• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Too Much Fantasy? Never! [OPEN]

Sole Survivor

Roll for Initiative
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
1707624408666.png

Greets & Salutations!
I won't take too much time with the introduction as I want to get into the fun stuff before all this bores you readers. So, here's what I'm in the search for with this particular search. It is mostly fantasy! But some I'd do as modern pairings with supernatural elements! Just ask. If anything catches your eye, feel free to shoot me over a message!

The Rules & Expectations (Yuck—I know!)
☼ 500+ Words Per Post Preferred (But not required)
☼ Take all the time you need per post, and in turn, be patient with me for mine!
☼ Be Comfortable with LGBTQ+ Topics & Characters — I prefer MxM pairings for mains, but I don't mind doubling or writing them as secondary pairings. That said, I will write MxF or FxF if it fits the plot as mains!
☼ Double friendly!
☼ Love Fantasy! I want to world build and make lore for our characters!
☼ Long-Term Preferred, but not Required.
☼ For Romantic Plots, Please Be +18.
☼ OOC chat is welcomed!
☼ Here for Fun!
☼ If you read all of this: let me know your current favorite song!

Fandoms Settings to Inspire
☼ Dungeons & Dragons | Baldur's Gate 3
☼ Dragon Age, Dragon Age 2, and Dragon Age: Inquisition
☼ The Elder Scrolls — Oblivion, Skyrim, and ESO

Word Bank to Inspire
☼ Arranged Marriages, Political Intrigue, & Court Affairs
☼ Wars Between Rival Countries, Peace Talks, Tension, & Treaties
☼ Medieval Settings, Low Fantasy Settings, & High Fantasy Settings
☼ Fluff, Slow Burn, Misguided 'Love at First Sight', Angst, Drama, and Everything In-Between.

Fantasy Pairings / Mini Plots / Little Ideas
|Baldur's Gate 3| Dark Urge x Tav / OC — I know, I know. I love the canon characters but I love the idea of having our characters be invested and getting along. Plus, I'm a sucker for a Dark Urge, resist or not. This doesn't have to be romantic! But I will say that I'm fine with writing canon characters for sides or possible romances if Tav / Durge don't end up together. That said, it all depends!

Beauty & The Beast — I want conventionally beautiful characters falling in love with those that don't match society's 'standards' for beauty, and in turn, showing that love comes in all shapes and sizes. Monster hunters falling for their monsters? Demon like entities able to show their true self and not be shunned by their loves? I am weak for it!

Into Your World — Either a fantasy race somehow ending up in regular modern world were there isn't anything but humans, or a regular human thrown into a fantasy version of the modern world but WITHOUT humans.

Myth Busters — A skeptic decides to prove that the supernatural doesn't exist! So, they turn on their stream and head out to a remote town to meet up with a fan and their grandmother. The fan's grandmother has an old journal that had been passed down in their family for generations that talks about beings that live in the forest, and in turn, all the fan asks is that if the skeptic does find something out there to bring it back for their grandmother. When the skeptic heads out into the woods and performs the ritual... Well, turns out they're sucked into a world that's far different than their own.

Over & Under — There has always been 'two' worlds in a sense, those who live above the ground and those who live in the vast underground. It's not surprising that there's been many conflicts between the two! Political differences, cultural differences, etc. With a war brewing on the horizon between kingdoms above ground, those underneath are seeking to leave their mark for their own benefit or the betterment between the two different worlds.

The Priest Who Heals — The Old Gods, those who created the world, were forgotten throughout the years and new powerful deities have slowly become what everyone believes to have always been. Pretenders! In a remote village, a priest has come forward to those around him and offers a cure to all illnesses. All those must do is drink from his silver chalice and down the red sloshing liquid within — his own blood, though no one knows this. And true to his word, those who do partake are healed for now. But not everyone trusts this man whom merely says that his patron guides his hand. A skeptic decides to investigate and find out the truth behind this man. What does this mean for those who drank from his glass? Is he a man of faith come to heal or is there a far darker meaning behind his acts? Is he one of the Old Gods whose awakened and decided to take back what was once his? All theories, of course.

|Baldur's Gate 3 Inspired |The Hatchling — Raised from their egg away from their creche, this Gith never knew what life was like amongst their own people though those around them raised them as one of them.

Your Art Speaks To Me — A Ruler's heart is swayed by the art of an unknown artist, a man who merely signs his name but no one has ever laid eyes on artist themselves. It took work to track them down, a network of spies to keep track of who sells and who moves the newest pieces of art. When the spies find who they believe to be the artist, they're told to bring them to the palace in the country's capital so that the ruler can meet the artist and ask for a personal commission. It just turns out that maybe the artist isn't who the ruler would have expected.

Childhood Friends — In a world ruled by humans for the most part, most non-human races are frowned and looked down upon. But childhood aren't as cruel as their adult counterparts. So, it wasn't a surprise that a human child befriended someone who didn't look identical to them. Though the friendship was mostly hidden, where the two would meet up after bedtime to run the streets or explore the forest around them. These moments were some of the best of the two's childhoods! But as they grew older, both were pulled back into their respective worlds and in turn that friendship was strained but not quite forgotten by time. Years passed. An accidental meeting of the two comes into play when their childhood friend is arrested for the murder of someone important, and much to the human's knowledge that their friend would never do that, this wasn't the reunion that they wanted. Especially when it's the human that's the guard that's dragging their old friend away. Do they help them escape? Make a desperate plea to try to prove their innocence? Or do they find out their friend had changed more than they thought?

Born From Darkness — Tales tell about a cruel and monstrous king who ruled with an iron fist. He sired many children over the years, mostly children who would never take the throne, but for a darker reason. Years down the line, when this king long returned back to the Earth and his name almost all but forgotten, one of his bloodline (though they were not aware of it) ends up exploring his tome with a group of fellow adventurers. Disaster strikes when the descendent touches the king's old dagger and slices his hand, the blood being absorbed by the blade. When the adventurer's guild prepares for the return of the group to celebrate their findings... No one comes back but the descendent. But he's different now. Almost... a completely different person despite looking the same on the outside. Who is he?

[D&D Based] Metamorphosis & CeremorphosisThere are few cases where a Mindflayer has been able to break from their elder brain; however, it is not impossible. While a Mindflayer does not have a soul—some piece of the original individual can remain behind, namely a cloned version of their personality. Below is a starting point that could explore what it is like for such a Mindflayer in Faerûn: Broken free from the control of their elder brain, the Mindflayer has remained within the Underdark and has chosen to feed off those who inhabit it. However, a wrench is thrown into its plan when a group of adventurers enter into the depths in search of missing individuals from a nearby settlement. The issue? Those adventurers returned to that settlement in hunt of one of their missing companions from a year or two ago as the trail ended there. Given the chance, would the Mindflayer help their own adventuring party since part of them still remembers their old friends? Save the prisoners? Is it possible to have all that again? Especially since one of them was their old flame.

Simple Pairings
☼ Monster Hunter x Vampire
☼ Immortal / Lich x Reincarnated Lost Love
☼ Arranged Marriage (better if spiced up a bit)
☼ Warlord x Betrothed(Arranged Marriage)
☼ God x Worshipper / High Priest / Non-Believer
☼ The Hero x The Big Bad — (very basic plot idea too!)
☼ Assassin x Target / Royal / Noble — (I do have a semi-idea for that but it needs fleshing out)
☼ High Society / Royal / Noble x Outcast — ( very simple ideas that thoroughly need fleshing out)
☼ Demon Summoned x The Individual Who Accidentally Summoned Them / Drew Their Attention
☼ Warlock x Their Patron
☼ Pirate x Stowaway
☼ Pirate x Merfolk
☼ Pirate x Their Royal / Noble Ransomed Prisoner
☼ Soulmate Who Remembers x Soulmate Who Doesn't (Can Be Added with Other Pairings!)
☼ Cursed Individual x The One Person Who Can Break It
☼ Vampire x Reincarnated Love
☼ Fae Lord x Human
☼ Reborn God x Commoner Who Doesn't Believe Them

Last edited:
Hi!! :) Are you still interested in finding someone to write something set in The Elder Scrolls? Would love to chat and figure something out if so!

Hello! I love the plot ideas you gave and would love the chance to write something amazing with you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back