• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Truman show inspired rp

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Rp would be set in a fictional town where everyone in said town is a dedicated actor, except the player characters. Plot is about four or five "main characters" living their everyday life unaware they are stars of a TV series popular worldwide.

This would be focused on the main characters realising life isn't what it seems. Be it from the actions of the townspeople, discovering cameras where they shouldn't be, maybe even getting a unintended message smuggled in from a fan.

Hoping for three or four people who can post once maybe twice a week.
There isn't a rule on it but id prefer each player be posting a paragraph or more. One or two lines won't cut it.

Ask questions or claim spots below.
The ages of the characters can vary but the main thing is they all know/interact with each other.
Probably easier if they are all in school or work together, close neighbours etc. The "plot" of the show would have these characters interacting a fair bit regardless but it helps if they are similar ages or related.

Like a main character parent with a actor spouse and a main character child living next to two other main characters is a decent idea.

Four work/school friends etc

I'll join so long as it is mostly SFW and all the members are 18+.

Edit: phrasing

Last edited:
We would be following the rules of the site, I don't want people writing erotic stuff or graphic violence/depictions of drugs etc.

Stuff can pop up as its "scripted reality tv" and the producers want drama. So in a sense characters may be confronted with more adult topics but we wouldn't be going in depth describing shit.

At most it would be along the lines of...
"Kids try to sell weed to a kid in highschool"
We aren't describing the kids getting high in detail, at worst we imply it.

"Muggers might confront a couple for their wallets"
Violence may happen but no one on the show is a murderer, the main characters might attempt it but all actors have roles to play.

"Actor Suzy is trying for a child with main character Terry"
We might say the two are doing the deed but nobody is writing sex scenes or lingering on this topic.

As for the ages of the players I would prefer they be 18+ but I'm assuming everyone is 14 or older as that's what the site says. I think anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Back