• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Trapped in the Mystlands - Weird Science/Zombie RP

Camillé was still trembling.

"Is there anything here for us, besides a roof, and some medicine?" She asked, worrying her bottom lip between her teeth.

"I hope that dog is okay." Lukas thought out loud.

"Is there anything here for us, besides a roof, and some medicine?" He heard the drenched woman talk.

"... Ech..." The black knight looked around himself and the dark farm house. The air had made the man feel uneasy and the eerie atmosphere of the house wasn't helping him at all. his adrenaline rush hadn't ended yet and kept him wary of his surroundings. Everything seems quiet, still and dead. Senses had sharpened in the darkness, his ears could hear the vibrations of the air and the short lived winds created by his or the red head's motion, and his eyes had adjusted to the darkness so he could see a bit better.

"I'll go see if we can burn something to get that fireplace started. There might be some towels in that wreck over there." He pointed towards the broken down kitchen. The two really needed to dry themselves up and get warm.

"You can stay close to me or check what's upstairs." He walked towards the kitchen with his firearm pointing in front of him.

Last edited by a moderator:
The kitchen was a small affair with a pump sink and a wood stove. The cupboards were open, exposing a spice rack with salt and various other seasonings and canned food.

A soft-drink in a glass bottle laid out on the counter, probably flat. The most interesting feature however, was a piece of beef laying in the sink defrosting. Presumably after being in the ice box for some time.

Camillé was about to give her answer when she spotted the meat.

"We...we are not alone." She murmured, walking closer to the slab of meat. She shook her head gently,

"Something tells me we would rather be..."

"Om det Gudar." Lukas mumbled to himself in his Germanic Swedish accent as he saw the slab of meat melting in the dark kitchen.

"We...we are not alone." The red head had said a whist shaking her head gently from side to side.

"Something tells me we would rather be..."

"No." Lukas raised his voice.

"We are not going out in that cold wet hell - not like this."

Thump. Thump.

His heavy footprints echoed on top of the solid wooden floor, spreading his presence ever more on the first floor until he arrived to the base of the stairs that led to the next floor. He slowly went up the wooden stairs, producing a creaking sound with each step he progressed, with his gun holstered in front of him and his right arm ready to either smack something down or to fire his two shots.

Upon mounting the stairs, Lukas entered a narrow hallway. The floral print wallpaper was peeling and the floorboards creaked at an unbearable volume. The first doorway he looked through was on the left. By the dim light of the red moon cascading in through the window at the far end of the hall, he could see an old-fashioned flush toilet, bathtub, and a small sink within the closet-sized room. It was unoccupied.

The next room was the first and last doorway on the right. As he peered in, he saw a small bedroom, with a bureau set under the window on the far wall and a brass bed beside it.

Within the brass bed was a man, no younger than his thirties but no older than fifty, with messy, short brown hair and round glasses holding a revolver pointed at the doorway.

When the man saw Lukas he was physically startled. But he quickly raised the revolver and cocked back the hammer. "Wh-wh-what are you doin' in my house?" He croaked in an oddly-jumbled accent.

"Taking shelter from the rain and whatever monster that's riling the mutt outside." Lukas replies flatly with his gun cocked at the man's chest.

Lukas was thinking about taking cover by the side of the door if things got bad. He can't move now that both of these men were staring down at each other's gun barrels and he didn't want to risk alerting the already startled man. He prays that the French red head would not head up here and felt pretty tense. He doesn't want to get injured because he already is starting to carry the burden of his travel companion who's growing ill, cold, and needs to dry herself.

He waited for a response from the brown haired man.

The man was tense. "It's customary to knock first, mister." His eyes went from Lukas' face down the gun barrel.

"Why don't you put that gun down? I'll see if I can't find some clothes..." The man grabbed the covers and made to get out of bed.

"Ursäkta mig. Pardon me of my intrusion." Lukas apologized.

The dark knight lowered his weapon and eventually pointed it to the floor when he watched the man get up from his bed. He blocked the door with his plated body and basically stood about as the man began to dress himself in his odd selection of apparels. The pair of transparent objects, looked familiar to him for another reason but he can't quite figure out why and tossed trying to figure out what they were.

His thoughts returned to the well being of himself and his travel companion.

"Would be nice if we could get some light and heat in this house."

Camillé entered, having wrapped a makeshift shawl around her from the couch. "What is all this fuss abo..." She stopped dead in her tracks,

"A man? Another person?" She covered her mouth, "is he...?" She paused, looking to the knight for confirmation that he was "alive".

The man yawned and tucked his pistol under his pillow. He rummaged in the drawers of the bureau and slipped a robe on over his stripped flannel pajamas, buttoning the buttons to his neck on his shirt before tying the robe tight.

He then slipped on a pair of woolen socks and a pair of leather loafers. He breathed on his glasses and wiped them off then put them back on.

He would have been handsome, perhaps, if fatigue wasn't working upon the features of his face. He likely hadn't slept deeply in ages.

"Where did you come from, stranger?" The man asked. He rummaged again through the drawers and found a book matches. Methodically, he struck a match and lit two candles resting in silver candle holders on the bureau, taking one in each hand after sticking the matches in his pocket. The candles cast a warm glow on the dark room.

"Let's go light the fireplace." He said, passing a candle to Lukas for him to hold.

When Camille bursted in, his attention was diverted towards her.

"That was my mother's shawl, miss." He sad with a dejected look.

She gasped, quickly shedding the garmet, despite her pink and blue tinged skin.

"I'm terribly sorry! Oh, please forgive me..." She cried, quickly folding the shawl with a practiced efficiency, and placing it nimbly on a nearby surface, handling it like it may shatter.

Lukas shrugged to the man's question and answered with 'I don't know'.

The red headed woman burst from behind him and almost made him hit her on reflex - the adrenaline rush is still present albeit fading. He didn't take part in the small exchange of dialogue and got out of the way from the bedroom's door and walked first down the steps to return to the living room. He made it back to the dark first floor and stood close to the fireplace.

Curiosity had struck him when he saw the sign that laid unheeded on the partly dusted surface of the floor and grabbed it with his left hands while keeping his firearm close to him. '
The Amalgam Ministry of Health reminds you to kill them twice! Make double-sure or be a ghoul!' Is what the sign had read but Lukas isn't exactly educated in reading English. The enigmatic man had made communication simple yes, but reading seems to be a different issue for Lukas.

The dark Knight doesn't know how much languages are in him but so far he called out words and phrases either German or Swedish. Reading German and Swedish also seems to be a skill that applied to whatever he he was. Intrigued he tried to piece together with the information that he currently has and attempted to link them together. He's in armor, knows how to fight with fire arms and can speak northern or central European words despite being a negro. What kind of man was he? He pondered in the dark room to himself, keeping the sign in his left hand and gun at the ready.

Camillé frowned, and rushed after her companion.

"Mon aime, where are you going?" She asked, trailing behind on her shorter legs.

"Please slow down..." She huffed, shaking once again from the exhaustion and cold. Finally, with a soft "thud" her knees collapsed and she fell to the floor.

"Ooh...Seignor..."

@NeoLeaf

Lukas heard a light thud behind him.

Turning his torso around he saw that his red head companion lying on the floor at the basin of the flight of stairs. Lukas dropped his run, threw of his heavy black gauntlets with a heavy clang and rand over to assist her. He knelt beside her and grabbed her arm right arm. Her pulse was faint, skin stickly cold and full of goosebumps.

Lukas slid on arm under her waist and his other arm under her legs. He raised her off the ground and held her away from his cold metallic chest and sort of hovered her centimeters away from the fireplace. He turned towards the steps and shouted.

"Quickly now!"

She groaned, feeling rather lightheaded. A small bruise was forming on her jaw from the flaw.

"That was...clumsy." She murmured, her vision fuzzy from the fall and her condition.

"Careful on those stairs." The man replied as he trailed after them, candle in hand.

Finally, he reached the fireplace and went for a knob on the side which he turned, causing the room to be filled with a pneumatic hissing noise. He struck a match ad the fireplace became alive with flame as the gas ignited.

"Warm up." The man said. "I'll get blankets."

He walked to the front door and set the candle down, then set his hand on the door as if contemplating locking it. Finally, he decided not to and went back upstairs. It was as if he had left the door unlocked because he expected someone.

Camillé shivered violently. She just wanted to crawl into the fire and curl up...

She crawled dangerously close with the little strength she had and began to warm up, her skin's tint lightening.

"Oh..."

"Can I borrow a few towels?"Lukas called back to the brown haired man.

His armor is wet and he too needs dry himself too. He had carefully placed the cold woman pretty close to the red inferno and rolled her just enough so that her body would be facing the fire. He retracted his arm and sat behind the woman.

The man returned with blankets, towels, and a fresh set of clothes for both of them. He presented Camille with a yellow, floral print dress with a paneled front and Lukas with a massive set of overalls and an equally large shirt.

"I brought towels and blankets." He said. "You can see if these clothes will fit you. They'll be more comfortable."

He heaped these things on the floor, then went to the kitchen. "Coffee?" He asked, as he began to light the stove.

Camillé finally felt herself become sufficiently warm, and glanced up at the man.

"Thank you...what, Ehm, what may I call you?" She asked, rolling over to face him, her shaking having subsidied.

"..." the dark knight was lost in thought for a moment as the brown haired man brought them cloths, blankets and towels.

"Thank you...what, Ehm, what may I call you?"

Lukas looked down at the figure. His dark brown eyes blinked and he tried to describe the what he saw. Hot licks of red flame danced behind her, covering and bathing the woman in orange light. Half her face was hidden by the mahogany shadows in contrast to the soft orange hue that helped illuminate the barren corner of the living room. The French woman's wet hair glistened in burnt orange from the light and remained auburn red in their shadows. Her face was sort of a baby face, with light rosy cheeks, small yet pillowy lips and thick eyebrows. He can't make out the eyes because they were reflected by the dancing lights of the fire and could only assume that they were a light color.

Lukas remembered that she had asked him for his name. The first name that came to mind was Alfonso Hernandez Marie.

" Alfo-" He stopped there and hesitated to speak out the name.

"Lukas Lebenhaupt." he replied

He looked away from the orange woman and looked towards the kitchen where the brown haired man was located. He heard the man asking them if they wanted coffee. An instinct told him to say no and he didn't have any problem heeding the voice of his conscience.

"Owner of this residency," He called back to the man working in the kitchen.

"Would you happen to have tea or hot water?"

Lukas began to slowly shed away his black armor, revealing a chain mail layer and eventually some odd looking cloths that a person would see inside a medieval picture book.

She smiled softly, "I never thought to ask...I'm sorry." She said softly, and sat up, crossing her pale legs. "And you, house owner, what may I call you?" She rubbed her hands together and shook a bit.

"My name is Elias Abbott." He supplied. He fished in the cupboards and fetched a tea bag and dropped it in a small cup, which he set on a tray along with some biscuits and tinned meat. He brought the tray forward and set it out in front of them on the floor before taking a cup from the tray that steamed, black coffee.

He walked to the barricade by the back door and took a wooden dining chair from the pile, coming back and sitting down in front of them.

"Never seen a dark-skinned fella before. Where are y'all from? Surely not the Backwater. I thought the ghouls had overrun that place months ago."

He sipped his coffee and straightened his glasses. "What're y'all's names?"

He spoke with an accent impossible to place. He spoke in southern American phraseology, but without a drawl or twang in his voice. He spoke as if he was of scholarly origin.

"I'm Camillé...she paused, mulling it over, Mercier. It's French." She said, some confidence seeping into her voice. She was recalling, many things.

She sighed, "we both suffer from...how do you say, amnesia?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back