• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Tyst Hem (Looking for writers of any skill.)

Would you Roleplay this?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

n i h i l i s m

my jinji don't you cry

Welcome to Tyst Hem, a town of wonder and mystery. Quaint and quiet buried deep in the forests of California. Not much is heard of this place, the residents wish to keep it that way. The uncommon tourist is shown here or there, and is always shunned. Visitors who come to stay typically leave soon enough. Why? Who knows? I do.

There are occasional hotels but no one stays there often. The reclusive mayor whose face is never seen keeps it funded. So why, do you ask, is this town so strange… so important? That is great question. I speak to you as someone who has lived in the shadows of this very town for thousands of years. Who am I? In time my friend, you ask too many questions. This town is a gateway, from this world, to theirs who are they? The ones who hide in the shadows much like me, but these beings are the ultimate creators, to them our lives are merely toys, they play with us and throw wrenches into our lives like its nothing.

The group of seven creator beings have been unleashed upon our town, they stir up each their own brand of mischief. I myself have gotten the chance to learn their names, and I know for a fact that their number was originally eight, ... where did the eighth one go? Beyond the point, the names of the seven are, Sömnig, Läkare, Arg, Skönhet, Gråtande, Hjärna, and Döda, the last one being the most fearsome of all.

Recently they have begun to act up even more, and the town has been in an uproar. Sometimes people even disappeared. I wish to stop them with their games, but how? I must find a way to seal the gate from our world to theirs but it will be no easy feat. I call out to my fellow thinkers, my fellow adventurers, put a stop to this madness and save our town, the first step is to stop the incidents around town, they should lead to their creators, and the creators, if just maybe we could come into contact with them we could figure out a way to stop this. And what if they get out of hand? The whole world could be next.

• Hello! Are you a budding author with some impressive vocabulary to flaunt? Or just a nerd who lives in their mother's basement? Good! I would love for you to write and grow Tyst Hem out of its four paragraph box into something shared by writers and enjoyed by readers. We would love your company in Tyst Hem's writing community.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rain said:
Please do, my apologies if its slightly messy.
where am I supposed to put the required paragraph? and is there a way for me to read the other ones before I create one?

Sadly the only one who would be contributing would be you, this hasn't really lifted off.

But if you would still like to post please put it in this reply box the same way we're having a conversation.

Döda. Death. To slay, cut down, destroy. She's a cruel woman. A cruel thing excuse me, 'It' deserves no true title... But I will indulge my human tendencies and call Death, She. She certainly looks like a woman, long black hair going grey about the temples. Wraith like rags sewn in the mockery of a dress. Barefooted she is as she walks the brambly paths of forgotten graves, delighting in the pain, her face twisted into a mockery of joy, ecstasy even... I've yet to see her kill anyone however. As I hide myself slipping behind the shadows on the walls, Döda only torments. Preying on the weak she slowly, slowly drives them towards her, towards the cliff edge of Death. But never pushes them over, simply keeps them hanging on the knife's edge. This is strange... for her own life depends on the end of theirs... Even now I watch those grey streaks whiten, and grow. Turning those once obsidian strands steadily silver... But her cruelty grows in leaps and bounds. Every day, night, hour, I watch this mad queen devise new torture for her 'subjects,' straying ever farther into the Dark. And yet she does not kill? Does not do what her very fiber desires, to destroy? Ach, nearly nearly nearly she *gasps* nearly caught me.

The dawn comes, but my foot slipped and the, It, caught me watching before the great light drove her back... I don't know dear reader if I shall be around come the sunset... Döda comes for me next. Run dear stranger. Don't let the Creators catch you, or you may join our poor ranks far too soon.

Yes, and Thank you :) this is actually my first legitimate post on this site that wasn't "what the heck is going on?" xD

Yes, and Thank you :) this is actually my first legitimate post on this site that wasn't "what the heck is going on?" xD

The creators have become corrupted. They didn't used to be this way. They used to be kind and generous. This change was brought about slowly. They have been fooled by a stranger who claims to come from your realm. He called himself Solomon the wise and claimed to be a great wizard and ruler. He begged the creators to open the gate between their realm and yours because he claimed that he had not the power to do so. However before he had them do this he played and beat the creators in their own games. When he won he would take something from they but no creator would talk about what they lost.

I fear this Solomon the wise is not who he claims to be. Through his influence he had corrupted the creators and destroyed the rules that governed them. He had turned them into what they were never ment to be and has slowly planted ideas into them but from where and how I know not. The creators have started to do things they never would and I fear they have it out for me. I have opposed them on every plan and interfered when I could but I see that they no longer trust me.

The day comes and I must seek refuge in shadows brave adventurers I leave this information with you along with a riddle and a priceless piece of information. The sun is their eyes and ears in this reality and all other light is it's servents and finally the riddle.

When you find me you will not know me.

When you need me I am there.

When your enemies have me you must be stronger.

I would like to help as well! Mysterious Myths are something of a favorite of mine...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hjarna, sire of many beings, mother of many forms. "Life" would be a good word you could give if you had no other in your vocabulary. But Creation would be better, Chaos would be best. It, She, He...always had a love for the flesh. Whatever the form the flesh took. It has always traveled the gates beyond, as it was the holder of the KeYeS.

Now that it wanders, lost and sickened to touch anything, its KeYeS, its children, its other forms, have become lost. Solomon stole the KeY Yardrilli. For what reason, I do not know. Yardrilli was base of the order, and without it like Babel, the KeYeS have fallen. In mortal form of the land they are in, the only way they can be summoned to their original selves is to force them to be connected to the base concepts of that world. How I know, that I do not. Maybe its because all is undone that we know what we know now. That forgotten ideas seems common, and common normal days seem like forgone dreams. Find them, the KeYeS. Unbind them, restore them, and return them. For it will be so long before Hjarna remembers is carnal love... Stars helps the souls lost to its desires.

Remember Babel,

The one lost to the shades.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back