jessica took in a deep breath before putting the key in the lock to open it. To her surprise, it was already open. Jessica's heart began to pound.

"Oh my god......This is it.....I'm about to meet my fiance....Almeja por Jess . Todo estará bien. Respiraciones profundas." (Clam down Jess. Everything will be fine. Deep breaths) She thought to herself. She took a couple deep breaths before opening the door.

She stepped in and saw Kadami. Jessica's heart started pounding again. "Its a girl! Thank god its a girl! But.....what will father think? What will the kingdom think? Oh shit this could get very ugly very fast." Jessica did her very best to calm down her thoughts and mask them with a warm smile. "Kadami! Hi!" She said pleasantly.

@AlannaTrebond

Last edited by a moderator:
Well there go's one issue. Kori thought when his fiancee accepted. Now I just have to resist saying anything insulting. Unless I feel like getting slapped. He learned the hard way that Akira's non violence policy didn't extend to him acting an idiot. Nodding he approached the door as he replied. " Yes. I wish to visit my sister. See how she is settling in. "

@Jayden Kisubo

tumblr_mob1gh415j1sn396vo1_1280.jpg

"Oh? Don't tell me you've broken already?" Loki gave a small chuckle. His eyes followed her as she seemed to retreat further against the wall. Suddenly he heard a familiar voice scrape against his mind.

Are you really proud of yourself for such an action?

Loki flinched. Mayu would have said something like that. I wonder of she is boding well. Maybe...I really was too harsh? His gaze softened a bit at the girl, but he still felt the same. Humans are evil. All of them.

But, taking a lily flower from the vase on the dining room table as walked over and dropped it onto her lap. "I know its not your choice to be here. But you looked so hopeful walking in. Like you were excited. " his voice teedered on irritating and guilt.

He wasn't saying sorry. That definitely wasn't it. Never would he apologize to a human. "This is sickening." He whispered more to himself than to her. The water droplets from the petals of the flower gleamed. "Human girls like that sort of thing right? It's boring for me if you look so...absent." That wasn't all that true. After all he only heard about some things humans liked from Mayu. He didn't quite understand why this girl looked so upset and distant. Noticing some of the blood had dried on her arms he went to grab a wet towel and took her arms, he grabbed them rather roughly, but he wiped off the blood gently. Even having my blood on her is kind of disgusting. But I won't tell her that.

Loki finished and for a moment he let his hand linger on her arm, her skin was soft. Without changing expressions he stood back up, heading to explore the room more fully. @xXDeathXLifeXAngelXx

Arumi stopped when she heard a voice. "Huh?" She turned around looked to see who it was. It was some guy look like. Oh this must be the guy I'm suppose to marry....he's kind of cute and slightly familiar....haha no couldn't know him. "Haha yeah like I care if I am or not." She sat on the bed and then said,"Let me guess you must be the my fiancé right? Guess you had to come here and meet me huh?" She then noticed him unpacking his things. "Hold up" She stood up and walked over to him wither arms crossed. "What are you doing your not staying in this room." There was no way she was sharing a room with a guy. Not even if they were engaged. Not that she was letting herself get married anyway. Luna walked over to Arumi and looked at the guy. Luna meowed and tilted her head at him.

@Jayden Kisubo

Daron pushed himself out of bed and over to the stand he had set his armor and trinkets on. With a sigh he slowly began strapping everything onto himself once more, he had gotten tired of reading the book it had gone far into detail about the animal mind. Strapping his chest piece was the hardest but after he was done he stood and looked at the circlet that hung on the stand, pulling his hair back with one hand he grabbed the circlet and slipped it on with the other. After making sure all his armor was properly on he tied his belted sword and scabbard. When he finished he turned and walked for the door opened it, and stepped into the long corridor. Might as well get to know someone, or something.

While walking through the castle he made his way down to the courtyard, he could tell that a few of the people supposed to be here were already here. He wasn't much for introductions but his time as a child when ever his father took him to court he learned many names. One girl he saw resembled that of one of the Stone daughters, he wasn't good with first names but he walked himself into her path and did his best to not be abrupt. "Mam if you don't mind my asking you aren't one of the Stone daughters are you," Doren asked with a calm voice.

@AlannaTrebond

Matt~

Matt studied the girl, attempting to place her face. Then he remembered, that red hair was unmistakable. "Your highness!" He quickly let go from her shoulders, right hand closing into a fist and going across his chest in a salute. "I apologize, for I did not see you there." He was getting flustered he knew, red creeping up his neck, Tirrania seemed to always do that to him whenever they met. He had seen her more than once while stationed at the royal palace, back during the Aramathi Wars. She had been absent-minded he seemed to remember, and this was not the first time she had stumbled into him, her head in the clouds. His scarred face turned to a frown. "Why are you here, ah, my lady, if you don't mind me asking. You're not planning on marrying one of those barbarian dragons are you?"

@Jayden Kisubo

Knowing that she wouldn't make it back into the castle before her parents saw her, Alessia made a sharp turn, hiding around the side of the stable. However, before she could move away, a man approached her and asked if she was one of the 'Stone daughters'. She sighed and frowned. "Shh. They'll hear you." She told him. She didn't mind if they talked, as long as they did so quietly. "I'm Alessia Stone. Formerly disowned." She told him, so shrugged. "So I guess you could say that I'm not a 'Stone daughter'." She told him, speaking quietly the entire time.

@jole875

xxxxxxx

At the same time, Alessia's parents approached Marius. "Excuse me. I'm looking for my daughter. About this tall, long hair, dressed... oddly? Have you seen her?" He asked, then frowned and turned to his wife. "Can he even understand me? This is the common language for a reason."

@Jayden Kisubo

xxxxxxx

Kadami turned when she heard the door to the bedroom open. She smiled at the girl, Jessica, before she realized that a nervous or even frightened expression was on her face, quickly hidden behind a smile and a cheerful hello. "Oh, you must be my mate- I mean... fiance? Is that the right word?" She tilted her head to the side and walked over to her. "Are you okay?"

@Jess Buck

• tumblr_muf9qyVAAL1rybiymo1_500.jpg
    Mya stopped and looked up, watching the flower fall gently. Mya picked it up and looked up at the male curiously, his sudden change in mood and softer gaze made Mya tilt her head a bit. I wonder what just made his mood change suddenly. Mya thought.

He went on about how it wasn't her choice, about how excited she looked. It made her think. Did I really look excited? Sure, I was pretty curious but why would I be excited over something like being married to someone I've never met before? She felt like saying something in response, but his threat from before made her wonder if she should choose otherwise. His voice held guilt though and she smiled softly. "You're right, I didn't choose this at all. When I was first notified about it I was pretty hesitant to come." Mya paused, wondering what his reaction would be to her speaking but she droned on still. "And I apologize if I really did seem.... excited. To be honest I was quite curious but I never found myself to be excited over this, maybe just... energetic. But I'm always that way." She paused again, looking up at him. Her voice held a bit of fear, still scared of his threat before, but she told herself he wouldn't do anything. Or at least that was all she hoped.

Mya hadn't caught on to what Loki had said, though she did hear him mutter something under his breathe. She wanted to know what he had said but she kept quite, deciding just in case she would only speak if spoken directly to. She wanted to prove her parents had taught her some manners. Mya looked back at the flower, smiling softly. Flowers showed affection, sympathy, guilt, so many emotions when they were given to someone. Mya liked flowers. She nodded to Loki's comment, most assumed all girls liked flowers. Though, some girls might hate them or could be allergic. Mya was glad she wasn't one of those girls as she smiled and touched a petal of the flower gently, getting a few of the droplets of water on her finger. A sorrowful feeling hit her however, and she stopped her smiling, just staring at the flower blankly.

She was lost in thought when she felt the dragon grab her arm. Flinching, she looked over at him quickly, but relaxed a bit as she saw he was only removing the blood that had gotten on her arm. She glanced at the blood on her arm then to the male's arm, where the blood had originated from. She couldn't see anything, though that was probably due to his sleeve. She just watched him quietly.

She felt the moment when he had paused and let his hand sit on her arm. She would have given anything just to be able to read his mind at that moment, but it ended quickly and he got up to walk around the room. Mya kept to her wall, not knowing what else to do. She was scared of what might happen if she made a wrong step. His red eyes remained in Mya's head as she examined the flower given to her carefully, turning it in her fingers gently. Though she looked back over to her arm then to Loki. "Err... may I ask.... how you got hurt?" Mya asked softly, looking at Loki with slightly widened eyes.

@NyxNightmare

Blake was approaching the castle. He was just about to join the arranged marriage project. He was not nervous at all, just curious. He couldn't wait to meet the humans. He wanted to know how they were like of you talked to them instead of instantly killing them. As he arrived, sunken into his thoughts, he bumped into someone. "Hey, watch where your going", he angrily said, not even looking who he just hit.

@AlannaTrebond

Fisethal nearly made it inside when someone ran into her. She turned to see a young man telling her to 'watch it', and frowned. He was a dragon- that was clear from his scent, but obviously a rude one. She narrowed her eyes somewhat, annoyed. "Perhaps now isn't the time to act childishly." She told him, then walked inside.

@Ami the breadling

AlannaTrebond said:
Fisethal nearly made it inside when someone ran into her. She turned to see a young man telling her to 'watch it', and frowned. He was a dragon- that was clear from his scent, but obviously a rude one. She narrowed her eyes somewhat, annoyed. "Perhaps now isn't the time to act childishly." She told him, then walked inside.
@Ami the breadling
She was a dragon, he immediately knew that. She gave something back, it made him a bit angry, but he decided now whas not the time for a fight. She went inside and he followed her. " Your a dragon as well. Do you know where we need to go? Because I do not. ", he asked. He was sure she expected an apology, but he would never do that. Even if the unrealistic case should occur that he was wrong. He looked at her, hiding anger, with a careless expression on his face.

Fisethal tilted her head to the side at him. He probably thought that she wanted an apology, or a fight, but it really wasn't worth her time, especially now. She nodded at his question. "I in fact, do." She told him, leading him into the main hall. "I have a friend in the Elder Council. He told me that there will be human servants ready and willing to lead us to the rooms we will be staying at for the time being, which is where we will likely meet our intended fiance as well, since they will be living in the same room as us." She informed him. Feeling like she had done her duty, she began to approach a servant.

@Ami the breadling

As she left, he approached a servant aswell, wanting to see his new room and, more importantly, meet his fiance. The servant led him to the room and he entered it.

(So how do I know who the fiance is? Does someone choose or is it random or how does that work?)

Jessica nodded with a slight giggle.

"Yeah Fiance is the right word......I'm fine!" She said quickly, she walked past Kadami and brought her bags with her. She began looking around. "So um....witch dresser did you put your things in?" She asked. She was doing her best to remain calm and try to act natural. She didn't want to alarm Kadami or make her feel awkward. "I want to get unpacking so I don't have to worry about it later."

@AlannaTrebond

Last edited by a moderator:
Jayden listened to Kori and then nodded his head. It was good to know that he had a sister in the castle. "Okay, that sounds good to me. She should be near by, I assume. It also might be worth it to check out the gardens and castle if you're interested. " He smiled at his betrothed and headed into the hall.

@Joker880

Tirrania frown for a moment as Matt saluted. She reached up and grabbed his arm by the wrist before pulling it down out of the salute while scrunching her nose up in annoyance. "You know I don't like you saluting me when we're alone." She smiled up at him before looking off to the side. "Who knows...." She spoke softly, awkwardly, knowing now matter what she said, he would be upset. She was suddenly upset with the whole thing, but knew it was just her personal feelings for the person she was talking to. "By the end of this all both of us will perhaps be married to one of them, or there may be a war. Of course we don't have to stay with our chosen betrothed if we do not wish, but we have to give it all a chance. So, Matt, please try? For me and the kingdom?" She spike to him with the same soft tone and didn't let go of his wrist.

@Icerex

Matt~

Matt nodded, face in a grimace as if he had tasted something unpleasant. "Of course your highness, I understand the need to try, but that doesn't mean I have to like it." He glanced at her hand still holding his wrist. "Do you know yourself who you are, ah, betrothed to? I've been sort of avoiding the whole situation so far, and I don't even know who I'm......" His voice trailed off in a low mutter, a dark scowl gracing his face.

@Jayden Kisubo

Blake went into his room and threw himself on one of the beds. He sighed. He was curious about he was planned to marry. He as well was curious how humans were, when you actually talked to them. A lot of questions went through his head, nearly giving him a headache. He began to feel bored as well, so he decided to play around a little until his fiance would arrive. He created a dark ball, throwing it up and catching it again all the time.

Marius stared at the two humans that were standing in front of them, seriously considering striking them both with Lightning at the moment. His eyes narrowed the moment the male insulted him. The dark purple haired dragon let a malicious smirk paint his face and he stalked up to the male, walking behind him. He leaned over the other's shoulder so his hair fell over it and whispered in his ear. "I can understand you perfectly." He let a small growl enter his voice and switched to the native tongue of the Stone Family area. "Or would you rather me talk like this." He slid his eyes to his right to look at the man's face.

@AlannaTrebond

Tirrania huffed and reached up with her free hand, flicking the man on the nose. "I am Tirrania. Don't make me order you to call me that again." She muttered the 'again' and smiled at him. At his question, she shook her head before walking in the direction of the gardens, still holding to him to make Matt walk. "I don't know what they look like, but I know their name is Blake."

@Icerex

Matt~

"As you wish your hi-, ah, Tirrania." He smiled at her, acquiescing to her demands. She never seemed to act much like a princess when not in formal situations, and even then only rarely. He followed after her as she dragged him off. Come to think of it, that was why he liked her, she didn't put on noble airs or act like it was above her station to even talk to him. Even if he was a Lieutenant Colonel. "So, Tirrania, you are in favor of these negotiations?" He avoided calling them by what they were, a mass-mixing of blood, a forced integration. He had seen it a few times before when one country conquered another. Nobles from both sides marrying in order to create blood-ties between the nations. Sometimes it worked, more often then not however, it created more problems then it solved.

@Jayden Kisubo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back