• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Twist of Fate

Royally Rose

What doesn't kill you, hurts like a bitch.
Date: September 1, 1991

Over the course of the past four years of Charlotte's life, nightmares had become obsolete. When death was a part of everyday life and she went to bed unsure if she would live to see tomorrow, scary dreams were not something that had a large impact on her sleeping pattern. But for some reason, tonight was different. The nightmare had been so vivid and so terrifying that she woke with tears in her eyes. The dream had sent her back to the day her mother had died.

Charlotte wiped her eyes and rolled over to grab her watch off of her bedside table. It was nearly time to wake up, so she didn't bother trying to go back to sleep. Grabbing her wand from under her pillow and throwing on an overlarge sweater, she made her way out of the room and headed towards the exit of the common room. Climbing down the stairs to Ravenclaw Tower, Charlotte started to think about her nightmare. She wondered what had provoked it. She had been reading her History of Magic book the previous night, but it had only been about troll rebellions—nothing that would provoke that kind of dream.

"Miss. Avery," a voice called from down the hall. "Miss. Avery, could you wait for a moment."

Charlotte turned to see Professor Flitwick running towards her. She stopped walking and allowed the short professor to catch up to her.

"MIss. Avery, I just got word from Miss. Foster that she will not be joining us this year and she was to be the new Ravenclaw prefect," the professor said, slightly panting from his jog. "I was hoping you would take on her duties of prefect for tonight. Just lead the first years up to the tower, and teach them how to get in."

"Of course," Charlotte replied, nodding. "Is Amy alright?"

"Yes, she's moving to France to live with her Aunt, so she will no longer be attending Hogwarts," Professor Flitwick assured her.

Charlotte nodded, glad to hear that her fellow Ravenclaw hadn't been brutally murdered. She said goodbye to Professor Flitwick before continuing to the Great Hall, where breakfast awaited.

Braddington Braddington FireMaiden FireMaiden skulzortheskeletalsamurai skulzortheskeletalsamurai scorpiodragon scorpiodragon

Edward awoke to an almost empty room, everyone apart from the odd student had already seemed to have gone for breakfast, he moaned realising this was the second morning in a row he had woken up late and began wondering what was wrong with his sleep cycle. It was true he was having the most vivid of dreams every night since he had returned to Hogwarts from his 2 week visit but that was hardly a new thing. Regardless he got up at a snails pace grabbing his Wand before out of no where his friend Tom whom he had been as close as is possible with ever since they came to Hogwarts together in the same train cabin jumped out in front of him with enthusiasm.

"Wake up you lazy sod, I've already had breakfast so you should hurry up now before its too late. Oh and do watch out for Penny, she is in a particularly nasty mood today as her father won't buy her the new Nimbus so I hear", he said nonchalantly waving his Wand around almost poking Edwards eye out. "Thanks Tom, I'll get going see you later in class. Also when you have the chance give me back the book I lent you, I need it to you know" Tom walked off waving his hand behind him in an acknowledging way. The area was quite nice when hardly anyone was in it and he took the opportunity to tidy up his area putting away the various books he had scattered about aided by magic of course.

Fully dressed Edward exited the Common Area and headed to the Great Hall still half tired ignoring all the portraits on the wall, as he entered a few students remained mostly groups of friends who stuck behind with each other. He sat on one of the tables ignoring the house that usually populated it for a change by himself eating what was left. Scanning about he saw a few Slytherins meeting the eye of one, he attempted a smile only to be glared at by the other student, the rivalry between houses had really gotten tense lately and Edward placed everyone at fault for this including the teachers who he thought should intervene.

He knew hardly anyone in the hall at the moment and so scanned around for someome who looked particularly lonely that morning, after all it would be nice to get the good deed done for the day. He saw a girl on the one of the tables and went over to sit next to her.

"Hey good morning, you don't mind me sitting here do you? There was nobody around and I thought I might as well find some company" He said with a smile

Royally Rose Royally Rose

Last edited:
September 1, 1991
A black sedan pulled into a parking space alongside the curb of King's Cross Station. Doors opened and slammed, revealing a malnourished boy with medium brown hair and brown eyes and a man in his early thirties who hopped out of the driver's side of the car and made his way over to his bewildered son. From the other side of the vehicle, an older boy got out of the other side of the car and pulled out his trunk and owl cage before making his way to the sidewalk. A tan hand rested on the young boy's shoulder for a moment before the man went to the trunk and opened it, pulling out a large trunk and setting it down on the sidewalk before closing the trunk and locking it. Pressing a button on the car alarm to lock the car, he pulled the trunk behind him as he guided his sons into the busy train station. Once inside, the man led the boys towards where there were trolleys waiting and put the trunk onto one, securing it to the trolley, his older brother doing the same with his own trunk and his Grey Owl, Merlin. "Come along Enki. We have about half an hour to get to the train and get you settled within a compartment," the man spoke in his bass tone, the hint of a Welsh accent being visible within his vocal chords.

"Yes father," spoke the young boy as he was addressed, taking the trolley from his father and wheeling it beside the older man as they made their way through the morning crowds of Muggles trying to get onto their various platforms to take trains to work. They walked in silence, passing various platforms until they got to an area of brick wall between Platform 9 and Platform 10. The young teenager looked at the blank area of the platform as he looked around him at the varying Muggles walking past the platform as if it wasn't there. Enki knew the place was concealed by magic and then at his older brother who gave him a silent nod and a small smile of encouragement. His older brother was in his third year and a Slytherin while their sister wouldn't be attending Hogwarts until their brother was in his seventh year and Enki was in his fourth year. If grandfather lets our sister go to Hogwarts, he thought to himself.

"Go first and show Enki how it is done. Have a good time at Hogwarts," said Enki's father to his older brother.

"Of course father. I always do," said his older brother.
"See on you the train pigeon," said his brother before running towards the brick wall and vanishing within it moments before a crowd of people came walking by.

Enki frowned at the name his older brother called him but when the crowd had passed on, his brother was no longer on the Muggle side of Platform 9 3/4. His father's tapping on his shoulder caused the eleven-year-old to be drawn out of his musings as he looked up at his father and the man nodded towards the platform. Taking a breath, Enki made his way towards the platform, steering his trolley to face it. With his father by his side, they ran at the platform...Enki closed his eyes, certain they were going to be make impact...the sound of a train whistle made him open his eyes. They'd made it! Enki made his way to the train where he unstrapped his trunk and with his father's help, got it onto the train. His father then led him down the aisle to an empty compartment and lifted the trunk atop the luggage rack above the table. Enki flopped down into one of the seats ungraciously before giving his father a hug. "Have fun at school and remember, as long as you don't go into Gryffindor, I don't have a problem with your House."

"Grandfather does though," said Enki with worry. He knew his grandfather expected him to be within Slytherin like his older brother. His grandfather had made it clear the only houses he could tolerate the family being in were Slytherin and Ravenclaw. Hufflepuff and Gryffindor were not acceptable within the family.

"Well, if you get into Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff, I will speak with your grandfather," said Enki's father. The man left Enki to his own devices, the child pulling out his wand and casting a silencing spell and a notice-me-not charm on the compartment door. Giving a flick of his wand, the blinds around his compartment slid down to cover the windows and he he slipped his wand back into the dragonhide holster on his right wrist before sighing and leaning back against the cushion of the seat. Now, he just had to wait for the train ride to begin and he would be on his way to Hogwarts.

Last edited:
During the summer, Aurelia always went home. While her mother always seemed to cause trouble of some sort, it was always nice to see her family. Sirius, her father, and the Potters; this summer was one of the best, her first away from her mother. But of course, summer was over, and she was now being driven to Kings Cross, her father driving of course. Rides with him were always quiet, small talk neither one of their forte. But, Sirius had something on his mind. "Are you going to be okay?" He asked, obviously talking about what's on her arm. Aurelia sighed a bit, moving her sleeve on her left arm up, revealing her dark mark. "I don't know...I know how to hide it, but..." She fell silent, coverinv her arm again. "I'm sorry she did that to you. If I had known how badly it was I would have gotten you sooner-" "Dad it's fine. I don't blame you or anything." And that was it, u til hasty goodbyes at the station, before Aurelia made her way to Platform 9 3/4. That was easy enough, and since she was already in her school robes, displaying her Slytherin green and silver, she was left alone as she walked through the train. Most people shut off their compartments to her, but, she stumbled upon a brown haired boy. "Excuse me?" She asked softly, "May I sit with you?" scorpiodragon scorpiodragon

September 1, 1991
Enki was not expecting someone to be able to bypass the notice-me-not charm upon his compartment door. The knock on his door and then the sound of it opening, caused his eyes to open and look warily at the person who opened it and asked if they could sit there. He made a waving gesture with his hand, silently allowing the female entry into the compartment. "Please shut the door behind you," said Enki as he closed his eyes again, one hand subconsciously going to his shoulder where his grandfather had bruised him earlier for falling off one of the Abraxans his family raised. Actually, his family had quite a few different creatures on their land and Enki enjoyed being around the animals his family owned. FireMaiden FireMaiden

"Oh, yes, of course," She said softly, gently closing the door as she entered the compartment. She took a seat across from him, pulling her legs up to the side of her so she could read comfortably. She took little intrest in the boy across from her, but she knew her book too the entirety of the ride to read, so she decided to make small talk. "Is this your first year?" She asked, "I've never seen you around before." scorpiodragon scorpiodragon

September 1, 1991
Enki didn't say anything as the female student entered his compartment and shut the door before seating herself opposite him. At her question, one of his eyes opened to stare at the visitor to his compartment. It seemed like she would be riding with him for the entire train ride to Hogwarts, unless she had friends who were looking for her. Sighing, he sat up and drew his feet up onto the cushion as well in front of him, bending his knees and slipping his arms around them so that they were hugged against his chest. He didn't care at the moment that it was undignified and would have been frowned upon by his grandfather. "You would be correct miss. It is my first year of Hogwarts, but judging by your height, I'd say you're older than I," Enki said. FireMaiden FireMaiden

"I'm a fourth year, Slytherin of course," She said with a soft smile, pushing hair out of her face. She gave him a gentle smile, "I bet you'll lobe it there. The classes are fun, and the dorm rooms are all really nice and reflect on what the houses are built upon," She said, shifting to where she was sitting with her legs crossed. "But...I have to warn you, if you're sorted into Slytherin, don't expect to make many friends out side of the house members. Hufflepuffs are friendly but not friends most of the time, Ravenclaws don't normally bother with us, and Gryffindor's are out of the question." scorpiodragon scorpiodragon

Another Slytherin. Someone his grandfather would likely approve of him hanging around, assuming he got into the house of serpents. "I wouldn't expect to make friends with my name," said Enki as he opened both eyes to look fully at the older student in front of him. "As for houses, anything less than Slytherin or possibly Ravenclaw would be a disappointment. But, thank you miss for the information how prejudiced the houses continue to remain about Slytherin. I thought my older brother was making things up. Excuse me, my name is Enki Griffin. Who might you be miss?" FireMaiden FireMaiden

"Oh, no, I don't mind," Charlotte replied, stumbling over her words in her hurry. She gestured to the seats around her, as she folded her newspaper.

Taking a long sip of pumpkin juice, Charlotte realized that the boy was fully dressed and actually looked put together, whereas she was wearing an overlarge sweater over a pair of pajama pants. Glancing at the boy's face, Charlotte noted that he was in her year.

"So, are you ready for O.W.L. year?" Charlotte asked, trying to make some kind of conversation. "I've heard that it's killer, especially with McGonagall and Flitwick. I was worrying about potions after the summer homework, but then I talked to some of the sixth years. They said that McGonagall turns into a beast with the homework assignments and Flitwick starts taking points off for smudged words in essays. McGonagall I'd believe, but Flitwick always seems laid back to me. What do you think?"

Charlotte paused and wondered if she should have eased into the conversation with a simple greeting and question about the weather. She had learned her first year that too much talking in the morning could result in frequently eating alone.
Braddington Braddington

Edward simply smiled at her happy to see someone talkative for a change "I feel alright about the tests, a couple areas I'm hopeless in but its best not to dwell on those and have a positive outlook, if you can of course" he said this whilst eating as quickly and as politely as he could.

"I bet it's the other way around, McGonagall will be the forgiving one and Flitwick the pedantic. I'm sure they will be alright though, just need to prepare us for what's out there and considering the stakes for some of us they really want to force home some of the points." Edward paused for a second and noticed a Ravenclaw insignia.

"So what do you think about all of this house rivalry? I know some have good reasons to be angry but it can't be good to have this anger especially since that transforms into hate like an endless cycle." He was slightly unsure stating his position to a member of another house like that but that's the point isn't it?

Last edited:
"To me, I guess I just don't understand why some of the rivalries are so strong. I was reading Hogwarts: A History and it mentions the rivalries as being useful tools to fuel students to compete in schoolwork and in Quidditch. We weren't separated into houses to develop blood feuds," Charlotte replied, gesturing with her fork as she spoke. "I understand the Death Eaters are terrible people, I mean, they've hurt my family as much as anyone's, but I don't understand how an 11-year-old kid can come to Hogwarts already determined to hate other kids just because of their tie color."

She took a sip from her goblet, thinking. Then she thought of something she hadn't before. "I guess, it's just human nature to push away people we are told to," Charlotte pondered aloud. "Some people in houses hate each other only because of their house, they don't take into account anything else. If we didn't sort, what would we judge people by? So, I guess, in a way, we were set up to hate each other."

Braddington Braddington

"Aurelia Black, it's a pleasure to meet you, Enki" The girl said, "I can understand where you're coming from." This was true. While, yes, it was known her father was Sirius, and he was well looked upon in most of their society, she was not. Her mother has made sure that, that wicked woman ruined nearly everything for her. If she had been with her father from th e beginning, she may have been better off. And she defeinatly wouldn't have been cursed. "Reguardless of what house you're in, I'll be the first to welcome you to Hogwarts...even though we're still on the train." scorpiodragon scorpiodragon

Enki dipped his head in greeting. Yet the boy remained tense and wary of the older student regardless. She seemed nice but from watching his grandfather with his father and older brother, knew that could be a facade. "A pleasure Miss Black," said Enki, the manners his grandfather had forced into him and his older brother taking over for the moment. "Thank you," he said. "The Blacks...you're related to Regulus's brother?" Enki only knew of Regulus thanks to an uncle who had gone to school when Regulus had. His uncle had been forced to take the Dark Mark and worked as one of the Dark Lord's curse breakers. FireMaiden FireMaiden

"Yes, he's my uncle," She replied with a soft smile. Aurelia wasn't really close to anyone in her family aside for her father, but she knew of her uncle. So, she didn't know much about him other than his name and relation to her; and the topic of him seemed to be a sore subject for her father so she never asked. She's also never met Regulus, which only raised more questions about him, but again, she didn't want to hurt her father so she left the topic alone. Maybe one day she would find out, but the summer didn't want to reveal to many secrets. "My father is Sirius Black, if that wasn't clear already. Why do you ask?" scorpiodragon scorpiodragon

Edward looked into the distance a second pondering what had just been said "I suppose that is the case and I am prone to it myself, as much as I try to stop it I automatically have a negative feeling towards Slytherins no matter their age or actual personality. This will always show itself at the worst time as well, right now we need unity and compassion for a change to show eachother we don't have to be like the Death Eaters and that we can be better, that includes Slytherins."

Edward could feel himself getting worked up and so stopped for a second to take a sip of his drink "If we had no houses I have a feeling we would get along much better with eachother, once the rivalry is gone we are just fellow students. I doubt it will ever change though, tradition comes first and all that...if we continue like this however there won' be a tradition to follow"

Stopping again he realised he does not know the girls name "I'm Edward by the way, a Hufflepuff obviously" he said sarcasticly in reference to what had just been said.

"My uncle went to school with Regulus. Good friends in school," said Enki. His uncle didn't have a high opinion of Lord Black and it wasn't just because the man was Light and was on Dumbledore's side but because Sirius, Potter, Lupin and Pettigrew had done a lot of bullying by the way of pranks and gotten away with everything because they were favored by the Headmaster and Deputy Headmistress. His father had mentioned that the professors at Hogwarts had favorites and that if he got into Slytherin that most of his professors would end up looking down on him but he might be able to find help with Professor Flitwick or Professor Sprout. Enki shook his head at what awaited him if he went into Slytherin. His brother had said things had gotten worse for the Slytherins since his father had been in school. "I am surprised that you're related to an Auror," said Enki. He thought he'd recognized the name Black, it was the only one within the Pureblood circles and on the Wizengamont. "What are the Professors like? I hear Professor Snape and Professor McGonagall are tough on the students." He thought it would be good to figure out what his professors were like so he had an idea how to act before them to avoid trouble. But how much trouble could a first-year from a prominent pureblood family from Wales get into that was any worse than being at home? FireMaiden FireMaiden

Aurelia could help but chuckle, "The professors are...well, it depends. Professor McGonagall is nice to everyone but stern. Well, that can actually be said about pretty much all of them as long as you don't cause to much trouble. Snape favors us Slytherins, but I don't really think that's much of an accomplishment. He's a creepy, mopey, little man. I'd be careful around him," She said. It might have sounded rude, and her view on him may have been altered a bit due to her parents, but she knew what she saw. She didn't like Snape. scorpiodragon scorpiodragon

“I’m Charlotte,” Charlotte replied with a smile. “Ravenclaw, if you couldn’t tell from my rambling. It’s refreshing to talk to someone who’s argument isn’t ‘All Slytherins are evil’ or ‘All Gryffindor are heroes.’”

She swallowed the remaining liquid in her goblet. This has been the most enjoyable meal she’d had since summer began. Glancing towards the clock that hung on the far end of the wall, she realized she still had hours before she needed to get ready for the feast.

“So, Hufflepuff has always been considered, by most Ravenclaw, the ‘nice’ house. But with the animosity that these rivalries are maintained with, I’m not sure the stereotype fits,” Charlotte mused. “Granted, the Gryffindors that I’ve met only throw insults behind shut doors, so how brave can they be? I wonder how the sorting hat will describe the houses.”

Braddington Braddington

Edward nodded solemnly having finished eating "I don't think the stereotypes are true at all, I've met Hufflepuffs with hearts of stone and Slytherins with hearts of gold not to mention the cowardly Gryffindor or the dumb as rocks Ravenclaw. I think the hat just chooses what you want and how you want to be perceived, I will say when I first came here the hat was going to choose Ravenclaw but I influenced it to say Hufflepuff as I wanted to be seen as kind."

Edward thought about the houses for a second tapping his finger on the table with a monotonous rythem "It also reinforces the point that the house system is flawed, it we were going to be totally honest there are as many pure blood fanatics in Gryfindor than there are in Slytherin and I should know having been on the receiving end. Then you look at some half blood Slytherins who are only there because they have some cunning or ambition but would never think themselves superior."

"Anyway pleasure to meet you as well, I rarely ever have this type of conversation as most simply have a distaste for the topic and even some Hufflepuffs think what I say demeans the house."

“Oh believe me, it’s the same with Ravenclaw,” Charlotte mumbled. “They’re a bunch of morons when it comes to addressing this debate. They argue so strongly to one side they forget what they’re arguing about.”

She pushed her empty plate away and it disappeared from the table. Charlotte looked up and down the lines of food, before grabbing a croissant and standing.

“I’m going to hide out in the library until the train arrives,” Charlotte told Edward. “But we should talk again, about the rivalries. Maybe we could even find more people, statistically speaking, we can’t be the only sane ones in the castle.” Braddington Braddington

Enki listened as Aurelia began speaking of the professors, confirming what he had been told about Professor McGonagall. She then went on to mention their head of house, Professor Snape. His grandfather had said the man was a fellow Death Eater and a classmate of his father's and Abraxas's son Lucius. His father had done his best to keep Enki and his sister away from his grandfather around the meetings with his grandfather's 'old friends', those being of course former Death Eaters and corrupt sympathizers. Not an easy thing when you were expected to join the Dark Lord's ranks and become a Death Eater upon your sixteenth birthday. "My father said he's good at his craft," said Enki. "Is it true that Slytherins are portrayed as evil and the other teachers look down on us just for being snakes?" If so, then that was stupid in Enki's opinion. "Do you take Runes?" he questioned, the next thought popping into his head. Depending on her answer would determine if Enki put more thought into the conversation he was having with the older student or not. FireMaiden FireMaiden

His question took her by surprise. Half of her wanted to lie to him, while she also wanted to feel the truth. Aurelia sighed, running her right hand through her. With moving her bangs off the left side of her face, Enki would probably notice a thing scar running down the side of her cheek, before her hair feel back into place, albeit a bit messy now. "Yes," She finally replied, giving him a soft, but forced smile. "Slytherins were not liked before, but now with all the Death Eaters," Her left arm tensed, "We're blamed for them, especially families like ours. My mother, while not a death eater herself, is one of Lord Voldemort's most loyal followers, and so I'm not spared harassment. Oddly enough though, theres hardly anymore inter bullying, us Slytherins' stick up for each other. We're like family." Aurelia's arms crossed tighty, a form of hugging herself. "I hope you have a thick skin, there's no guarantee that the other houses will let you off easy." She knew that Enki may not have been prepared to hear that, but he needed too. Aurelia felt he should know that the school wasn't perfect. But, he asked her another question, which lessened her tenseness. "Yes, last year. But, I'm not going to this time. I have a lot of family who can teach me, so I can look into other stuff. I'm not sure what I want to do though." scorpiodragon scorpiodragon

His question took her by surprise. Half of her wanted to lie to him, while she also wanted to feel the truth. Aurelia sighed, running her right hand through her. With moving her bangs off the left side of her face, Enki would probably notice a thing scar running down the side of her cheek, before her hair feel back into place, albeit a bit messy now. "Yes," She finally replied, giving him a soft, but forced smile. "Slytherins were not liked before, but now with all the Death Eaters," Her left arm tensed, "We're blamed for them, especially families like ours. My mother, while not a death eater herself, is one of Lord Voldemort's most loyal followers, and so I'm not spared harassment. Oddly enough though, theres hardly anymore inter bullying, us Slytherins' stick up for each other. We're like family." Aurelia's arms crossed tighty, a form of hugging herself. "I hope you have a thick skin, there's no guarantee that the other houses will let you off easy." She knew that Enki may not have been prepared to hear that, but he needed too. Aurelia felt he should know that the school wasn't perfect. But, he asked her another question, which lessened her tenseness. "Yes, last year. But, I'm not going to this time. I have a lot of family who can teach me, so I can look into other stuff. I'm not sure what I want to do though." scorpiodragon scorpiodragon

"Families like ours," mused Enki to himself. "I beg to differ in that Slytherins stick up for each other. People like Abraxas and Lucius hardly did so, rather they lord it over each other. The Malfoy family has nothing to boast of with them being a minor house but the way they talk...they think they're something important." Of all the death eater families his grandfather knew and associated with, the Malfoys were someone that all three Griffin siblings hated and refused to acknowledge. The Scion of Griffin House sighed as he pondered what Aurelia had said to him. "Thick skin...something I have yes."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back