• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Two Arranged Marriage RP Ideas

Which RP plot are you most interested in? (You may vote for both.)

• Plot 1: "Married at First Sight"

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Plot 2: "traditional" arranged marriage

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aato

Social(ly-inept) Butterfly
Hello, all!

These seem to be fairly popular, so I thought it to be about time to try re-creating my own version again. However, this time I have two different twists to the arranged marriage plot and wanted to let you all decide what you're most interested in (as I'll only be doing one for now).

The first plot is an RP I've done previously that was based on the TV show, "Married at First Sight". In this case, six people are chosen and matched based on compatibility tests, and the three new couples are legally wed and sent on a honeymoon before returning home to live together for six weeks. At the end of the six weeks, they will decide to stay married or get divorced. [Please click here for the original pitch and more info.] As an RP, I was thinking I'd do 10 people/5 couples and (for now), stick to the idea of matching them by compatibility. [If this becomes the chosen idea, I will hold a poll about preference for that.] I'll be more interested in keeping orientations even (het/non-het) as opposed to sex. This would be a group RP and I would set up events to bring all the couples together to break up some of the 1x1-ing and possibly stir up some drama.

The second plot revolves more around the traditional concept of arranged marriage in which parents/guardians have determined who you're going to marry and the families have some sort of prior connection. As an RP, this will be a little more 'open' in plot since couples start out engaged as opposed to married. It would probably be most ideal for more highly developed characters as it involves the family too. However, any level of development is likely to be welcomed as you can build upon that as you go, especially with previous relationships being established before the RP begins. I'll also likely set this up with 10 people/5 couples and match them either at random or by compatibility (there will be a vote for this). I'll be more interested in keeping orientations even (het/non-het) as opposed to sex. This would be a group RP and I would set up events to bring all the couples together to break up some of the 1x1-ing and possibly stir up some drama.

These will be a romance/drama RPs. All orientations will be welcome. Ages will be 18-30 (might shift this a little higher). I intend for this to be a casual, but semi-lit RP (minimum 2 paragraphs, 5 sentences each -- which should be fairly easy considering all you'll have to work with unless your character is antisocial, abandoned, and family-less...then you welcomed this challenge). While these plots are very similar, both RPs will have something different to offer. I'm still undecided if things will be first-come-first-serve or 'application-based' (where I choose characters most fitting).

Please vote or comment your interest [10 votes or interested comments = creating the thread]. The poll is open for 5 days. If you have any other questions/comments/concerns or suggestions, let me know via message or post and I'll answer you as soon as possible. (Please keep in mind that if you only vote in the poll, I don't know who you are, so I can't tag you as interested!)

Thanks everyone!

Aato*^

EDIT:
Thanks to everyone who has left posts. I've re-opened the poll for 3 days. [Might do another opening depending on if it gets where it needs to be, but I have stuff going on in life that may soon affect my internet access. So, 'til then... 3 days!]

EDIT:
Essentially, plot 1: Married at First Sight has won. However, I'm going to let the poll finish and take into account new interest comments until it ends (which means things have a chance to turn). I've shortened the poll from 3 days to 2 (so today is the last day and it will close tomorrow morning instead of Thu morning).

Last edited:
I just voted for both because I like both ideas, but if I HAD to pick one it would be the first!

I love both but if I had to choose it would be the first XD however these next two weeks are going to be my busiest becaus3 of finals but I'll still attempt to be involved with this :)

UPDATE:
According to the poll, results are 11-8, and 10-8 based on interest comments... So, at this point, plot 1 (MAFS) would win, but I'm going to go ahead and let the poll finish out and count interest comments up to that point. However, I did shorten the poll to 2 days (1 day left).

EDIT (as of 8:38 AM): Poll: 12-11 ; comments: 10-8. It's really close. Poll is open 'til 11:39 AM and the results at that time will be final. Thanks everyone for your time! :D -- If the plot you wanted loses, don't fret. I'll likely create it in the future (probably once the winning plot dies) and hold a new interest check that I'll tag you in based on responses to this thread.

Last edited:
I love both but if I had to choose it would be the first XD however these next two weeks are going to be my busiest becaus3 of finals but I'll still attempt to be involved with this :)

I'll probably create it today, but It's gonna be a little while before the RP starts. I'll likely give a 5-7 day window for everyone to finish character forms, and even I'll have some downtime coming up myself with moving. So, no worries. Conquer those finals! :D

Everyone who explicitly stated any interest in the MAFS plot is tagged. (However, anyone else is still welcome to join.) avira avira ; Xylona Xylona ; JustAlexandra JustAlexandra ; Cychotic Cychotic ; kou kou ; MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx ; . D O V E . D O V E ; Bhlow Bhlow ; AviouslyPTX AviouslyPTX ; Bellz Bellz

The character thread is up!
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/mafs-again-characters.329564/

I'm working on the rest of the pages and will hyperlink those at the top of the charrie page. EDIT: I've decided that I'll post the actual RP thread come time to start. In the meantime, the OCC has been created and hyperlinked.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back