• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

True Form (Reboot)

Twizinator

One Thousand Club
Two opposing sides: angels and demons. For almost two thousand years the two polar opposite sentient races held a tenuous peace, fragile yet necessary for the livelihood of both sides. Their previous struggle, a war of religious and moral differences, took a heavy toll on the two races. As time passed they licked their wounds, the victor not definitively decided. However, returning to war is not something done casually, and neither side wishes to fight recklessly. The Wastelands, a neutral buffer zone of barren desert and rock, separates the two nations. The desolate and empty Wastelands had, at one time, been lush fields and dense forest. War had destroyed the land, leaving a striking visible reminder of how destructive open conflict between them was. Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end. This peace was temporary, everyone knew it - but they did not realized how suddenly it would be breached.

As both sides tip-toed around the other, carefully maneuvering and playing their two-faced politics, the unexpected happened: the blood demon clan, a small but dangerous and unpredictable breed of demons, crossed the Wastelands and kidnapped a family of angels. A husband, wife, and their young daughter were all dragged from their home at the edge of angel territory. According to the Maleficarum, neither the angel family nor any members of the blood demon clan made it back across the Wastelands, but the angels did not believe them. A public cry of outrage sounded from the angels, and the Holy Council demanded recompense. The demons felt no need to: in the event that the blood demons return, they would be summarily publicly executed for so vehemently breaching the peace, but the Maleficarum washed their hands of any responsibility for a rogue clan. It has been over seventy years since the abduction incident, and with both sides unwilling to back down, a new war is all but guaranteed.

Gaze upon my almighty MSPaint skills and be awestruck!

Okay so the map is kind of meh but hey its more we had in the first thread so go eat a d-

Anyway...

Orange-ish area to the West is demon territory (Hell) and East is angel territory (Heaven). Grey band between them is the Wastelands. Green island to the South is the Beastwild, an untamed and dangerous jungle paradise.

A: Polaris. A cold and snowy settlement in the North. Lots of lumber and warm furs come from here.

B: Vidicorum. Large city. A home of artists and great thinkers.

C:Fort Apolan. Primarily a military stronghold, this walled-off stronghold of a city is also a passage for international trade during times of peace. Demon caravans come here to trade their goods with angel merchants.

D: Osolis Zeraphil. Angel capitol. Known unofficially as OZ. A massive metropolis. The home of both the High Council and the Seven Generals of Heaven, also called the Archangels.

E: Port Ozbael. A bustling and lively coastal city, filled with sailors, hustlers, prostitutes, outlaws, and all other manner of colorful characters. Damn near lawless: it's easy to find fun, but also easy to get into deep trouble.

F: Elizar. Not as cold as Polaris, but tell that to its residents. The cruel North sea winds cover this fishing and trapping village in a damp chill.

G: Falmire. The demon's answer to Fort Apolan, this settlement is bursting with battle-eager demons, of all ages and levels of combat experience. Trade flows through this city quickly, as anyone who isn't a warrior can't leave the intimidating town soon enough. The Blackfire Four officially reside here, when they aren't out training new soldiers or commanding regiments.

H: Ord's Rest. A spread out farming town. Founded by Wilned Ord, a bull demon (or minotaur) who farmed all manner of agricultural products. His town blossomed into a food-producing powerhouse for the demon nation.

I: Shalazaan. A port town and naval military base. A fair mirror to Port Ozbael, the biggest difference is that here, the military polices the populace with an iron fist...so only the strongest and craftiest rogues can thrive here.

J: Azkashi. This city is founded at the base of an active volcano, and the area is hot and swampy. Reptilian and draconic demons are commonplace here, where the mines never stop producing. This city is the acting capitol of the demon nation, and hosts the Maleficarum (aka the demon's governing body).

The angels are a race of higher beings. Each angel is as varied and unique as any person tends to be. The one unifying factor is that every angel possesses a pair of wings, but even then their feathered limbs vary from person to person. Some angels have more than one pair of wings, or even (rarely) no wings at all - though whether they are naturally wingless or have been robbed of their flight in some other way, it again varies. The demons, meanwhile, are a bit more colorful. There are many different clans of demons: wolf demons, succubi/incubi, shadow demons, fire demons, imps, and many more.

Angels have two primary deities: Elohim, the creator of the world, and Eloah, creator of the first angels. Each demon clan worships a different entity, which tends to be the first of their kind, but most demons see Lucifer as the maker of all demons. Atheists in either race are uncommon but definitely not unheard of, though they tend to be looked down upon by the rest, especially the more devout members of their race.

Keep in mind that while I'm pretty willing to let you make your character as you please, I reserve the right to bring down the nerfbat/banhammer on whatever I find OP. I'm also willing to say when you can afford to buff up a power, but that will probably be a more rare occurrence. Be creative with your character and have fun! Make them unique, make them interesting, make them more than just another angel or demon! As far as strength is concerned, keep in mind that you will be growing in power over the course of the RP, culminating in your character's final form via Ascension: their ultimate state that shows off just how much of a badass they are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Twizinator updated True Form (Reboot) with a new update entry:

KEKROMANCY

For plot and story reasons (also because it can be tricky to work with and balance regarding player characters) necromancy is canonically BANNED in both Heaven and Hell. Both sides regard the deceased with respect and believe that they deserve their eternal rest. Therefore, both sides agreed to not fiddle around with the forces of death.
As stated, this is primarily for plot reasons. This should not affect anyone's character as far as I know, as nobody has mentioned using necromancy or powers...
Read the rest of this update entry...

Twizinator updated True Form (Reboot) with a new update entry:

The Top Dogs

I realized that I should probably provide some details as to who composes the Maleficarum, Blackfire Four, and the Archangels. The High Council is none of your concern: they are anonymous, their identities unknown to even the Archangels themselves.
The Archangels:

Jorusiel (Archangel of Chastity): A male angel, unnaturally beautiful. His wings and hair are of a pure, shining white. He is clad in clean white robes, and his skin is like immaculate ivory. His eyes are orbs of black with...
Read the rest of this update entry...

Osolis Zeraphil, the capitol of the angel nation. Unofficially referred to as OZ, this grand metropolis was the physical symbol of angelic wealth and power. The High Council's chambers dominated the skyline. Though the Archangels officially resided here, it was rare to find more than one General of Heaven in the same locale at any given time. There was one General present here, in his office no less, and he had very important business to attend to.

Izaya sat calmly at his desk, patiently waiting for his soldiers to arrive. He had specifically asked for the aid of three people for this task: Astrild, the young prodigy of the Dawnblaze family; Vulcan, the Second Lieutenant in Polaris, who has spent years defending the settlement from the Jotuns among other things; and Meloa, a Gatekeeper for the High Council. Her dimensional transportation abilities would be useful for this mission. Though unfortunately she could not just move them from city to city; she had been worked hard recently and it was starting to show. He made a mental note to submit a request to the High Council to lighten her workload for a period after this task was completed. However, pat present, he had need of her skills, which would considerably shorten the travel time and decrease the risk of demons intercepting his message.

As expected, Meloa arrived first, walking purposefully through the door. The door she had exited from hadn't been there a second earlier, and it disappeared once she was through; that was her special talent for dimensional movement. "General Izaya," she greeted with a curt nod. Her slender build complemented her businesslike attitude, somehow. She was dressed in black heels with black hose, black slacks, brown leather belt with a steel buckle, and a white dress shirt. As usual, her sleeves were neatly rolled up to just below the elbow, and her blonde hair was pulled back into a tight bun. She adjusted -well, more fidgeted with - her steel-framed glasses every so often as she and Izaya awaited the arrival of the other two requested soldiers.

Astrild strode through the halls, her red chain mail occasionally clinking. Her bow was on her back along with a quiver of arrows. What was this mission that she had been called for so specifically? She sighed and brushed her hair back behind her ears. As long as she kept doing these missions, her father would be happy and she would bring her family great fame. Or greater fame since they were already so well known. If this was another standard mission that anyone could do, she was going to scream.

She walked through the door and observed who was here. The General was of course sitting there, waiting. Meloa was also there, which meant they were most likely going to be transported around a lot. She was not looking forward to that; transporting always left her with a sick feeling in her stomach.

"General Izaya." Astrild bowed in a militaristic way, then stood off to the side at attention. It was less a conscious action and more of a habit.

Vulcan walked through the door to Izaya's office and stopped, taking in the room. He saw General Izaya sitting at his desk as usual and though he didn't know the blonde angel standing in front of the desk personally, he knew Meloa by reputation. He started as he saw the rooms third occupant off to the side but didn't let it show on his face. Vulcan stepped forward and slammed his fist to his breastplate in a salute. "Reporting as ordered General." He stood stiffly at attention, out of all the Generals he trusted Izaya the least, there was just something about him Vulcan didn't like.

"You can't just flap your wings without thinking, you need to read the wind as much as you need to manipulate it."

Sanz was sitting on one of the lowest branches of the tree, his own wings spread wide to maintain his balance. In both of his hands he held a much smaller one, which connected to a young girl

"Sanz, are you sure?"

Sanz smiled at the girl who was on the tree branch with him. Like him, she had long blonde hair, but possessed wings of a deep crimson hue. There was also a flowing golden birthmark along her right arm, with a white fuzzy tail just poking out from the seat of her pants. She looked no older than seven or eight years.

"Yes, I'm sure you can do it Sha'ira . We have the wind in our veins, and think of how proud mom will be when you show her you can fly!"

The girl gave a nervous smile and spread out her wings. Sanz kept ahold of her hands as she leapt, then he gently let her go. For a few seconds she had it, floating and flapping her wings to stay aloft. Then she panicked, causing her to fall to the earth. A brief gust of wind blew beneath her, and she was back in Sanz's arms

"You had it for a second!"

The girl, apparently named Sha'ira, looked up at Sanz

"Big brother, please don't let go of me like that . . ."

Sanz gave a smile and ruffled his little sister's hair

"Okay, next time I'll fly with you. How does that sound?"

The three necessary angels now present, Izaya grinned. "Good, you're all here. Before I debrief you, I feel that introductions are in order. You already know me, of course, and I know all of you. However, I doubt you know each other very well, and this mission will be just you three. This fine young woman here - " he gestured at Meloa, who smiled softly, "Is Meloa Ala'Zel, one of the Gatekeepers in the service of the High Council. She will be helping you along at the outset of your mission."

"I am certain you all will recognize the name 'Dawnblaze,' yes? This young lady -" he nodded to Astrild, " - is Astrild Dawnblaze, a veritable prodigy of her age group. Her skill with that bow on her back is extraordinary."

"Last but most definitely not least we have Second Lieutenant Vulcan. I trust you are all familiar with his influence in combatting the Jotuns near Polaris not terribly long ago."

Izaya stood and moved over to Vulcan, handing him a sealed envelope. "My mission for you three is to deliver this message to a contact of mine in Fort Apolan, to the far West near the Wastelands. To get there, you will be passing through Vidicorum. Ms. Meloa will be seeing you off: she will be able to transport you to about two miles Southeast of the city. From there it is up to you two." He lowered his voice in seriousness. "The reason for involving so few people in this is, obviously, because of the contents of that envelope. It is for the eyes of my contact only, who you will meet inside the Spearhead Tavern. Have your wits about you: spies and moles could be anywhere. I would rather this not get into the hands of demons." He smirked. "Of course, that's why I've sought your employ. Your talents should be more than enough to assure this message's safe delivery."

At about that time, Meloa gestured swiftly to her side, summoning what appeared to be a thick, oaken, double-doored gate that now stood roughly in the center of the room. "Ready whenever you two are," she said with a nod.

"As she says," Izaya smiled. "Your mission begins now. Best of luck - though knowing your track records, you won't need any."

Vulcan accepted the envelope and stood for a moment eyeing Izaya. Something was definitely off, the mission sounded way to simple to Vulcan there had to be a catch somewhere. Not that he was going to say so to Izaya. He merely saluted then nodded to his counterpart turned then stepped to the door. He stood admiring the doorway for a moment, it was an intricate working and not everyone could make a portal like this. "Impressive" He said as he turned his head looking at Meloa and smiling. Then he took a deep breath and stepped forward opening the door. Through it he could see a thick shaded forest. He took a deep breath and stepped through ending up standing in a stand of trees. He looked around making sure they weren't being observed then turned and whispered " all clear."

Floating through a city in Angel territory, Vidicorum, Dystopics relaxed as he watched the pedestrians pass by. Lounging on what appeared to be a rather luxurious lounge chair, and suspended under a rather large balloon, he supposed he might be a rather odd sight to behold. Watching some of the confused and condescending gazes, he thought to himself, 'Bah, I've seen them use modes of transport more ridiculous than even this.' Pulling a cord, which through a small mechanism caused a fan to waft back and forth behind the lounge chair, he smiled. The best way, he thought, to remain incognito, is to be what people dont want to see. Navigating slowly through the city, he wondered just what kind of liquors these angels could offer. It'd be a challenge to arrange a supply line to his bar, but if the booze is good enough... Pouring a snifter of a fine brandy, he laughed as he drank. He, a demon, was riding a floating chair, through the angel territory, and no one had noticed.

Astrild stepped through and cringed at that feeling when you pass through a portal. She really was never going to get used to it was she? It made her feel nauseous. But, she had a mission to finish at the moment. She examined her comrade for this mission; she'd heard a bit about him and she didn't like a lot of what she had heard. He'd been compared to the Dawnblazes, of all things! It was insulting to her family that the comparison was being made at all!

"Let's just get this over with, shall we?" She kept her voice low, as was habit at a time like this. "I'd rather get back and be sent on an actual mission instead of playing messenger for General Izaya."

Far from nobody had noticed Dystopics: several angel soldiers were moving in on his position. They were not ordered to engage, merely observe and be certain the demon did nothing to harm the populace. If this had been any other city but Vidicorum, Dystopics would already have been placed under arrest.

------

Meanwhile in Azkashi, a similar situation was preparing to play out. Urutel, the First Seat of the Maleficarum and the Archdemon of Pride, sat at his own desk, preparing for the arrival of his own pair of mission-goers. For this particular assignment he had requested the aid of one of the Executioners under his command, and the son of one of the most famous to ever bear that title: Makos. His other request had been the Aeshma herself, Mi'Kiri. Those two would do handily for this mission.

Mi'Kiri stalked towards the office of Uretel, her axe thrown over her shoulder nonchalantly. It had been so long since she had been able to go out on any sort of mission. They hadn't been entirely pleased last time when she slaughtered a few angels who got in her way. Something about killing without reason. Her question had been "you need a reason to kill?" The response had been less than favorable.

She entered the office and simply nodded to Urutel. Mi'Kiri didn't feel the need to speak a greeting to anyone, even if they were a superior of some sorts. Her back thudded against the wall as she leaned up against it, waiting for whoever was joining her.

Makos' plate clanked as he walked briskly down the hall. 'Another day, another mission. Seems that Uretel has been busy as of late though.' He smirked at the thought. 'Wonder what cards our benevolent leader has been playing under the table this time. Makos turned, his cloak billowing as he approached and entered the doorway in one motion. "Urutel." Makos said, bowing his head slightly. "To what do I owe the daily honor?" He finished his sentence with a slight smirk. "And to be in the presence of one so renowned to be called a 'weapon'." He said chuckling softly, turning to look at Mi'Kiri."...You must really want something, or someone, to disappear."

Urutel offered no sign of amusement at Makos' greeting. Frankly, he offered no signs of any emotion whatsoever. He merely nodded in agreement. "Yes. As a matter of fact, I do." He twisted his hand in the air for a moment, and in a plume of flame a black folder appered in his grip. He opened it and scanned the contents. "We have a spy among us, lady and gent," he said. "A water demon, by the name of Sekko Lizoya. Said to be of the shark subtype, but his official title is 'Barracuda'. It has been unanimously decided that any likening to a shark with regards to this man would be an insult to the apex predator of the sea." He flipped a page; as he spoke, he had thus far yet to look up from his documents at the two. "Some of my peers would opt to handle such a matter with discretion and subterfuge, eliminating or converting the double-crosser without the enemy employer being aware it ever happened. I disagree. If I planned to take such action I would not have called either of you here." He actually glanced up at Mi'Kiri for a fraction of a second. "Subtlety is not your field of expertise. You will be travelling through Falmire, across the Wastelands, and into Fort Apolan, where he was last . You will capture Barracuda in broad daylight. Alive. Though if he resists, his life is none of my concern. I doubt the angels will care as long as you do not harm any of their people. Rather, they will likely be glad to be rid of a demon in their midst."

This is a physical description of your target," he said as he tossed a small roll of parchment to Makos. "He'll likely be concealing his identity with a cloak or something equivalent, so be watchful. One last thing," he started, and now he actually looked them both in the eyes. "I am sure you don't need to be told this, but do not dawdle in the Wastelands. Especially keep clear of that volcano. I am investigating it, but until I determine precisely what is going on, do not get anywhere close. Move swiftly and efficiently. That is all. Go." He returned his attention to more of his work, as if his dismissal meant they were no longer present.

Makos picked up the folder, flipping through it quickly. "Hmph. Fish out of water has never been so true." He muttered, handing the folder to Mi'Kiri, before turning to leave, stopping just short of the door and asking a final question over his shoulder. "I'm to assume that we will be providing our own transportation Urutel?"

"If you wish," Urutel replied calmly, his focus unbroken from his copious amounts of paperwork. "Though should you desire to take a carriage, there is one prepared under my authority that will take you to as far as the edge of the Wastelands, one way, no stops. Up to you."

"Eh. Sounds easy enough." Mi'Kiri could feel the anticipation of blood from her axe. "We'll see if he comes out alive or not." She chuckled and was about to follow Makos when she heard Urutel's words. "Might want to be as rested as possible for the Wastelands. Never know what you'll find there..." A broad grin covered her face. Stay away from the volcano? Sounded like an invitation to her.

"Carriage it is." Makos said, continuing through the doorway and out into the halls, assuming Mi'Kiri would follow suite. "The locals will probably have riding animals if the distance is much further than drop off, though if it's short enough, wings will make due." Makos' mind had switched into it's tactical state, one which was as sharp as the blades on his wings. "Urutel spoke ill of that volcano, which means he fears it, or whatever is in it. Maybe even, a power stronger than himself?" Makos said bemusedly. "Should our travels go near it, investigation will be second priority, as I enjoy not having the Maleficarum trying to skin me alive for heresy." Makos chuckled at the irony of an executioner being hunted by another executioner. "That's not to say that looking at it is impossible, and should there be no other safe passage..." He let the sentence trail off as he smirked.

Vulcan looked aside at his counter part sizing her up a bit more now that they were alone. "So this is the Dawnblaze prodigy" he thought to himself. Vulcan new her reputation with that bow and by all accounts it was well earned and she apparently thought so too. She seemed to carry herself with a casual pride and arrogance, that was to be expected he supposed, Vulcan knew well the arrogance of the Dawnblaze family. " I know what you mean" he murmured. "But don't let your guard down, there's a catch in this mission somewhere. Nothing is ever simple with Izaya involved."

"I could care less if Izaya is involved or not. I just want this done and over with so that I can get back to actual useful tasks." Astrild responded with her usual care-free arrogance. "We should be able to get into the city, drop off the message, and return to the capital before dinner time." Just out of having a cautious nature, however, she pulled her bow off of her back and set an arrow at ready. "Let's get moving." She led the way, still with all of the same confidence but showing that she wasn't too arrogant to be cautious.

---

"...boy, we're going to get along well." Mi'Kiri laughed out loud as she followed her counter part. "I was more thinking that being told that a place is too dangerous makes it a challenge, but I"ll take your theory about it too." Mi'Kiri's fingers tightened on her axe's handle, feeling the smooth bone surface mottled by the few rough spots. Sometimes, she forgot that the handle was nothing but angelic skulls fused together. "Just as long as I get to spill some blood over the next few days, I could care less what happens otherwise."

As promised, a carriage was awaiting the two demons, the four hellhounds tasked with pulling it panting eagerly. These giant flaming wolves were four feet tall at the shoulder and extremely muscular. Their fur was coal-black and the fire that roared from their backs was a deep crimson, as were their eyes. Once Makos and Mi'Kiri were loaded into the carriage, the driver cracked his whip and they were off.

The speed of a quartet of hellhounds is awe-inspiring, as they raced across the land, their smoldering paws leaving black scorching prints as they ran. Their travel would take them around the South edge of Falmire, skirting the city as they continued on towards the Wastelands. No stops, just as Urutel had said.

---------

The radiant Archangel Zelena had heard of what was going on in her fair city of Vidicorum: some rather eccentric demon was causing quite a stir. She departed from the church to the East and followed the angel minutemen that had sortied around Dystopics' position. As she approached a benign smile signaled her peaceful intentions. "Lord Dystopics of the Bastion. To what do we owe the honor of your presence?" She asked kindly.

-------

As Astrild and Vulcan entered the city, the young Dawnblaze angel would have a sudden vision: she was underwater and a shark was closing in from the distance, clearly intending to devour her. The vision was extremely brief, and over so quickly that it was hard to say if it had ever happened. Fortunately, its short duration meant she would not be crippled by it. Besides that, she didn't have the time pat-present to worry about it. It didn't take them long to find the Archangel of Kindness addressing what appeared to be a demon sitting in a floating chair.

"There we go, don't worry I won't let go."

Sanz was flying just above the treetops outside Vidicorum. His right hand was holding onto Sha'ira's, her frame wobbling in the air as she tried to stay aloft on her own power. As they continued to go across the sky, the image of Dystopics and Zelena became quite evident from their position.

"Big brother? Who is that?"

Sanz gave a smile and sat down on one of the nearby treetops, Sha'ira settling in his lap.

"That is Zelena, one of the seven archangels. She is known as the kindest being in the world."

"Dystopics? Lord? Since when?" shaking his head lightly, "I will inform him of this immediately!" he said, as he manipulated the water soaked bottom of the chair. Acting as ballast, without the water holding down the chair anymore, it began to slowly rise. "Oh dear, It would be terribly impolite of me to not offer such a kind young lady a drink before I go, but I'm afraid I must. I'm late after all," he said, manic grin plastered to his face, "For a very important date!" Laughing maniacally, he rose off into the sky, before proving once and for all that you should never drink while operating any sort of vehicle.

THUD

Laying on his back, ground slightly cracked around him where he landed, he muttered, "Well, I guess I'm just going to have to be late after all." Sitting up, his eyes widened with glee, as he saw the unbroken bottle of wine he had been carrying. It was his last bottle of Ice Wine, a Bastion specialty, and after a fall like that, he was glad to have it. Holding it close to him, he laughed again, as he thought, 'Oh, this is so much fun! I have to do this more often.'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back