• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern "Traditional" Arranged Marriage Idea

Aato

Social(ly-inept) Butterfly
Salut!

A couple of months ago, I pitched two different types of arranged marriage RPs and hosted the idea that got the most votes. So, now, since that RP has come and gone, I'm back to interest check for the plot that wasn't chosen as the votes were very close before.

The plot revolves more around the traditional concept of arranged marriage in which parents/guardians have determined who you're going to marry and the families have some sort of prior connection. As an RP, this will be a little more 'open' in plot since couples start out engaged as opposed to married. It would probably be most ideal for more highly developed characters as it involves the family too. However, any level of development is likely to be welcomed as you can build upon that as you go, especially with previous relationships being established before the RP begins. I'll likely set this up with 10 people/5 couples and match them at random. I'll be more interested in keeping orientations even (het/non-het) as opposed to sex. This would be a group RP and I would set up events to bring characters together to help break up excessive 1x1-ing.

If not already obvious, this will be a romance/drama slice-of-life style RP. All orientations will be welcome. Ages will be 18-30. I intend for this to be a casual, but semi-lit RP (minimum 2 paragraphs/10 sentences -- which should be fairly easy considering all you'll have to work with unless your character is antisocial, abandoned, and family-less...then you welcomed this challenge). Sign-up will be 'application-based' (where I choose characters most fitting) and forms will need to be complete by a deadline (don't worry - I'm reasonable).

Please like the thread or comment your interest [10 likes or interested comments = creating the thread]. If you have any other questions/comments/concerns or suggestions, let me know via message or post and I'll answer you as soon as possible.

Thank yous!

Aato*^

EDIT:
Here's the character sign-up page.

Last edited:
This might be a silly question, but is it set in stone that the setting will be modern/realistic?

I'm truly down for anything, I'm just curious

Since any orientations are allowed, count me as interested

Marsto Marsto
Realism is my thing, haha, so that's pretty much set. I'm flexible with time periods; however, I was imagining this taking place in modern day.

Glad to know you're still interested. (:

Everyone may not get this announcement, and that's okay. For those that see it, though: I'll likely make the character sign-up page tomorrow around noon or 9:00 pm (EST). I will tag everyone and post the link here when the page is up.

EDIT: Apparently I lied (time just went so quick), but I promise you all I'm working on it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back