• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern underneath the crown.

montague

𝘥𝘪𝘥 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘯𝘰𝘸?
As her mother incessantly chatted with the tailor and various maids in the small powder room, Elisabeth stood silently. Her arms were perched out to her side like a bird ready to take flight. The tailor's small hands wrapped a measuring tape around her every so often, and Elisa couldn't wait for the fitting to be over. Not that she was as excited for their next errand of the day: meeting her future husband, who was almost a king for their rivaling kingdom, wasn't going to be a walk in the park, and neither was Elisa's job. But her father had been insistent, and no one can defy Edward Finch when his mind is set on something. Much like his daughter.

As the tailor clapped his cold hands and smiled to Elisa's mother to signify his finish, she daintily stepped off the raised platform and hit the ground. Her personal maid, Catherine, had
one of her most formal dresses at the ready, a sympathetic look behind her brown eyes. Cathy was the only maid Elisa ever really became close with, and much to her mother's distaste, was one of her closest friends. Cathy was aware of how little she wanted to be married off for her father's benefit. As she slipped into the beautiful emerald fabric, another of her maids began to fiddle with her hair, curling the delicate golden strands and touching up the rest of her outfit. As soon as she was finished getting her shoes on, Elisa's mother whisked her out of the powder room, her gown flowing behind her.

"I do hope you're prepared to meet him, darling," Rosaline noted to her daughter. "He's of very high status, almost higher than ours. We musn't embarrass ourselves. Especially for your father's sake. I've heard he is more than a suitable marriage partner for you. And to think of the calm and peace we may get when you two are married off!" Clapping her hands together, Rosaline strode faster along the halls and down flights of stairs, where their silver carriage was waiting at their doorfront. An emerald 'F' was engraved in the side for their family name, Finch, and without another word to her mother, Elisabeth stepped into the carriage and slammed the door.

_Exodus_ _Exodus_

David stood looking at himself in the large mirror placed before him by his servants. He treated every one of his servants with respect and courtesy to the point he felt bad making them do anything, but then again, they were servants.

David struggled with his last last button on his suit. He finally managed to get the button in place as his father came into the small room. He hadn’t bothered going into the bathroom or any other room; he had simply stayed in his own massive room and had everything brought to him. His father looked with pride at his son.

“You’ll make a fine king,” His father, Rowan, told his son.
“I hope the day does not come when I must take the throne. For if I do, you are certainly dead,” David responds.
David’s bond with his father was strong, but not as strong as his and his mother’s; the two of them got along exceedingly well. His father had arranged his marriage, which disappointed him. If he were to marry some woman who has no respect to whomever, then they would not get along.

A tight pull on his shirt signaled to David that he was done being dressed. Rowan handed David a sword with their family crest on it: two wings surrounding a sword. David places the sword at his belt line and walked out of his room to greet his people

From within the massive oak doors of the manor, Elisabeth entered behind her mother. Her emerald green dress elegantly swept across the flooring, the train exclusively long. Other guests turned to watch her dress swish across the floor, the emerald tulle bright in the sunlight that streamed in from the windows. Elisa herself felt veryuncomfortable as their stares bored into her bare arms and back, envy coloring most of their expressions. She wasn't even that good-looking, why were they so envious? Her mother snaked a hand under her chin and tilted it up, and Elisa reluctantly kept her chin held high. Confidence came easily for the young woman, as her status reinforced her posture and her movement. She ignored their burning stares with a pout of her lips.

As her mother led her closer to the raised dais in the back of the hall, Elisabeth felt her heart speed up ever so slightly. What if he was a terrible match and her mother hadn't been truthful? Her cheeks flushed with anxiety as her pearl shoes stepped farther across the carpet pathway. It was impossible to tell which one he may be between the number of gentlemen upon the dais in their finest suits. Her mother even seemed puzzled for a moment before she found whatever she was looking for and hurried towards it, pulling her emerald-clad daughter behind her. Slowly taking the steps of the dais, Elisabeth held the waist of her dress as best she could to lift some of the train and make the climb a bit easier.

Her mother frowned at her speed, but kept silent as she greeted a gentleman with a coat of a royal navy. "Sir, this is Elisabeth, my eldest child. She's set to marry the prince in mere few days," she greeted with a bow of her head. Elisabeth didn't know of the man, but politely curtsied to him, her rosy lips curling into a smile. He murmured something to her mother before nodding and turning away, hurriedly stepping down the dais and disappearing into the crowd. "He said the prince is set to arrive any moment, and that he will pass along your attire so he may find you if we do not first." Sighing softly, Elisabeth nodded and folded her hands neatly behind her back. She scanned the room for the prince, even though she was still unsure of his looks.

Rowan ushered David out of his room into the main entrance way. Thousands of people flocked into the room to get a glimpse of the King and his son. David entered behind his father and stood before the throne. Two women stood at the dias, apparently waiting for the two of them.

David looked at the younger of the two. She looked absolutely beautiful in the green dress. He couldn’t keep his face from flushing a bright red. His attention was diverted when he noticed his father say something.
“Hello to everyone. This is my son, David Thomas, prince of our kingdom. I have arranged for him to marry Elisabeth Finch.” Rowan answers.

Rowan sits down as the crowds disperse back into their own conversations.
Rowan smiles to the other queen.
“It’s a pleasure to meet you once more,” Rowan answers, “This is my son David.”
David holds out his hand clumsily without ever looking away from her eyes.

Elisabeth’s eyes followed David and his father carefully as the entered onto the dais, her analytical gaze heavy as they made their way over. When they finished their introduction and approached the two women on the dais, her gaze shifted to one of admiration. His cheeks were flushed a pale pink, much like hers probably were. She bowed her head for a moment, smiling politely as her mother had taught her.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, your highness,” Elisa murmured, reaching out to shake King Rowan’s hand before turning to his son. Her honey colored eyes glanced at the prince between thick lashes, and she extended her hand to shake his own. A small curtsy followed, her slender hands getting lost in the heaps of emerald fabric. “And to you, as well, sir.” Her elegance was almost infinite, as if she already was a queen of the greatest kingdom.

Rosaline was speaking quietly with the king, and without her guidance Elisabeth wasn’t entirely sure what was to occur next. Tucking her curls behind her bare shoulders, she glanced up at David with a small smile on her rosy lips. “You have quite a beautiful kingdom,” she complimented quietly. “I’m sure your father is very glad that his kingdom will be taken care of.” She wished she hadn’t spoke so soon— had she sounded too forward? Her cheeks flushed even brighter with embarrassment as she glanced out into the crowd.

“Why thank you Madam, I mean princess,” David quickly corrects.
He smile transforms into a small laugh.
“I’m sorry Princess, formality is not my suit; I much rather prefer nonchalant talking if that is alright with you.”

David watches the woman with her grace and elegance; she was one of the most beautiful things he had ever seen. He felt himself get lost in the green of her fabric before he was brought back to the present.

Rowan and the Queen talked for some time before music began to play in the background. The king took his chair as his wife was missing. Not missing, but had died a few years back from the flu.

David heard the music and a sincere smile spread across his face. He felt a bit awakened, but he managed. David has been taught how to dance several times; however, if he were to dance, David could swear he would fall over himself if he were to dance.

”Nor is it mine,” she said with a small smile. “I was brought up to speak it, however, and often do so. My apologies.” Her eyes were the color of honey in the soft light from the windows, and her dress seemed to glow in the light. “And please, sir, call me Elisabeth. We must be acquainted sooner or later, with the ceremony and all.” She played with her soft blond hair for a moment, twirling the curls around her finger as she was lost in thought. Eventually the curl sprung free, and she tucked her hair behind her shoulders. Her hands folded themselves neatly at her waist, rings adorning her small fingers.

She didn’t much like speaking about the wedding, inot even to Catherine. Elisa much would have rather chosen her own spouse to marry, to fall in love with. A ceremony she could plan herself, and one she would long to be a part of. For the past number of months, she had been dreading what was to come. But with his kind words and soft smile, she was sure she would be alright. Not good, but alright. Her mother wouldn’t fail to remind her of her duty, even long after she was married. Elisa already felt guilty. But she brushed it off with a sigh.

As soft music filled the hall and the sound of laughing ladies echoed around, Elisa watched them move with focused eyes. Soon enough she would become one of these ladies; plump on food, riches, and power, dancing with their drunken husband at a ball. She dreaded it already. However, she much more dreaded the punishment her father would be sure to lay on her back if she didn’t complete her job. Eyeing the ladies one last time, she felt her rosy lips upturn ever so slightly. “I haven’t a clue how these ladies move in those gowns. I could barely remove myself from the carriage with the help of the driver. And here they are, dancing away.” She didn’t much wish to dance, but didn’t want to seem rude to the company.

"Some people choose to put their energy elsewhere; into physcial movement rather then intellectual thoughts," David amuses, "But there are the few who find the energy elsehwere; in love or some other form of feeling."
David spoke as if he were a mathmatician. He had no problem with it; sometimes things could only be explained by math and science. There were the few odd occasions that proved him wrong though.

"Madam, Elisabeth, do you often feel grand feelings of love that move you to do something rash or unexpedted?" David conjured the question out of sheer curiosity.
He knew of several occasions where he had done something completely unexpected when love was on the line.

David placed his arms behind his back and awaited his response. Part od him felt that he should join the masses in song and dance, while the other felt no need to flail about and play the fool. If his mother were here, she would tell him to dance until he could dance no more.......

Elisabeth listened to his dialogue with a tilt of her head, though she didn't comment on it. She was unsure of what to say, and decided it was best to be perceived at quiet instead of quirky. So she nodded along quietly, her honey-colored eyes scanning the ballroom from wall to wall. The patrons of the kingdom still danced along to the music; beautiful medleys created by the royal band at the end of the hall.

His next question surprised her enough to elicit an answer from her rosy lips. "Much to my mother's distaste," she murmured with a small smile, "I do find myself acting on behalf of rash thoughts. Not nearly as often as years prior. Like all young girls, I wanted to be the princess and make my own decisions for myself. I've become much more docile in present years." Her hand reached up to adjust the thin tiara crowning upon her head.

“What about you, sir? Have you ever made a rash decision for the object of love?” Her lashes lowered and she looked at David through them, her lips pursed gently. Her mother would be more than proud to hear something along those lines after this ball.

David was saddened by her reaction; she sounded caged, as if she were to be thrown into a mix and never be able to be taken out. David wiped the thought from his mind. He turned to her and looked to her beautiful eyes. What a breathe taking woman.

“I have, on a few occasions. After my mother had passed, I was a raging young man. No one could placate me, nor would they try; I am a kings son after all,” David explained, “But I learned to live with loss. While it breaks my heart every day I wake, there is nothing I can do to change it.”
A small tear snuck its way out of David’s eye.

The music slowed down, slow enough for many to find dance partners and begin a slow waltz, or at least some semblance of a slow dance. Rowan stood and asked for the other queen’s hand.
“May I have this dance?” Rowan asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back