Types of role plays and things role players do that you enjoy

Above any skill level or type of RP, The games I love the most are those where the players actually work together. Nothing makes me feel happier than reading through an RP and everyone is working off of each other to make a larger narrative!

Like Shura, I love it when people collaborate with one another to make a project. Its my favorite thing when people each add things to a game that is consistent with the setting and what other's have added.

As well - I love it when people post regularly without me having to nag them. (O:))

I like these answers but I'm more looking for the types people like. Line genre s and specific settings.

And then just food habits people have that you like.

I enjoy the types of roleplays that you and your partners bring in more characters into over time be it npcs or supporting characters, characters that take on the main roles at some times and guide the plot. It adds to the excitement, variety of interactions and creates more possibilities for plot lines. I find it so refreshing to have a type of roleplay like this as it's not just about two characters it's about a group and you're building a world and more believable setting as theirs people there.

As for genres i'm all over modern and fantasy, be it vampires, demons, angels, werewolves or anything else or just a bunch of humans. It's just something i love beyond anything else.

I like it when players take one of my ideas and make it better, seemingly without thinking.

I like it when players get invested and speculate about the world or plot.

In terms of genre and setting, that depends. I like running fantasy and horror, usually modern horror, but I enjoy playing sci-fi.

I like well-developed, internally consistent settings. Oh, and anything with a GM who clearly knows what they're doing - that's actually pretty rare.

The best RPs I've been in were fantasy and grouped based. It's amazing what can happen (good I mean) when you gather a bunch of random people together, their characters, and throw a good story/plot. Sometimes the interaction is so good and the events that happen are so unexpected, that the actual plot of the story gets changed and you end up with surprises around any and almost every corner.

I really love it when different characters connect with one another and pretty much join forces or work well together. In fighter fantasy, when done right, the fights/battles can be soo amazing! The good ones are where when you read it, you can actually see the fight happening in your head. Also, plot twist story lines... pump me up. Hands down, when everyone who is playing thinks something is gonna happen and then BAM, everyone is awestruck or dumbfounded by what the GM just pulled. I absolutely love it~ From my experience, so much creativity rises from these things. =]

I love it when everyone reads everything in the tabs and all the other character sheets.

Been stated already, but I love when people want to collaborate with me.

The best thing is when people praise my characters and ideas ( - v -

hueeehueee

But of course that's not what you're looking for lol.

I really like it when there's detailed/in-depth mechanics so players can really understand how everything works, but when they're not unnecessarily complicated. And when the rp matches the interest check.

In terms of type of rp I'm kinda all other the place. Whatever looks like it would be fun and grabs my interest, so I'm open to all the genres.

I like the ideas of fantasy aspects in a modern world, rps with plots that aren't solely character-driven, and detailed rps. But sometimes I need a break or want a simpler rp just to get a better idea of a new character concept (and how I want to play them) in a not-serious context and a casual school/orphanage/etc rp is nice.

Sorry I can't provide more info on what exactly would grab my interest.

I really like when small things about my characters or npcs are mentioned. Like for instance if my character's father is an author, one of the other characters just happens to be reading a book by him. So I like to do things like that with other people's characters too. Little connections and details like that makes my world and the rp's world go round, and it's also really nice to know that someone paid attention to your posts.

One of the best Rp's I've been in only lasted a few months but it was the closest I ever got to a complete story. We'd all get on once a night for a few hour and just do rapid fire postings of a paragraph or more. We'd get 5-6 pages or more done. It was a small sci-fi RP of only 3 people. It started out about mechs and moved to surviving an alien invasion and then just kinda branched out into space. It was amazing. The character interactions were involved and build the relation ships. There was so much angry between two of the character and mine was the mother figure always trying to break them up. At one point she got fed up and just socked one right across the jaw for being an ass! xD But there were many deeper moments where characters came to understand each other. It's where I made and developed one of my favorite characters. It made me so sad when the rp started to die cause of IRL stuff. Its the good and bad thing about small RPs. I've tried to recreate it in other RP's but it really was a one of a kind experience.

I love it when characters really start to become flesh and blood, not just an imaginary experience.

I love it when people all band together to help each other in creating the best RP, and when the weight isn't all on the GM. I really love seeing the players working together to make a RP they all enjoy, and I love it when they give each other constructive criticism and form friendships both among the characters and the players.

Contessa said:
I love it when people all band together to help each other in creating the best RP, and when the weight isn't all on the GM. I really love seeing the players working together to make a RP they all enjoy, and I love it when they give each other constructive criticism and form friendships both among the characters and the players.
I gotta agree with you on the GM and constructive criticism part. When the RP sort of takes a life on it's own and the player's themselves have gotten such a good feel for the roleplay where the GM doesn't have to be around 24/7 and can miss a day or two and come back to an RP that has made some well-founded progress.

Constructive criticism is a big one. Emphasis on the constructive part. Especially when you have new players who are new to the style RP or who have never really RP'd before. Shoot, it doesn't even hurt for veterans to take a couple of pointers depending on what it is either!

I like people who run with jokes. Like, when they get hit, they overplay it, like "HE CRASHES THROUGH SEVEN WALLS, EACH ONE MADE OF SLIGHTLY DARKER BLUE PLASTER". That kind of hamming it up is actually something I enjoy, and a much better alternative to "I dodge it and shoot you in the head for trying something so dumb." People who hate ever being the butt of the joke bother me, so I really really like it when people play along, or at least give an ample reaction to build on.

I actually like good add-ons

Take an idea and add your own influence to it, with some details and thought put into so everyone else will understand it. There are very few RPs that have done that, and very few with potential TO do that

A great example is a fantasy RP called Department of Defense Against the Supernatural, or DDAMPSEA........... or at least the earlier stages of it. It was a detective type deal. I was the head of the intelligence dept, and had to actually research the mythological creatures in question. The crime scenes were open to influence how much, or how little was found, by either explaining it directly, or sending it to the lab so other players can say what's good and what's not.

I kind of lost interest when a player ran in with a diety with a cliche goal (destroying the world for little to no reason.)

I love characters that have a goal that is mentioned in a character profile. It makes it easier for the other roleplayers to interact with said character and to flesh them out some. Everyone has a goal.

As for genres, I enjoy paranormal and dark fantasy based roleplays that have a more mature vibe to it.

Xenonia said:
I like people who run with jokes. Like, when they get hit, they overplay it, like "HE CRASHES THROUGH SEVEN WALLS, EACH ONE MADE OF SLIGHTLY DARKER BLUE PLASTER". That kind of hamming it up is actually something I enjoy, and a much better alternative to "I dodge it and shoot you in the head for trying something so dumb." People who hate ever being the butt of the joke bother me, so I really really like it when people play along, or at least give an ample reaction to build on.
Golden post. (*U*)

I've always been aware that, to an extent, roleplaying is a social event, but up until I joined RPNation, I never had access to an RPG with an active OOC thread, and I'm finding that I actually enjoy roleplaying even more when I get to know the people involved, and I'm finding that I really, really like them.

Aside from that, when the characters just... connect and start to feel more like a group of fire-forged friends than strangers. It's something my roleplays seem to be lacking recently, possibly due to the fact that so many I'm in are more focused on plot than characters.

People who follow. the. rules.

Simple as that. Also people who add just a bit more, those who go the extra mile to make their character special. People who don't give up on roleplays, if they do, they notify me. Those who PM and ask me questions to make their character and roleplaying experience better and easier.

Those people make me smile. As a GM to other GMs, you must understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back