Unexpected Exile (In Character, RP)

GossipLink

I drink coffee, oh and I love my fish waifus :>

Alseia Nochfolger

-Royal Sorcerer's Tower, in the Study Room-

A lone girl sat upon a creaking, ancient wooden chair, leaning against an even older and cracked table. Countless stacks of paper, old and used brewing stands, and various magical items littered the study desk, forcing the girl to endlessly shove aside the slowly falling piles to leave herself just enough space to write. The book on which her quill wrote was equally worn, though certainly not as aged as the equipment nearby. It's leather covering, while once a nice tan color, now was barely even brown from the repetitive use. The pages within filled with so many notes and entries that they had nearly grown black from the ink. A fierce concentration was plastered over the girl's face as she wrote, each word written with precision and skill, as if expecting a critique to come and look for any mistakes in it's calligraphy. In this tower, so high above the castle grounds, the shouting and hollering from the restless mob below was barely audible. The few echoes of yelling that did reach the open window of this room, were met with a stone wall of deaf ears. Alseia Nochfolger, the girl who wrote a passage in her diary when people were calling for blood, is the one in question here. Up until a few moments ago, she had planned to do nothing but stay here and await either death, or enlightenment of the ignorant masses, the latter she viewed as near impossible. 

However, as she wrote what was going to be her final entry, a thought of her previous teacher came to mind. A call to action, of sorts. To save the princess, to save herself, to save...possibly the entire kingdom from ruin of itself. Did it seem utterly fanciful? Yes. Could it be nothing other then useless devotion to a now passed friend? Yes. But no matter what the reasoning behind it was, Alseia found a sort of...determination, to at least try. If death should be the end result, so be it. But I won't sit here and say I did nothing but expect the end to come, without trying to stop it! Pushing away from the mahogany table, the same colored chair groaned in agony in resistance, threatening to collapse from the effort. Even still, by some miracle, it didn't shatter. Closing the diary, not bothering to let the ink dry, the mage stomped over to the far side of the room, where her bed laid. Tossing the leather bound book onto the soft purple comforter, she turned her attention to a wardrobe on the opposite wall. Opening it forced a terribly loud screeching noise to radiate from it's rusted hinges, but Alseia paid no mind to the sound. Instead, she immediately went in to pick out a new outfit. Her current one, that of a purple robe and long under clothes, wasn't going to work for this next part of the plan. Not wasting a second, the sorceress quickly changed into another outfit, this one akin to that of an adventurer or traveler. Though not satisfied with how long it took, she was pleased that she wasn't terribly noticeable now.

Alseia's mind never stopped running, thinking and planning on her every next move. Out of all the things she had studied and prepared for, a sudden exile wasn't one of them. Even in her wildest dreams, never once did she expect the masses to be on this level of sheer stupidity. Standing still, the girl allowed herself just a second to breath, to collect her thoughts. I need a plan, something simple, but effective. I can't worry about the curse, or the people...I just need a way to get myself, and the others out of here. But how?! Tapping her foot, the girl's brain ran on energy far beyond what should be allowed. Slowly, a vague thought of action was forming. A scheme of sorts, that might just work. Rushing over to the nearest bookshelf, she poured her wandering eyes over every last book. The entire case stood from the floor to the ceiling, a good eight feet tall, and nearly five feet wide. Out of the seven shelves, there was easily over two hundred different texts and scrolls, books and journals. Only one of them was needed at the moment, but even still, Alseia needle pointed her find in only a few moments. On the third shelf to the far left, was a ivory tanned scroll, marked closed by a scarlet red seal. It looked older then most of the things in this room, which was really saying something. The girl snapped the seal, and gently unfolded it against the wall. It was a map of sorts, though it's grafting and scaling was done with amateur skill. Even still, the general idea was laid out. Smiling, the mage perked up a tiny bit. This was it. The thing that might just save their lives. In the bottom left corner, was a list of various items. Making a mental note of them, Alseia slid the scroll back into it's place, and then rushed back over to her work table. Grabbing a few loose papers, quill and ink, she began writing a note;

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Associate;

Hello, my fellow apprentice, protector, or otherwise. I apologize for this rather informal letter, and do hope you can forgive the rushed nature of it's contents. But to put it plainly and bluntly, we aren't in a good spot. Before long, the crowds are going to break in and kill all of us, assuming we get lucky. For all I know, they might decide to torture us, or even potentially worse. However, I have a plan that can give us a little extra time. An...escape route, of sorts. It's old, and few people know of it, but it was built for this exact purpose. 

My standing with some of you isn't great, believe me I know. Honestly, it's hard even writing this. Not because of my own personal feelings towards you, by no means. Instead, because I know some of you may refuse to listen due to your feelings towards myself. Nonetheless, this is no trick or ruse. I only wish to save the princess, myself, you all, and hopefully the entire kingdom. There is even a chance that the late Emperor, and his royal advisers could be brought back from wherever it was they were taken. So please, consider what I'm proposing here. If you do accept, then pack a bag or two for a long trip. Plan on exploring rugged terrain, foreign cities, being without food or water at points, and sleeping outside of typical shelter. Make certain your clothes are fitting for this expedition, and bring enough money to buy the things you can't bring. 

I'll attach as much magic as I can to this letter. Just say the words, 'Lead Me', while pressing your thumb against the page. I can't exactly explain it, but a sort of faint trail should appear, leading you to the destination. If you refuse to use magic, well...try to find your way to a place called the, 'Magisch Observatorium'. I doubt it will be in any maps you possess, but I offer you luck in locating it nonetheless. 

With regards,

Alseia Nochfolger.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Biting her lip, the mage frowned at the letter. It was so poorly constructed, that it clearly showed how rushed she was being. But, despite the feeling, she elected to ignore as best she could manage. It would server it's purpose, and that was all that was necessary. Pulling out a small drawer underneath the tabletop, Alseia grabbed four objects. Setting them aside for now, she laid out two more blank papers and lined them on either side of the letter. Returning to the objects, she placed one at each corner of the rectangle of paper. They were all small vials of different liquids, potions brewed by the late Zekund. Taking a wand from the pile of mess, she recited out loud, "Lexis replica, vocabulum!" All of the vials glowed a bright blue for several moments, till the liquid contained inside seemingly dissipated. As it drained, words from the original letter began copying onto the blank pages, till there were three perfectly matched pieces of text. Satisfied with the result, Alseia gripped the quill one final time. Taking the first letter, she added onto it;

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

P.S.

Jaeger Soule, you above all else is who this letter addresses. The Princess is under complete guidance and protection by you currently, so what happens to her, is ultimately determined by you. I know we hardly know one another, so I can't expect you to simply trust me. But there also, is no direct reason why you shouldn't. Give this plan a chance, if you wish. I'll be going through with it no matter what you choose, I will save this country. I just hope that Lily is part of that. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For the last part, Alseia pulled out another drawer, just above the first one. Held within was a jeweled hawk feather, a bottle of sea water, gold powder, and a mixing bowl infused with quartz dust. Using the bowl, she poured the water and gold dust into it, and then swirled the contents together using the feather. Even without heat, the contents began to boil and bubble, spilling over the sides as the liquid amassed beyond it's original state. As the water touched her skin, the mage didn't feel a burn, but rather a soothing sensation. Lifting it over the paper, she let the overflowing liquid pour all over the papers. Just as quickly as it came, the water faded into mist, leaving the letters completely dry. The entire purpose of the brew, was to infuse them with magic, allowing it to guide those who receive it to the intended location. A simply ritual of sorts, but effective. Grabbing them all, Alseia proceeded over to the only door exiting her room. Pushing it open with a little bit of force, she met eyes with a guard standing post outside. Practically shoving two of the letters into his hands, she instructed him, "Bring these to Blythe Ayers, and Slate Nochfolger." Then handing him the last one said, "And this one, to Jaeger Soule. Make it fast, please.

Slipping back inside and shutting the door, Alseia moved to prepare the final pieces of this plan. Pulling a big backpack, a small satchel, and a roughly medium sized carrying case, she set them on her bed and began packing. In the backpack, she stored several books and tomes, numbering thirteen in total. In the same bag, she also added her Royal Sorcerer's attire, such as the robe and hat, and her one and only nice dress. Switching over to the satchel, she filled it up with various enchanting and wizarding supplies. In the carrying case, was a few unique items. Recalling on the list from the scroll, the mage scouted out and found every item on it, ensuring to not miss even one of them. The process altogether, took well over forty minutes. Once more annoyed with how slow she was being, Alseia bit her lip and moved on. Throwing the backpack over her shoulders, satchel slung around her left arm, and carrying case in her right hand, the girl looked like a traveling caravan. Doing her personal best to ignore the strain and abuse of the heavy weight, the sorceress trudged down to the Magisch Observatorium. Getting there wasn't easy though, even without the added baggage.

It was located deep underneath the castle. Several tunnels, some natural and others man made, stretch across the expanse of the kingdom. Criminals have used them to escape crime scenes, past heroes and saviors have used them to get to places faster to help, and so on. Their history is rich, and well known. However, unbeknownst to most living in the modern day, these caves serve another purpose. They were originally built in collaboration between a Royal Sorcerer, and his apprentice. John Femmden, and his trusted 'servant'. Also known as the, 'Shadowed One'. He reigned alongside a previous Emperor five generations ago, and was one of the lesser known magic users. While he didn't do very extravagant shows of magical ability, he did use his time as Royal Sorcerer to accomplish a few things. One of them, being the tunnels. It's said that in a single day, he created over three hundred miles of tunnels worth. Why, you may ask. Well, for a single reason. To hide away the cave that his greatest invention calls home. The precise one, that is called in the modern language, the 'Magical Observatory'. If the receivers of the letters use the magic attached, it will lead them directly to it. That's how Alseia had found it the first time around. Without it, traversing the correct path would be a nightmare. It twists and turns, leads into other tunnels and caves, come to dead ends and other less fortunate things.

It took a good hour for the girl to arrive, even with knowing the path by heart. But still, the sight took her breath away. Across a dazzling, gleaming river, was the most beautiful tree. Even from a distance, it's brilliant light glowed stunningly. As she walked over to the river line, the water seemingly faded away, a good ten feet around her. It was nothing more then an illusion to dissuade people and animals alike, from coming close. Once across, Alseia took a deep breath. The true, now shining almost pure white, radiated an intense magic. To most, it wouldn't feel any different. Or at least, nowhere near as strong. But to the future Royal Sorceress, it felt better then anything else in the world, or even beyond. Her mind cleared of any confusion or worry, and she felt her body grow warm, a pleasant feeling after the damp and cold caves previously. Who knew if the others were coming Who knew if they would make it. Logically, to some extent, the girl should've been worried. But in the glow of this pure natural energy, nothing could fog her mind. Setting the bags down, Alseia allowed herself to relax, sinking against the trunk of the tree. Though she knew sleeping wouldn't of hurt in anyway, the girl intended on staying awake to greet the others, should they arrive. 

RP reference PIC 4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@import url('https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Raleway');
@import url('https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Cinzel+Decorative');

.blythebackground {
background-color: ghostwhite;
width: 60%;
height: 440px;
padding: 5px;
max-width: 450px;
min-width: 350px;
display: inline-block;
}

.blytheborder {
border: 3px solid #88556d;
padding: 10px;
max-height: 430px;
}

.blythetext {
font-family:'Raleway';
overflow: scroll;
height: 270px;
font-size: 12px;
}

.blythetitle {
font-family: 'Cinzel Decorative';
font-size: 38px;
height: 60px;
color: #88556d;
}

.blythetags {
}

.blythetext::-webkit-scrollbar {
display: none;
}

hr.heading {
border-top: 1px solid black;
max-width: 375px;
}

.blytheCSLink {
color: #ff648d;
font-family: 'Raleway';
}

Blyth e Ayers

Within a small dimly-lit room there sat a boy. Head placed onto an adjacent desk, small trickles of tears began to fall down from his face - a series of actions that have sadly become far too common these past few days. He thought of all the fame and positive notoriety he once had; receiving various gifts such as boxes of chocolates to fill his belly when negativity began to arise. From recent events he knew this would never occur again. Walking throughout the streets with a head of hair shining out like a beacon had once been the highlight to his day, however now it had become his nightmare. The boy in the present only receives glares and the odd threat from his public appearances, driving him into his little home for the majority of the day.

Knock, knock, knock.

Blythe's head perked at the sound coming from his door. Wiping his tears and keeping his composure away from his previous pitiful state, he mentally prepared himself for an interaction with another angry group of adults, teens, or elders-alike. Slipping his camera into his hands and carefully walking towards the door, he swung it open, only to be met with an average guard.

"The Royal Sorcerer's apprentice Alseia ordered me to give this to you," he stated, producing a piece of paper and practically shoving it towards Blythe's face.

"O-Okay! Thank you mister!" Blythe replied, eyes widened with surprise. Due to their rather negative standing with each other, Blythe had never expected a word from the woman, and definitely not a full letter. He took the letter from the man's hands and began to skim through it almost immediately. Halfway through the second paragraph, the guard silently exited the premises, leaving Blythe with a cold outdoor draft entering his residence.

Blythe had a strange trust in this letter, ignoring the possibilities of it being a forgery. It felt as though it wanted to guide Blythe somewhere, a thought he had pushed away for now. As if he were under some sort of hypnosis, Blythe turned around and began to pack for the adventure. He brought the 'essentials': one condensed bed roll, important books and papers, a crude pistol for self defense...essentially anything that wasn't at least half his size was brought along; who knew when the situation would arise when one required a pristine honeycomb to attract some sort of creature?

Once deeming himself ready, Blythe placed the strap of his camera around his neck and stopped near the entrance to his home. Taking a deep breath, believing it to be the last time he will be in this location, he departed to the unknown - bearing only the letter on-hand.

~

Facing his fears, Blythe had been navigating through a dark, damp cave for the past half hour. With a perpetual anxious look on his face, he had no telling of when some sort of giant, mutated spider would jump out from its den and devour him. Soon enough, however, he stopped at the sight of a more refreshing location. It was still within the cave, yet it was frankly much more welcoming. It housed a beautiful river accompanied by an equally wonderful glowing tree. Never seeing the plant before, Blythe pocketed his letter and grabbed hold of his camera, taking a picture of it. In a matter of seconds, a sheet of paper flew out with only tw0 words:

"SPECIES: UNKNOWN"

Blythe sighed upon reading the description; perhaps he was witnessing a never before seen plant. Though he knew none he could share this story with aside from parents who lived afar, the tree brought an odd smile to his face. Making his way towards it, his focus was finally moved from the tree towards the brown-haired woman using the plant as support.

"Is that you Alseia?" he questioned, taking a few steps further until he was a few mere inches away from the woman.

"I got your letter and the plans my master handed to me..." Blythe continued, placing his bag onto the ground before rummaging through it. In a matter of seconds he produced one letter and one small book, waving it in the air slightly for her to see.

"And it's been nice seeing you...again!" Blythe smiled, though anything he says beginning from now sounds awfully forced. "Wow it's been a while. I've seen you've uhm...grown!"

MENTIONS - @TheGossipLink || LOCATION - Magic Tree

CS Link

Slate Nochfolger 

-Lower Levels of the Castle-

Slate paced back and forth in one of the art rooms of the castle, attempting to think of a plan for this situation. Slate was supposed to be within one of the many rooms in the castle, but protest from others left a foul taste in his mouth. All of the lords, ladies, dukes, and duchesses who weren't high enough of value to disappear were fighting over a place in the castle; each demanding more protection then the other, access to their possessions in their now overrun homes, and successfully being a nuisance to the entire guard and staff of the castle. Instead of fighting for all of his wants and needs, Slate was hatching his escape in the only quiet place he could find. 

There are many places to go; Fort Memin, the port town of Luminos, even a few of the desert cities could support my taste. I'll have my workers head to the mansion, take anything there and find anyone who dared to steal. Then begin the business trade once again, I'll make sure my 'loyal' trade partners will still help me. From there it's easy, I'll... I'll...

Slate was lucky he was alone, because no one would imagine the same lord on one knee in defeat. The Emperor, his advisers, and even his father were gone with no explanation; leaving a young Princess to the throne and a rebellion arising overnight. The castle was being overrun, anyone inside most likely facing a death sentence by mob, and the only thing people cared about around him were the size of their room and dinner portions. Slate scoffed at the childish natures of the other lords and at the stupidity of the mob. This wasn't mass murder by the Princess, she was practically a child; No, this was an inside job, but not one someone around the castle now. Who would want the royalty dead? And why should I care!? I need a way out, now! 

As if reading his thoughts, a single guard rushed through the door to the secluded wing. "Lord Nochfolger!" Although he was initially forward and unnerved, the glare from Slate composed the man back into military bearing. "Excuse me sir, but the Royal Sorcerer's Apprentice, your sister, has sent you a letter...", The guard became ever wary of how the words were displeasing the Lord, "Alseia made it seem urgent Lord..." The Nochfolger name was famous in most of the empire, but the legends of the family's fracturing was a household tale. The man settled with the tiny explanation before cowering back through the door, leaving the letter on the table in front of Slate. The Lord watched until the door closed, eyes moving from the wooden door up until it reached the letter. Slate avoided the letter for a few minutes, but his curiosity took over him. 

Slate read with a mixture of pride and hatred for the writer and these two emotions swirled until the hatred bubbled up to the surface, leading Slate to throw the table in front of him. Of course! Of all the people to offer me a hand, help I would refuse no matter who it was, it had to be her! After a moment to compose himself, Slate re-read the letter. I wasn't the only one to get this letter, obviously, but some of it seems addressed to me; unless Alseia has been making enemies while away. Slate's facial expression seemed to show the internal strife, eyes still reading over the letter, and ears noting the ever progressing rebellion at the castle's doors. Slate silently cursed before placing his thumb on the letter, "Lead me." The tone he spoke with was commanding, but supple and smooth in one baritone, charming, and manipulative voice. 

Slate grabbed his belongings, mostly consisting of clothes, instruments, and various tools of his many trades. Slate also removed most of illustrious clothing, instead changing to basic clothes of a black shirt and white jacket with fur lining. During his walk to Alseia, Slate picked up a few rations and waterskins from the table; intent on keeping himself taken care without use of his limited funds. With bag upon his shoulder, map in hand, and mixed emotions circulating within him, Slate made his way down the maze of caverns. Slate reached the cavern with relevant ease with the map, but hesitation on his own part to use magic. 

Then the cave system opened to a large cavern with a beautiful lake and blossoming tree, and two individuals around it. The Royal Scientist Apprentice and Alseia, Am I truly going to trust her, that pompous, useless.... Slate sighed. The truth was Slate was slightly happy to see Alseia, not only as a way to keep their mother's promise, but because she was deep down still family. Family, what a strange thing to call her after these years. Slate decided to worry about facing his feelings towards Alseia at another time, instead beginning the walk over the water. The water folded away to leave a path to the tree, but it became increasingly hard to walk over as Slate got closer to the tree. The magic infused air would normally go unnoticed by any non-magic humans, but due to the injuries Slate sustained; the magic not only made him visibly uncomfortable, but also made his scar flare to cause a small amount of pain.

The discomfort from the magic and those around him, not to mention the pain from his chest, Slate allowed himself to be quiet. The Lord had many of snarky comments to make, but the current situation placed a metaphorical muzzle on the man. This wouldn't last long, but Slate was intrigued to see what his dear younger sister would do when faced with him. 

=================================================================

Jaeger Soule

-Outside of the Princess' Bedchamber-

"Abandon the courtyard, but bring all forms of provisions and hold them within the kitchen! Have the staff began cooking and preserving all food, then have them help with reinforcing. I want the towers knocked down in order to block the entrances, but bring no harm to the rebellious people! Lastly, guard all the nobility at all cost! Go!"

The guards left with haste, leaving Jaeger alone with the few royal guards in front of Lily's bedchamber. "I didn't stutter, you go too! I'll guard the Princess, the rest of the guards need you." With this the royal guards, or elite guards, fell into line behind the rest; and after a few minutes the royal wing was void of life except two. Behind the door was a girl, a young woman that was placed in a position of power, blamed for the death of her father, and created an entire overthrowing of a government overnight, and she wasn't even of legal age. All of this, and the only person with complete faith in her was still at the door. Her personal guard, unwavering friend, and much more was the one thing keeping her safe and was to be her rock in this moment. 

Luckily there was a door between them, because in this moment the rock was crumbling. Jaeger continued to pace back and forth in front of the door, on the surface holding his bearing, but inside he was worrying for Lily. Having lost her mother at a young age and now her dad with so much going on, Jaeger could only wonder how she was holding up. He wanted to go to her, but he had her well being to think of. Pacing back and forth, Jaeger continued to plan some form of escape for the Princess. 

"Sir!" A guard rushed into the royal wing holding a piece of parchment in his hand, although he started with emergency in his voice; the large guard made him stop with a raised hand. "T-The Royal Sorcerer's Apprentice, Alseia Nochfolger, had this sent to you. She made it seem of immediate necessity." The guard handed the letter to Jaeger before leaving the wing with haste. Alseia... I've looked over her as a part of my job, but what could she need at this time. Jaeger opened the contents expecting some sort of request, but never imagined it would be at the caliber of fleeing the castle by magical means.

Jaeger looked over the letter numerous times, understanding the base of it, but the last line just for him causing difficulty. The way she worded this, she must have some plan... I have to trust her at this point. The castle was filled with more people than it was supposed to house, enough food for only a week if rationed properly, and defenses that could only last so long; it was a death trap for the Princess. Jaeger had made up his mind, but in the end his faith and loyalty lied with the Princess.

Jaeger gathered supplies with vigor; three layers of clothes on him, a bag of comforts for the Princess, his bag of medicine/survival equipment, and a few various weapons covering his body. Jaeger placed all of these items outside the sight of the Princess, as to not sway her decision of what to do. The protector wanted to bring more, to cover all of the various obstacles they may face, but even Jaeger had a carrying capacity. With the preparations completed, Jaeger slowly opened the door to the Princess' bedchamber. "Lily, are you decent?" Jaeger cracked the door, waiting until a response to open fully. 

"I have dispatched the guards, called for all the supplies from the courtyard, and sealed the entrances." Jaeger was speaking with his military tone, his deep bass of a voice sounding with a tone that Lily attempted to break him of; it gave away that Jaeger was acting professional and was likely to be reprimanded by Lily. Given the circumstances though, Jaeger assumed she wouldn't mind the severity in his voice. "A guard also delivered this letter from the Royal Scientist's Apprentice, I believe we should follow its guidance.".

Jaeger bowed on one knee to give the Princess the letter, an old habit he still carried. It was half play and half manners that Jaeger did this, simultaneously showing his respect as well as hoping to make her smile in this stressful time.  

Princess Lily

She was breaking down, but her kingdom couldn't know that. She was terrified, but the nobility couldn't know that. But more than anything, Princess Lily was in mourning, and not even Jaeger completely knew that. With her father gone, Lily had no mentor to guide her in leading a kingdom. Though, with its people calling for her blood and repentance for supposedly plotting against her own father, she supposed there was nothing to be done. Still, she wished more than anything that her father would come back and assure her that all was well.

Considering the Emperor's disappearance, Lily refused to even look at all the fancy clothes she possessed, instead favoring a plain, dove gray dress like those of common girls. Her brown hair tumbled down her back as she leaned against the wall by her window. She had turned away the maids that came, instead wanting to be alone, with no one but Jaeger to keep her company, though even he was outside the door. Lily's normally bright blue eyes were red from crying, and each breath came out staggered and raspy. Her grieving would soon be noticed, and the people would only find that as more reason to kill her.

The knock at the door distracted her from her morbid thoughts, which had inadvertently drifted to her mother. Lily turned and called, "Yes, Jaeger. Come in." In any other circumstance, she would have giggled at his hesitation, but her current situation prevented her from doing so. He entered, speaking in his military tone as he gave her an update on the goings on in the castle. She was tempted to scold him playfully for being so serious, but she let it slide due to the severity of their situation.

It was then he presented her a letter, bending down on one knee, as was custom of the other guards. Her own seriousness could only last so long. Lily gave him a sad smile and knelt in front of him. "Jaeger, you know you don't have to bow to me like that." The smile faded as she gently took the proffered letter, reading it over. Her eyebrows furrowed more and more with each passing moment, until finally she dropped her hand to her side and looked into Jaeger's eyes. "We're...leaving?"

A wave of fatigue suddenly hit her, and she put her hand to her head as if she had a headache. Of course, she was going to go, but what would happen to the kingdom in her absence? How many more would have to die or disappear for everything to be made right again? With a sigh, Lily stood and looked over her shoulder, out the window that had provided her a view of her kingdom her entire life. Glancing back at Jaeger, she cracked a tiny grin and said, "I suppose you're all ready to go, then? I'd hate to keep anybody waiting." She then flitted around the room, gathering simple things, such as a few food items and an extra dress. Donning a simple cloak, she rejoined Jaeger at the door. In times like these, she had the urge to hug him and just forget everything, but she wasn't a little girl anymore. This was the best thing for the kingdom right now. At least, she hoped that was true.

As the letter instructed, she pressed her thumb against the letter and murmured, "Lead me." Though she'd never really talked to Alseia, she trusted her magical abilities, and, with one last nervous glance at Jaeger, led the way. The faint trail that had appeared before her led her all around the castle and to the underground, making Lily's head spin with all the twists and turns. Eventually, they made it to a cave with a beautiful tree. Lily's eyes widened in awe as she carefully picked her way across the river over to the tree, where Alseia was waiting with Blythe and Slate.

Her awestruck look was replaced with anxiety, as she was hit by the magnitude of what she'd just done. She was abandoning her home and her people, and for what? To spare her own life? What type of leader was she, that she would let her own kingdom to ruin if only to keep herself alive? Searching for comfort, Lily lowered her head and timidly grabbed Jaeger's sleeve, trying not to make it obvious that she was panicking.

Last edited:

Alseia Nochfolger

-Magisch Observatorium, around the Divine Tree-

The girl sat serenely under the bows of the purely white tree, basking in it's glow. Something about how intense, yet pleasant the magic was that emanated from it, was the purest bliss Alseia knew of. No fancy spells, no rituals, no work. All you had to do was walk down here, and simply...relax. Zekund told her to never stay here too long, always reminding her that this tree was made with highly dark magic. Who knew what sort of side effects could occur from being near it, or using it. Perhaps John learned of the unintended curses? It would certainly explain his untimely disappearance. Such thoughts at a time like this, were the only company to be with the sorceress. The only interaction she had outside of herself, was the Royal Sorcerer. But with him now gone, possibly permanently, there was few she could connect with. To make it worse, the company that she would soon have, wasn't all exactly the best. Increasingly, the thought of drifting off to rest for awhile became more appetizing, just beyond the girl's reach. Snapping it up would be easy, but...deadly. Truthfully, the mage rationed with herself, it isn't proven to be dangerous to sleep here. Nonetheless, her former master's words kept resurfacing, dousing any plans on gaining some of her lost sleep. How long had it been since she even dozed off, anyways? A day? Three?...seven? That proved to be just enough to steal her attention, and for the next solid hour, that's all the woman could manage to think about.

By the time the first person arrived, Alseia was still trying to pin point the exact time she last slept. Sadly, he stole just enough of her attention to ruin the entire train of thought. Now at a loss for concentration on such a meaningless topic, the mage decided to ignore it altogether for now. Besides, what did it matter anyways? This new specimen brought completely new areas to consider. Blythe Ayers, the Royal Scientist's Apprentice. There was an undeniable energy in the air now, and it made the sorceress have to heavily consider her options. This boy was...smart. An asset. Someone that was necessary to further along the girl's cause of saving the kingdom, and nothing more. Okay, if I just think about him like that, I can get through this. In reality, Alseia despised the boy entirely. Out of all of the ignorant people on this planet, he was among the more unique ones. Instead of merely denying the usefulness and overall ability of magic, he doesn't even believe it exists. Or at least, not in a form beyond his simplistic, 'science'. Like it's a deity that created everything, or something that keeps the balance of the universe, a thing that cannot be proven. However, the arcane arts are clearly available to be seen freely to all. It's not a trick of slight of hand, or illusions. Even still, he is trying to keep the peace.

The man's closeness wasn't appreciated though. All of his features were in close proximity, the crystal blue eyes reflecting her own deep purple endlessly. Before she could react fully, Blythe procured a letter and a fairly small book. She was slightly surprised he bothered to keep her note, and an amusing thought passed through her head. "I don't suppose you used the magic?" The smallest cocky grin of a smile peered on the edge of her mouth. Using the chance to gain some distance, Alseia stood up from the base of the trunk, and took a few steps toward the back of the cavern. His last question felt terribly forced, reminding the girl that this was just as awkward for him, as it was for her. I wonder how long we can keep up the niceties? Shaking the more grim focus away, the mage brushed off the little bit of dirt that stuck to her clothing. "Yes, I have I suppose. You, ah...have as well." The words felt worse then a fork against a plate to say aloud, but it served it's purpose. Thankfully, they were both spared a moment of reprieve as another guest arrived. Sadly, the sight of this new person only caused further discomfort.

Slate Nochfolger, the sorceress' poor excuse for a big brother. A virtual explosion of emotions rocketed themselves around the girl's mind, increasing her irritation. Why did I do this to myself? Cocking her head slightly, a vulpine smile made it's place very noticeably on her face. "How did my magic feel, Slate?" The malice behind the comment was slight, but not very hard to miss. Especially for someone like the man, who was trained in all manors of subtle behaviors. The girl knew it wasn't the best way to start off the situation, but it felt amazing. Even if he denied using the letter's magic, she knew the truth. There was no way for Slate to have gotten here without it. Still...Alseia dropped the smile, and followed it up with a short nod towards him. It was meant to say, 'glad to see you', without actually coming close to saying it. Truly, no matter how despicable the man was, he was just as important as the Royal Scientist, and everyone else. That's why I did this to myself. It's for the good of the Empire. If nothing else, that was enough for the sorceress to get passed it all. Besides, emotions and feelings aside, they're all critical to the plan. Certainly, if things in the kingdom do fall apart as badly as it seems to be leaning towards, everyone was necessary to replace those that are to be lost.

As if on cue to continue the events, the person of most importance, and her equally critical partner, arrived to the set. "Princess Lily, nice to see you as always." Alseia wished to sound more gracious, but why bother with unessential shows of false feelings? Without a doubt, the Princess was a wonderful person. While her insistence on seeing, 'both sides', to magic and science, was fairly annoying...it wasn't the worse it could've been. Especially considering her father was equally as divided in his loyalties, it made sense that his daughter would as well. Ideological affiliations aside, Lily was a nice person, both on the surface, and deep down. For being a royal through, and through, she didn't retain the same regal bull that previous rulers insisted upon. A small part of the mage wished she had spent more getting to know her future Empress, before all this happened. But, that's what Jaeger was for, right? Out of everyone, he was the one Alseia didn't have many thoughts or feelings for. She barely knew him, beyond his name and general appearance. That, and his loyalty to the Princess has always been the talk of the servants. It was almost...cute, in a way. "Now that we're all here, I can explain a few things about all of this.

If there was anything to be truly grateful for, about such an upbringing as Alseia, it was the natural born confidence. With everyone staring to some extent at her, the girl didn't feel nervous in the slightest sense. Retrieving the carrying case from the pile of her bags, the sorceress promptly set it a foot away to clear some space. Flipping the latches open, let the case spring open slowly on it's own. Digging into it, she took out five small stones. They weren't any specific color, all of them being within a different spectrum from one another, making the only common link between them an oddly dull center. While the rest of the stones' surface was all kinds of color and patterns, part of it's core was nearly hallow, devoid of anything beyond a regular grey. While handing each person one of them, Alseia began explaining the idea behind all of this. "Allow me to skip the general conversation, if you would. You all know why we're here, to some extent. Until the situation in the kingdom calms from the breaking point, and is willing to hear us out, we need to leave. Of course, I can only imagine that the more fanatical thugs are laying in wait to ambush anyone trying to use the castle's many escape routes. Therefore," setting the last stone in her pocket, the mage walked back over to the case, "I thought of a much safer exit." Getting onto one knee to better reach inside, she set a number of items on the ground. Satisfied with the emptiness of the case, she locked it closed once more. 

"This, is what I told you about in the letter." Extending a hand, Alseia gestured around the cavern, ending on the tree. "The Magisch Observatorium served as the Empire's greatest mode of transportation, assuming you were desperate enough to require it's services. It still works, only with far less death traps to protect it's existence." According to the Royal Archives, the entire cave system was once chock full of traps and monsters to slow down, and prevent anyone from reaching this golden center. Overtime though, they were set off, slain, or otherwise. "Don't worry if you've never heard of it, few have." Another item, a similar type of stone to the others, was now safely in the ginger hands of the girl. Stopping her explanation for a moment, she carefully walked over to the tree, as if the stone might shatter with a mere gust of wind. A single knot in the bark, allowed for the stone to be perfectly set into it's base. Knowing it wouldn't fall out, Alseia quickly retreated back to the other supplies. Taking a small breath of relief, she continued, "I won't bother you with the details, but the point is, it can randomly teleport us somewhere. I can't lie, it is a risk. For all I know, it might bring us right back up into the castle, or worse...but, the chances are terribly low. More likely, we end up in another kingdom altogether." Scooping up the final item, an aged scroll, the mage looked Lily in the eye. "From there, we can all take a moment of peace. Figure out how to save this Empire from itself.

Unraveling the parchment, Alseia spared no time for questions. "Göttlicher Baum, umarme uns. Lassen Sie uns durch Ihr Portal, und retten Sie uns von unserer sterblichen Mühe!" Without a second of reprieve, the stone in the tree began shining brightly. At first, it radiated several colors, but they began blending together till it was as white as the tree itself. In return, all of the stones the sorceress gave to everyone replicated the effect. Shockingly though, even to the girl who started this all, the light transferred from the stone, to her hand. Which from there, moved all through her body till it reached her heart. Even to her, the feeling was nothing but pain. The magic being so intense and active, it left scorching marks from where it traveled. The mage wanted to yell out, to insure it was working properly. However, even she wasn't too sure this was supposed to happen. None of the archives mentioned anything like this. Tensing through the pain, she tried to merely out live it, but it seemed to last forever. Searing, horrible pain, like her flesh was melting inside, as if her heart might explode right out of her chest. But then...as if it never happened, the feeling was gone. Alseia assumed she passed out, because when she opened her eyes, everything had changed. Instead of the damp underground cavern, it was a field of grass rolling across a silent hillside. Instead of the feeling of pure pain, now only her heart raced from the intensity of it all. Taking rapid looks around her body, there were no burn marks. "Well...damn that hurt." Everyone else was with her, seemingly also waking up. Their stones, including her own, were gone. It...it worked. It actually worked! Feeling extremely proud of herself, Alseia rocketed to her feet in excitement. Letting out a short burst of laughter, the sorceress thought all of the pain was worth it for this moment. "Welcome everyone, to a place called, 'Freedom'."  

[Tagged - @Pyosimros@Huntrey@AnimeGenork]

@import url('https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Raleway');
@import url('https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Cinzel+Decorative');

.blythebackground {
background-color: ghostwhite;
width: 60%;
height: 440px;
padding: 5px;
max-width: 450px;
min-width: 350px;
display: inline-block;
}

.blytheborder {
border: 3px solid #88556d;
padding: 10px;
max-height: 430px;
}

.blythetext {
overflow: scroll;
height: 270px;
}

.blythetitle {
font-family: 'Cinzel Decorative';
font-size: 38px;
height: 60px;
}

.blythetags {
}

.blythetext::-webkit-scrollbar {
display: none;
}

hr.heading {
border-top: 1px solid black;
max-width: 375px;
}

.blytheCSLink {
color: #ff648d;
font-family: 'Raleway';
}

Blyth e Ayers

"I don't suppose you used the magic?"

Blythe's eyes fluttered for a few moments, processing the words that'd come from the sorceress's mouth. His eyes narrowed slightly towards the girl; from a upbeat attitude, he suddenly turned to a serious one - her acute grin doing naught to help this situation. I've fallen deep into Alseia's trap and I didn't even notice, the boy thought, his tail suddenly freezing before drooping down towards the ground. Each passing second seemed to only add to the increasing tension between the two - the only thing stopping it was Alseia's answer towards Blythe's final words.

"Yes, I have I suppose. You, ah...have as well."

The tension seemed to slowly drop from there. Blythe's tail perked slightly towards the answer, glad he wasn't given more time to answer her question. The boy responded with a simple nod, focusing on the footsteps he had suddenly heard from behind himself.

Turning around, in front of him stood a familiar face. Blythe had not known the man personally, yet through illustrations his face was a rather memorable one. In response to the man's sudden appearance, Blythe idly took out his camera and merely out of instinct, a clicking noise proceeding later and a white sheet of paper popping from his camera. Reaching his hand below to grip the sheet, Blythe brought it closer to his face in order to inspect it.

"NAME: Slate Nochfolger

CURRENT MOOD: Calm; mild discomfort

LATEST EVENTS: [Insufficient photograph]

THOUGHTS: [Insufficient photograph]

DISLIKES: Magic, family, spicy food"

Blythe's eyes narrowed towards the words, signs of minor discontent shown throughout his face. The lighting in this cave yielded terrible results for the boy; it fed only facts Blythe mostly knew, or they were rather irrelevant towards the situation. Paying more attention towards the sheet of paper than the individuals in front of him, he looked upwards to find Slate in the same situation Blythe once was in - only this time Alseia possessed a full smile. While Blythe was often known as a cheery optimist, in times such as these he had wished events could have gone differently.

Crumpling the paper in his possession and stuffing it deep within his pockets, almost as if on cue two new allies had arrived: Princess Lily and a man who is presumably a bodyguard. Alseia, seeing this, engaged in minor greeting with the woman and her accomplice while Blythe shot the two with a warming smile.

"Now that we're all here, I can explain a few things about all of this." 

~

"Alseia, I don't really-"

"Göttlicher Baum, umarme uns. Lassen Sie uns durch Ihr Portal, und retten Sie uns von unserer sterblichen Mühe!"

"We could've solved this without all the meaningless chanting," Blythe whispered to himself, holding the stone he was previously given as far away from his body as he possibly could. The action, while an unintended side-effect, seemed to prolong his pain compared to everyone else. The light began on Blythe's hand, giving him eyes of utter surprise. Before he could protest, his entire arm suddenly lit up; the pain now becoming apparent. Shouldn't've trusted her!!! he screamed internally. His life at this moment was about the end, all for the sake of putting a tiny amount of faith in pseudo-science. His body kept lighting up - even with Blythe's thick layers of clothing, the light was clearly visible. He closed his eyes; prepared to open them and appear as a ghost, reincarnated individual, or anything else, but when he opened his eyes, he saw a rather different sight.

Zzzrrmmm.

The first sounds he heard were not from the magic itself, but from his prosthetic ears and tail. While the rest of Blythe's tech remained intact, sadly pseudo body parts did not. They felt extremely hot - some sort of reaction occurring during the transportation process. Slipping them off and throwing them to the ground, they seemed rather fine from the exterior. Blythe picked up his ears, looking towards them with sad eyes.

"Missing the tools to fix it again," he mumbled in a melancholic tone, moving his shoulders in a way that his bag would drop from his shoulders. The next few moments were devoted to stuffing his fake body parts into his bag - barely being able to salvage enough room for such objects. All the while Blythe attempted to brighten up his mood. Starting from a fake smile, he mentally urged himself into a happy state of mind before settling for a half-smile. Alseia, on the other hand, seemed more positive than Blythe. She looked to be laughing and having a good time, and despite Blythe's discontent with the girl, her happy mood was rather contagious.

"Welcome everyone, to a place called, 'Freedom'."  

"Feels nice," Blythe responded with a tone of accidental aloofness. Finished with his packing, he quickly fastened his bag and looked towards the landscape in front of him.

"Wow. I've never seen a field like this in a while," he smiled, his previous aloofness more than gone. Blythe's head then suddenly turned towards the group in slight worry, opening his mouth to ask something.

"Are the rest of you okay!?"

(Tags because they won't fit in my code - @TheGossipLink @AnimeGenork @Huntrey)

MENTIONS - (In post) || LOCATION - Unknown Field

CS Link

Slate Nochfolger

-Magisch Observatorium-

Slate stood in the cavern silently for a few moments, holding his tongue due to the many discomforts around him. The people, the place, the atmosphere all made his blood boil and put him on edge; as if this room was deciding his fate for many things without his consent. In the moments he did stand there, Slate studied the two. First was the one he was less interested in, Blythe Ayers, the Royal Scientist's Apprentice. The man was a talented inventor and perhaps someone Slate would invest in as a business 'partner', but Slate was not fond of his nightly activities. Despite his royal job, Blythe enjoyed working alongside the guard to investigate crimes; a job meant for a man and instead passed along to a child, something Slate found impudent. Beyond his scientific scope and detective activities, Slate knew only a few other details such as his history and gossip roaming about him. Though his emotions for Blythe were nothing compared to his feelings for the magical elephant in the room.

"How did my magic feel, Slate?"

The girl's voice made Slate's body tense with anger, "I did not use your disdainful magic, I would never use such a useless tool.", it was a lie, but Slate would never be truthful about using magic. At first Slate was ready to use this escape to benefit himself and flee the kingdom, however the idea of being in a room with Alseia any longer was giving him the thought that death by mob was a better way to spend his time. Slate clenched his fist just in time to meet eyes with Alseia's nod, spitting on the ground in response to her. I am trusting this arrogant, insolent, spoiled brat with my life? Slate looked back at the entrance puzzling, weighing his options of escaping the castle on his own. The idea of leaving the castle on his own terms nearly won, but the next two to arrive cemented his decision to press on; despite the present and disgusting company.

Princess Lily... If there was anyone Slate doubted more than Alseia, it was the Princess. The girl was a child attempting to fit in shoes that she could never live up to, at least not yet. Slate recognized potential, gave credit where it was deserved, but the girl had shown nothing to the kingdom that could yield a reward to character. Instead the girl was only known for being impartial and compassionate, something that could be easily misunderstood as a child's demeanor. This was enforced by the man she willingly stood behind, her personal guard, Jaeger Soule. The man never left her side, and while this was admirable to the man's dedication to the position, Slate found the need for a royal security blanket laughable. This is the girl who will rule the Empire, and she is nothing more than a child. Slate thought nothing of the girl, but it was easy to hide this. Slate lowered the tension in his body from the discomfort in the room, instead smiling softly at the young girl's approach. Even if just a child, Slate could find a way to make a friend of her; and with it lead his name to further glory. 

Once the room had been filled with all of the participants in the journey, Alseia began her speech of nonsense. Slate didn't listen to her jabbering, focusing on his own thoughts. The Lord understood why they were leaving, although Slate thought of a few other less complicated and less magical ways, he didn't care much about the process upon which they completed their escape. Taking the stone from Alseia, Slate laughed at the supposedly magical means of travel. Slate didn't doubt magic truly, but did doubt the woman performing it, "We are going to travel with this pebble? Your master must be more insane than people believe him to be, if he taught you something as ridiculous as this." Slate rolled his eyes, speaking loud enough to hear even over Alseia's gibberish. 

Dismissive and uncooperative, Slate's mind was elsewhere during the entire magical process. The only feeling that brought Slate back to reality was the searing pain growing from his body, all radiating from the stone. Slate wanted to let go, but his hand seemed to tense around the rock as if it was attached to it. Let go of the rock, move, yell, do something! Slate realized he was helpless to the spell, If I make it through this pain I will have more than a few harsh words to give Alseia. The pain, anger, and frustration were the only thing flowing through Slate as it felt his blood and muscles were at a standstill to further hurt his body, but in an instant it was all gone. 

Slate opened his eyes, seeing the sky above him stare right back. Realizing that he had control of his body again, Slate sat up with intensity and his eyes darted looking for any clue to their location. From what he could tell they were on a lush green hillside, but the area around them was rural without a doubt. No sounds of the city, no cries of the paupers, just silence. The silence calmed Slate for a moment, reminding him of the gardens he was fond of; until he remembered why he was here. Slate looked to Alseia, dropping his regal manners and articulation, "You think that you can just transport me without even a small warning, anything!?" Slate stood up, eyeing Alseia with a glare. 

Slate's hands tensed around his bag of possessions, needing something to occupy his hands lest he resort to violence. Taking his eyes off Alseia for a moment, Slate noted where they were. A lush hillside, open fields, little civilization, it was ideal to hide from mobs. Silently Slate thanked some god, but wouldn't admit to himself that it was Alseia's doing. The nature reminded him of his time in gardens with his mother and his mood was docile for a moment, only lasting long enough for his thoughts to come back to his company. Slate's eyes once again rested on Alseia, awaiting some sort of explanation or apology.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaeger Soule

-Magisch Observatorium-

Jaeger approached the cavern of the Magisch Observatorium cautiously, slowly making his way to the water's edge. In front of him was the Princess, leading him down the many winding paths and caves with their magical map. Jaeger allowed her to lead for he wouldn't never leave her, and thus she had no worry of his whereabouts. That being said, it was strange when Lily stopped at the water to allow Jaeger to stand next to her. At first the moment was tense, the moment before heading to the tree and to whatever escape Alseia had planned; it was surreal on one end to leave behind the kingdom, but it also put forth many new challenges for Jaeger to protect Lily. 

Jaeger looked down at Lily in time to see her grab his sleeve in hesitation, and Jaeger replied with a gesture of his own. Placing his hand on her back, Jaeger lightly pushed her towards the tree with her soon-to-be companions. This small gesture, Jaeger placing his hand on her back before following her, was well versed between the two. This movement was used in everything that Lily felt anxious for; from dignitary meetings, dinners with foreign rulers to wedding ceremonies, and funerals. Jaeger would do this to reassure Lily of his presence, always behind her physically and emotionally. With this Jaeger whispered to her in a soothing tone, "I'm behind you Princess, don't be afraid.". With this Jaeger followed her to the tree. 

The three people waiting under the magic tree caused different thoughts to circle Jaeger, but didn't slow his stride behidn the Princess. Alseia and Blythe were two Jaeger expected to see, although it was unexpected how civil they seem to be acting, but Slate made Jaeger ball his fist. Of all the people to bring along, I could have picked hundreds of better applicants. Jaeger looked the man up and down, noting his change to inconspicuous clothing, but still holding all of the regal stature as if wearing one. The man was intimidating, charming, and enchanting all at once, but Jaeger was as well; and the royal guard recognized their clash was bound to happen. 

Jaeger continued to think of his companions as Alseia welcomed and began explaining her magic. Alseia; intelligent, arrogant, and known to hold hatred for science. Blythe; naive, young, and known to hold hatred for magic. Not to mention the Nochfolger drama between the two siblings, what was Alseia thinking when inviting these two? Jaeger wouldn't show it, but he was chuckling to himself. The people around him already held many grievances against each other and it seemed to show in the tension most held in their appearance. Despite the worries Jaeger had, he was still calm even when taking the strange colored stone from Alseia.

The magical words hit Jaeger's ears, making him focus on the actions in front of him, but still not understanding what was happening. Jaeger felt the pain rush from his hands and through his body. The pain was something the abused, beaten, and broken man had ever felt; a mix between electrocution and poison. This pain was nothing compared to watching Lily facing the same thing he was. Jaeger attempted to move to her, take the stone, but the instant he was too tense to move and the next he was waking up to the laughing of Alseia. 

Throwing his body upwards with force of purpose, Jaeger looked to find Lily with swiftness. While Slate reprimanded the ecstatic Alseia and Blythe, Jaeger gently jostled Lily. "Princess, are you okay?" Jaeger picked Lily up softly, eyes caring and arms cradling.

Princess Lily

Jaeger's reassuring hand at her back briefly erased Lily's panic, and she stepped forward after taking a deep breath. She was beyond glad he was here; without him, she probably wouldn't have had the courage to come here at all. At Alseia's polite greeting, she dipped her head slightly, as was expected. Lily and Jaeger were the last of the small group to arrive, which did little to ease her anxiety, though the smile she received from Blythe Ayers, the Scientist's Apprentice, was very welcome. Lily responded with a kind smile of her own, the one that usually assured her subjects that she did indeed care for them, and wanted to do right by them.

The presence of Slate Nochfolger unnerved her, however. Something about him had always made her wary whenever she was around him, and she wasn't about to let down her guard. Having dealt with both pompous aristocrats and sincere peasantry, she knew a fake smile when she saw one. And the one he was giving her was most definitely fake. She'd bet her life that at the end of the day, he saw her as nothing more than a means of climbing the social ladder. No matter. He was Alseia's brother, not to mention a highly respected noble. She surely had a reason for calling him here.

Listening closely to Alseia's explanation of the Magisch Observatorium, Lily took a moment to glance around. Her father had told her only vaguely of the tunnel systems beneath the castle, but she had never had the chance to explore them herself. She was always being carted off to lessons on history, or the basics of magic and science that she needed to mediate between the two worlds. Free time was a luxury for her. With the disappearance of her father, she'd seen all too much of it.

Alseia handed her a colored stone, and she peered down curiously at it. The warning that followed with this small "gift" alarmed Lily, but she didn't let it show, instead stepping closer to Jaeger, possibly her only friend in this little group. If this was indeed to help save her kingdom, as Alseia said, then she was willing to take the risk. The sorceress's words flowed into her ears, an almost calming force in this cave of tension.

To say the least, she wasn't expecting the intense pain. She couldn't quite describe it, having never felt physical pain herself, except when coming down with an illness. Lily had only really ever experienced emotional pain, and, had it manifested itself, it would've most likely felt like this. Gritting her teeth, Lily resisted the urge to scream like a young girl, though she was one, and instead clenched the stone tighter as tears streamed down her face. Many people doubted her strength, and her readiness to rule the Empire. But she'd be damned if they would ever call her a crybaby.

For a while, she wasn't conscious of anything around her. Then, Jaeger's voice broke through the blackness, and she awoke cradled in his arms. His voice was urgent, concerned, and caring as always. Lily felt warmth enveloping her. As long as Jaeger was with her, she was safe. Opening her blue eyes, she gave him a soft smile. "Yes. I'm alright. In shock, maybe, but alright."

Turning to see Slate scolding the Apprentices, she rubbed her head, which still had a residual ache from the teleportation. "Slate, Alseia got us out of the castle. I believe she deserves some credit for that." Smiling at Alseia, she said, "Thank you, Alseia. No amount of gratitude can repay what you have done for me--for all of us--today." Looking around at her other companions, she put to words the question that must've been lingering in everyone's minds. "What are we going to do now?"

Last edited:

Alseia Nochfolger

-Unknown Field, on a hill side-

A moment of happiness, was truly only something that could last a few seconds in their current situation. Blythe was the first person other then Alseia, to react, prompting the girl to survey the rest of the group. Sadly moving her eyes away from the roving fields of brilliant grass and flowers, the mage instead investigated the boy. He no longer was wearing those mechanical monstrosities, but...while it would've seemed like an improvement, something about Blythe didn't look complete without them. Much like how certain politicians wear a particular hat or dress several times, establishing a certain look for themselves. Even still, it was better this way. Prosthetics only draw attention, especially those as unique as the Royal Scientist's. The boy's sudden question urged the girl to check on the others as well, once more dividing her attention. A sudden wave of nausea, however, quickly settled in, forcing the sorceress to stumble, almost falling from the dizziness. Only now, had she realized that her magic was utterly depleted, resulting in several drawbacks all at once. The biggest issue though, was the lack of nearby aura. Without being able to connect with the world around her magically, most of her bearings were gone. Instead of being able to notice nearly every details of her companions without direct eye contact, her awareness was restricted to that of her own natural limits.

Trying hard not to fall unconscious, Alseia gently sat down, attempting to ground her spinning mind. Fumbling her fingers along the grass, and shutting off everything but that singular feeling, slowly helped the mage overcome it. The thudding in her skull was slowly, but surely, calming itself down. However, it came back nearly full force with the senseless yelling of the aristocrat. How come I didn't warn you!? Was the response she screamed in her head, but the girl's tongue faltered in it's deliverance. Grabbing a fistful of the lush grass, Alseia had to resist the desire to launch a fire ball straight into her brother's face for his ignorance. Taking a deep breath, the sorceress finally found a tiny spark in her network. A small little semblance of magic nearby, pinging like a sonar, bouncing off against the girl's fair skin. Soon, another nod opened up, connecting Alseia to them, spreading her vision. Just as fast as the other two appeared, five more replaced the emptiness. Eventually, a flood of magic poured into this empty space, filling it up entirely. While it took several long, silent moments, the girl finally managed to connect with it. The pain and dizziness faded away rapidly, leaving her sighing with relief. Deciding it was safe, she opened her eyes once more to the world. But now, her sense went far beyond the limited sight of before.

Looking over at Slate, the girl found him staring rather intently at her. His previous remark replayed in her mind, giving the mage a sudden fire. Getting up from the ground, she opened her mouth to let loose a few particular and choice words, but just before she had the chance, Lily spoke up instead. The Princess's kind words took Alseia by surprise. Growing a little blush from the praise, she shook it off, instead pulling off a big smile. I'm glad at least one person here is sensible enough to appreciate what I did. Even still, the situation wasn't resolved entirely. Returning her gaze to her brother, the mage attempted to stay as neutral as possible, "I explained everything I did, in plenty time before I acted upon it. Don't be upset with me, simple because you were too arrogant to listen." Satisfied, Alseia stood just a little taller. After all, it's not everyday you get to say something of such a nature to a noble, right? I do wonder exactly why I saved you...perhaps my subconscious knows more then I do at the moment? Shaking off the thoughts, instead the mage resumed the inquiry from before. A question Lily proposed, which was certainly the biggest question currently. "I suggest we establish precisely where we are. I would send out some familiars, or try connecting a few nearby Reality Curves...but my magic is rather spent, right now." It was everything the sorceress had to purely keep her aura active, let alone try dabbling in using it. The other's would have to step up and use their own skills, despite Alseia not being found of the idea. Her magic would easily answer the many questions that were still looming, but...no sense killing herself over it.

[Tagged - @Huntrey@Pyosimros@AnimeGenork]

Princess Lily

Gently pushing Jaeger away, Lily made to stand, but fell back instead. Blinking, she held back a giggle, amused in spite of herself. She pushed herself into a crouch and finally stood, her knees wobbling. It seemed the transportation had weakened her physically, but emotionally, she felt like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders. Lily overheard Alseia's retort to Slate scolding and had to bite her lip to refrain from smiling. Her own misgivings about Slate translated into amusement at him being scolded by his sister.

Clearing her throat to dispel her brief mirth, she brushed off the skirt of her dress as a force of habit. Pausing, she blinked, wondering if that action was necessary. It's not like she had to look presentable for any specific purpose now. Her hands awkwardly curled into tiny and nonthreatening fists, that she brought up to her chest. Her eyes were unfocused and confused as she looked at Alseia again, but she rectified that with a few blinks.

Lily politely listened to Alseia's suggestion and nodded in agreement. Stepping closer to the other girl, she put a hand on her shoulder kindly. "You've done plenty for us already, Alseia. You should rest." She smiled at the Royal Sorcerer's Apprentice before turning to Slate and Blythe. "To figure out exactly where we are, we'd need to find a nearby town or city. There, we can get our bearings. But we should rest here for the night, so as not to draw suspicion."

Glancing briefly at Jaeger, Lily turned back to the group. "I'm afraid I'd be too recognizable. Would any of you be willing to go find a nearby town and find out exactly where we are?" What she said was true; even with her plain dress, she still radiated a regal air. That would be too conspicuous in a city. She could only hope she'd be able to hide it as time went on.

@TheGossipLink @Pyosimros @Huntrey
(Sorry it's shorter than my usual. >-> )

Last edited:
INFORMATION
TAGS || Hibiscus Hibiscus , GossipLink GossipLink , AnimeGenork AnimeGenork
LOCATION || Plains
MOOD || Embarrassed

As if on queue, the situation seemed to go slightly awry after Blythe's question.

Alseia and Lily seemed to be negatively affected the most by the teleportation - one worse than the other. Turning to Lily first, Blythe took note of Jaeger's current assistance and chose to help the other tired individual: Alseia. Blythe moved in a 180 towards Alseia, stopping abruptly at roughly three feet between them.

"Alseia~...? Are you doing fine over there?" he hummed, a tone that nearly gave the wrong impression that the boy was teasing her. Blythe narrowed his eyes worryingly towards the woman, questioning to himself if she needed more than an "are you ok". Alseia had a dazed and burnt-out aura to her, almost as if she could have passed out without a moment's notice. Yet, as quickly as Blythe's worries came, they dissipated just as quickly.

Alseia suddenly had shown some - albeit not with the preferred set of emotions - signs of life. The first were the angry grasps towards the grass. Blythe had first believed these angry signs were directed to himself, forcing him to step five step backwards as a precautionary move. The next actions Alseia took were standing upwards and facing his brother - initially angrily, yet after Lily's words, she seemed to calm instantly.

Blythe let loose a short sigh, deciding to ignore the sibling drama for a few short moments. He had expected Alseia to prop up quickly to attack Blythe (though he hadn't an idea of what would've even caused such a potential strike), though as he realized he had no involvement in her mood, he felt as if he avoided a catastrophe. With that worry gone, Blythe looked over to Lily, who seemed to be faring as well as Alseia (physically).

"To figure out exactly where we are, we'd need to find a nearby town or city. There, we can get our bearings. But we should rest here for the night, so as not to draw suspicion."

"Duly noted. Maybe we can buy some good food there too," he responded, smiling slightly towards the end of his words.

"I'm afraid I'd be too recognizable. Would any of you be willing to go find a nearby town and find out exactly where we are?"

"Ah, no need!" Blythe began cheerfully, producing his camera from his bag. "With just a press of a button I'll find where we are~! No magic needed, just need a good picture..."

He felt as if he were finally showing his worth to this group. With a giant grin (with slight bits of smugness towards Alseia), he brought the camera to his face and pressed a button. The button, however, produced a different set of further actions than Blythe was used to - bringing a confused look to his face. There was no satisfying click noise, nor did a small piece of paper come out. Instead a small spark was produced - small enough to not injure Blythe physically, yet big enough to hurt his pride.

"Ow!" he exclaimed, gritting his teeth and he scrambled to stuff his camera back into his bag to avoid further embarrassment. After Blythe's little fiasco was finished, he hung his head downwards and moved his body towards Lily once again.

"I'll...I'll go to the town..."

qoXtbUB.png
As if on queue, the situation seemed to go slightly awry after Blythe's question.

Alseia and Lily seemed to be negatively affected the most by the teleportation - one worse than the other. Turning to Lily first, Blythe took note of Jaeger's current assistance and chose to help the other tired individual: Alseia. Blythe moved in a 180 towards Alseia, stopping abruptly at roughly three feet between them.

"Alseia~...? Are you doing fine over there?" he hummed, a tone that nearly gave the wrong impression that the boy was teasing her. Blythe narrowed his eyes worryingly towards the woman, questioning to himself if she needed more than an "are you ok". Alseia had a dazed and burnt-out aura to her, almost as if she could have passed out without a moment's notice. Yet, as quickly as Blythe's worries came, they dissipated just as quickly.

Alseia suddenly had shown some - albeit not with the preferred set of emotions - signs of life. The first were the angry grasps towards the grass. Blythe had first believed these angry signs were directed to himself, forcing him to step five step backwards as a precautionary move. The next actions Alseia took were standing upwards and facing his brother - initially angrily, yet after Lily's words, she seemed to calm instantly.

Blythe let loose a short sigh, deciding to ignore the sibling drama for a few short moments. He had expected Alseia to prop up quickly to attack Blythe (though he hadn't an idea of what would've even caused such a potential strike), though as he realized he had no involvement in her mood, he felt as if he avoided a catastrophe. With that worry gone, Blythe looked over to Lily, who seemed to be faring as well as Alseia (physically).

"To figure out exactly where we are, we'd need to find a nearby town or city. There, we can get our bearings. But we should rest here for the night, so as not to draw suspicion."

"Duly noted. Maybe we can buy some good food there too," he responded, smiling slightly towards the end of his words.

"I'm afraid I'd be too recognizable. Would any of you be willing to go find a nearby town and find out exactly where we are?"

"Ah, no need!" Blythe began cheerfully, producing his camera from his bag. "With just a press of a button I'll find where we are~! No magic needed, just need a good picture..."

He felt as if he were finally showing his worth to this group. With a giant grin (with slight bits of smugness towards Alseia), he brought the camera to his face and pressed a button. The button, however, produced a different set of further actions than Blythe was used to - bringing a confused look to his face. There was no satisfying click noise, nor did a small piece of paper come out. Instead a small spark was produced - small enough to not injure Blythe physically, yet big enough to hurt his pride.

"Ow!" he exclaimed, gritting his teeth and he scrambled to stuff his camera back into his bag to avoid further embarrassment. After Blythe's little fiasco was finished, he hung his head downwards and moved his body towards Lily once again.

"I'll...I'll go to the town..."

Jaeger Soule

-Some Hill-

The squabble beside Jaeger was of known concern, the sibling rivalry nothing more then two children who were arguing to the man. It wasn't until the Princess opened her eyes, smiling at Jaeger, that he concerned himself with the conflict around him. However, before the guard could bring some order to the group; it was the soft spoken Lily. It was surprising on one hand to see her stand up for Alseia, but noting that it was compassion that drove her and not authority made it clearer to Jaeger.
Jaeger nodded to Alseia with the Princess' thanks, noting to thank her personally himself.

The question posed had already been processed through Jaeger's mind, and he took a moment to observe their surroundings. Although comfortable features including lush, rolling hills and a blissful silence, it didn't help with clarification on their whereabouts. Jaeger stopped his observation to watch Lily leave his arms, only to catch her once again as she fell. Allowing her on her knees, Jaeger didn't bother her in the moment of happiness playing on her face. Albeit a victory in their favor, he knew that this was the first step in a long journey and wanted to remind her, but allowed the Princess the pleasure before reality sunk back in.

Once again Lily took the reins, either out of necessity or duty, but handled it with grace. Jaeger listened to her intently, and spoke up at the suggestion.
"I shall stay here, my efforts would be best at our campsite." Jaeger gave a generic answer, not untruthful, but also not complete. I do not know these people, and until I do, I stay by her side. His mind was made, a decision enforced by him beginning to unpack and inspect his equipment.

Jaeger peered up to see Blythe's attempt at a solution, but was relatively unimpressed at the small spark and anti-climatic ending. Even so, Jaeger was still impressed by his willingness to try and continue on to the town. This mental gratitude was not shared to the other member who agreed to go to town, knowing it was not for the benefit of the Princess, but for himself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Slate Nochfolger

-Some Hill-

Slate repeated the numbers many times in his head, breathing in and out with each new set of numbers. It was an attempt to calm down after lashing out, to return back to a presentable attitude, and to recede his anger before doing something brash. The pain of the magic teleportation was still affecting Slate, his chest rippling with pain and pulsing with what seemed to be pure anguish. Flinching ever so slightly with each new breath, Slate waited for a retort, but did not expect the source.

Gritting his teeth, Slate knew when to press on and when to save face.
"How correct you are, your majesty." Slate nodded his head in contemplation, straightening his head to return back to the regal composure and the majestic expression. "Only my appreciation supersedes my arrogance in that moment, but I prefer to believe that I was nervous more than unwilling to listen." Once again the man bit his cheek, began his breathing exercise, and calmed himself before continuing. Taking the time to listen to Alseia's gibberish, Slate internally rolled his eyes in distaste over the ideas of using magic to solve such a simple problem.

The Princess and Protector ruled themselves out immediately, Slate already understanding where the group was split. Jaeger and Lily, to a degree Alseia and Blythe, and by himself Slate. It was not unexpected, but Slate still found some new thoughts with this realization. Before Slate could attempt to put on his charm, Blythe halfheartedly tried to use once of his inventions to find their location, but only managed to cause the internal eye motion to roll on the surface.

"I'll go with you," Slate straightened his pack, looking back to the group with an expression that was meant to elicit sincerity and comfort. "Once we found a town, I'll know the general idea of where we are," Slate pitched his reason for going, thinking it better then a broken machine. "As well as I'll be able to get word of any happenings in the kingdom.". Taking a stand next to Blythe, Slate awaited orders from the majesty, although believing her word nothing more then a child playing army.
((Excuse me for the short post, more content to come with town and shelter building. Also, thank y'all for being patient with me. If there is anything I can do to repay you, please let me know. Side note, I've recently got back into drawing and was wondering if y'all would be cool with me drawing your characters and mine in some poses and situations? Would love some ideas if y'all have any and are cool with it.))
AnimeGenork AnimeGenork Pyosimros Pyosimros GossipLink GossipLink

Princess Lily

Lily found Blythe's comment about food rather amusing, and she nodded simply in agreement, her "princess face" melting into one of plain kindness, an expression that the public rarely ever saw from her. Out of all of them gathered there, only Jaeger had possibly ever seen her smile like this. That thought alone made her smile widen the tiniest bit, but it was so imperceptible that possibly no one else would notice it.

Her smile turned into a concerned frown as Blythe's gadget backfired. Had their teleportation somehow tampered with it? That was interesting. Lily may not have known much about magic and science and their effects on one another, but she believed both were essential to the survival of the world in their own ways. That was the stance of not only her family, but of Lily herself. Different factors contributed to a kingdom flourishing, and for this kingdom, those factors happened to be magic and science.

"Thank you, Blythe," she murmured, sending him a reassuring smile. She was sure that he'd be able to fix his gadget, given enough resources. For a while now she'd noticed how resourceful and productive he'd been as the Apprentice to the Royal Scientist. It was no hard feat, inventing the things he did. She rather admired his creativity. It was certainly more useful than whatever she did around the castle on a daily basis.

She couldn't quite put her finger on it, but she was extremely relieved that Jaeger decided to stay. Though she trusted Alseia and Blythe to an extent, no one held more trust from her than he did. Having him around calmed her anxiety and even boosted her confidence, which had significantly fallen ever since her father disappeared. As he began going through his things, Lily slowly made her way back to him and knelt on the grass beside him, her dress fanning out around her.

Hearing Slate agreeing to go with Blythe, she nodded up at him. "Anything you can glean from the town would be very useful. Thank you, Slate." Turning back to Alseia, she asked, "I still think you should rest after exerting yourself so much today, but if you want to go with them to town, that should be fine." With a small glance around the hill, she added, "We should be fine out here."

GossipLink GossipLink Pyosimros Pyosimros Hibiscus Hibiscus

Alseia Nochfolger
A gentle touch fluttered onto Alseia's shoulder, rapidly switching the girl's attention from her own thoughts, to the owner. Following it back to the Princess, the mage was surprised at the action. The younger woman's smile was genuine, and radiated with kindness. So much so, that the wizard couldn't help but reply in kind. "Thank you, I'll take that under advisement." Bowing out of the contact, Alseia let her gaze fall onto the distant horizon. If only we had the leisure to sit back and relax. Alas...I have a strong feeling we'll be missing that pleasure for quite awhile. Trying not to let the mood sour, the girl did her best to focus her intentions toward a solution. I knew the Magisch Observatorium would drain my mana, everything I read said so. Even still, none of them described such a massive loss. Tensing her fist, she vaguely caught something from Lily about heading to find a town. This place will be useless to me for a few hours. I should relocate soon. Making a mental checklist of the necessary steps for the group to take, the girl hoped that her mental fortitude would be enough to make up for the lack of other methods she could otherwise use. Shaking her head, the sorceress sent out one last signal. More nodes of mana were connecting, but not enough to use in anyway.

A sudden exclamation from Blythe snapped Alseia into the present, making her twist around to see the commotion. Right away, she figured he was safe. The contraption in his hands however, was not. Is that a camera? What was he even hoping to accomplish with it? It was clear the technology failed him, as the boy began shoving the device into his bag, looking rather dejected. A smug smile escaped the girl's lips, but she barely managed to keep from saying something vocally. Ah, to believe in science is folly! Thinking back to the detective's false body parts of metal that broke a few moments prior, was enough to crack a light giggle into the open. Even still, the mage didn't want to seem rude. They did need to travel together, after all. So, despite her inner wishes, Alseia twisted back around to the sprawling hillsides to cover up her mirth. Through her broken magical vision, the wizard could tell that Jaeger was moving to his bags, seemingly unphased by Blythe's blunder. While the Protector's reasoning on staying behind made logical sense, Alseia could tell there was more to his decision then met the eye. You certainly uphold your royal duties, don't you? Good. I'm glad to see the Princess has someone truly loyal in this party. Having a genuine protector was necessary, so to see that in action lifted a small bit of weight from the girl's shoulders. Especially since she herself, wasn't fully sure how she felt towards Lily yet. Well, I suppose I ought to remain here then. Assist with the construction efforts, as much as I can.

That's when Slate opened his mouth. Within less then a second, Alseia was eyeing the man down as he spoke. Tensing her body, the mage willed herself not to storm off, or worse, follow through with her internal fireball threat. His fake demeanor and words, were horribly apparent. Yet, it wasn't the sorceress' place to speak up. Though, he is the best for the sake of information gathering. Sadly, a snake is great at slithering in between conversations, as much as he is suited for striking when the timing is perfect. Yet, the thought of letting Slate and Blythe go together, without supervision, didn't agree with the mage. Lily spoke up from a position over by Jaeger, giving Alseia the call to action she needed. Nodding to the Princess, she nodded her head. "Yes, I will be heading with them. Besides, the Magisch Observatorium guarantees travel to a safe location. So I'm confident you two will be okay without us!" While some of the company, alongside the situation they were all in, wasn't the most comforting, magic was. Parting her attention to the other two, the wizard asked, "So, are you two ready to head out? Since we can't see a town from an eyes' glance, I bet we'll have a fair amount of space to cover."

They had been walking a solid hour and a half, when the first change in their scenery came about. The grasslands stretched for an infinity, and continued to do so both to the East and West. However, straight ahead, North lead into a forest. It was visible for a solid mile before they finally approached it, so Alseia had plenty of time to consider what direction they ought to proceed in. Till they stepped on the door step of this place though, the mage hadn't yet decided what to do. But now that they were here, a break in the trees was clear further towards the left. "Hey, let's see what this is." Without bothering to wait for a response, she walked over to it. Initially, it seemed like the break was accidental. But something about it felt purposeful. Electing to follow it, the girl headed in. After a couple minutes of treading over a few fallen oaks, passing a little stream, and climbing up a short cliff, a clear path was shown to them. Literally, as it was a gravel path. A brief overview showed it to be well traveled, finally offering signs of life. Happy that their efforts were producing fruit, Alseia trudged on with renewed hope.

__________________________​

Another hour passed, but the path proved successful. A little deviation to the main road led to one end of the forest. In the clearing, a great expanse of open land surrounded a giant lake. Several white-tipped mountains covered the left region, while huge dark pine trees descended from the sheer cliffs, bordering the lake. The the flip side, to the right, a good sized town sat in defiance of the large mountains. As the group set their eyes on the town, the last bit of travel was coming to an end. Even still, from the distance left, another thirty minutes passed till they truly set foot in the town. Once inside, Alseia noticed that most of the lumber was of the same dark trees. Yet, while that was clearly the main source of construction material, several other types of wood adorned the buildings. I don't remember seeing trees like these around... Delving deeper, it became clear why. A very wide river ran from the lake, through the middle of town, and seemingly out to open waters. At least, based on the combination of simplistic boats, and exotic watercraft. The diversity showed in more then just the architecture, though. The people were vastly unique, each person seemingly bearing a different style of clothes. Listening in to the murmuring of the crowds, it appeared a variety of languages were being spoken as well.

"Is this one of those towns that connect from the cost, to further inland?" While Alseia did ask the question aloud, it was more directed towards herself then anyone else. Wide eyed, the wizard was surprised to see so many sites. Sure, the Empire had a sizable amount of diversity in its cultures, but that was spread throughout a metropolis. This, was oddly condensed into one town. "I suppose we don't have to worry about being recognized here, huh?" Turning around to address them, she continued, "Well, let's split up. Cover more ground that way. I would suggest we each take a different goal, though. Blythe, if you could focus on collecting supplies for us, and Slate with collecting any useful information, I'll...ah...see what we can do here, I suppose. Sound good?"

After they all agreed on what to do, they each took their own direction. Alseia personally went to the left, following a fair-sized cobblestone road. I can't believe we're here. Somewhere so far from the Empire, from rules and...well, a mob seeking our lives. A fresh breath of air, was a serious understatement. The sorceress tried spotting specific opportunities that they might be able to exploit. After all, they only had whatever money they brought with them. And none of them had discussed finances yet, so at the present moment, it was a free for all. The girl personally only stuffed a small pouch of gold coins during her packing, and that was only enough to pay her way for a day or two. Double checking to ensure said pouch was still there, she was reassured with the sound of the coins clacking against one another. Having paid attention to noise however, another type of sound started filling the wizard's ears. The melody was pleasant, very beautiful. Yet, something about it wasn't quite normal. Is that...a hint of magic? Kicking a blast off her sonar, the girl felt a huge net of mana around the area. More then should be, even despite the sheer amount of people amassed.

A lot of mana was also being constantly expended, filtered, and reused to incredible affect. Those bits that weren't instantly recycled, carried light tones of a minor spell. There were no alarm bells ringing in Alseia's head, so she assumed the spell wasn't intended. Even still, it was enough to catch her focus a bit. Following both the song, and the particles of magic, led her to a street performed. The girl in question was playing off of tomes, producing what could be an enchanting message. Aw...I was hoping it was something more. Shaking her head, the mage passed it off. Sure, playing music of a tome is a neat trick. But, nothing even a novice couldn't do with the right book in hand. Well, I suppose this part of town has nothing for me. I'll move on to the next street. Besides, the part of town she had chosen had hardly any vendors, or really any business in general. A more residential part of the town. I hope the other two had better luck than I.

[Tagged - Hibiscus Hibiscus Pyosimros Pyosimros AnimeGenork AnimeGenork Rantos Rantos ]

DKqZvmv.png

| BLYTHE AYERS |
"I'll go with you."

The words beckoned Blythe towards the man, focusing any attention he had on his currently stowed away machinery onto Slate. He produced a half-hearted smile. Not out of hate or disdain, but Blythe's current emotional slump from a few seconds prior. "Thank you," he exhaled softly towards him. Blythe, noticing how Slate was now focused on Lily, began to copy the same action - shifting his body towards the princess.

The princess spoke of their next moves: visit the town as discussed prior, and procure any information that could be of use. A nod given to these orders, Blythe was already prepared to make the move - both mentally and physically. He would have tugged Slate to begin trudging onward, though the subject of if Alseia was in a condition to join the duo was brought up.

Blythe felt a weird mix between elation and disappointment when Alseia announced her accompaniment. Elation, from the extra help and manpower should something go awry, and disappointment from the potential bickering of the siblings he would have to endure through. With these both positive and negative thoughts, alongside Alseia's questioning of if the two were ready, the triplet set onward towards the unknown - prepared for something either good or bad.

--

An hour had past of the same dull landscape. Blythe had never disliked grasslands one bit, yet after this monotonous journey, he began to change his opinion. The blessing of the trek was a change in scenery: a forest. Blythe was overjoyed at the normally boring locale, preferring to see different types of animals and greens rather than the same blades of grass for another hour or so.

The triplet had also found a gravel pathway beginning from seemingly nowhere, a good sign as thought by Blythe. The village was perhaps closer than he had thought, and once there, he could (ideally) gather supplies for 'self-repair'.

--

The three of them soon found themselves within a town. It was rather expansive, wooden buildings and people from as far as the boy can see - almost as if Blythe made it to the poor man's version of his neighbourhood. "Well, let's split up. Cover more ground that way. I would suggest we each take a different goal, though. Blythe, if you could focus on collecting supplies for us, and Slate with collecting any useful information, I'll...ah...see what we can do here, I suppose. Sound good?" Alseia said.

Blythe was originally hesitant to accept these orders. I wanna boss her around one day... he solemnly thought. Though, her suggestion was valid and extremely reasonable, thus Blythe agreed with a simple, "Ok!"

Forcefully forgetting what Blythe had just thought, he happily waddled away towards the marketplace, turning around only to say, "Safe travels to the two of you."

Upon reaching what would be assumed to be the marketplace, Blythe was more than excited. Shops lined the streets selling all sorts of different items: bread, weapons, raw materials, manuals...anything he could possibly ask for. With only a sack of gold in his pocket, Blythe spent his money cautiously - buying necessities such as repair pieces, and a pouch filled with pure sugar. His spending continued, all with extremely muffled sounds of a drum being played from somewhere within the town.
TAGS - GossipLink GossipLink , AnimeGenork AnimeGenork , Hibiscus Hibiscus || LOCATION - Town

qoXtbUB.png

"I'll go with you."

The words beckoned Blythe towards the man, focusing any attention he had on his currently stowed away machinery onto Slate. He produced a half-hearted smile. Not out of hate or disdain, but Blythe's current emotional slump from a few seconds prior. "Thank you," he exhaled softly towards him. Blythe, noticing how Slate was now focused on Lily, began to copy the same action - shifting his body towards the princess.

The princess spoke of their next moves: visit the town as discussed prior, and procure any information that could be of use. A nod given to these orders, Blythe was already prepared to make the move - both mentally and physically. He would have tugged Slate to begin trudging onward, though the subject of if Alseia was in a condition to join the duo was brought up.

Blythe felt a weird mix between elation and disappointment when Alseia announced her accompaniment. Elation, from the extra help and manpower should something go awry, and disappointment from the potential bickering of the siblings he would have to endure through. With these both positive and negative thoughts, alongside Alseia's questioning of if the two were ready, the triplet set onward towards the unknown - prepared for something either good or bad.

--

An hour had past of the same dull landscape. Blythe had never disliked grasslands one bit, yet after this monotonous journey, he began to change his opinion. The blessing of the trek was a change in scenery: a forest. Blythe was overjoyed at the normally boring locale, preferring to see different types of animals and greens rather than the same blades of grass for another hour or so.

The triplet had also found a gravel pathway beginning from seemingly nowhere, a good sign as thought by Blythe. The village was perhaps closer than he had thought, and once there, he could (ideally) gather supplies for 'self-repair'.

--

The three of them soon found themselves within a town. It was rather expansive, wooden buildings and people from as far as the boy can see - almost as if Blythe made it to the poor man's version of his neighbourhood. "Well, let's split up. Cover more ground that way. I would suggest we each take a different goal, though. Blythe, if you could focus on collecting supplies for us, and Slate with collecting any useful information, I'll...ah...see what we can do here, I suppose. Sound good?" Alseia said.

Blythe was originally hesitant to accept these orders. I wanna boss her around one day... he solemnly thought. Though, her suggestion was valid and extremely reasonable, thus Blythe agreed with a simple, "Ok!"

Forcefully forgetting what Blythe had just thought, he happily waddled away towards the marketplace, turning around only to say, "Safe travels to the two of you."

Upon reaching what would be assumed to be the marketplace, Blythe was more than excited. Shops lined the streets selling all sorts of different items: bread, weapons, raw materials, manuals...anything he could possibly ask for. With only a sack of gold in his pocket, Blythe spent his money cautiously - buying necessities such as repair pieces, and a pouch filled with pure sugar. His spending continued, all with extremely muffled sounds of a drum being played from somewhere within the town.

Jaeger Soule

Not looking to see the nods of approval from the other members of their party, Jaeger focused on his task at hand. Unpacking the many supplies, including the extra clothes, equipment, weaponry, and rations. The one moment he did look up, Jaeger saw the smile on Lily's face. It was a relief, to see her be compassionate and to see the unique happiness she hid for so long. Inspecting the weather as the three began to leave the hillside, Jaeger concluded laying under the stars would make a fine shelter for the night. Jaeger found himself with company, her dress fanning out over Jaeger's legs.

When the others were out of earshot, Jaeger looked over at Lily. "How are you holding up?" The voice was calm, still within bearing from the stressful travel before. Standing up, Jaeger began unsheathing his swords, daggers, and even the spear that was folded up in four parts on his the small of his back. When all weapons were off of Jaeger, next came the extra pairs of clothes. Laying them out on top of the one bedroll he had packed, the extra shirt and jacket made it seem like a fairly comfortable bed; not to mention topped with the starlight to gaze upon.

After the bed was made, Jaeger began work on his weaponry, taking out the small grindstone and working on each blade with care. It was obvious Jaeger was losing himself in his work, attempting to bury himself in it. The stress internally, was easy to hide, but the tension in his muscles and facial expression showed how the trip was truly affecting him. Deep breaths and calm composure, Jaeger did his best to block out the worries that surrounded him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Slate Nochfolger

Once again Slate found himself bowing to the Princess's words, "I'll do everything I can.". Internally Slate was plotting, planning. The kingdom in crumbles, his name in danger, and now a journey that hinges upon a group of completely opposite people with varying goals working together, towards what? Slate wondered if he would have been better off staying in the palace, if they all would've been better off. At least there he could reclaim his manor, maybe with Lily gone he could've been the new king. Chuckling to himself, Slate gave his act only a short pause before returning to composure.

Slate rolled his shoulders back, returning to the task at the moment. A town nearby could be anything from an hour to several away, but Slate was confident in his abilities to find his way once he found a landmark besides the large expanse of grassland. The top of the hills, that rolled into the fields, maybe into a valley or a forest that held what would most likely be a small farming town or something of the life. It was almost pleasing to Slate, to imagine being in another small town. Nostalgia took over for a small moment, but was promptly ended by the same thing that concluded those happy emotions in Slate.

Alseia spoke up, causing a rush of disdain to flow through the lord. Deciding that another remark wasn't necessary, Slate turned his gaze towards their course and began walking with the three. A quiet hour, or maybe two, passed by as they found a path, then a forest, and a town eventually. It was strange, how the small town he envisioned turned into a sprawling coastal city. Slate was comforted in his past by cozy villages, but towns like this was where his abilities could shine.

The moment the group had entered the main gates, Alseia was already barking orders. While Blythe would calmly take the commands as a puppy would treats, Slate left as soon as he the girl began talking. Away from the kingdom, coastal city, easy area to make his name; he wouldn't have to worry about the journey if he stayed here. The idea was going through his mind as weaved and worked his way through streets to reach a fairly popular tavern. Outside was one of the central markets, complete with peddlers, preachers, and the same beat that was coursing through the town, all wanting to be heard. The music was beautiful and painful all at once, but Slate left it behind with the doors closed to the tavern behind him.

A few minutes within the building and Slate was a welcome body in the owner's home, with promise of more company and business. The town, the figures of power, fair vendors and where to watch your wallet, not to mention a map of the region. It seemed that the town was far enough away that news of the crumbling kingdom had not reached the port, and thus no one panicked in the merry hall.

"I thank you for allowing me in, with such open arms and good drink." Slate kindly shook the owner's hand, a bag around his shoulders of what he convinced the man to part with, "And believe me when I say if you move some of the performers outside, bring in the musician from outside, you'd surely bring in a more lively crowd; one more festive and fun, which means more willing to drink to excess." While the tone was friendly and kind, Slate's words were sincere to the owner. His handshake proved this, as he gripped Slate's with two grips and clasped as if he had the advice needed to find the holy grail; or something equivalent. "Safe travels to you, Lord Nochfolger, you're knowledge surpasses your age by centuries." Slate's grip hardened with the note about his age, but softened with a heavy breath. Once the exchange was over, Slate exited the tavern and headed down the streets towards the residential part of town.

Away from the tavern, with map in hand for the group and some food to boot, Slate wondered where the other two might be. He didn't wonder about if he was staying or not, subconsciously haggling enough food for the group had proved he wasn't sure of his options yet. Leaving the bustle of late night merry goers and those just off ships in the bustling market area, the allure of the music bringing Slate into a residential area with a woman and her drums. Having gotten what he needed, Slate leaned against an alleyway and studied the map with lamp light; enjoying the music as he waited and worked.
Pyosimros Pyosimros GossipLink GossipLink AnimeGenork AnimeGenork Rantos Rantos

Princess Lily

It seemed as if Alseia, Blythe, and Slate were all going to the town. It was just as well. Lily wasn’t sure if she’d have been able to carry on a conversation with any of the three by herself. At least she knew how to act around Jaeger. In this case, it was to be herself. For a little while, she wouldn’t have to act proper and princess-like, though it was her specialty.

As soon as the three left, Lily exhaled, allowing her shoulders to slump the slightest bit. She glanced over at Jaeger, noticing that her dress had managed to fan out over his legs as well. How did that happen? Had she really sat that close to him?

Then he spoke, and Lily jumped, startled. It was so rare that he spoke that she was shocked whenever he did. But his voice calmed her in a way that nobody else ever could. Looking up at him, she murmured, “I suppose I’m alright. Better now that I can’t hear the people screaming for my blood.” Her voice cracked at the last word, and she closed her eyes, suddenly reminded of her mother. Biting her lip, she held the memory of her mother’s death at bay, not wanting to have a mental breakdown so soon after leaving the palace.

Lily watched silently as Jaeger removed all his weapons and set up a single bedroll—was it for him? Or her? She couldn’t tell. She found she really wouldn’t mind sleeping on the ground, what with the beautiful scenery around them. As long as Jaeger was nearby, she’d be alright. She felt safe.

It wasn’t very hard for her to tell that Jaeger was worried. He was distracting himself by sharpening his blades. Lily frowned, worried. If he was worrying about her, then it was no wonder he wanted to escape his thoughts for a while. She wished she could have something so easily distracting as sharpening weapons.

Letting out a shaky breath, she wrapped her arms around one of his, clinging to him like a child would to a parent, or a sister to a brother. She rested her face against his arm, trying to hide her anxiety. Her grip on his arm tightened. “I’m scared, Jaeger. I’m so scared that they’ll find us, and they’ll kill me for a crime I didn’t commit.” Before she knew it, tears were rolling down her face. They were probably washing into his sleeve, but at the moment, she didn’t care. All that mattered was that he was here, and she was here, and it was just the two of them here right now.

“I won’t pretend I didn’t notice Slate’s expression earlier,” she choked out, her voice raspy. “How do we know he won’t turn against us and turn me in? I’ve never been so afraid in all my life, Jaeger,” she whispered, looking up into his face. “What do I do?”

GossipLink GossipLink Pyosimros Pyosimros Hibiscus Hibiscus Rantos Rantos

Lenka
Time to shine!
The drums went pumparum, percussive sound echoed throughout the town today too. Today was a slow day, just like everyday in this forgotten village, but Lenka liked it just the way it was. People would pass her by on the streets, she would drum to the beat of their steps. She sat against the wall hitting stick against tome, making song to accompany the varying tempos of those around her. The people in the town knew her, not by name but by profession. Some saw her music as nothing more then noise, a disturbance to the peace. Conversely many people liked Lenka's music, and they were the ones to pay for Lenka's lunch that day. Lenka considered herself a staving artist, she didn't play for the money anymore, but rather she played so other may feel the join which her music gives. That being said however...

Generous donations from her patrons were always appreciated.

Today was a slower day. Lenka had been working the streets from dawn, yet she had hardly any new funds to show for it. Were the people getting bored of her quote unquote sick beats? No. That was impossible as Lenka was constantly making new material, such is the beauty of improvisation. So why was Lenka making less? The bright red head thought and thought and thought but came up with nothing. Maybe if she had a song that made her smarter she could crack this case. It was unlikely that the problem was Lenka herself. She was a pefect player and her tunes are unparalleled. Maybe she was getting stale, maybe it was time to add a little pizzazz. After all she had magic drums, she could make buckets full of pizzazz. And the next sorry sap to walk past her was gonna get a face full of it.

Lenka continued playing while she waited for another person to walk by. Who was going to be the lucky winner of the Lenka pizzazz raffle? Lenka didn't have to wait long as soon her eyes met with the eyes of another. A young, supple, girl who was dress in peculiar robes and an impressive hat. The girl dared to gaze at Lenka for even a moment, and Lenka looked back. Target locked. A predatory smile grew as Lenka imagined all of the ways she could harass such a prime female. First she would start with the hat. A simple beat and the wind blew the girl's pointed hat right off her head and onto Lenka's head.

"You got a nice hat Missy. I hope you don't mind me borrowing it." With one hand Lenka then threw the hat back into the air, with her other hand she played another beat and this time the hat stayed suspended only a few yards off the ground. "But wait, hold your applause till the end Missy!" With a quick flourish of her stick and a tempo shift the hat began to spin and spin and spin. Faster and faster, so fast it began to create a whirring sound that all those close could hear. "But wait, the finally is just about to start!" Lenka then began using both her hands to drum her final song. There was nothing too impressive about it at first, the hat simply fell back onto Lenka's head. The drummer stayed silent and intently watched the lower half of the robed girl, occasionally nodding her head.

"Light purple... nice, nice."

When the mage girl would look down she would find her robes lifted, exposing her bare legs and undergarment to the world. The robes seemed to stay suspended by themselves but refused to go down, denying the girl the chance to pull them down. Lenka got an eyeful, stoically gazing upon the majesty that were this woman's pure legs. What may have been stranger then Lenka's fixation on the stranger was the fact that no one else who walked by seemed to be remotely interested, not a single person stopped to watch or even give a passing glance.

"Don't worry about the others, we're invisible to them. Although technically we're not actually invisible but rather their gazes are repelled from you. It would take a lot of focus for them to actually see you honey, so don't worry. Those legs are for my eyes only. So what's your name Missy? Mine's Lenka, I take payment in the form of money or lavender colored undergarments. I would rather the latter, but you can pick which." It was clear that Lenka had no intent to stop her song unless forced to, if her arms would allow it Lenka would keep it going forever as this was a scene she would never tire of.

GossipLink GossipLink Pyosimros Pyosimros AnimeGenork AnimeGenork Hibiscus Hibiscus

Alseia Nochfolger
The mage began heading out of the square, planning to move into a more populated area of the town. After all, how would one collect information, without people to speak to? As she was nearing the center of the circle, something made her stop. Like a chill breeze, goosebumps ran along her spine, down her legs. Lightning cracking, snapping Alseia's attention from the real world, into another realm. The mana had already been going wild, due to the performer's instruments. Yet, this was different. Unlike before, the energy wasn't being used up. It had been constantly recycling, therefore renewing itself effectively. Now however...She is using a spell. Just as the realization fluttered across the wizard's mind, a true gust of wind swept past, lifting her hat away. Knowing instantly why, she didn't bother to chase after it, and instead followed it's midair dance back to the performer. The other girl adorned a cocky grin, tip tapping away at her drums, red hair lightly bouncing with each movement. Unlike her though, Alseia's lip dipped into a small frown. Shame she'd resort to further party tricks. While contemplating if it was worth leaving the old hat, another burst of magic rushed into the area.

The performer tossed the hat into the air, picking up the rhythm with her free hand, casting off another mild spell to allow it to persist suspended. Frown growing, the sorceress spoke up, "Could you please stop these foolish tri-", but shut her mouth tight. The red head began playing wildly, rapidly increasing the tempo. To most, it would mean nothing. Even others skilled in magic. But Alseia was different, she could feel what others' couldn't. Every ounce of mana in the square began swirling around the area like a vortex, madly at first. However, as the rampant song continued, the tornado of magic slowly manifested into a controlled form, encircling the pair very closely. This...is an aversion spell. But why...? That's when the mage noticed the huge grin nicely settled upon the red head. She tried sending out a sonar to survey the scene, not wishing to take her eyes off of the other girl. Yet, with so much magic flooding around her, the signal that came back was terribly distorted and confusing. Inwardly scolding herself for even bothering with such a move, the wizard tried her best to feel for any noticeable change in the immediate area. But before she got very far, a single comment from the performer was enough.

Looking down, Alseia realized what had been happening. So that's why you used an aversion spell. A bright red blush formed on the girl's cheeks. Not because of her freely showing undergarments, but rather, because she was bested so easily. I should've never...ever...underestimated her. Twisting her head to the side, an audible crack rang out. The performer, Lenka as she introduced herself, had screwed with the wrong person. "I'm aware of your aversion spell, yes." An intense burning feeling swelled inside the mage, the blush now fading. "Lenka, my poor little child. You won't be getting paid anything today. However, I will more then gladly give you a lesson in real magic." The burn changed into a dull ember, as Alseia calmed mind. "For you see, I am no damsel." Trying to draw on the available mana, it refused to budge. The vortex of the spell Lenka established was strong, and it kept the girl from using anything for herself. A vein in her eyebrow twitching, the sorceress finally had enough. "I am Alseia Nochfolger, the best damn Sorceress you've ever laid your pervy eyes on!"

Like a chain, she yanked on all of the mana in the tornado, causing a physical pull towards herself. As evidence, a few loose coins and food items from nearby sped past the girl. One such item, was her dear hat, which neatly landed back on her head. With so much mana suddenly displaced, the aversion spell collapsed. Yet, Alseia's rob continued hovering defiantly, Lenka playing her beat through thick and thin. That wasn't enough? Fine, I'll take it a step further. The wizard tried grabbing a tome from under her clothes, but only then noticed her mistake. The opening to the book in question was part of the floating portion, just out of her reach. "I'm...so done with this stupid charade!" That cooling ember exploded into a giant blaze. In this case, literally. Alseia pointed her hands high, and forced all the mana into that one spot. Then, with a flick of her wrist, it came int vibrant life. Throwing it behind her, the fireball exploded into a thick mist, covering the line of sight of most onlookers. Satisfied it was the best she could do, the sorceress took the chance. Sliding out from underneath the suspended apparel, she freed herself from it's prison. Now able to move around, she grabbed the tome.

Flipping it open right where the necessary spell was, the mage read it off absurdly fast. "Ich verleugne dir Lenka, von aller Magie, bleibe meine Kontrolle!" While simple in nature, the spell was meant to close off mana to the recipient. The drawback, is it only works if the name of the target is known. You clearly know nothing about magic, if you'd give me your real name. No matter how much Lenka might drum, nothing would happen till Alseia reversed the effects. Her rob finally dropped to the ground, safe from perversion. As the girl bent down to pick it up, she noticed truly for the first time how undressed she was. Now with added cause, she rapidly redressed. Making sure it was on, and covering everything necessary, the wizard dropped the misty veil. Letting out a sigh, the girl stood silent for a moment. But, within only a second..."That...was...really fun!" Laughing, perhaps a little too much, she rushed over to Lenka. Taking the red head's hand, she shook it quickly a few times. "I have to admit, I thought you were just a random traveling musician. Completely useless to myself, personally. Yet, you proved me wrong. And I'm not exactly mad about that either!"

Checking the snugness of her hat, she kept on, "That combination of the aversion spell, and the levitation spell at the same time was astounding! I'm the best Sorceress this Kingdom has to offer, but that trick honestly had me for a moment. Well done!" With that said, Alseia's excitement finally died down a little. And suddenly, it felt very awkward. Bouncing on her feet, she tried waiting out the silence...however, that simply didn't seem to have a chance. Keeping on with the quick thinking, and overall adrenaline of the situation, a thought popped into her head. "I've always had a problem with using multiple spells at once, especially those that require perfect synchronization. But you've near mastered them, from what you've shown me. I'd like to ask..." Swallowing her pride, she continued, "...could you possibly travel with us, for the sake of teaching me your ability? In return, I can promise adventure beyond anything you could ever imagine! And, if it sweetens the deal, there'll also be cash reward through our efforts." While not the savvy business person most Nochfolgers are, Alseia did retain a little understanding of smoothing over a client.

Pyosimros Pyosimros Hibiscus Hibiscus AnimeGenork AnimeGenork Rantos Rantos

DKqZvmv.png

| BLYTHE AYERS |
Blythe continued to walk through the marketplace, taking note of every shop and what they had to offer. Being in the midst of it all gave him a bigger sense of grandeur than he had thought previously--and he hadn't a clue of where to begin first.

Despite being tasked with collecting supplies for the group in general, Blythe prioritized other things first. Using half of the limited amount of gold he had, Blythe purchased various tools and raw materials; they were not for the group, but rather for tinkering on his personal belongings. The second priority was indeed for the group, yet it was likely more useless to the others. He began to purchase a few sacks of sugar, leaving his pouch one quarter of what it once was.

Both purchases were wise in the mind of Blythe, yet dumb in the minds of others. Both were simple tools to boost morale: the raw materials and such being used to repair his cosmetics, and the sugar to satisfy his sweet tooth. The third bulk purchase he made, however, was surprisingly useful.

The third purchase was food. More specifically, an assortment of oats and wheats. Being the cheapest food the vendor had to offer, Blythe offered the man all his money until his arms were filled with only bags upon bags of these items. Despite the bland meals of his future, Blythe gave a cheeky smile, walking blissfully out of the marketplace and towards the entrance of the town--where he would proceed to wait for the others.
TAGS - N/A || LOCATION - Town (Entrance)

qoXtbUB.png

Blythe continued to walk through the marketplace, taking note of every shop and what they had to offer. Being in the midst of it all gave him a bigger sense of grandeur than he had thought previously--and he hadn't a clue of where to begin first.

Despite being tasked with collecting supplies for the group in general, Blythe prioritized other things first. Using half of the limited amount of gold he had, Blythe purchased various tools and raw materials; they were not for the group, but rather for tinkering on his personal belongings. The second priority was indeed for the group, yet it was likely more useless to the others. He began to purchase a few sacks of sugar, leaving his pouch one quarter of what it once was.

Both purchases were wise in the mind of Blythe, yet dumb in the minds of others. Both were simple tools to boost morale: the raw materials and such being used to repair his cosmetics, and the sugar to satisfy his sweet tooth. The third bulk purchase he made, however, was surprisingly useful.

The third purchase was food. More specifically, an assortment of oats and wheats. Being the cheapest food the vendor had to offer, Blythe offered the man all his money until his arms were filled with only bags upon bags of these items. Despite the bland meals of his future, Blythe gave a cheeky smile, walking blissfully out of the marketplace and towards the entrance of the town--where he would proceed to wait for the others.

Users who are viewing this thread