• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom ~ Tokyo Ghoul : Red Rain ~

River smiled at the two as he watched them then went a little wide eyed when she called him brother 'so she has a brother..... This is gonna suck when he finds out' he thought as he watched them diying down on a stool at the bar

@Evergreen98

Masaki saw the scene and smiled at it without saying a single word, he didn't want to interrupt their reunion. "So... This is Renshis families cafe, it makes sense now.." He thought to himself as he waited patiently, he didn't mind waiting, it gave him time to think about what to do with the White Lotus situation, as well as what his next move could be. Masaki continued to look out the window as he watched people walk past and smiled, the ward was peaceful, it was as if nothing had happened.

Yui was really happy " i am so happy your back" she said and Renshi laughed lightly as as he served the food " shouldn't you start working?" He said Yui blinked and nodded. She heard a customer come in and saw that he sat down at the counter. She took out her note pad and walked behind the counter and smiled at the man " what can I get you today?" She looked at River and tilted her head a little wondering what's wrong.

@HellKnight

@Daniel reaver

Renshi then went over to the new customer that came into the cafe. He didn't notice that it was Masaki " and what can I get you?" He said with a friendly smile.

@LeSoraAmari

~♤~

River noticed yui and smiled warmly to her blushing slightly 'so I wonder who her brother is' he thought as he slightly looked over to him a curious look on his face as he watched him

@Evergreen98

Last edited by a moderator:
Renji looked at the girl and smiled, "I'm not sure what I want to eat, but I'll take your best cup of coffee," he said with a smile, "Also, I'm curious, what can you tell me about this place?" The smile never leaving his face. The question he knew was a vague one, as he didn't specify whether he was talking about the history of the coffee shop or of the ward, but he meant it to be that way and would accept whatever answer he got @Evergreen98

---------------

Rei had awakened and got herself ready to head to HQ when she had received the message from Renji, she quickly gathered her things and ran out the door sending a text to him to find out where he was. She may have been a loose cannon and a wild horse at times, but she had heard things about people that had gotten on his bad side. That coupled with the fact that he was CCG'S Right Hand and now her partner made her sweat even before she started hustling through her apartment to the elevator and from the elevator to the street. Hopefully he would at least be there at the meet point and not stand her up like her last partner.

Masaki turned his head when he heard Renshi speaking, he smiled at him and then said "Could I have one black coffee with two sugars please?" He looked up at Renshi and returned the friendly smile as he then added, "It's a nice place, this cafe" he chuckled to himself slighty

@Evergreen98

Yui smiled back at River and then hummed a little as she looked back at her customer " well we make really sweet or bitter coffee... this place is owned by my uncle and is know for it great coffee and pastries. It has a nice friendly atmosphere welcoming all the customers" she said to him with a smile " do you want your coffee sweet or bitter?" She asked him, she can tell he is dove since she notice the metal suitcase

@HellKnight

@Daniel reaver

----

Renshi smiled as he wrote down his order " wait.... are you Masaki?" He asked him recognizing his voice.

@LeSoraAmari

~♤~

Renji thought for a moment, "I'll have it sweet please. Could I also get one bitter and two pastries. Thank you." He smiled at the girl as he went back to his book. The place sure did have a friendly atmosphere, he found it fascinating how people were able to go about their daily lives with such vigor, knowing that the ghoul threat was ever present, especially here in the 20th. @Evergreen98

Masaki laughed slightly and then said "Yeah... It's me" He looked at Renshi and smiled, "I would have thought you would have known it's me, but that doesn't matter, it's funny" He laughed slightly at Renshi as he then looked around the cafe, "It's funny seeing you in a work uniform.. Even though we just met yesterday you don't seem like the type of person to wear a uniform" he smirked slightly with a slight chuckle

@Evergreen98

River sighed as he looked around before getting up and walking back into the house part of the cafe "jasper" he said as he walked into he living room looking for him "hey jasper can I get some thing to eat" he asked softly so no one in the cafe would hear him

@Evergreen98

Yui wrote down the order and smiled " coming right up" she said as she turned around and started to make his coffee "is this your first here?... I never seen you around here before" she said to him.

@HellKnight

Renshi chuckled a little " well I do meet alot of people and..." he leaned in and whispered " you were wearing a mask" he said and stood up straight " plus I use to work here before went travelling around" he said to him and looked at him notepad "anyways... be right back with your order" he said and walked off to the counter Yui was at and gave her the order " one bitter coffee with two sugars" Yui looked back at him and nodded " I am making some now so it will be ready in a bit"

@LeSoraAmari

----

Jasper looked at him and nodded " off course" he said getting up and calmly smiled at River " and you don't have to talk that softly... this part of the shop is separated with a sound proof wall... so we won't hear what goes on there and they won't hear what goes on here" he said as he walked off. "be back with your food"

@Daniel reaver

~♤~

River sighed then nodded as jasper walked off "why do I get the feeling it might go down hill today" he wispered to him self before siting down on the couch and waiting for jasper to return with the food

@Evergreen98

Masaki chuckled slightly and then whispered, "Oh really? I completely forgot about that." He smiled and then nodded as Renshi went to go make the coffee. Masaki knew that Renshi wasn't the only other ghoul in this place, and he was certain that there was a CCG member in the cafe, he just couldn't figure out which one it was, so he let it slide and continued minding his own business as he waited for his coffee @Evergreen98

Renji looked up from his book. "Yes, this is my first official day here. I here to do some work for the CCG, actually," he said in a matter of fact tone, "They believe their to be a serious issue, so I'm just here as an observer, for now." There was no point in lying as it seemed complicated to keep and carry a lie, it was much easier to speak honestly and deal with the outcome then try to uphold a mountain of lies. His phone vibrated in his pocket, it was a message from Rei asking for his location, and he replied before placing it back in his pocket. @Evergreen98

---------------------

Rei rushed down the streets phone in hand, only stopping once it vibrated with a reply. She rushed to the coffee shop, stopping for a bit outside the doors, sweating and out of breath. Now while she was certainly afraid of this man, she wasn't going to let him change who she was just because of his title. She slowly gathered herself, putting her hair up in a ponytail, then opening her jacket to let the cool air cool her body. She was simply wearing a tank top and sports bra underneath her jacket, she liked the mobility it allowed her. As she walked in, finally controlling her breathing, she set her briefcase down as she sat down at the counter next to Renji. "A coffee shop, really?" She exclaimed, clearly not approving of their meeting place.

A few minutes later Jasper came back with a plate of meat and set it down in front of River. He looked st him and tilted his head "something on your mind?" He asked as he went back to him newspaper.

@Daniel reaver

----

Yui hummed a little and nodded as he listened to his answer, not really surprised he is with the CCG. "I see, well I hope you stay safe..." she said to him not looking at him. Renshi then went off to take orders from other customer.

Yui was pouring coffee into Renji's mug and humming softly, when she stopped and her eyes widened when the scent of the new customer that entered the shop was familiar. She stopped for a moment and closed her eyes and composed herself 'calm down... she didn't see my face... and what happened last night doesn't matter... we can always fix them...' She bit her lips and softly sighed. Renshi felt something was off and looked back at Yui and saw her staring at the cup off coffee in front of her. He raised an eyebrow and went over to her " hey something wrong?" He asked her quietly. She blinked and shook her head " oh its nothing... just thinking" she said with a smile. Renshi flicked her forehead " tell me later ok?" Yui pouted a little " oh come on..." Renshi chuckled and shook his head " nope" she rolled her eyes "fine..." Renshi smiled " now... is it ready?" Yui nodded and put the cup of bitter coffee on a tray with two sugars. "Here you go" she said with a smile. Renshi smiled and patted her head and walked back to Masaki " one bitter coffee with two sugars. He said with a smile as he place them on the table.

After Renshi left, Yui then poured a cup of sweet and a cup of bitter coffee. She put them in front of Renshi and then a few seconds later placed two sweets on the table. " there you go" she said to him with a smile and thr looked at Rei " hi what can I get you?" She asked her.

@HellKnight

@LeSoraAmari

~♤~

River frowned slightly as he picked up the meat "I just get the feeling some things Gonna go wrong that's all" he said his thoughts only on yui as he bit into the flesh ripping off a chunk then swallowing it before sniffing a little and going cold faced "it's her" he said old ly hinting at the investigator from last night the smell was faint from the distance between them but It was just enough to set him on edge

@Evergreen98

Masaki watched as the female walked in, holding her briefcase and sitting on the table with the man in the glasses "So my suspicion was right... There are CCG in here, best out my White Lotus training into use and stay alert." He sighed as he then turned to face Renshi with a smile as he brought him his coffee. "Thank you" He picke up the cup of coffee and began to take a sip, astonished at the incredible taste of the coffee. "My, this is good..." He muttered to himself, not really bothered if people heard him or not, as he drank his coffee, his attention was fully fixed onto the two Doves, he watched them both to see if they would do anything and was intrigued by their presence. He knew that the fact they were here meant this cafe was under investigation.

Rei looked at the girl, irritated that she was there in the first place, but before she could answer, Renji slid the cup of bitter coffee in front of her. "Don't worry about her, the bitter coffee and extra pastry is for her," he said to the young lady before taking a sip of his coffee, "That is quite the delicious brew of coffee, miss..." He couldn't see if she had a name tag on or not.

Rei started to object, "Bitter coffee, I don't thi-," Renji interrupted her, "I don't think you want to sit behind a desk either, I think you want to drink your coffee, eat your pastry, and be thankful I bought it for you." He fixed the glasses on his face as he turned and smiled at Rei.

She scoffed, thinking of a retort but after catching the glare he was giving her, she calmed her mouth and grabbed her drink. She hated bitter things, she knew that he knew that, and she would find a way to make him pay for this later. She forced herself to drink the bitter coffee, choking back the want to vomit, but relishing the thought of having the pastry to kill the tats of the liquid nightmare she was being forced to swallow.

"See, it's not that bad." Renji said with a cold smile before returning to his own cup, and looking back to the girl, waiting for her name. @Evergreen98

" relax... nothing is going to go wrong... plus they won't attack in a place filled with people..." he said and got that lady's scent and sighed "don't worry... Renshi is there.. so it's fine...."

@Daniel reaver

-----

Renshi smiled " you welcome.... my cousin made that" he said with a grin " but I think I also make really good coffee too" he said to him as he glance at the CCG. He then leaned in and whispered " it's rude to stare at customers... use your ears instead" he then straightened up and said " if you need a refill just call me" he said and walked off.

@LeSoraAmari

Yui tilted her head a little as she watched the doves before her interact. She looked at the male and said with a kind smile " my name is Yui sir" she said to him politely. She then looked back at Rei, as much as she wanted her to keep drink that coffee, she knew it was wrong " um... I can change that to a sweet cup of coffee if you want miss" she offered the blue hair lady.

@HellKnight

~♤~

"I still don't like this" he wispered before taking another bite of the flesh and chewing it before swallowing his mind fixed on he scents of the girl and yui to make sure she was still ok as he ate

@Evergreen98

Rei quickly put the cup down, sliding it toward the girl. "Yui, was it? Thank you, that would be great." She gave a half smile, the taste still overpowering her tastebuds. "So what's the deal, anyway?" She asked Renji, taking a quick bite of her pastry.

Renji looked over at Rei, taking another sip of his coffee. "I don't know yet, do you have anything to report?" he asked, annoyed at her questioning of him.

Rei chuckled a bit. "Well last night was actually quite interesting," she started, "I caught some little red-haired ghoul playing the grieving daughter in the cemetery. I smashed up the little lovie's parent's headstones, which made her come out. She actually attempted to take my head, then some retarded ghoul showed up," she took another bite of her pastry, "He must've been a fresh one or lost in the head, because the little bigger rushed me and attempted to punch me." She laughed as she recalled the event in her head. "He would've been sliced clean in half had the girl not saved his skin," her voice got a bit rougher at the next part, "Then that One-Eyed, Thanatos, appeared with about 5 or 6 other ghouls and bailed them out."

Renji simply listened as he finished his coffee. "Seems like you're a bit lucky to be here then," he said, pushing his cup to the top of the counter, "had they all decided to attack you may have been at quite the disadvantage. I guess against one SSS and a group of lower level ghouls you could probably easily stand your own with your Arata..." He was more talking to himself aloud, analyzing the situation in his head and verbalized it. "Thantanos, huh?" He looked at Yui, as she was fixing Rei a new brew, "Have you heard any stories about the ghouls of this ward? This ward seems to be teeming with a bunch of troublesome ones," he was back to talking more to himself now, "Thanatos, White Lotus..." He trailed off as he murmured those two. @Evergreen98

Masaki nodded "I'm sure you make great coffee too, but please, give my thanks to that cousin of yours, this coffee is fantastic." He smiled as he continued drinking his coffee and listened to Renshi when he whispered to him and then left, "Use my ears?" He thought to himself as he discreetly listened to the two Doves conversation whilst he drank his coffee, he managed to hear pretty much everything that was spoken and sat there quietly, sipping at his coffee as he did so, "Their conversation is intriguing me so far.." He said to himself @Evergreen98 @HellKnight

Jasper sighed a little " i don't sense an hostility... so it's fine... calm down... I don't want you going out and glaring at them..."

@Daniel reaver

----

Yui smiled back kindly and took her bitter cup of coffee and poured the bitter coffee into the sink an washed the cup before she turned around and started to make her a fresh brew because the pot she made a few minutes ago was finished. She listened to their conversation , she clenched her finger twitched as she wanted to slap at Rei. She softly sighed a little as she made her coffee, ' a cruel world we live in....'

Renshi listened to their conversation and mentally frowned ' so that's why she was behaving like that when that lady came in....' he looked at Yui who was staying calm and had a solemn looked in her face. He then saw her smile and have her cheery atmosphere around and turn to her and place the sweet and fresh cup of coffee in front of Rei.

Yui kindly smiled at Rei " here's you fresh coffee" she mused and looked at Renji's and shook her head " i don't know about them... sorry" she said to him.

@HellKnight

~♤~

River sighed again before finishing his food then strechinng "don't my worry jasper my years have given me enough experience to look and act completely human" he said as he stood up and bowed slightly to jasper then turned for the door into the cafe

@Evergreen98

Renji looked at Yui, "Well in any case, be careful out here. I'd hate to come to a scene and find that you had been mercilessly slaughtered just to feed a ghoul," he started on his pastry, redirecting his attention to Rei, "So you destroyed public property in your little skirmish? The headstone replacement will be coming out of your paycheck."

Rei thanked the girl with an approving nod, and nearly choked on her first sip as Renji spoke. "You've got to be kidding me!" She hadn't realized how loud she had been until she saw the look on Renji's face, and the fact that she was standing up at the counter. She slowly lowered herself back on to her seat, White hot anger plastered on her face.

Renji's gaze had all but frozen her heart solid, and as she sat back down, he spoke. "We're not terrorist, and under my care you won't behave as one," he finished his pastry, turning his attention to Yui, "Truly good coffee and delicious pastries. I do believe I've found a place to collect myself." He pulled out his wallet as he stood up, placing 2 $20 on the counter. "Thank you for your service." He turned to Rei as he gathered up his things, "When you're down here go back and get changed I'll meet you back here in an hour."

Rei clenched her teeth and her fist, watching Renji as he left. "Thinks he's so high and mighty. I hate guys like that the most." She said under her breath, then collecting herself and turning toward the girl. "Thanks for the coffee, you're a life saver." With that she got up and headed out, making her way back to her apartment to get "properly dressed". @Evergreen98

Users who are viewing this thread

Back