• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Total Drama Fandom: A Multi-Fandom Reality Show

GinkyGotBack

A Very Good Boy
If the title wasn't already clear this is a Total Drama Island (TDI) RP using characters from a bunch of different fandoms. For those of you who don't know what TDI is, it's an animated fictional reality show where 22 contestants compete against each other in an elimination-based competition.

If you'd like a better explanation or you'd just like to watch the show, here are some links to the first two episodes. They should give you a better idea of what it's all about.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way I'd like to set some ground rules for how the RP is going to be both IC and OOC.

Character Creation
  • Ideally, I'd like you guys to have at least two characters each with three being the max amount of characters. One reason for this is since it's an elimination-based competition, someone's character might get voted off the show very early on. By having at least two characters, a person can continue with the RP even after one of their characters is eliminated. It also helps fill in some space for contestants as I would much like to have 22 characters in total like the actual show. I will be playing at least two characters, so besides myself, we will need seven people at the least and ten people at most depending on how many characters people are playing.
  • I would prefer that whatever characters you choose to play as have no powers as it may most likely make for an unfair advantage. I may be lenient with some powers that wouldn't affect competitions or that are just plain useless, but in the end, it will be at my discretion. If there is a character you'd like to play that does have powers, I may let you use them so long as you remove their powers.
  • The minimum age for contestants will be 16 and there is really no limit to how old they can be so long as they're not old to the point of being hopeless. So if you want to play a character who's 300 years old but can still move and perform like an adult, it's good with me.
  • I'm hoping that we can get no more than two characters from a fandom, just so the cast isn't swarmed with characters all from one or two fandoms.

Game Rules
  • When the contestants arrive on the island, they will be separated into two teams which will be decided by myself depending on how I think characters might interact and work with each other. Contestants from opposing teams may interact freely before or after competitions. The teams will eventually dissolve, and the elimination process will continue until only one contestant remains. If the vote comes down to a tie, contestants will vote again, this time just voting for the bottom two contestants.
  • When voting for a contestant to be eliminated, you must vote for how your character would, not how you would. If your character would vote off a contestant that you would like, then I'm afraid that's how it's got to be.
  • There are hundreds of cameras hidden all around the island, which means contestants are under constant surveillance and anything they do or say may be put into the show. Things like contestants changing, bathing or showering are not put into the show, unless something dramatic happens in which case censors are instantaneously edited into the footage.
  • Every three days the teams will have to compete in challenges and on the night of the challenge, the losing team must vote off one of their teammates. The contestant must then walk the Dock of Shame to the Boat of Losers and leave the island.
  • In the time between challenges, contestants are free to do as they please. Contestants from opposing teams may interact and even form alliances if they so choose.
  • To win TDF, it is recommended that contestants form alliances to vote off those who pose a threat to members of the alliance as well as to prevent being voted off themselves. An alliance can only consist of up to 4 contestants. Also, just because everyone in your alliance is voting for someone doesn't mean your character has to. Stay true to your character, even if that means voting for someone else or quitting an alliance.
  • Eliminated contestants are taken to Playa Des Losers, a luxurious five-star resort on a nearby island. Here the losers can live a life of ease and sit back and relax while those who haven't been eliminated yet struggle to win in less than comfortable conditions. Losing contestants may watch the show a day after it's been filmed meaning the most recently eliminated player will be able to watch the episode.
  • After the teams have been dissolved, the contestant who wins the day's challenge will receive immunity meaning they cannot be voted for elimination.
  • While cheating is something that would typically be punished in other reality shows, TDF is very laid back about it and will sometimes even go unpunished if the host deems it as harmless or if it makes for good television. However, if a contestant wins a challenge by cheating and it is discovered before the elimination ceremony, the cheater will most likely be punished or even eliminated. In cases where a team cheats as a group or a single team member cheats to win, the winning team will take the place of the losing team at the elimination ceremony.
  • Has your favorite character or all of your characters been eliminated? Don't leave yet, because there's a chance your eliminated contestant could return to the show! And even if they don't return, they can still relax at Play Des Losers and hang out with the other contestants.
  • Normally, the prize for winning any Total Drama season is an enormous sum of money. However, I've decided that might not be the best reward for all characters, especially those who may already be filthy rich. Instead, the winner of TDF will have any single wish granted (within reason). Your character's ideal wish will be something you'll have to fill out in your CS.

OOC Rules
  • It's basically the same thing you've all heard before. Be respectful to your fellow roleplayers, keep your arguments to OOC, no erotic roleplay, no racism, sexism, ageism, that sort of stuff.
  • If you can't post for awhile or you're dropping out, I ask that you please inform me privately or everyone in the OOC room. If you've gone three days without posting anything and you haven't given any reason I'm going to shoot you (a message) asking what's up. If it becomes a recurring problem where you're forgetting or neglecting to post (either because of procrastination or lack of interest), I'll have to kick you from the RP and eliminate all your characters as a result.
  • Up until the teams are dissolved I will be judging posts both in and out of character, scoring them based on a few different factors and then adding them up. People's scores will be kept a secret from everyone except me and perhaps some mods if anyone ever decides they'd like to help me out. Those with the most points have a better chance of bringing their character back into the competition. Only characters that have been eliminated before the teams were dissolved can return to the island, meaning if a character was voted off afterward, they are gone for good. Here are some examples for what decides the score for a post:

IC
Grammar
Presentation; How nice and neat it looks
How accurate you are to your character(s)

OOC
Socializing
Making plans with other people for your characters
Helping me come up with challenges​

So far I haven't come up with many challenges, so if anyone who's interested has any ideas, I'd be happy to listen to them. If you've made it this far, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to read this very long post and I hope you'll be interested in joining my RP. Also, if you have any suggestions regarding the rules, whether you think they're fair or a good idea or not, I'd be more than willing to listen.

Claimed Characters:
animegirl20 animegirl20 (Kim Possible - Kim Possible/Kahoko Hino - Corda: Primo Passo)
wdinatx wdinatx (Kokichi Oma & Gonta Gokuhara - Danganronpa V3)
_SweetCandy_ _SweetCandy_ (Lena Oxton - Overwatch/Pyrrha Nikos - RWBY)
Killerclown Killerclown (Bluto - Popeye/Moose - Archie Comics)

Last edited:
This looks cool. Can I reserve Kokichi Oma and Gonta Gokuhara from Danganronpa V3?

This looks cool. Can I reserve Kokichi Oma and Gonta Gokuhara from Danganronpa V3?
Absolutely, I'll go ahead and add them to the claimed list!

Also, guys, if you have any friends on RPN that you think might be interested do you think you could maybe ask if they'd like to join?

I’ve never seen RWBY so idk how to depower Pyrrha Nikos, but you could easily do Lena Oxton before the accident.

Hey, Ginky on break here. I'll probably just come up with some McGuffin that keeps those with powers from using them. You guys won't really have to worry about thinking up reasons as to how you can depower your characters.

Hey, Ginky on break here. I'll probably just come up with some McGuffin that keeps those with powers from using them. You guys won't really have to worry about thinking up reasons as to how you can depower your characters.
Ok.

I would like to reserve Kuai Liang, the second Sub-Zero from the Mortal Kombat series. If he's too old, I'll make him a teenager! I'd also like to reserve Spider-Man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back