• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings Ultimate story Omniverse: the hero fanclub.

Characters
Here
Liz gets a notification on her phone, she looks at it and her face goes dark. What she saw clearly disturbed her.

"Uh, Liz?" Lisa asked, noticing her friend's downcast face. "Are you okay?" She questioned, putting a hand on her shoulder while frowning. Something was wrong. She tried to peek at whatever Elizabeth was looking at on her phone, and her eyes widened as she saw.

“Ragdoll is dead.” Liz tells them “her body was found last night with a sword in the back.” Her eyes were watering. “They think her daughter was there when it happened, there were little hand prints on her COT.”

“That’s messed up!”, Rachel says, eyes widening, “is there a picture? I don’t believe it.”

Alice puts her palm to her forehead in disbelief, “her poor daughter...”

"That's horrible!" Lisa said, covering her mouth with her palms. "Who would do such a thing?" She asked, looking away from the phone.

“I.....I don’t know. They’re investigating now, but they haven’t found anything yet.” Liz was shaking, Ragdoll was always her favorite, and now she was dead.

"I-It's alright. I'm sure they will find something." Lisa spoke, and hugged Elizabeth comfortingly. "It'll be alright." She said to herself. Heroes lived in risk- but to kill someone in front of their child, it was a different kind of terrible.

“I wish there was something we could do”. Rachel says, “anything to keep people from dying. The heroes protect us, but who protects the heroes?”

“There’s not much we can do though. We arent heroes, we dont have some sort of abilities or technology that we can use to fight. I guess other heroes do, but there must not have been anyone to help.”

“I...” she takes a shakey breath “I’m just gonna go home for today.” Liz gets up and leaves barely holding back sobs.

Lisa watched Elizabeth leave with a concerned face. She was usually the most level headed of the group, but it seemed that said mantle now fell upon Lisa.

She glanced at the remaining two, biting her lip, before taking a deep breath. "I... Think it's better if we call it a day." She said, standing up. "We'll meet up later." She said, heading towards her bike.

“See you tomorrow..?”, Alice says as she watches Lisa go, she turns to Rachel, “you too..” and she starts jogging back to her dorms.

Rachel starts walking home and hears absolute bawling as she catches up with Elizabeth. They live on the same street after all.

She hugs her from behind, “There there, everything is going to be alright. Ragdoll may be gone, but at least we still have heroes like captain strong and his hot sidekick”, she knows her words wont do much, but she still makes the attempt and she would with any of her friends.

She sniffs “just leave me alone please. I can’t deal with you right now.” She keeps walking and sobbing

“I know its hard right now...”, Rachel says, “but we are here for you... Er... I am, the others went home, and Im on my way home, but right now-“, she stops as she notices she isnt helping, “Anyway. Im here for you! I care about you. Seeing you happy, makes me happy; but seeing you sad makes me sad, so I wanna see you happy soon. If that makes sense.”, she scratches her head, “you dont have to be unsad. Sad is ok, but I like when you are happy.”, she cant seem to phrase it right..

“Just express what you are feeling and let us help you how we can, ok?”

She ignores Rachel and goes in her house so she can cry into her pillow for the rest of the day. This was the first time she had ever considered the idea that a hero could lose, if a hero could lose, then that means the villains can win.

Rachel doesn’t know what to do, she decides to leave Liz alone for now and go to her own home. She thinks about what she can do. She’s a bit of an airhead, but she has a big heart regarding her friends. She decided to make cookies for her friends to be shared with tomorrow.

Alice gets home and changes out of her jogging gear and takes a shower before getting ready to do homework. The steam helps to clear her mind and focus before she works.

When Lisa arrived at her home, she stored her bike in the old garage and greeted her family before entering her room. She locked the door behind her as she threw her bonnet in her bed. She sat down in besides it and stared at it. It was a gift from her grandmother, before she passed away, and as she held the woolen garment in her hands she thought about the news that had just reached her club.

A dead hero. On an intellectual level, she understood that it could happen. Most villains were more than inclined to murder, after all- and yet, seeing it happen felt like a sudden punch in the gut. Ragdoll was dead. Who was next?

She shook her head trying to cast away these dark thoughts, but failed to. She held firmly on to her bonnet, crumpling it. They all depended on their heroes to protect them, but what happened when the heroes were no longer there? She felt impotent. She was impotent. Everyone was, in the face of the monsters Strong and Ragdoll faced.

There was nothing they could do against the supervillains.

She held the old bonnet up to her face. "What about the regular villains?" She muttered.

She'd make sure to bring this up at the next meeting.

The next day was a weekend from school. The ones who worked still had jobs to go to but the college student, Alice and the high school student, Rachel had nothing to do. Rachel decided to make the cookies the night prior, but wound up eating them all, so she decided to make a second batch. Alice decided to visit Lisa at work and get herself a sandwich, “hey Lisa... yesterday was a tad... Sucky”, she couldn’t come up with a better word to say, “I hope Liz is alright. I think i want my usual today”, her usual was a triple meat salami on a sesame seed whole grain foot long sub sandwich bread with extra provolone and light mozzarella toasted with green peppers, olives, and jalapeños. She drooled a little as she watched her friend prepare it, “now, that is a sandwich!”

Liz was a debby downer all through work. She was normally very talkative to people who would ask her about certain books, as she read many, but today she just couldn’t care.

The next day was a weekend from school. The ones who worked still had jobs to go to but the college student, Alice and the high school student, Rachel had nothing to do. Rachel decided to make the cookies the night prior, but wound up eating them all, so she decided to make a second batch. Alice decided to visit Lisa at work and get herself a sandwich, “hey Lisa... yesterday was a tad... Sucky”, she couldn’t come up with a better word to say, “I hope Liz is alright. I think i want my usual today”, her usual was a triple meat salami on a sesame seed whole grain foot long sub sandwich bread with extra provolone and light mozzarella toasted with green peppers, olives, and jalapeños. She drooled a little as she watched her friend prepare it, “now, that is a sandwich!”
"Hello Alice." Lisa greeted her friend. "Where does all that food go to, anyways?" She joked as she began making the sandwich. "You eat more than all of us combined. Are you sure you don't have a power?" She spoke as she prepared her food. "And yes... Yesterday was a bit intense. I hope Elizabeth is alright too."

Last edited:
“I wouldn't say I eat that much, but you are right, I probably eat more than you and Liz. Though Im not too sure about Rachel.”, she attempts a smile while paying for her sandwich, “it’s mostly hard work and exercise that keeps the fat off. I always thought that you exercised too considering how strong you are. If not, maybe you’re the one with the power.” She silently laughs to herself imagining if any of them actually had some sort of power, “wouldnt that be nice...”.
She sits down and starts eating at one of the tables, “I wonder if Rachel had a chance to talk to her. Maybe cheer her up a bit. They’ve known each other the longest. One would think she would at least try.”, she snickers, “then again, she would probably only worsen Liz’s mood.”

Lisa worked with a placid smile on her face, talking to Liz as she kept on making sandwiches. "Probably. At least Rachel means well. Even if she's a bit dumb at times." She said, and then sighed, looking at the clock hanging in the corner. Her shift wasn't going to end until a few hours for now. She glanced at Alice before returning her gaze to the food-in-the-making. "I used to take self defense classes, and I do exercise. My metabolism isn't as good as yours, I suppose." She spoke, pouting briefly.

“That explains it”, Alice smiles, “I do have a high metabolism”, she wipes her face with a napkin, “well, I suppose I should probably go for today. Ill meet you at the library tonight, last nights club meetup seemed very brief. I think today we will have plenty to talk about.” She winks and walks out the door heading towards the library with the intent to visit Liz

"I'll see you later then," Lisa waved at her as she walked out, before her attention was demanded by another customer. There would be a lot to talk of, indeed.

Alice jogs over to the library, her stomach full. She goes inside and takes a small book out of her fanny pack, “hey Liz, book return. Are you alright?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back