• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

True Form (Reboot)

" Hey he's following you" It was too tempting and Vulcan couldn't resist, he was also getting fed up with Astrild's haughtiness . He looked back and winked at the demon who could obviously hear them. " Maybe you can ask Izaya if you can keep him when you get home." Vulcan tried his best not to grin as he easily passed Astrild with his longer legs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zelena nodded as she bid Sanz goodbye. "Save travels, young one, and please, be patient with the woman, Astrild. Though she is blinded by prejudice I hope that you will help open her eyes."

------------

The entity exited through a hidden door in a particularly massive stone formation, and spread two pairs of wings to take flight. They were akin to a dragonfly's, with numerous veins of bright green through the long and narrow wings. As it sailed across the dunes and stones, it began contemplating its next move when it reached the volcano. The aura belonging to the new female seemed the weakest, but auras could be suppressed. It decided to bide its time in the chance that the three would weaken each other. Cleaning up three weakened targets would be easier than immediately attacking them.

Astrild sent a punch at Vulcan's arm as he passed. It was not gentle, nor was it meant to be. She just kept walking, angrily cursing inside of her head. This was just supposed to be an easy mission and now it was just an annoying mission.

----

"Fine." Mi'Kiri leaned up against the rocky wall beside the entrance. "I'll keep watch. But if I hear any fighting, I'm coming in." There was nothing in this world that could keep her away from a fight. Except maybe chocolate.

----

Were they seriously entering the cave mouth? Only a few could venture after her. She heard two voices: a female and a male. The male appeared to be the one following her inside the cave. But she didn't want anyone to be near her. She didn't want anything bad to happen again and it always happened if people tried to get near her. They'd freak out when they saw her and attack her. Then she'd just kill them, taking blood samples whenever she came across something that she did not have in her system. She really didn't like killing people; she really didn't want to do it again today.

Makos nodded, brandishing his axe defensively as he advanced. He passed through the cave entrance and felt a wave of heat overcome him. By the Hells. Is this damn thing still active? He thought as he slowly worked his way in, checking any crack and crevice that might hold something. He thought he saw something move in the darkness and stopped, waiting to see if or where an attack would come from. "If you would be so kind as to reveal who or what you are," Makos said, raising his voice so that it would echo, "maybe then I can decide if I have to fight you or maybe strike a deal with you." His eyes darted about, as if expecting to be interrupted. "If you are hostile and this powerful, so be it. But an ally with this kind of power..." He said grinning a cynical grin. "You know what they say, 'cockatrice of a feather'..."

"....please go away..." Her words shook and her voice echoed back. "....I don't want to kill you...." It was a simple statement, as if she had no doubt that she would kill him. "....wait...." Her mind doubled back for a moment with a possible strategy to stop this from ending in her enraged state. "...who and what are you?"

"Makos, Fourth Executioner of the Maleficarum...Son of Makaidos." He almost spat as he finished, the name of his father leaving a disgusting taste in his mouth. "As for what, draconic blood flows through my veins, and I'm damn proud of it too." He finished, still trying to locate the source of the voice. "I obliged your questions, now yours to mine." His gruff voice resounding through the caverns as he waited and watched.

Dragon blood. That made her sigh. At least she didn't have a reason to kill this one for his blood to add to her own. She'd done that already, many years before. Her body was still covered in her black cloak, but her face still gave her away. The swirling bloodline marks went up to her face, across her cheeks, and disappeared into her hair. They currently glowed a dark red color, like old blood on a blade. She stepped forward into dim light, just enough for him to make out her cloaked figure. "...I am...." She paused, as if having to remember her name. It had been so long since she had used it. "...Nava..."

Makos tensed. The former general? Impossible. It's incredibly...best to proceed with caution regardless. This is a fight I don't want to pick given the circumstances. "What would one of Heaven's previous Generals be doing in a volcano in the Wastelands? Not exactly the nicest real estate if you ask me." Her scars. He thought to himself. Only Blood Demons and half a handful of individuals had scars like that. And the first of those two are long gone... His thoughts trailed as he waited for her response.

Sanz gave a smile and hugged Sha'ira one last time.

"Have you known me to be anything other than patient Miss Zelena?"

The last comment was said only a few seconds before he trotted off to where Vulcan and Astrild were.

"Excuse me--"

Sanz spoke to the angel closer to him, which happened to be Astrild

"Miss Zelena asked me to accompany you on your mission. I don't know how much help I can be in the long run, but I do know the surrounding forest quite well."

"...I hurt less people if I'm here..." Nava's eyes shone blue at the moment. "....you're staring at them...." She hated it when people stared at the bloodline marks. It made her angry. A few lines of red appeared in the blue as irritation began.

----

"Fine. And you are-" Astrild stopped her sentence as soon as she saw him. "....Zelena asked you to accompany us...." She forced a smile onto her face as she turned away and tried to not start yelling angrily. That Archangel had a bad habit of making her life hell when she forced demons over demon spawn into her personal space bubble.

"Well, I don't have issues hurting people. Neither does my compatriot from what I have gathered." Makos said, glancing towards the front of the cavern. "So from what I understand," He continued, making certain to avert his gaze from the markings on her skin. "You would fit in pretty perfect amongst our duo of dysfunction."

"Ahh, nothing like a good quest to revitalize the soul!" Following along behind Astrild, he consulted a small, weathered leather journal. In it was the total accumulated pool of knowledge of adventuring he had garnered in his long life. Across the top of the page, was written 'Rule #1: Roughing It'. The following pages contained various techniques and suggestions for survival in the wilderness. On the last page of the topic 'Roughing It', a list of suggestions was listed, with one line circled excitedly. Laughing quietly, he pulled out the not quite empty bottle of Ice wine, and drank it straight from the bottle.

Vulcan barely felt Astrild's punch through his armor but knew it hadn't been gentle. He stopped as a new stranger addressed Astrild, knowing what kind of mood she was in he quickly spoke up. "If General Zelena wishes it then welcome aboard, I'm Vulcan why don't you walk with me and tell me about yourself." He said this all in a bit of a rush as he grabbed the newcomer's arm and dragged him quickly along ahead of Astrild, heading toward their destination and leaving her behind to deal with the strange demon.

Sanz found himself half-pulled, half-dragged along with the other angel. The instant change in the female angel's demeanor when she saw him had not escaped him, and he found Zelena's words being reinforced much sooner than he expected. Sanz looked over to the angel that was pulling him

"Well, my name is Sanz, for starters."

Nava blinked. "...I can't go back out there. It'll just happen again." The markings on her face pulsed for a second as she closed her eyes. "...you should just leave me here. It's better for the world outside that I stay in here."

----

"Charmed, I'm sure." Astrild kept walking forwards, not facing backwards to look back at the half-breed. "Less talking, more getting to what we're supposed to be doing...." She stopped suddenly. "...in all of this...excitement...I have completely forgotten what we're doing here. Vulcan..." She barely glanced backwards at him. "Remind me, please."

----

"...Okay, enough of this nonsense." Mi'Kiri stalked into the cave entrance. The heat was almost unbearable but she wasn't about to feel outdone. She stopped short immediately when she saw Nava. "What in all the worlds....is....that?"

Seeing their destination ahead Vulcan gestured toward it. "The Spearhead tavern. we're meeting Izaya's contact there." he headed toward the tavern at an easy pace trying not to attract attention, thought it was probably pointless. He entered and looked around nonchalantly before leading his compatriots to a table and ordering a beer.

Sanz was a bit hesitant to enter the building. Even if the majority of residents within the city were tolerant of his presence, most did not hide their dislike of him. He took a deep breath and folded his wings in so that they weren't as noticeable before entering behind the angels. Once at the table, the young halfling took quiet stock of everything around him. He also pointedly refused to drink any alcohol

Fortunately for Sanz and Dystopics, Fort Apolan was one city where non-angels passed through frequently. Thus, the two didn't get much more than a second glance or a raised eyebrow by even the most stuck up angels. The Spearhead Tavern was pretty loud but relatively peaceful. They only had a bar fight three days out of the week on average, lower than most establishments near the border.

The four were not unnoticed at their table for long, as a short and thin figure approached, their billowing cloak concealing their bodies while the hood hid their face in shadows. They sat with a half-empty bottle in hand, the hood twisting as they examined the four in front of them. "Four?" a male voice said, "Huh. Was told ta expect half that number, but ehh, whatever. You two match the peeps I was told ta expect," he said to Astrild and Vulcan. "Take some time to get a bite or grab a drink, enjoy the ambiance, that kinda shit. Meet me out back when you're ready, aight?" Without waiting for an answer he stood and departed, leaving out a rear door.

The space behind the tavern was utterly deserted, another row of buildings forming a parallel wall to the one the tavern was a part of, narrow passages separating each building. It was fairly dark and a little damp back there, not another soul in sight. When the four would choose to go back, they would see nobody - not even their contact, oddly enough.

"That, if I am not mistaken," Makos said looking between the two as he continued, "Is the former Archangel Nava, once respected for her immense power, apparently in self-exile from what I have gathered." He finished, turning to face Mi'Kiri as he did. "She's also the source of power that has been causing the 'strange' disappearances, correct me if I am wrong." He said, looking back in Nava's direction as he spoke.

"...n-n-not on purpose...." Nava backed away, her back coming to rest against the wall. "....they...th-they attacked me on sight. And when I fight..." Her eyes closed with a shudder. "It's l-like I lose my mind. I can't think. All I know is fighting and nothing h-has been able to stop me. Ever." She remembered that night when she had slain one of her own soldiers. But he had been more than that.... "I shouldn't leave here. The world will be better off when I stop existing."

Mi'Kiri raised an eyebrow. "Huh. I've heard stories about you. They said you murdered one of your own men, though the accounts vary...."

----

Astrild narrowed her eyes. "...I don't like this...." This wasn't a typical mission, was it? There was no one there to meet them and she really didn't like this uneasy feeling. "....Vulcan, be prepared please...." She spared a glance to the other two. "....you two as well...." Underneath her breath, she muttered. "I don't want to explain to that Archangel why the guy she sent with us is dead...."

Sanz closed his eyes to the empty alley. When the chill ran up his spine, and his wings twitched, something was very off. He slowly expanded his magical senses, letting the mortal world melt away as he picked up the auras of everyone around him. A bright, fiery spirit from one of the angels, a calmer, yet larger flame from the other, a bottomless well from the demon . . . who else?

"Told you so." Vulcan murmured."Astrild head upstairs, find a window and cover the alley. I don't like this either and I'd rather not have any surprises... I hate surprises." With that he stood up and headed toward the alley waiting half a minute so Astrild could get into position. She was a professional, she would go along with the plan... probably.

"The world out there has changed, for better or worse, hell if I care, but you can feel it. War is coming. And as much as I," Makos paused, cracking his neck slightly, "enjoy being among the Executioners, if it meant clipping my wings to stay with them, I'd drop them like yesterdays garbage. So I offer you this. Stay here, rot away letting your ambient and immense power dissipate slowly into the ashes you call your meager dwindling existence, with some hope in your heart that you have 'atoned' for slaying an innocent, or go out and actually work for it. Go out and take your atonement from the hands of those who would dangle it in front of you. Your power is incredible, and yet you cower here, afraid of yourself and what you can do because you slipped in your judgement one time." Makos sighed heavily. "Do as you will Fallen Archangel. I just hoped that we could make an agreement to be powerful allies, rather than aware and un-acting." Makos turned to leave, his black cloak billowing as he did.

The way out was now blocked by a humanoid figure with two pairs of long and slender wings. He appeared angelic at first glance, but there was something...off...about him. His body was the off-white color of marble, with faint veins of emerald and two pure emerald orbs as eyes. The way the light gleamed on his 'skin' revealed that he really WAS marble, and the bright green was truly very pure emerald gems. Its dragonfly-like wings folded down behind it, and it stared emotionlessly at the three people before it. Without so much as word or warning, it dashed at Makos, a blade of emerald shooting out from the top of its wrist. It intended to lop his head off in a single swipe.

-------

Sanz would have sensed it just in time: the same cloaked figure from before was diving straight down at him, something metal glinting malevolently from inside the sleeve of the arm extended downwards towards his head...

Sanz's eyes bolted open at the exact same moment as he stepped to the right rather awkwardly.

"Wha--?!"

The exclamation came out of his mouth as a cloaked figure crashed into the pavement where Sanz had been not a fraction of a second before

Users who are viewing this thread

Back