• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Underworld High

OnyxReaper

Mind Over Metal, Metal Over Flesh
OnyxReaper submitted a new resource:

Underworld High - Welcome to Underworld High, the fantastical school for monsters!

You had to leave that life behind; you've always thought that to yourself, you want a new life in a much more interesting place. You got lucky... Maybe... A black limousine pulled up next to you on while you were walking one day, a small business card was put in your hand and the vehicle drove away and vanished from your site.
You stared at the card quizzically before looking at it, upon reading it, you see a few lines of red text 'You have been invited to Underworld High, you have an hour to...
Read more about this resource... 
*laughs and smiles as he eagerly looks around the room* time for a new life to begin! *looks for someone to talk to* 
*sits up, rubbing his head and banishing his familiar; forcing a smile as he forces his way out of the cluster of other people and looks up at a large monitor hanging loosely from the walls*. Hey, headmaster, I know you're listening, tell us what's going on will ya! *he gets no reply*

You had to leave that life behind; you've always thought that to yourself, you want a new life in a much more interesting place. You got lucky... Maybe... A black limousine pulled up next to you on while you were walking one day, a small business card was put in your hand and the vehicle drove away and vanished from your site.

You stared at the card quizzically before looking at it, upon reading it, you see a few lines of red text 'You have been invited to Underworld High, you have an hour to accept this invitation and join the school, we welcome you to a new world full of adventure, will you come?' You smile and laugh, staring at another line of text 'Tear here to accept' without any hesitation whatsoever, you tear through the card. A flash of light assaults your eyes and you find yourself in a large hall full of many others, as your vision and hearing returns to you, and the dizziness fades you look around.

Your story starts here, Welcome to Underworld High!

Whitelist App Requirements:

Name, Appearence, Race, Gender, Backstory, Abilities (Must follow Lore)

Lore (Races):

Akashi: the Akashi (also known as hybrids and half-breeds) are generally looked down on by members of noble, pure-blooded races. The Akashi are children of a monster and a human, there abilities can vary (though most have the ability to change a section of their body). Many of them harbour a distinct hate for Vampires in particular. Compared to most pure-blood races, they are weaker on average.

Human: Humans are simply humans, many of them have no idea of the existence of monsters, they have no distinct abilities and short life spans, However they show a distinct ability that no other races possess, the ability to become Ghouls.

Ghouls: Ghouls are the result of Vampire blood beginning to consume a human being, Ghouls can only be created from virgin humans and possess abilities similar to the host vampire, however they're abilities only activate when in severe danger or when they desperately need those abilities, they possess miraculous strength, reflexes and stamina that far surpass a humans. At a price. As a Ghoul continues to use the vampire blood to fight, the vampire blood consumes the human part and destroys there rational thinking, then eventually, there bodies.

Vampires: Vampires are extremely powerful creatures that possess immense strength and speed; aswell as immortality, they stop aging one they reach maturity (Eighteen) unlike common belief, vampires are born in the traditional fashion, not created. Most households consider breeding with a human or other races as a sin, so it rarely happens. however, if it does, they are not like Akashi, they are still vampires. There blood has extreme regenerative powers, and they are able to inject it into others through their fangs, and drink another's blood the same way, there blood only heals human however. At the cost of making them ghouls. Giving blood is considered extremely intimate to vampires and is not done with another unless they truly care.

Greater Daemon: These creatures are born from the sins of living beings and are many in number, there are two kinds of Daemon: Greater and Lesser. Greater Daemons are humanoid in form with a slight reddish tint to their skin, with horns as well, some have bat-like wings that are commonly impractical and of no use. Greater Daemons are born from grand sins: Murder, Rape, Suicide etc. Whilst Lesser Daemons are born from minor sins: Robbery, Assault, Profanity, Lustful thoughts etc. Lesser Daemons have bestial forms and act as familiars (similar to pets) for Greater Daemons. In terms of combat abilities, the Greater Daemons are known for their ability to summon flames and transforming there familiars into weapons of their liking (no guns etc.). They are also akin to vampires in terms of aging.

Angel: they were sent to earth as infants by god, instantly put into adoption, they live in the human world until they reach maturity, then that are called back to heaven to serve by the side of god. They are unable to fly at a young age, and those that can are only able to do so for short periods of time. They are also immortal and stop aging at 18. Unlike common belief, they are not kind-hearted by nature, and vary in personality just like any other race. They are also strong, but weaken at night.

Fallen Angel: those who are cast out by god and presumed to be evil from birth, most angels despise them, vampires think of them as lower beings, Daemons think of them as cheap knockoffs of them; they are known by two names: Winged Destruction, Outcasts. They are the most hated race by far, most living in solitude, many developing a cruel disposition to the other races, as well as each other. They are more often than not violent. There wings are black and glass-like. They possess ridiculous strength compared to others, too much, so much that they are unable to use it properly. Enough power to level an entire city resides in them, but using even half of that is enough to kill them ten times over. They are line ticking time bombs.

The school:

The schools headmaster is a being of unimaginable power, he is strong enough to be able to erect a barrier around the school, no one can enter the school unless invited. The school itself is a massive complex; spanning 3 kilometres and chock full of structures and buildings, large fields, a sparring arena, gym and all sorts of spaces for clubs are available. Along with this, there is also an entrance exam for new students and dozens of festivals.

One very unique thing about the school is this; each student is given a set allowance per week, just enough for there food. But there are ways to make money. Dungeons. Dungeons are extremely dangerous, a menagerie of traps and monsters await those who enter; first years are heavily advised not to enter these dungeons for there own safety , even second years avoid it. No one has entered those dungeons and came out okay, ever...

Rules:

1. No graphic sexual content (Punishable by temporary or permanent ban depending on the severity of the content)

2. All characters shall obey the Lore in this RP

3. Characters are 16, First years

4. Events, Adventures and Scenes are set by an Admin or Moderator (Violation of this rule is punishable by temporary ban)

5. No 1-day romances, it's unrealistic and far too common

6. Obey the Admins and Moderators please

7. You must have your application approved to join this RP

Last edited by a moderator:
(Can we do 3rd person? If not, I'll edit it.)

Aria walked around the people in confusion. A frown formed on her face as she looked around. "What is this?" She thought. She looked over at a guy talking to a monitor and walked up to him. "Do you know what's going on?"

*looked at the girl, forcing a smile as he discreetly hides his wings behind his back* I'm not sure, but it looks like this is the schools entrance hall; and I think that the headmaster will tell us something soon

Aria nodded watching at the guy. She sensed more to him then he was letting on. "You're not human. What are you?" She crossed her arms thinking. She had lived among humans long enough to be able to identify who was, and who wasn't, however that didn't mean she could immediately figure out as to what she was dealing with. All she knew was that no matter how human he looked, he wasn't.

Laughs and grins again "Daemon, but don't tell anyone else" looks back up at the monitor "The names Leondhart, call me Leo"

Awkwardly thinks to himself 'Being bothered already; jeez, I know I didn't want to be in solitude but still...

Aria wasn't caught off guard by his answer, and she wasn't in disgust either. Most angels would have immediately frowned upon him and walked away from his "evil." However, Aria wasn't like most. She smiled ever so slightly, "Pleasure to meet you Leo. My name's Aria." She turned away slightly, unsure if the conversation had reached its end. She looked at the monitor as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks completely freaked out, thinking to himself 'This has never happened before' voices out his opinion "soooo, no stabbing me in the guts, shooting me, looking at me in disgust, organising a lynch mob to put my head on a stake?"

Aria again wasn't surprised by the remark, especially considering she was an angel. She let out a slight laugh, "No... For one thing, I'm an angel and really should leave the stabbing and shooting to you guys. And for another... I like to get to know somebody before I judge..." She looked down, knowing she was only providing more proof to the angels above that she was not like them, but she couldn't help herself.

Leondhart stares at the angel girl for a second, completely in awe before he regains his composure and looks back up at the monitor "Well, let's see if he'll answer me this time" shouts out "Hey!, old man answer me! Tell us what's going on and let us outta here already!" He gets his reply remarkably quickly "Don't call me an old man!" The headmaster replies with as the screen comes to life and shows his face, an old guy "The exam is ready now, for your impudence; you shall be the first to enter!"

Aria kept looking away when she felt his eyes stabbing into her, then looked at the screen surprised when she heard an answer come out. Slightly amused from the headmaster's first response, Aria looked over at Leo. She frowned slightly when the headmaster said exam, and watched both of them curiously.

Smiles and laughs, thinking to himself, 'this won't be too hard', "Well, seeya miss angel, looks like I have some business to attend to" a large, metallic door opens up slowly, inviting him in; just as he passes through the door, the tips of his wings can be seen as he spreads them, they vanish and the large door closes behind him. Swarms of unnaturally large spiders, several feet across pour from the walls; they number about six-dozen in total "Well... This looks nice" he summons his familiar, a hellhound much larger than the spiders, it barks as the ground beneath it crackles and ignites; Leo causes the same reaction. Explosions and heavy thuds can be easily heard in the hall, after several minutes of combat; he walks out, taking his blood-stained shirt off and replacing it with one in his bag pack.

Aria had watched him go in, curious as to what he was entering. The explosions heard from inside the metallic door left her unsettled and Aria and taken several steps back. She bit her lip worriedly wondering what would come of the Daemon. When he came back out her eyes widened from the bloody shirt, and she looked at the monitor troubled, "What kind of exams are these?" She demanded. Glancing one more look at Leo making sure he wasn't harmed.

Answers before the headmaster "Combat I guess, if that could be called combat" finishes putting on his shirt, quickly hiding his wings and banishing his familiar, thinking to himself 'damn, that was way too difficult for a few dozen spiders, am I getting soft? He looks at the angel then back at the monitor; walking to one end of the massive hall, leaning his back against the wall. The headmaster shouts out again "The girl who was talking to the guy who went in first, your next!"

Mati walked into the halls of the school for her first time and some of the other students started to back away from when she came through. They didn't want to deal with a fallen angel because they knew they were very poweful but were mentally unstable and could snap at a moments notice. She reached some doors when she saw a daemon covered in blood and a Angel looking nervously at him. "Sorry if I'm butting in but what the heckk happened to you?"

Aria eyes widened from what Leo had said and then she looked back at the screen, trying to hide her glare. Her stomach felt sick and she crossed her arms. "Combat? I'm an angel. Violence is never the answer." Even though she was much more easy going than most angels, she still held to her customs. Reluctantly, she still entered the metallic doors, nonetheless. She looked around wide eyed as she waited for the doors to fully shut.

Aria's eyes widened from the spiders and she knew that this was the test. She felt her typical angel customs come in and she knew she couldn't harm the bugs. However, as if there was a devil on her shoulder a thought entered her head, "This is the test. They are trying to see if you can survive through this. The best way for that, is to just finish the spiders off." She immediately pushed that thought away and mentally chastised herself for thinking such a thing. As the spiders neared her she pushed up off the ground and flew in the air nervously. She knew she couldn't hold the flight for long. She called upon the other angels for help, but none came. Finally she put herself back on the ground. She knew the spiders were dangerously close to her now, but she didn't stop them, curious to see if they would stop for her. She wanted to know if the test, was a test for her character, rather than her strength.

The spiders push up further, the clatter of there feet on the stone resonates throughout the room, a few stop, inches away from the angel, others lightly scratch at her; whilst others seem to lose all interest and absent mindedly walk away to the other side of the room, eventually all the spiders follow suite and the room is left empty; only Aria there as the door opens

"If she doesn't let the spiders get near her and she keeps moving, she will be just fine. I hope the room is strong enough for when I go in there because some of the walls may be crack when I'm done in there" Here face begans to widen with a evil little grin.

Laughs casually "Lets have a match sometime, don't worry about breaking anything though; the headmasters charms and barriers here are much stronger then even a fallen angel like yourself" he laughs once more before poking her lightly on the cheek "hmm ... I wonder if your limiter is removed; doesn't look like it, nah, you're fine"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back