• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Twisted Adventures: Disorder and Gob Snot

Characters
Here
Other
Here
Kaeda Stillwater
Interacting: Nobody_ Nobody_

"Greetings! I believe I have located your misplaced belongings!"

Such few words were enough to completely shift the events taking place, it acting as a devastating butterfly effect to the environment around him. He had interfered with the food chain at a very key moment, sending everything into a collapsing heap of misfortune. The snap of the bow cracked through the air as the built tension in the female’s body released in one go, sending the nocked arrow flying through the air. It spiraled through the open space between her and the prey animal before landing just left of the creature. Given such suddenness of a voice amongst the previously unoccupied forest, her aim had strayed from its course in the unanticipated release. The hunting instrument was sent straight into the underbrush, causing two black eyes to shoot upwards and stare at her. The deer’s moment of peaceful grazing had passed, its ears now twitching as it was alerted to the danger it was in. And within the next half breath, it was gone, darting through the trees.

Unwilling to let a perfectly fine meal escape them, the female elf whipped around, retrieving another arrow from the quiver upon her back. Without much time to prepare her shot, she sent forth the arrow, desperately hoping it would find its target. A miss. Another arrow. And yet again, another miss. Before she knew it, the animal had bolted out of sight, leaving the pair of elves with nothing more than the crashing of it escaping through the trees. Silence enveloped them as it escaped, she lowering the hunting bow for the briefest of moments before picking it back up with an arrow nocked, pointing it in the direction of the stranger. Her eyes gleamed with fury at the male elf, sending the arrow flying his way without a secondary thought. He had cost her a meal. Uncaring as to whether or not the arrow struck and killed the fool, the female elf stomped off in the direction they had shot, in an attempt to relocate their shot arrows.

Name: Prince Ianneros Leoris Sylemnar von Eldenstein III of Sylmyar
Interacting: TheCrowKing TheCrowKing

The fellow elf he encountered tensed quickly, as he had appeared to have startled her. His own steps having been passively silent amongst the undergrowth, led both by instinct of this being the domain of his kind as well as training ingrained to remain light on one's feet at all times. You never know when danger may strike. Danger like a sudden arrow soaring your way.

This is another one of those tricks that make a great show in bars. Bottles, darts, arrows, throwing-axes, or whatever else a patron may have on hand have found itself heading his way for a variety of reasons. Sometimes upon request or a bet... other times via unintentional provocation. Regardless of reason, the trick proved a hit among the other patrons, and often was talked about through the night or asked to be repeated over and over.

In one simultaneous motion, Ian's head moved to the side while his free hand snapped up from his side. He now held the arrow between his index and middle fingers, the weapon itself now where his face once was. Moving, the arrow in front of him, he returned to a straight posture and twirled the arrow idly in his hand, still hoisting the Kusarigama hooked bag in the other.

"Well... Hello to you as well."
He formed a wide grin awaiting some shock and awe.

Instead the elf turned around away from him dismissively, and begun to walk away. Ian followed step for step, maintaining their distance but not closing it, while continuing to talk.

"It now appears I have two of your things. Well, there are more things in the bag... So I have many of your things? It is of no matter."

She begun recovering her other arrows, perhaps from some morning target practice. No targets were in sight however, and given that the shit towards him flew flawlessly, he found it surprising she missed so many times had she been aiming for the trees.

"I assure you I mean no harm, just merely returning your belongings you appear to have lost. This is your bag correct? I suppose if not I can carry it to the local authorities in the next town for safekeeping."

Kaeda Stillwater

Whatever reaction he was awaiting for his silly performance never came, the female elf’s back turned away from him as she trudged off into the undergrowth. Retrieving the arrows would certainly prove to be a task, given she had shot so wildly. They could be anywhere within the bushes before her and it wasn’t as though she could simply disregard them, given she had very few left. It would be a long, tedious task, but what else was she to do?Kneeling amongst the vegetation, they’d begin their long task of searching

It wasn’t long before they had managed to find one of the arrows, it having struck the ground in a horizontal fashion, digging itself into the earth. It had taken them a long time to craft these arrows and here they were, strown about in the forest without so much as a rabbit in exchange. The thought only made their temper boil, the arrow in their hands nearly snapping as they could barely contain themselves. If only the arrow were his neck. Speaking of-

Briefly rising from their knelt position upon the damp ground, the female elf glared back at him, ocean eyes full of fury. Why was he still here? Huffing within the bush, they took a moment to themselves, attempting to gather their words, or rather trying to summon forth a voice that hadn’t spoken in some time.

“This is your fault! You startled the deer off!” They spat, coming up from the bush with twigs sticking throughout their red hair. In their hand was the singular arrow, pointing accusingly in their direction. “Now I have nothing to eat because of you.” And boy where they pissed about it. “Explain yourself. Go on, do it.” Arms crossing over their chest, they awaited an answer until their gaze fell upon their bag hanging limply from their weapon and paled.

“You! You went through my things?!” Without waiting their reply, the elf tore herself from the bush, stomping forward in attempt to snatch at the bag he held up. With her now upclose to him, she was considerably shorter than your standard wood elf. Nothing drastic, but it was enough to have her fumbling to reach. “Give it back! You have no right to take things that don’t belong to you, you stupid elf! Who do you think you are.” In the hesitation of giving the bag back, she would throw a light punch at his side to get him to drop it.

Last edited:
Name: Prince Ianneros Leoris Sylemnar von Eldenstein III of Sylmyar

It did not take long before finally she spoke back to him. However instead of gracious thanks for recovering her belongings, his advance was instead met with more hostility.
Mny questions were asked in quick succession, one starting immediately from the last, interrupting each time he went to answer. Until it landed on one final question with her reaching for the bag.

Who does he think he is?

Finally! An ability to insert a proper introduction!

He lowered the bag immediately on her approach, and subsequent protest at his lack of urgency, allowing her to take it. Ian then took a step back, running his hands up through his hair, utilizing a quick cast of Thaumaturgy as he did so to leave sparkles in his hands wake that bounced around him as he spoke.
"Surely as my fellow kin you recognize me?! It is I--- THE Prince Ianneros Leoris Sylemnar von Eldenstein III of Sylmyar!"

He ended the introduction with a slight bow, utilizing Thaumaturgy again to cause a slight billow along the sleeves and bottom hem of his robes.

"While I apologize for mistakenly scaring off your quarry, I assure you I did not pilfer through your belongings. I know not what lies within aside from what is visible from a distance."

This is his chance, an in to get out of the woods. Not to mention, it had been quite some time since he had last interacted with anyone of his kind since they seldom traveled far from their home-wood.

He flipped the arrow around, tail end towards the female elf, offering it as well.

"To apologize for my earlier infraction, I would be honored to treat you to a meal at one of the local taverns nearby. I ask only two things in return: to know your name, and for you to lead to a destination of choice."

Kaeda Stillwater

A throb of panic shot through the female’s core, she immediately snatching away the bag to inspect the contents inside. A stranger had gone out of their way to grab it in an otherwise empty forest, of course she was going to check it for all of her belongings. Taking several moments to rifle through the interior, she began to check off each item one by one, knowing exactly what had been inside down to a T.

Everything is still inside, see? Breathe.

I bet he’s a liar. Double check it.

The wave of initial panic slowly began to subside as she clutched the bag to her chest, holding it tightly as though he might go ahead and take it afterall. She offered a wary gaze at the stranger, following his odd hand movements as he began to flaunt. The sparkled performance was lost on her, she still staring at him with weary, confused eyes.

A prince…?

He’s delusional. Why would a prince be out wandering the forest? Especially without any guards or court with him?

Maybe he’s telling the truth though?

And you want to take the chance and believe him?

Well. He seems fine. And she knows how to fend for herself.

Brows scrunching up as the internal voices continued their bickering, the redhead stared him down hard in the eyes, gauging whether or not he was telling the truth. While the host creature had researched elven heritage upon uptaking the wood elf’s persona, they hadn’t spent time in searching up elven royalty. They hadn't seen the topic to be particularly worth reading into, given that they spent most their time by themselves.

Still rather uncertain of the man, she gingerly plucked the arrow from his fingers, returning it to it's rightful place amongst her quiver. "I'm not from around here." She ultimately muttered, it true in a sense. "I cannot say I'm familiar with your name or face." She'd nod once, satisfied she had dodged that uncomfortable set of questions that were to follow. Now, there is one interesting thing he had said that caught her attention.

Hell, if he really is a prince, just think of how much we can rack up his tab at the tavern! We'd be so full we wouldn't have to eat for a week!

Well, certainly not that much but…we are hungry…

Just as the thought crossed her mind, her empty stomach rolled in protest, sending her through a brief moment of feeling ill. "Fine, Mr. Prince. I can take you up on that offer, but you also owe me arrows as well, considering you made me lose several." Her hand outstretched, albeit she was wondering just what she was getting into with this one. "The tavern isn't far from here, less than an hour, tops. My name though, is Kaeda Stillwater."

Prince Ianneros Leoris Sylemnar von Eldenstein III of Sylmyar

Ian observed the conflict on Kaeda's eyes. Not exactly the reaction he was hoping for, but not uncommon all the same. In truth, the Kingdom of Sylmyar is relatively small compared to other elven settlements. Knowledge of it across the land's is even further reduced by how isolated they tend to be, only engaging in trade for necessities they could not produce themselves, and political affairs of only the upmost import should they arrive.

It would be of not matter, as soon enough the doubt faded from her eyes and was replaced by a slight wince of pain. The rumble that ensued was loud enough for Ian himself to pick up. An outstretched hand was followed by what he had been hoping for: a way out of these damn woods. He did not recognize her family name, which checked out with her statement of not being from or knowledgeable of the Sylmyar Kingdom.

He took her hand, and with a gentle yet postured handshake sealed their verbal agreement.

"Wonderfully well met Kaeda! I assure you that should not be a problem, as long as there is a Fletcher in this nearby town. I myself never took a fancy to the craft" (which would be, very, off for Wood Elf of this world).

Ian lowered his hand from Kaeda to retrieve his wine skin. Now that a destination to refill it was in their near future, there was no need to fill back as he drained a hearty amount of it's remains while Kaeda readied herself.

"As we walk, there will have plenty of time for me to tell you all about the wonderful Kingdom of Sylmyar, as well as it's magnificent Prince. At least the surface that is, it would take hours more to get in to the details of my exploits. That I am sure we can start digging in to over our meals.
---
Please do lead the way then!"

A: Follow this adorable, oddly dressed canine who just murder a plant in front of you.
Curtis groaned as he hobbled his way up the hill, hand clenching his stomach. Upon reaching the top, his eyes fell upon what could be described as an all out battle between the dogs and plants. The sounds of war grew louder as he approached, the barking and yelping of the dogs clashing with the air slashing whips of vines going at one another. It gave Curtis a slight headache, his hand moving from his stomach to his temple.

Suddenly a ball of sentient vines lunged towards his side with vicious intent. Before he could react, a small furry friend came to his aid, jaws clenching on one of the vines tendrils, and shaking his head back and forth, flinging the plant monster around like a chew toy. He locked eyes with the small puppy, and the uniformed dog spat the vine out at his feet, green blood(?) dripping from its jaw. He looked oddly cute, like he was awaiting orders from his owner.

"Well aren't you the cutest little vicious thing." Curtis said in a slightly higher pitched tone as he addressed his new companion. The puppy let out a bark, which made Curtis wince a bit at the sudden sound, still suffering from a headache. The canine then turned and pointed his paw at what appeared to be a base camp in the distance. Curtis let out a small snort, the silliness of the situation now settling in.
"Sure thing, lead the way little guy."

The dog then took off, barking excitedly as he ran, looking back occasionally to make sure he was being followed. Curtis couldn't help smiling to himself, enjoying seeing the energetic little puppy scamper off. After stumbling a bit, he took a swift swig of his flask before giving chase again. His stomach groaned again on the way, his hand returning to clench his side.

Kaeda Stillwater

A firm shake of the hand settled the deal between the pair, the redheaded female pulling away with the beginnings of a smirk. “No? Being a prince, I’d figure you’d have to be good at near enough everything. Isn’t that the whole shtick?” She snorted, plucking the one arrow from between his fingers to return it amongst her quiver where it belonged. While she wasn’t the greatest at making arrows either, she had managed to make some good enough to get the job done. And for that, she was at least a little bit proud. Afterall, she hadn’t had anyone help her in the slightest, merely observation and trial and error.

Maybe he’s incompetent. That’s why he’s out wandering the woods instead of sitting on his posh throne.

Hush. You don’t know how to make them either.

I didn’t need to, never used them.

Correct. Neither you nor him appear to use a bow, so why would he be knowledgeable about a weapon he doesn’t ever intend upon using?

Exactly, so quieten down and let her go about her business.

The conversation was enough to make her scalp prickle as the two continued to bicker, she having to turn a deaf ear to the both of them to listen to the princely elf speak. “I suppose you’ll have to tell me all about it on the way there and such.” In truth she wasn’t too excited to listen but knew it was vital, given that she should know about the wood elves of this area if she was to be wandering about the nearby woods. Information was something certainly important.

Gathering the last bit of her gear, giving the interior of the bag one more sweep over, she hoisted it upon her shoulders. With that, the quiver, and the bow, she hadn’t anymore to pack up for the hour or so journey towards the outskirts of the last town. “Alright. I think that’s it, give or take an arrow.” She dismissively waved in the direction she had shot, allowing those arrows to be claimed by the forest. “Like I said, I’d give it an hour before we get to a tavern right on the outskirts of town. I walked past it a few days ago on the way into the woods, never went in but it looked decent. Hadn’t had the money to check it out for myself.” Fortunately enough for her, she didn’t need any now. With that, she set off in the complete opposite direction the prince had been heading.

Like she had said to him before heading out, it had taken nearly an hour to arrive. Albeit, it was a considerably long one for her with the lengthy spew of information the male elf had been spouting off. She hadn’t the faintest clue of how much would actually stick in mind. At this point though, she didn’t care too much as they soon enough stumbled upon the establishment, the lights from the interior inviting them inside. It didn't look like much, but it was the first one that had come to mind and wherever there was food was fine with her

”Here we are!” She exclaimed, stepping free from the brush and beginning to walk towards the front door.

Anziium Aravyre
Interacting: RitualDeadlyf RitualDeadlyf (Mimi)

The most foul chill would follow the direction of the lick up his neck, his very breath catching in his throat at the sensation. Anziium didn’t let out a single peep of a noise despite the building horror in his eyes. He most certainly didn’t like any form of touch, but even moreso someone or something touching upon his back or neck. Whatever had just happened certainly crossed that boundary.

Surprise transitioning into rage, he tugged at the shortsword upon his hip, whirling around to point it at whomever had touched him with their slimy, cold…hand? Sword brandished, he half expected to see some large brute behind him but was most certainly met with something quite different. His eyes once again widened into large disks as he was met face to face with the very much so alive questboard. The weapon would fall from his grasp, clattering upon the wooden floor below as he gawked at the malicious creature. “Oh..” He squeaked out, legs frozen in place, lest he had hightailed it away from the beast.

Interacting: TheCrowKing TheCrowKing RitualDeadlyf RitualDeadlyf (Tagging in case an NPC may react to the scene below)

Ian obliged to Kaeda's need for information, fully unaware of her discontent as she endured the rambling. His second favorite thing to talk about was his homeland; the first of course being himself and his own exploits, with the third being the finer details of wine flavor profiles. He did not nearly have enough time to enter either of these though as the tavern appeared before them from the edge of the wood.

Not exactly a town, but being back on the main road was a much better start from where he was, and surely he could subtly get any additional directions he needed from someone within. With this being along the highway too, it surely sees no shortage of far traveler. Instances like this are best to help get his name around, hopefully to where it will more often precede his arrival in new towns. Time to make a mark.

"Please, after y-"
He had dipped an arm towards the door, but his dinner companion had already begun walking toward the entrance before Ian could even offer.
"Allow me but a breath of a moment, I will be in near immediately then. Oh! And do mind that you take a step or two from the door."

Ian stood by, while Kaeda entered the establishment. With no witnesses, a sudden frown and flash of worry took over his expression. A shaking hand fumbled for the wine-skin, draining the remainder in one mouthful. The apprehension was swallowed with it, and he spun on his heels toward the door, a cheery expression back in full swing. A final self-assuring whisper - - show-time - - as he placed one hand on the door.

A few quick hand motions set in to effect a few cosmetic effects: sparkles falling from around his frame as well as the slight billow to his robes as before from when he introduced himself to Kaeda, but this time including the call of a regal trumpet originating from behind him.
He flung the door open at the trumpets call, and allowed just a moment for eyes to fall on him and the loud entry as he surveyed the interior with one smooth sweep of the head. Quite a few odd faces, and even more at play than he had time to digest in mere seconds. He could not let any of his own shock impact the moment.
He spoke loud above any remaining discourse in the crowd:
"Greetings Travelers! I, Prince Ianneros Leoris Sylemnar von Eldenstein III of Sylmyar have arrived to grace this establishment. Please prepare a seat for two; myself and my guest Kaeda Stillwater. We will start with two glasses of your finest wine, and your most popular appetizer."

Curtis groaned as he hobbled his way up the hill, hand clenching his stomach. Upon reaching the top, his eyes fell upon what could be described as an all out battle between the dogs and plants. The sounds of war grew louder as he approached, the barking and yelping of the dogs clashing with the air slashing whips of vines going at one another. It gave Curtis a slight headache, his hand moving from his stomach to his temple.

Suddenly a ball of sentient vines lunged towards his side with vicious intent. Before he could react, a small furry friend came to his aid, jaws clenching on one of the vines tendrils, and shaking his head back and forth, flinging the plant monster around like a chew toy. He locked eyes with the small puppy, and the uniformed dog spat the vine out at his feet, green blood(?) dripping from its jaw. He looked oddly cute, like he was awaiting orders from his owner.

"Well aren't you the cutest little vicious thing." Curtis said in a slightly higher pitched tone as he addressed his new companion. The puppy let out a bark, which made Curtis wince a bit at the sudden sound, still suffering from a headache. The canine then turned and pointed his paw at what appeared to be a base camp in the distance. Curtis let out a small snort, the silliness of the situation now settling in.
"Sure thing, lead the way little guy."

The dog then took off, barking excitedly as he ran, looking back occasionally to make sure he was being followed. Curtis couldn't help smiling to himself, enjoying seeing the energetic little puppy scamper off. After stumbling a bit, he took a swift swig of his flask before giving chase again. His stomach groaned again on the way, his hand returning to clench his side.
The heroic white pooch led Curtis into their base that wasn't far from the action, a medium sized building that had the shape of a pentagon. The building was clearly built in a primative way, like hardened clay, stone, wood and a had strange scent similar to manure. There were barricades all around this building and seemed to only matter to important structures while others were left out in the open, it was an unorganized mess. The white pooch barked towards some fierce looking canines who stood guard of the door which resulted them in letting the two of you in.

1681990192571.pngUpon entering, there was very little light to guide you but you are able to listen to the footsteps of the dog and whatever light there was, reflected off the white coat of the dog. The hall seemed to go on forever, its interior structure hardly resembling the outside like some sort of magical gate. After some time and passing some eerie doors, you manage to reach a room that opened up with a tall ceiling. It's shape similar to that of the exterior pentagon. There are some canines that looked like they have seen their fair share of time on the battlefield. One in particular stood out who was the center of their attention prior to you entering.

German Shepard mix of some sort, with a metal plate covering a portion of their right side of the skull. The dog looked grim and sniffed the air at your arrival. Some odd sense of silent communication among the canines, the leader sat briefly, scratching at his collar causing a small green light to appear. The collar was some sort of communicator.

"It has been a long time since I have seen a human, or something that resembles one." The dog said wearily. "My name is Sarg, I am the leader of this encampment. Twinkie here tells me you have appeared from beyond the hill."

Sarg approached Curtis but noticed he was unwell. Curtis began to feel a cold sweat and the shivers resulting from the withdrawal of the Skooma. The scent of the Skooma caused Sarg to give a low growl.

"You smell sweet, like those green fiends out there. Either you be friend or foe, I do not know. I will give you a choice. We are looking to end this war that is killing our brothers in arms and in order to do so, we must eliminate their Queen. You will either assist us or we will give you a running head start to your death. So, what will it be?"

Behind Sarg, there is a large screen - highly unfitting for their primative design prior - that showed a woman with some key details.

1679336216522.jpg
Queen of Levara
Commands all of fae plants
Poisonous, Inedible, Scent of Sugar Water
Weak to Fire, 'Yellow Water'​

A. Agree to help the canines to put a end to this war, and kill the Queen.
  • Roll a 1, 3, 6, or 9 to be given something to cure your withdrawal from their medic unit. (D10)
B. Suggest other methods to putting an end to the war. (Will not mean it will work.)
  • Roll a 2, 4, 6, 8, or 10 for your method to be approved by the canine council. (D10)
C. Disagree and run for your life, heading into the forest to barter with the Queen.
  • Roll a 1 , 4 , 7, or 10 to successfully flee. (D10)
Ailments Curtis is suffering from a minor stomach ache.
Curtis is suffering from withdrawal of the Skooma for 3 Turns.

BeegYoshi BeegYoshi

TheCrowKing TheCrowKing (Anzii)

The mimic let out a sort of heckle or laugh that seemed rather unfitting. With a telepathic whisper - "You dropped sss-omething. You should pick it up." The voice was hard to distinguish between genders, though it was clearly sinister. Its big eyes stared straight into yours as if waiting for you to make a move.

A. Abandon your weapon and leave.
B. Shout for help.
C. Quietly await for assistance while having a stare down, ensuring no one or nothing makes a move.
D. Pick up your weapon.

Last edited:
Kaeda Stillwater
Interacting: RitualDeadlyf RitualDeadlyf Nobody_ Nobody_

As she began to approach the tavern, the scent of freshly cooked meals wafted upon the air, stirring up the grumbling of her stomach once more. Breathing in heavily, she could almost taste the warm breads and thick soup that lie just beyond that door. A curious glance was cast behind her to ensure that her dinner ticket was still following to keep his promise of feeding her. There was a bit more pep in her step as she saw he was still there, she making her way up the few, short steps of the tavern’s deck in a hurry.

Reaching out towards the knob of the door, she glanced back at him with a bit of a hardened glare as he told her to go in first, without him. “You better keep your promise.” For some reason or another she felt as though she was going to enter, only to be left awaiting him and he to have left in a hurry now that they were out of the woods. There wasn’t too much she could do if he ultimately decided to bail, but she was hoping that wouldn’t come to fruition. Heaving a worrisome sigh, Kaeda pushed upon the door to the tavern, immediately met by the hustle and bustle of the occupants. She hadn’t been in such a place in a long time, it almost immediately setting her on edge by having so many people around. Her hand strayed to the dagger sheathed upon her upper thigh, almost wishing to hold it tight to comfort herself if something were to happen.

As she was contemplating unsheathing it for her own comfort, a small being floated into view, gesturing for her to take some paper. The suddenness of it did startle her a bit, but what really got her was the poor condition the pixie was in. A bit of bile rose in her throat as her eyes darted from the underbite to the lifeless eyes, something of an annoying, albeit muted string of obscenities buzzing in the back of her mind. Her mouth opened and closed briefly as she attempted to summon her words as she awkwardly took the paper. “Are-”

Whatever she was about to ask was cut short by the slamming open of the tavern’s doors, revealing the prince she had just met in the woods. Much like he had attempted to impress her, he had went and done it again, this time taking it up a notch with the sounding of trumpants. Was he doing it this time or had he found his court? Was this all apart of some joke on her?

Bloody red in the face and ears, she stood there with her mouth agape, paper crinkling in her hands. A colossal wave of embarrassment rushed over her, she hiding her face behind the cover of her free hand.

Why..? Why the hell did he go and do that to make a scene?! How EMBARRASSING!

You think that was embarrassing? We’re going to have to sit with him now. Are we sure we’re hungry enough to go do that?

I’m beginning to think we might live another night without a meal…

Glancing about the tavern, catching all the staring eyes, Kaeda took a few steps back to go find the furthest possible table away from her traveling ‘companion’. As soon as she made it to the table, her face immediately found its way upon the tabletop, a soft groan of discomfort sounding from her. Her ears stood out from her waves of vibrant hair, so flushed with embarrassment, one might think that’s where all her blood rushed to.

I should have left him in the forest-

Anziium Aravyre
Interacting: RitualDeadlyf RitualDeadlyf
Mentions: Caligena Caligena

The tiefling brother might as well have been a petrified statuette with how stiff his body was. He’d only come over to view the quests the damned barmaid was forcing them to undergo, not expecting a monster in place of the questboard! As loud as his heart was fluttering in his chest, the creature probably could hear it, knowing just how afraid he truly was. Never in his travels had he ever come across a mimic. Had he read about them? Sure. That was nothing compared to being face to face with one. What made it so much worse was the fact that it spoke to him. Goosebumps erupted across his grey skin as it spoke within his mind, Anziium shaking his head in an attempt to make it cease from doing so again.

“I-” He fumbled, not certain what to do literally standing face to face with a mimic. It was sure to eat him regardless of what he did. Flee, fight, call for aid, it wouldn’t matter in the long run. Swallowing heavily, he kept his gaze locked with the beast whilst his prehensile, blade tail swept low against the floor, searching for the weapon. If he was going to get eaten, at least he’d give the blasted thing a few cuts in the mouth. Is anyone else even seeing this? How is this okay?? Where the hell is Fara!?

Helewys deGrey
Interacting with: Fawke ThAtGuY101 ThAtGuY101 Anzi TheCrowKing TheCrowKing Mimi RitualDeadlyf RitualDeadlyf
Mentioning: Faralynn Caligena Caligena Jane rakshasa rakshasa Milly Gravedigger Gravedigger

Watching the interactions all around them, even those they weren’t particularly involved with, loosened some of the tension tightening Helewys’ shoulders. Despite the potential danger of the situation they’d all found themselves in and the oddity of such different types of people – from seemingly such differing places – being thrown together with no warning, most everyone so far had been tolerable if not outright nice. It would certainly making working together to complete these ‘quests’ the innkeeper had tasked them with much easier if they could all cooperate.

“Potions and alchemy can be very useful. It seems like we’re in the same wheelhouse – I’ve got plenty of experience with healing as well but a good bit less with anything offensive.”
Helewys looked down at the much smaller elf with interest, a thoughtful look lighting their eyes. “I’m not familiar with blood magic specifically, maybe it is a regional thing? I use biomancy myself. I agree it would be interesting to trade notes when we have a bit a free time, see how different our magics might be.”

With the tiefling woman walking off after her brief introduction to speak to another table and their own odd little grouping starting to stir themselves to action, Helewys didn’t wait around much longer. It seemed like the quest board was the next logical step and they were too tired and sore to sit still if they wanted to keep moving.

Pushing away from the table they stood up straight with a crackling stretch, they smiled a bit at Jane’s cheery attitude and started off ahead of the others. As they turned away the smile sharpen with quiet laughter as the very tall woman rounded up the excitable Milly with little more than a few words.

The area near the quest board was fairly busy with people milling about here and there and new people arriving but most, probably having witnessed the same spectacle Ankerita mentioned earlier, kept a good bit of distance between themselves and the board. The same could not be said of the man the tiefling woman – Fara she’d said? - had pointed out as her brother.

He was staring the quest board right in the face. And it looked hungry. Although maybe that was just its face?

As little as they wanted to get close to the thing themself, there was no one else moving to help and they’d be damned if they just stood around and watched him be eaten. Shouldering past an onlooker they grabbed hold of his arm and yanked him further back from the quest board, more concerned with distance than niceties.

“Don’t you know that thing eats people?” A bit of a redundant question now they were sure but Helewys was a bit too nervous that they might still be in the things range to come up with something more fitting.

Nobody_ Nobody_
At your sudden show-stopping appearance, the crowd went into a silence giving a quick glance at you. Eyes full of annoyance, hate and fear all on you - good Prince.

From the distance you hear someone shouting, "We're saved, we're saved!" as some scuffling was heard coming from the crowd. Their tone was panicked and coarse is if they were just punched in the throat. After a moment of silence, the scuffling made your way as a red hat bard came flying out to your feet. You could hear them nearly crying. The bard bowed to your feet and perhaps even kissed them before looking up towards you with watery eyes. "We're sa-" the bard froze at your sight.

1681316649270.png"You are not Prince Shinklheimer. I don't understand, did he pass?" The bard clearly did not hear your name at your initial appearance.

Before long, Kaeda ( TheCrowKing TheCrowKing ) is greeted by a hideous, green pixie. Their teeth crooked, rotted and stuck out with an underbite looking at you with lifeless, black eyes. In a whisper -
"Welcome to the Twisted Inn. Please fill out this survey on how you found us and a signature." the pixie looked towards the other newer guest and slowly floated towards them, just behind the bard.

[To your surprise, the survey filled out on its own with a little focus and your thoughts. But, if you tried to throw the paper to the side, it would stick to your hand similar to a glue trap.]

The bard jumped up readjusting his instrument. "We're doomed! We're fu@*ing doomed! We are all going to die!" The sudden outburst caused the pixie to jump and just give the look of, this guys is nuts, before swooping by to the new guest and inserting a piece of paper. "He'll probably get to it later." the pixie thought.

However, the bard collapsed from exhaustion, laid there by your feet in agony and in rapid tears.

You are given one chance to interact with the barmaid before she becomes unavailable until the second round.

17-20 You're able to appraoch the barmaiden without distraction.
10-16 You have to fight a crowd to get to the woman.
4-9 You're unable to make your way to her, and as a result, are pushed down by a drunk. You suffer a small injury (scraped knee, will sting occasionally but manageable).
1-3 You're unable to approach and decide to do something else.

Nobody_ Nobody_
Pay attention to this paper that you have not signed yet. Either you acknowledge it or you don't. Both have consequences.

Last edited:
:bishiesparklesr:Faralynn:bishiesparklesl:
Faralynn Aravyre.jpg
Interacting with Anzi TheCrowKing TheCrowKing and Hel sraes sraes
Mentioning: Haelga and Mimi RitualDeadlyf RitualDeadlyf
Location: Twisted Inn - Haelga's table to Just Outside Of Mimi's Reach

Fara was not one intimidated by height or physique (and often time quite the opposite), but she did look absolutely crestfallen at the rejection of handshake and/or help after all her previous bravado. However, when Haelga of the Koji tribe mentioned something about revealing a trick to the mimic, she perked back up somewhat, like a candle that had been blown at but not extinguished. Wait huh? Lack of honesty with myself? She scrunched up her face in mild confusion before clearing it to listen to the mountain of a woman.

Finally, some actually helpful information, and one that was well within her ballpark to use, no less. Fire, of all things, is what kept the beast at bay. That sure was a relief to know that she and her brother would be able to navigate the quest board area safely. But... only when... Fara... was there oh gods Anzi's over there alone! Terror once again gripping her, she gave a brief thanks to the oni lady before dashing over to where she had left her brother, alone and defenseless against the monster. While she was one renowned for her gifts of flame, this was one field where her brother was ill-prepared in, having studied """more useful arcanum for civilized life""".

Skidding to a stop in a small gap in the crowd, she tried to spot Anzi, only finally locking eyes on him to see he was alarmingly close to the mimic, who was now giving a cruel and wicked grin. The sun elf from earlier abruptly yanked him from the board's reach, thank the divines. Quickly skirting around the handful of people and a table to reach the pair, she arrive to them panting from the sprint. "Anzi, oh gods are you okay? I'm so sorry I shouldn't have let you go alone, I thought you knew about the quest board," she wheezed before turning to the elf. Politely and with more strength than seemed, she removed their hand from her brother's shoulder, grasping it in both hands momentarily, lest Anzi lash out at his rescuer on impulse. "Thank you so much! I didn't think he would get that close. Like I said before, I'm Faralynn Aravyre and this is my brother Anziium. I am in your debt." Releasing the Weaver's hand, she dipped into a quick curtsy with one hand, and whipping up a handball-sized blossom of flame in the other - towards the quest board, whom she shot a lethal side-eye at while her head was stooped.

Anziium Aravyre
Interacting: sraes sraes Caligena Caligena

The tiefling’s stare was so intensely focused upon matching that of the mimic’s that sweat had begun to bead up along his skin. His body was still rigid, awaiting the beast to attempt to snatch him up with what he now could only assume to have been its tongue upon his neck earlier. All the while, his tail had flicked to and fro, searching the floorboards nearest his feet for that damned sword. It wasn’t often that he would use said appendage and thus left it lacking in any real strength or directional sense. It was truly a pitifully, ridiculous sight, but he was frozen on the spot, breath quickening with each passing second.

Before his bladed appendage could even seek the sword below, a firm series of yanks would release him from his petrified state. One might have thought it would be his sister to have come to his aid first and foremost, but alas, whatever hope he had in her was shattered in that moment. The voice that spoke most certainly wasn’t hers. Anziium wouldn’t dare look at his rescuer, not until they had put several feet between the mimic and themselves. Stare broken once far enough away, he brought his gaze towards the sun elf, not even lashing out at their touch as they fumbled for words. The tiefling seemed lost, perhaps even confused where he was at the moment.

That expression wouldn’t last long as his sibling soon found her way over. Instead, it would shift into anger, rage even as his teeth ground together with the beginnings of a low hiss. His hands curled into fists at his side until she was at his side, giving thanks to this strange as though he were a wandering infant that had gotten into some mischief. A hand shot up to point an accusatory finger in her face, "You have no right to be worried!” He spat, his voice lowering to a chilling tone. “You allowed me to approach that board without so much as giving me a warning!! Of course I didn’t know about the damned thing, I’ve been too busy attempting to pull together some information while you’re what?! Did you manage to accomplish anything whilst I was nearly eaten? Or were you prancing around, playing like you always do?” His words stung upon her skin, like little pin-pricks along her flesh as he insultedt her, his anger getting the best of him and tapping into his magic.

“Stay here and play around but I’m not sticking around in this blasted tavern. I know how much you love to disappear to otherwordly planes, anyway. Have your fun here.” Casting a snarl her way, knowing full and well he was touching a sore spot, Anziium whipped back around to face the sun elf, now completely ignoring his sister.

“Thank you…and to answer your question, no. I hadn’t the faintest clue about the quest board. I was merely looking over the quests to get a headstart on leaving this tavern. I was hoping my sister was doing something useful in the meantime, but it doesn’t appear that way. She’s not very good at being self-sufficient.”

Kaeda Stillwater
Interacting: RitualDeadlyf RitualDeadlyf
Mentions: Nobody_ Nobody_

It seemed as though despite her best efforts to separate herself from the flashy wood-elf royalty, someone had chosen to approach her anyway. Without lifting her head from the table, she mumbled softly at the individual that had decided to approach. “I’m so sorry about him. I don’t even know him that well, I swear. He was wandering around the woods, obviously lost and-” Sensing them hanging around, she lifted her head, hair a bit ruffled from attempting to cover her ears from the scene Ian had made upon his arrival. Instead of someone coming to complain, it was actually the pixie once again.

“Oh, I apologize. I had thought you were coming to strike up a complaint about uh…him.” She nodded towards the royal fool in the doorway, finally resting her cheek in her palm to partially hide her flustered face. Realizing she had never taken the paper from the pixie to begin with, she offhandedly thanked her as she took it, lying it flat upon the table to read it. Before she could ask for ink and a quill, she was already gone, left to ponder over the survey before her.

Not certain what she was supposed to do without some sort of writing utensil, she flipped the paper over once or twice, the second or so time noticing that words began to form upon the paper with the simplest of thought. A bit of a confused look graced her face, only briefly before she touched the paper again, watching her own words flow across the page. ‘Some guy claiming to be a prince made me lose my prey in the forest and offered to feed me dinner.’

“That’s pretty much it.”
She snorted, gaze flicking down to the bottom of the paper where a signature line awaited a name. Her brows scrunched together, the line remaining blank as she frowned.

Well that’s a tough one. What are you going to put?

I don’t know. Can’t I just…write it anonymously? They don’t need to know.

Unfortunately for her, as she attempted to slide the paper away, sickened by the question, it stuck thoroughly to her palm.

Interacting: TheCrowKing TheCrowKing RitualDeadlyf RitualDeadlyf

Silence is not abnormal. In fact, a moment of silence is expected. Screaming... Not so much.
Not expecting to be startled in return, Ian did not notice Kaeda's immediate departure. Instead soon finding himself standing before this prostrating bard.

Wondering if they had just walked in on a mugging of the establishment maybe, he cast another quick glance around, but this did not appear to be the case.

Instead he diverted attention back to the Bard, who had now seemed to acquire some of his sensibilities and realized he has the wrong prince.

"Stand friend! I demand no need for such a display, just merely good food and drink. Perhaps a merry song if you are so inclined? It has been quite a long last few days."

The placement of the paper was not lost on him during this conversation, but he would review the menu upon being seated. Unknown to him, the survey had already begun to fill itself.

His words seemed to fall on deaf ears, a phenomenon he was not unused to, as the Bard leapt to his feet and continued ranting about doom and dying. Ian had not heard any word of calamity level events overtaking the land as of recent; demon kings, liches, and the like that adventurers eventually take down. This man had likely just a few mugs too much to drink.

With a hand on each shoulder, Ian steadied the Bard.
"Get a hold of yourself, you don't want to make a scene now. I think you should rent a room for the night and sleep this one off if you can't turn it around... you don't seem to be handling it well. Not exactly a positive performance you are giving off."

With one final pat on the back Ian spotted Kaeda having found a table for them. It must be one of those seat your self type of places. He gave the Bard a last reassuring pat on the shoulder before making his way through the tavern to the far table. He took note of a fight appearing to take place near the quest board, and the diverse occupants of the establishment in general. Come to think of it, he had never seen a pixie in person before, only read tomes containing their picture. This pixie at that far more monstrous than the illustrations made them out to be. Quite an odd place indeed, but hopefully that means they have an equally exotic menu!

Upon reaching the table Ian took the chair by the back and spun it around so as to sit with his arms crossed over the backrest, legs to either side of the seat.

"Have a chance to find anything that sounds good? Ooh, what do they have on tap?!"

Ian took the piece of paper given to him by the hostess pixie but was only further confused to find what appeared to be an alchemist's grocery list. Seeing a similar one held to the table by Kaeda, he added to his previous question.
"Or did you get a random scrap of parchment like myself...?"

The smell of the salty sea waves crashing onto the pier, the sound of the birds squawking overhead, the bumbling business of fishermen and merchants. Nepeta's mouth curled into a grin as she looked around for the ship she was to board. Desna, her goddess, the one and only deity that she would forever be loyal to, had flashed this very scene into her mind a few weeks back as she was on her way towards the harbour. Desna, the being that she could leave her entire life and soul to, had brought her here for a reason. The lovely sound of her angelic voice still lingered in Nepeta's mind. "Caution" she whispered. "The harbour is next, there is a task you need to fulfill"

Nepeta pressed her palms together and lowered her head while closing her eyes. "Oh Desna" she whispered softly to herself, knowing that her goddess could hear even a pin dropping at a stall where they were having a sale with hagglers, "I praise thee for your all knowing knowledge, may you forever light the path and show us the saving grace. May you bless the travels that are under your domain and be our lovely star that guides us when the tides are rough"

With that prayer, an image of a wooden door that had a slightly off shade of brown from its surrounding walls appeared. It had a small indent near the doorknob, something that seemed like it was claw marks? As if someone was struggling to open the door. It was only a split second before another scene entered. A huge ship came to mind and the word 'Twisted' was painted on the side of the ship. It was a weird name for a ship but hey, to each its own.

As the images flash and disappear, Nepeta opened her eyes and started scanning the pier. It wasn't long before Nepeta found the ship and boarded it. Without batting an eyelash, she immediately knew where the door was and reached out for the doorknob. Resistance was futile. It was a vision that the all graceful Desna had gave her, it was enough for Nepeta.

Nepeta open the door and went in, a small breeze of warmth caressed her cheeks. A little odd as it was cold and windy just a second ago but it was oddly comforting. There was a variety of noises that ranged from laughter, to yelling and there was a delightful tune of music in the air. Cocking her her to the side, Nepeta scanned the room and then looked at the door behind her. This definitely does not look like what the inside of a ship would be. She tapped her foot and sniffed the air, noticing how the ground was not swaying, shaking or even rocking in any shape or form and although she was inside a room, she could no longer catch the scent of the salty sea.

Right as Nepeta was trying to organize her thoughts, a face came to view. They had crooked, rotten teeth that stuck out with an underbite and their eyes were all black, as if they were lifeless. The small green fella made her blink a little and she almost swatted them out of surprise. Feeling kind of proud for a moment for not hitting the small flying pixie, Nepeta listened on silently as it had started to talk.

"Welcome to the Twisted Inn! Please fill out this survey on how you found us and a signature." The buzzing green person squeaked before zooming off to the next person

A paper of sorts had somehow be placed on her hand and it started to fill out as Nepeta read it. Seeing how it seemed to appear just as she read it, she started to experiment and thought of things that may or may not be relevant to the questions but it apparently had a filter and knows what answers that they are looking for as her random thoughts was not written on it. Not even the picture of what she believed Desna looked like was drawn on the paper too so that was slightly disappointing as she would have loved that whoever was getting these surveys back to have a glimpse of the beauty that is Desna. At the end of the survey, Nepeta signed it off as "Nessa".

"Ah.." Nepeta said, surprised as the paper had vanished once she had signed it off. "I might've.. signed as Nessa by reflex..? Oh well" she muttered. As she surveyed the scene again, she noticed some papers piling up in a jar at a counter. As her tail started to wave, Nepeta wandered around the area curiously, her guts telling her that perhaps, perhaps, she is not where she had been.

Suddenly, a loud scream could be heard. Nepeta instinctively turned her head towards the direction of the sound and saw a huge orc being swallowed by.. a board? Squinting her eyes, she saw that it was a quest board of sorts. A quest board and a room filled with people of all shapes and sizes. Is she in an inn? If so why? What had Desna have planned for her here? What did Desna want her to do? Upon laying her eyes back at the unfortunate orc, Nepeta covered her mouth slightly as her grin became wider. Unable to help herself, she started to giggle at the sight of an orc that had half its body disappeared by the board. You have to admit, it does look hilarious.

As she tried to hide her laughter and the small tears that were forming at the corner of her eyes, Nepeta watched gleefully as some of the other people in the area tried to help the orc out, noting that some of the others did their best to stop it. Towards the bar, a chime could be heard that could be described as a bell but had an unusual captivating vibration. There, a woman with deep sea blue hair, tied up, walked from behind the counters of the bar. "Alright folks, new quests are in! Get it moving before the times close. Those who miss out... have to stay here even longer!" She laughed maliciously, but had almost had some sincerity in her tone.

Seeing how there was too many people at the scene, Nepeta looked around for a place to sit as she watched the others that were present there. As she sat at a nearby bench, Nepeta started to people watch as she formulated a plan on what to do from now on. Usually by now, Desna would have sent her another vision or gave her wonderfully thought driven vague instructions but so far with what Nepeta had seen, this place looked like fun.

Kaeda Stillwater
Mentions: RitualDeadlyf RitualDeadlyf

In the moments it had taken for Ian to saunter his way towards the table, Kaeda had yanked, tugged, and plucked at the particularly sticky piece of parchment. Nothing she seemed to do pried it from her hands, it seemingly determined to stay there. Frustrated that she simply couldn’t be rid of its prying nature, she let out an irritated huff.

Why do they need to know anyway?

Knowing our luck? It’s probably a fae trick.

Gods. Can we not deal with that? We’re just here for dinner and that’s all!

I guess I don’t have much choice in answering it, considering it won’t come off my hand.

Another sigh would leave her as she briefly thought of what they, as a whole, were considered. It took a moment or two, but she finished up just before Ian joined them at the table, the blank line filled out with the name ‘Vessel’. Gaze darting up from the paper, she discreetly covered the contents of the paper with an arm before offering an unamused snort.

“You do realize drinking is bad for your health, right? Dreadful stuff, alcohol is. I’ve never been particularly fond it. To answer your question, no, I haven’t found anything considering this isn’t a menu. The pixie flying around gave me a survey to fill out. Asks how we found this place and our name. If you got one, I suppose we should hand it back over.” Going to pick hers from the table and fold it up, she realized it was finally free from her hands, no longer sticky in nature. “Did uh…did yours stick to your hands by chance? Mine wouldn’t let go until I filled it out.” Flicking her gaze over it, she was surprised to find that the previously asked quested and signature was gone, replaced by a random list of ingredients.

“What..? No, no. This was just a survey, I swear. It filled out just thinking about the answer and now it’s something else. It looks like ingredients or something like that.” With the paper now completely different, she slid it across the table towards Ian. “If that’s the menu, I doubt we’re going to be wanting to stick around. Pixie lungs? Sorry, but that’s a hard pass.”

Arms folding across her chest, Kaeda glanced over at the bar, catching sight of what she could only assume to be the barmaid. “We could ask for the actual menu..”

:bishiesparklesr:Faralynn:bishiesparklesl:
Faralynn Aravyre.jpg
Interacting with Anzi TheCrowKing TheCrowKing and Hel sraes sraes

At first, the tiefling girl was taken off-guard by her brother's explosion at her. She thought that her worry was more than meritted hat startle very quickly whipped into an indignant fury. She unfortunately had no chance to place a filter on her words as she retaliated. "I had literally verbatim said earlier that the billboard was man-eating, nul'zereb! It's not my fault you were simply too caught up in the moment of making sure to thoroughly hurt everyone around you to soak that information into your thick brain!"

She knew she hadn't done anything wrong, but as Anzi continued lashing out at her before turning to talk to the elf, she found herself bitterly seething into early-budding tears, made to feel like she had done something wrong -- a talent that Anziium had refined since the incident. That damned Aravyre pride made it so it was all but impossible to back down, which went for both of them. Fara's cheeks and ears positively burned a bright rose against her light-red skin, the tears welling up in her eyes literally sizzling and steaming away as she clenched her fists tightly.

Her voice choked out, "This is exactly why you can't make any friends!! Qui'um kuluz!" She did not mean for what happened next, but she was too angry at him to care in the moment. At the exclamation, the hand that she forgot was still mildly on fire struck the back of his shoulder. Thanks to her gifts with the attunement of fire, her fire was one that could at least mildly damage even those usually resistant to it -- a gift she forgot in the heat of things. But good anyway, let it sting! She whirled around, taking a couple steps away to quickly find a nearby corner to wipe away her tears in, not allowing her brother another word in edge-wise, or magic-wise, or any other kind of wise. The last thing she needed right now was gawking onlookers to stare at her while she sniffled.

Nul'zereb (nul-ZEER-ebb') -
'No brains', an intellectually challenged person.

Qui'um kuluz (KEE-oom' koo'-LUZZ) -
One who figuratively resembles the part of a humanoid body where solid bodily waste exits.

Simplymelsh Simplymelsh
NPC Triggered

Seeing your arrival, a mysterious humanoid feline joined you on the bench of where you sat. They had unique patterns in their own fur while wearing the pelt of another animal or two. An irony to many. The feline looked over to you with a grin revealing some of their teeth and opened up their hand either in shake or expecting something. In the other hand, a glass bottle of sorts was offered to you. It had hues of violet and pinks, along with a strong fermented sweet scent. The smell alone could make someone not use to the concoction lightheaded. How will you proceed?

1. Obliviously shake their hand.
2. Offer something in exchange.
3. Obliviously take the concoction.

Helewys deGrey
Interacting with: Fara Caligena Caligena Anzi TheCrowKing TheCrowKing
Mentioning: Mimi RitualDeadlyf RitualDeadlyf

Helewys kept a wary eye on the quest board even as they breathed a sigh of relief, it seemed they were well and truly out of its reach now and it hadn’t tried to draw them back in. They would take that as a win – now if only their heart rate would get with the program and slow down. When their question was met with silence they finally looked away from the board to meet the tiefling’s gaze, concern replacing wariness as they noticed how out of it he seemed.

“Are y-” before they could check in with him, his sister burst into sight and pulled their hand and attention away. They fumbled a second with the profuse gratitude then waved it away with a hint of embarrassment. “No, no debt. Truly I didn’t do so much as all that, I’m sure he would have been fine even without me.” Now that their adrenaline was settling a little it was even true, mostly. After all the quest board probably didn’t eat everyone who came near – otherwise how would the barmaid’s quests get done? Still they felt better with all of them decidedly away from the creature. Eyeing the fire liming the young woman’s hands between her and the quest board, Hel knew they weren’t the only one feeling that way either.

The explosion was unexpected, Helewys turning wide eyes towards Anzi as he hissed at his sister like an angry cat and she spat back at him just as quickly. Magic hung heavy in the air.

An awkward position to be in, caught between two arguing siblings that they’d just met. For a moment they could only be thankful that they were an only child as they watched Fara turn and stomp away, tears in her eyes. Helewys felt a twinge of sympathy and quickly stepped in front of Anzi to cover her retreat. Probably better to let the two cool off before anything further was said.

“Well,” they started with an assessing look at the man, tactfully sidestepping the mention of his sister. The flaring anger was at least better then the dead-eyed look from before – they’d been worried he was going into shock for a moment there – but Helewys wasn’t about to step into a fight they had no context for, much less choose sides in it. A bit of distraction seemed called for. “You said you were looking over the quests, yes? Did you manage to get a good look before the board started acting up? I’d like to try and get this whole-” they gestured vaguely at the tavern around them, “situation resolved as soon as possible and it seems like these quests are the best way forward for now.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back