• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Treasure Planet: The Great Voyage

Ryse

198bbf41fc352c87a9d791bb77687031.jpg

Sooooo yeah, this is a thing. Needless to say i'm a big sucker for Disney and after recently having a discussion with a bunch of buddies about some of our favorite movies from the good old Disney days the topic of Treasure Planet was brought up and we ended up talking about it for a good hour or two. And with that conversation my muse has been reinvigorated and so has my interest in the movies setting and universe, so with that being said here we are. Ideally i would like to get a small group together who would like to a d&d style campaign in the world of Treasure Planet. The plot i have in mind is relatively simple; a number of individuals from different backgrounds end up getting pushed together by some kind of common goal.

In my mind i would think that a big 'bounty' would be the center of focus at first. Perhaps a crew of savage pirates have stolen riches from the royal family along with other secret artifacts and weapons that could be devastating in the wrong hands. Naturally, the royal navy is deployed and most of their forces are lost in the pursuit. As a result the government puts out a public bounty with a big cash reward and what not for anyone who can bring these pirates to justice and reclaim what was lost. Our story will focus on a bunch of people either trying to make a quick buck, attain fame and glory, or just seek the adventure for the sake of it and end up making a crew to venture out to the stars and that eventually leads to the first act which is hunting down this pirate crew which leads to the second act which is them finding the map to 'treasure' planet which obviously makes this RP an AU that does not follow the original cast or story.

So, anyone interested? I think this would be fun and it would create a lot of focus in the RP if everyone is apart of the same crew working a ship; makes for fun times.

I'm toying with the notion of playing a Felinid graduate of the Port Ivy Naval Academy who ended up being court martialed out of the Royal Navy for insubordination, and who now looks for an opportunity to either do something epic enough to win re-admittance to the Navy or at least make enough money to pull her family out of poverty and set her parents up for life.

I'm toying with the notion of playing a Felinid graduate of the Port Ivy Naval Academy who ended up being court martialed out of the Royal Navy for insubordination, and who now looks for an opportunity to either do something epic enough to win re-admittance to the Navy or at least make enough money to pull her family out of poverty and set her parents up for life.

Oh snap alright, so you and I both have similar ideas. I’ll contact you and we’ll see what we can come up with ^^

Oh snap alright, so you and I both have similar ideas. I’ll contact you and we’ll see what we can come up with ^^

No reason we couldn't have been insubordinate together. Would be a natural way to handle "How do we know each other?'

Well, I guess someone is going to have to be the straight-laced crewman for all these wild cards to bounce off of. How does a socially inept bookworm with an encyclopedic knowledge of spacefaring naval combat and a pedantic observance of rules sound?

Ok so my plan is that my girl is trying earn some money to pay of her family dept and she also has a father that left them. She thinks he just some low life that gambled everything away but turns out that might not be the whole story. Her father has something to do with the pirates they are chasing after.

That's the ruff draft of my idea so far.

Ok, just checking. I saw you listed your character as Polarian, so I wanted to make sure there wasn't a list of races I needed to observe.

Ok, just checking. I saw you listed your character as Polarian, so I wanted to make sure there wasn't a list of races I needed to observe.

Oh shiz. I just made that up my guy, it is a sci fi setting with Victorian themes so i just made up a species with blueish/purple skin and called them Polarians xD

Oh man I love Treasure Planet, it's one of my favorite Disney movies! Mind if I get in on this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back