• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern United We Stand | Political Drama/ Thriller | Realistic Fiction | Love, Action, Betrayal | |OPEN FOR SHEETS|

ReverseTex

Old Timer

UNITED WE STAND

[*]
PLOT
Washington_DC_at_night.jpg

Following the 2020 election Oliver Greyson, former Secretary of Veteran Affairs and Congressmen of Virginia, was elected the 46th President of the United States. Virtually unheard of, minus his past as Navy SEAL, and honest upbringing wowed the American people. Furthermore, his policies and commitment to the people as a truly independent canidate attracted both sides of the aisle... But Washington is Washington. Power, greed, and manipulation rule this town with a iron fist. Honest men succumb fast to the these vices. So, do you have what it takes to make it in this town?

[*]

[*]
CHARACTER LIST
WJE_DAT_Washington_Monument_2011.jpg
Presidential Family
President Oliver Greyson- played by ReverseTex ReverseTex
First Lady Greyson- myst.erion myst.erion
Eldest Son (15-18)- reserved Braddington Braddington
Middle son (12-14) open
Youngest Daughter (8-10) - reserved for myst.erion myst.erion

White House Staff
Vice President- reserved for Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford

All cabinet members apply ( most needed will be secretary of defense, state, chief of staff, homeland security)

Director of Homeland Security- reserved for Epyk Epyk
Secretary of State- reserves for RayPurchase RayPurchase
Press Secretary- Epyk Epyk
Chief of Staff- zippy zippy
Any former Greyson campaign members (if you make a character we can discuss their ideas and former role in the campaign and decide which placement will be best for them)
Press Secretary- open
Secret Servicemen (not many of these, at max 3.)

Media and Other
Any reporter role (we'll need someone to dig into the presidency)
if you have something in mind not listed above don't be shy to pm me!!

[*]

[*]
RULES & INFORMATION

Hey guys! I hope i've peaked your interest a tad with this RP, and let me further explain. I have a huge passion for politics (many on this site know me for it lol) so i'm glad to finally have the time to host my own political thread. If you're new to political rp's, or just not sure how to start, i'd be glad to help! There's going to be much more besides politics going on in this RP. Family dynamics, love, manipulation, and even some action later on!

I also want to say since this is modern politics, I'll be trying my hardest to keep this fair and balanced. Making the President an independent allows for the freedom to go, either way, so I'm hoping for his cabinet members to have diverse political backgrounds and beliefs. I also don't want to hate on any past administrations, so if you're here for that keep your opinions silent or just don't join. Everything in this RP will be realistic fiction, so no one should be heavily moved or offended about the policies or events that occur.

But enough of buracrecy, theyll be plenty of that in the RP! Please PM me with any concerns, questions, or ideas! I'll be hosting a discord once this RP gains ground for OOC purposes.

[*]

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:
yes! have always wanted to do something like this. idk if roles are reserved or something, but im interested in sec. of homeland security!

yes! have always wanted to do something like this. idk if roles are reserved or something, but im interested in sec. of homeland security!

Yeah I’ll do reserved roles for now seeing as interest is slow. But I’ll reserve it for you! PM to plot

Heya. If I were, to say, maybe a Political blogger - who does it Anonymously via a bunch of VPNs and under a pseudonym - who has a bit of a cult following among media and political pundits, his site often having scoops that don't always pan out - but when they do they are often big and gamechanging. I am thinking the type of guy that worms his way into various internships, or dates the children of (or even the) CEOs of companies to get dirt on them. I am thinking like early twenties, too smart for his own good, reads a shit tonne of political theory, fan of conspiracy theories while not subscribing to them - super charming types. Young enough to pass for a freshman student in a Uni, but old enough to not get carded at bars. Works a lot on his image as a "buff" "dumb" "jock" type, to throw people off the fact that his room is filled with pictures and red strings, and his laptop runs an encrypted version of Linux, and his home Internet connection is far stronger than one 'average' person should ever really need. I am also thinking that maybe he is taking 'night' classes at a local prominent UNI, so he can pretend to be a day student and gain access to things like their libraries and computer facilities... Sorry... my brain is running with concepts. Anyway, what ya think ReverseTex ReverseTex

Heya. If I were to say a Political Blogger - Does it Anonymously via a bunch of VPNs and under a pseudonym - who has a bit of a cult following among media and political pundits, his site often having scoops that don't always pan out - but when they do they are often big and gamechanging. I am thinking the type of guy that worms his way into various internships, or dates the children of (or even the) CEOs of companies to get dirt on them. I am thinking like early twenties, too smart for his own good, reads a shit tonne of political theory, fan of conspiracy theories while not subscribing to them - super charming types. Young enough to pass for a freshman student in a Uni, but old enough to not get carded at bars. Works a lot on his image as a "buff" "dumb" "jock" type, to throw people off the fact that his room is filled with pictures and red strings, and his laptop runs an encrypted version of Linux, and his home Internet connection is far stronger than one 'average' person should ever really need. I am also thinking that maybe he is taking 'night' classes at a local prominent UNI, so he can pretend to be a day student and gain access to things like their libraries and computer facilities... Sorry... my brain is running with concepts. Anyway, what ya think ReverseTex ReverseTex
Ok well that’s a lot lol.

I’m not opposed to you being a political blogger, kinda scattered brained in ideas and whatnot. That’s fine. Idk about the whole anonymous part. He’d be put likely on a watchlist of sorts if some of the stuff he was searching or if knowledge of his internet ability got out. I’ll work with you on ideas just PM me

Seeing as how I'm currently rewatching House of Cards (Not to mention the Thick of It, but that's a slightly different TV show) I'm definitely up for this. Would love to go for the Secretary of State role

Roles that I must have to start this RP

- Secret Service
-Secretary of Defense
Other roles can be filled in as we go, or simply NPC’s. The ones listed above are pivotal to plot, and cannot start without them. Tomorrow I will be posting a CS thread. Signup will still be open following the start of the RP.

Last edited:
Hey hey Tex, sign me up for the Secret Service. Nothing beats being the bodyguard and meatshield of political figures eh?

Hey Tex! Just saw this, and I just finished watching Veep, so I'm really interested. Would it be possible to take Senate Majority leader for whichever party currently controls the Senate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back