• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Totem-Ware Institute of Gifted Individuals

Jz-ahn

About sixty years ago, the first Gifted Individual showed up. A baby with the ability to sharpen their nails to deadly preportions. Ever since then the world has tried to not only explain the reasoning behind it all, but also control and limit them in the form of privately funded and government funded schools, institutions and groups. Totem-Ware Institute... Is not one of them. While on the outside it's a recreation and Reformation institute for delinquents and dangerous gifted minors, as well as an orphanage that raises unwanted gifted children, it's really a secret organization that's apart of a greater web of organizations that raise and brainwash gifted children into becoming assassin's and mercenaries, guards and soldiers, all for hire. No one on the outside knows of the truth about the school, and no one ever will... At least, thats the plan.

Ight so, I had this random dream in my mind about this, and so I said fuck it and why not make a rp from it? Basically our OC's will be students of this institute, some of them can be new, and some can be existing. In terms of character I'm pretty much giving everyone free reign, within reason of course. The few things I will address however is that this is a detailed roleplay, at least two paragraphs a post, and detailed character sheets please? As well as the abilities that make your oc gifted, to be brought into Totem, be it you were raised in here, you got arrested, or you were kidnapped/sold through human trafficking, you are only brought into the school if you have some type of ability that can be useful for assassination, covert operations, being a bodyguard or being a soldier. So pretty much, combat oriented(or medically oriented because that's always needed). Although creativity is always allowed, if you can find a way to make an assassin out of someone who shoots cheese from their fingertips sure lemme see it. Other than that, go crazy!

Also, just to be clear, this to won't be solely focused on the combat aspect. It's definitely there but at the same time we'll be taking a realistic aspect of it. This school is very, very, very dark, with many secrets and illegal matters that we will definitely get to. Also I can not stress this enough, anyone can die. I won't allow just random deaths between characters unless it's planned or something, but say in a fight to the death, or on a mission, one wrong move WILL get your character killed. Don't think that it's impossible for your oc to die because it's just a role-play, so just keep that in mind.

Character sheet

Ooc

Last edited:
Oh boy I like this concept, a den of thieves, liars and murderers. Now my only question is far in the fantasy setting are you wanting to go with this? Like Arcane Arts? With full blown magic? Or kinda keep it limited to the similar mutation listed above?

Oh boy I like this concept, a den of thieves, liars and murderers. Now my only question is far in the fantasy setting are you wanting to go with this? Like Arcane Arts? With full blown magic? Or kinda keep it limited to the similar mutation listed above?
Honestly the concept of magic and the dark arts could exist, possibly as a arc or something. But as for characters I'd rather have people focus on the mutation aspect

A twist on the classic mutation trope? A hotbed of questionable morals? No goody-goodies as far as the eye can see? Yes, yes, yes. "Interested" is now my first name.

I'm making the OC forms now btw, so if you guys have any character concepts you'd like to run by me just pm me, I'm also making the ooc

I ended up falling asleep but I was able to start a new character for this. It's almost done if you want to read it over when it's finished.

While you can still post ocs after that, you'd have to jump in late instead of starting at the beginning

This sounds legitimately awesome tbh
Im interested, but how often are we expected to post?
Oh wow two new recruits! Awesome to have you both~

As for posting? Just post whenever you can, I don't want to rush the roleplay, I also hate when people post like once ever week. So just post at your own pace, although if things get held up I'll ask you to post, or we'll progress with you but you just won't really speak

Users who are viewing this thread

Back