Video Games Underrated games.

I love me some dot hack and even though it has its flaws, I think it was so ahead of its time. I may not love GU as much but I'd kill for a new series.

group1-a6c59.jpg
That wouldn't hurt to have a new serie, it could be a good idea, personnally, i would like a comeback from Klonoa.

That wouldn't hurt to have a new serie, it could be a good idea, personnally, i would like a comeback from Klonoa.

If we ever get one, I'd love for it to say a mock MMORPG and not touch actual online multiplayer. I love that you read about various posts in the forums and see art and theories, it felt so real without it having to be real.

If we ever get one, I'd love for it to say a mock MMORPG and not touch actual online multiplayer. I love that you read about various posts in the forums and see art and theories, it felt so real without it having to be real.
Oh god, no online multiplayer, that thing is a real pain to deal with, i love when a game is a solo stuff, it's fun.

You've probably heard of it, but Transistor! Gonna try a platinum run sometime. Music's great, dialogue and voice acting's great, and the concept is pretty neat. And then the combat! Very strategic, very colorful. I played it on PS4 a couple years ago, but apparently it's on mobile now too.

You've probably heard of it, but Transistor! Gonna try a platinum run sometime. Music's great, dialogue and voice acting's great, and the concept is pretty neat. And then the combat! Very strategic, very colorful. I played it on PS4 a couple years ago, but apparently it's on mobile now too.
Never heard of it, what is it about?

If we're mentioning Transistor, gonna say Bastion- its sibling. Great game, beautiful music.

Never heard of it, what is it about?
Hmm! How to not spoil things. Futuristic city, story starts with the protagonist pulling a big blue sword out of a dead man's chest. She's a singer, and she's lost her voice. But the sword talks! And the city's a ghost town. And stuff. You can pause the combat and plan out your moves, but it's got a great rhythm to it.

If we're mentioning Transistor, gonna say Bastion- its sibling. Great game, beautiful music.
Yes! I've been meaning to play Bastion forever. Thanks for the reminder.

Hmm! How to not spoil things. Futuristic city, story starts with the protagonist pulling a big blue sword out of a dead man's chest. She's a singer, and she's lost her voice. But the sword talks! And the city's a ghost town. And stuff. You can pause the combat and plan out your moves, but it's got a great rhythm to it.

Ah i get it know, another game i should put on the list of "games i should watch".

I'm not sure how underrated it is but I love Spacechem. It's a puzzle game in which you have to build molecules from their constituent atoms despite the name it's actually not very chemistry-ish; you basically have two cranes that haul the atoms around and you have to build them without having collisions all while optimizing your instructions. The videos on the website will probably explain it better than me.

It's a very interesting puzzle game and while it has good reviews I wish it had more love.

One of my all time favorite games that is underrated and almost no one talks about any more is GUN.

Gun_Coverart.jpg

This game was the one to inspire Red Dead Redemption if I remember correctly. Either way, it was a good game for its time. The boss fights in it were my favorite, as it was a pain in the butt to beat them. I remember I had to restart the level several times to beat the final boss, and it was worth it in the end. Then if you beat the game complete all side missions, and get all the weapons, then you can get Reverend Reed's horse that is covered in metal armor (One of the Bosses steed in the game). It is claimed to not be able to be killed, but it was always fun to use TNT and all of my ammo to attempt to kill it. I succeeded once, after it glitched in a cliff when I used TNT to attempt to kill it. A few shots of my pistol finished it off.

One of my all time favorite games that is underrated and almost no one talks about any more is GUN.

Gun_Coverart.jpg

This game was the one to inspire Red Dead Redemption if I remember correctly. Either way, it was a good game for its time. The boss fights in it were my favorite, as it was a pain in the butt to beat them. I remember I had to restart the level several times to beat the final boss, and it was worth it in the end. Then if you beat the game complete all side missions, and get all the weapons, then you can get Reverend Reed's horse that is covered in metal armor (One of the Bosses steed in the game). It is claimed to not be able to be killed, but it was always fun to use TNT and all of my ammo to attempt to kill it. I succeeded once, after it glitched in a cliff when I used TNT to attempt to kill it. A few shots of my pistol finished it off.
The one that inspired RDR? i must watch it.

It's still a relatively new game, but I haven't seen anyone talking about it: The Spiral Scouts! It's a 18+ puzzle game with super cute cut-out animation. One of the developers for Huniepop worked on the music.

I don't feel like Nier (the original, mostly, but Automata as well) gets enough attention . . . Both it and the sequel are beautifully, crafted, with smooth, exciting gameplay, lovable characters, and plot twists wrapped within plot twists. I can't say too much about them without giving away spoilers, but I will say this: the creator, Yoko Taro, likes to make you think. He throws question after question about everything, from trivial game lore to philosophical wonders, into his games. And as you play, they don't always hit you right away; sometimes you'll find yourself questioning an event within the game hours after it happened, and the next thing you know you'll be questioning the meaning of life. It's quite a surreal experience, and at the end of these games you'll feel a strange mix of satisfaction and wanting more. However, it isn't all existential doom and gloom; you get a good laugh here and there within these games, and if you want more there's always the interviews with Yoko Taro himself, who is a good-humored guy. This, and well as the gripping stories and gameplay, make for a memorable game that every gamer should give a chance to. All in all, both games are worth every penny and every minute of playtime, with a lot of content to unravel, and I don't feel like the fanbase is as prominent as it should be.

An RPG for ps2 called Radiata Stories. It had an awesome story and a simple system when it came to improving your character. Choices you would make at key points in the game would change the end result of the story as well so multiple endings to work towards. I played this game multiple times just to try and get all of the different endings. It had funny and interesting characters and artwork as well.

Another series that was for ps1 that I wish we could get an HD remake of would be the Dino Crisis series. Literally imagine the early Resident Evil games and replace the zombies with dinosaurs. Loved these games growing up. Especially in number two when I would use the GameShark cheats. XD Infinite ammo definitely made it a lot easier. lol Stories were cool and was a dino nut as a kid so....yeah.

The Bouncer, Rogue Galaxy, Digital Devil Sagas I and II for the PS2, some of the best JRPGs that have gone unnoticed in the world. :[

I think Hotel Dusk: Room 215 is pretty underrated unless I just haven't seen the people who do really like it? I love the art style, and the story was fun! For me, at least, I can't speak for everyone

of course. Holet_Dusk_US_Cover.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back