• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern TWD 1x1 {Caffeine Freak & Maxine}

OOC
Here
Leo watched him disappear inside the side room, a small smirk on her face. She walked over to the supplies and began to pack her old, battered black back pack, the colour more faded and worn down to a grey cracked look. She packed the two flashlights after checking the batteries, followed by an extra rations of amo and two bottles of water. Once her bag was packed, she walked over to the boarded up window which was used as a sniper location that Derek had used to protect her earlier. Leaning to the side of the window was a flatten cardboard box. She layed it down, laying ontop of it on her side and resting her head on her arm. As the sunset peered through the gaps in the boards, she felt a gentle lick on her hand that was draped over her side and stomach. Letting a smile creep onto her face, she felt Roger shuffle and drop his body against her as he decided to get some rest too, preparing for the night coming

Derek stirred, slowly realising that the firm object he was hugging to his chest was indeed his baseball bat. Groaning slightly, Derek crawled out of his sleeping bag and hastily pulled on his clothes, then snatched his bat back up. The weariness of sleep soon faded, and he quickly felt more alert as his heart began to thump in anticipation of the night's search.

Once he'd stumbled into the pub's main room, Derek stretched out on a barstool while he waited for Leo, figuring it would probably be a good idea to let her wake at her own leisure. It still felt odd to be up at nightfall to go poking around for his baseball, but it had come in handy so far. At the very least, he supposed there'd be some clue as to who jumped him.

"No.... please no!" Leo muttered, her skin sweaty, pale, hot yet cold at the same time. Her breathing became uneven, quick, short. flashes of blood, screams, the wretched feeling of a burn down her back. She could feel the lump in her throat as she screamed, squirming, begging them to stop. But she deserved it right? Thats what you get for messing with the wrong group. As she felt her back burn more and more, her sleeping body, twisting, turning, still sweating. As she was about to feel her skin be scarred even more she was awoken by a large compression on her chest, her eyes slowly opened as she realized, of course it was Roger. She gave him a few strokes then sat up, controlling her breathing. She stood up with shaky legs, skin patched with sweat.

Giving a moment or two for her vision to clear up, she stumbled out with her backpack on, her rifled strapped across her back and her machete drawn, as she walked out of the dark corner she was sleeping in, she pushed out a shaky but yet still cocky voice "Looks like someones a night owl" she gave a small chuckle. before looking at the entrances "Come on, lets head out the back" she cocked her head to the side and began to head out, opening the door slightly to check. Once clarifying it was clear, she held the door open, Roger rushing out first and running through a rusted hole in the fence. Knowing what he was doing, Leo left him, begining to walk over to the opening in the fence once she knew Derrek had followed. Once through the fence, they began to walk, the dark engulfing them. Their steps were quite and it wasn't long till Roger was back infront of them, prowling

"Since its a fairly long walk, tell me about yourself" she whispered quitetly "Any plans on where you're going to go? Ever been in a group?" she peered over at him, barely making out his outline in the darkness

Derek hopped off his bar-stool, Leo's night owl quip tugged a small smirk onto his lips. "Not like I was going to get much sleep anyway." His smirk faded as he internally decided not to bring up the rustling he'd heard during his wait. A nightmare no doubt, he'd had his own fill of them, and prodding didn't seem decent. Instead, he quietly fell into step beside Leo and followed her through the fence.

He was staring blankly in the direction Roger had shot off into when Leo popped the question.

"A group?" Derek shivered. "Yeah, I've been in one. Well- two. Uh... maybe three?" His newfound partnership with Leo was, in fact, his sixth installment. Derek was never sure whether he was lucky enough to be the only survivor of his previous groups, or whether he was unlucky enough to somehow doom every group he ended up in. The thought pushed a sidelong glance in Leo's direction. "My first group was really big, we had some ex-cops and a lot of different people. There were a couple of kids too, I... think some were orphans.
"Then we started running out of food and water, and people started getting restless, you know? I came back from a scavenging trip one day and found that whoever wasn't bled on the floor had ransacked our place and took off."

Derek rubbed the side of his neck with the apex of his bat. "Then I just started hopping from group to group, and they all just fell apart. In-fighting, the walkers, insanity, starvation, old Mr Nelson who turned out to be a cannibal... one way or another they all caved in." He drifted off, eyes eventually settling on the darkness leering in front of them. "Oh- uh, sorry. Didn't mean to kill the vibe. Maybe you should start talking instead." Derek attempted a warm smile, though the gesture was rather pointless in the dark.

Leo listened, her head on a swivel, staring off into the darkness to try see any movment or sign there was walkers out or even worse, other people. She let out an airy chuckle "Then they weren't much of a group were they. A group is supposed to fight together against everything else, not let everything else fight them. Suppose thats why i was kicked out of every group i had been in" she paused with a shrug, taking a left to head down a some-what woods like terrain with a dusty small road making a clearing. instead of walking in the open, she made her way into the forest but still with eyes on the small road for navigation purposes.

"Well, thats my story. Being an outcast even now. Problem for them, im better on my own. Quicker, much more ruthless, brutal" she grinned, lifting the machete ever so slightly "But im also lonely" her voiced lowered even more "When there's no one to torment or make stupid games out of killing walkers or who can scavenge the most supplies. it gets lonely but in this world, its be lonely and survive, or be accompanied and both die" she sighed, stopping and her head snapping towards the run down warehouse that she had found Derek in

"Someones in there" she whispered, Giving a short whistle, Roger pushed his lower half against her left leg and remained there as she bent down and scoped out the area. "Sounds like 3 guys, ones clearly a daft brute, the other two have guns, big ones" she grumbled looking over at Derek "How should we take em out?" she grinned with a challenging look on her face that seemed impracticaly due to the light but she had hoped the clearing of clouds let the moonlight bring some lighting enough to see decently

Derek nodded, beckoning for her and roger to follow as he stalked around the perimeter of the warehouse. "This is how I got in last time." He muttered, painstakingly shifting a iron window frame open with as little sound as he could manage. Once the gap was wide enough, he swept with his arm, whispering "Ladies first?"

Once inside, a shelf stacked with ransacked boxes offered cover, and Derek peeked around to see what they were up against. "I don't quite fancy myself getting gunned down trying to run at them with a baseball bat." He continued to scan around, until he spotted the big dude without a gun observing something in the dim lighting.
"That's my ball!" Derek barely suppressed his astonishment back into a whisper. "We still have the element of surprise, if you can draw those guys' fire somewhere, then shoot them from the back - then I can take on big boy over there." He switched glances between Leo and Roger. Derek, despite all his groups, had never really planned an assault with other people. His plan was usually either just 'hit them' or 'run away'.

Leo listened while observing the area, places for protection, a place to run, and a place to draw them away to. She gave a nod "ill lead them upstairs" she informed in a whisper before feeling her heart start to race "good luck" she smiled, before starting to creep around the boxed shelves. With every soft and quiet step, she analysed the area, all possiblities. She got as close to the ones with guns as she could before taking in a deep breath. She lowered her hand, making Roger drop into a 'drop' position and remaining there. She walked out into the open

"Hey!" She called out, all three of the guys turning and looking, the two guns being drawn "dont fucking move" one grunted, as the other neared closer. She put her hands up ever so slightly, her machete holstered behing her leg. As one drew near, she grinned, and in one swift movement, drew her machete and kicked him in the knee, driving the machete through his hand before turning and running up the flight of metal stairs, gun shots piercing her ears as they missed but just. By the time she reached up stairs she could hear quick and heavy footsteps of the other following her. She quickly found somewhere to hide, holding her breath in her throat

The man was tall, his skin pale yet bruised, a rough and mean glare on his face, a look of just rage in his voice "That was my brother" he spoke menacingly, walking around slowly with his rifle clutched tightly "im going to rip the skin off that pretty little face of yours" he growled.
in...out......in....out she could feel her breath entering and leaving her lungs. She looked around for anything to use. As quietly as she could, she took off her sniper, placed it on the ground and stepped out into the open with a scared yet determined grin "Boo hoo, that was your brother? go on, try to aven--" she was cut off abrubtly by a shot going through her side. She looked down, blood already began to seep out, it burnt like lava running out of her wound.

in shock, stunned from the bullet, the guy manage to hit her across the face with the butt of the gun. She crawled along the ground before letting out an airy, empty whistle too quiet to be heard. Taking in deep and shaky breaths, she felt her legs be yanked and her body be flipped over. As her vision began to fade in and out, she felt an incredibly strong grip around her neck, cutting off her breathing. She began to gasp for breath, clawing at his hands, her vision becoming blurry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back