ToG In Character Chat

Argeus listened to all of what Evelyn had to say, quietly nodding every so often as he leaned against the wall opposite the bed. While he questioned the need for his tree humor but it made him understand. " As a matter of fact I think I am an irregular as well. I have never made a contract with a guardian." Argeus said getting off the wall and thinking for a moment, " How can a bunch of kids still on Floor 2 be my key to ending FUG? As for 'removing' all irregulars I have an idea. I'll just have to recruit any irregular I can to my cause." Argeus left what he would be forced to do should an irregular not join his cause. "I want to see these kids on the second floor. See what their capable of. Would you guide me to them? You need to release the dream fairy anyway." Argeus asked watching his guide for any sort of reaction.

@QuirkyAngel

Last edited by a moderator:
“An Irregular, eh~?”

Evelyn wasn’t terribly surprised when Argeus revealed himself to be an Irregular. He’d known there was something special about the Satyr. Potential. He’d seen it when they’d first met—raw and unrefined. The lazy smile on Evelyn’s face widened as Argeus continued to speak. Really. He’d just told Argeus that there was no need for him to think so far ahead, and the sapling was already planning on amassing an army of Irregulars to his side. Evelyn clapped.

“Wonderful! Absolutely wonderful. I’m glad to see you’ve got a good head on your shoulders.”

Truthfully, he hadn’t planned on going to the Second Floor. He had other ways of releasing the fairy without getting his hands dirty. Other people to do the job for him. Everything had been set up even before the doors to the tower opened on their own. Twice. He knew the day would come when the people, like him, with the potential to change the tower would show up. He had an associate keep on eye on the First Floor. He’d hacked the lighthouse of Evankhell’s secretary. Evelyn was already keeping an eye on things. The people he was waiting for would reach the twentieth floor eventually. There was no need to take risks…and there were others he wanted to search out as well.

Still, the thought of three irregulars at the same floor, climbing at the same at same time made a giddy feeling run up Evelyn’s spine. Not one. Not two. THREE climbing at the SAME time. There hasn’t been this much excitement in the tower since the climb of King Zahard and his 10 Warriors. If that didn’t spell change in the tower, he didn’t know what would. Besides, if Argeus wanted gauge the potential of the ones on the second floor, who was he stop him? Evelyn was only Argeus’s guide. The one walking the path was Argeus. Evelyn simply wanted to watch the mayhem.

Standing in a single fluid motion, Evelyn walked over Argeus and slung a friendly arm over the Satyr’s shoulder. “Of course I would. I'm your guide. You only need to ask nicely and I’ll lead you to wherever you want to go~”

Releasing the Satyr, Evelyn made his way to the room’s exit and opened the door with a grand flourish. He winked at Argeus. "Whether it be to the second floor or FUG's demise."

@SleepyBuddha

Argeus actually cracked a smile on his usually blank face when Evelyn said all he had to do was ask nicely. Even after getting used to using his mating form regularly he hadn't really gotten used to facial expressions, being that his goat skull of a face he was used to having didn't usually have any expression.

" I appreciate that Evelyn. Let's make haste then. I'd like to get there before the floor test starts if possible. Perhaps we should wait for them on the third floor...." Argeus mused as he walked out of the room and started making his way out of the hotel. With so many irregulars climbing at the same time this was a massive opportunity for FUG as well as him. Perhaps he should come up with a name for his little group as well. " Evelyn, any ideas on what to call this army of irregulars I plan to amass? Might as well think of the name now while we descend."

@QuirkyAngel

She grabbed whatever was nearest for the first few grabs at the food tray, but after that seemed to reach specifically for things with meat. For convenience she moved so her head poked out from beneath the bed. "He does talk a lot," Nyra responded as she dissected two sandwiches and deposited the meaty insides between her teeth. They were sharp.

"What do you think about him?" she asked the question she'd been wondering for a while now. Nona freed herself fully from her hiding spot and climbed on top of the bed where she could reach her arms around her glass orb. "You're strong, I'm weak, but have other skills, but what about Oisin? Headon picked him, so there has to be something there, but all I can't see it."

@Azure Sky

Illiam

Fun times ahead

Such unbridled horror! An incredible about of ominous chills ran up and down Illiam when the old woman looked back at him after "opening" the door again. Illiam could feel how strong the old woman was, it was an innate feeling. Illiam knew that she could break his back in three-hundred and five different ways. Yet, despite knowing full well Illiam could be facing nothing short of a world of pain, he could only smile. Revel in the danger that loomed before him, and embrace the rush that came with it. The old woman approached him, slowly changing physically as she did. She was scarier as an old woman if Illiam was to be honest.

The woman seemingly blinked out of existence, and before Illiam could make sense of what was happening, he felt a rush of air on his cheek. It didn't take long for Illiam to guess the cause. Grandma in this new form had moved much faster then Illiam could perceive. This tower didn't cease to impress. Nana asked if Illiam wanted to learn, to which Illiam responded with a head shake vigorous enough to give himself whiplash. Illiam could feel his excitement growing, his already large smile growing only larger as Nana began explaining that yes, Illiam could learn how to crush people under the sheer pressure of his awesomeness.

Nana gave Illiam a tooth bush and a mission. A mission which Illiam undertook immediately. Illiam gave the tooth brush a test run, and sure enough, the moment that Illiam began scrubbing he could feel the pressure. That euphoric pressure that gave the promise that death could be lurking around any corner. In his moment of ecstasy Illiam accidentally snapped the toothbrush in two but squeezing just a tad too hard. At least now he knew the limits of the brush. Illiam fully extended his arm in dramatic fashion, he kept his body still for a moment before flipping the hair out of his eyes and shouting.

"BOT! Brush me!"

Another brush fell from above and into Illiam's waiting hand. With nothing stopping him, Illiam began scrubbing the halls, yelling as loud as his lungs would allow all the while.

@Azure Sky

Time Skip- TEST DAY

Attention! Because of the fact that only three people are left without teams, the staff decided to make an exception and let them the three individuals form a team. These individuals are Eurasia Aerum, Frostnova Ningor, and Schiller Orin. There is a bot near each of you which will guide you towards your team mates.

The Test of the Submerged Fish

Each team would find itself in a room with the Test Director Yu Han Sung. He'd sit at his desk and there would be three doors with letters from a to c on them, on his right. Above the door from which the Regulars entered there'd be a clock and near the High Ranker's desk there'd be two panels. The first panel had a riddle : "I was yesterday, and I will be tomorrow. Who am I?". The second panel was a quote: "Out of cluster, find simplicity".

Yu Han Sung spoke: "The test is simple. You have to chose the right door. Are there actual clues in this room? Do the writings on these panels mean anything? Who knows? You decide. Staring now you have 15 minutes".

@Rantos @The One Eyed Bandit @QuirkyAngel @OverconfidentMagi @Chayliel @Pyosimros

__________________________________________________________________________________

Tok and Nyra [flashback before the test, their team's room]

After Nyra questioned Osin's skills, and said that she was weak, Tok remained silent for roughly 30 seconds. After a bit of thinking, he spoke: "He managed to come unscratched despite the nature of the initial test, so he must be very stealthy. From what I've seen, he can befriend people very easily, and seems to be quite clever. If he wasn't chosen for fighting skills, then Headon must have chosen him for his brain. He might be highly intelligent. On a side note, you should not call yourself weak just like that. At our current level, determining who is weak and who is strong isn't so easy. Physical strength isn't that important within this Tower. You heard the Ranker, the ultimate power of this place is Shinsoo". Despite his appearance, Tok was not a muscle-head.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Daz, Len, Feya [flashback before the test, Aerum's room]

Daz understood his companion's intentions, but belived Aerum wasn't the type to like sob stories, so he merely combined the truth with a little lie, in a different way from the other two: "I was a king of a country in the Outer Tower. Things ...didn't go well. I want to take back what I lost" he said seriously. After a short pause he smiled and asked: "What about you Aerum? Why are you climbing the Tower?". Truth to be told, he couldn't care less. But making friends with a member of the Eurasia family was not a bad deal at all.

Len and Feya understood that Daz deliberately changed the flow of the conversation. He didn't need to do it, but it wasn't like it hindered their plans. It was merely like suddenly changing the strategy in a game of chess.

Test of the Submerged Fish (Selicity Faars)

Selicity was dead tired by the time the third exam was underway. She blamed Illiam. The boy had been yelling loudly the entire time he scrubbed the building. Sel couldn’t get a wink of sleep. Perhaps the other regulars might have been able to rest, if their rooms were sound-proof. Unfortunately, Team Friendship’s door met an unfortunate demise at the hands of the Amu who believed in Herkaa…whatever that meant. No one bothered to fix the door the third time around. To top it all off, Selicity had sensitive ears.

The Cat Sidhe’s gray ear twitched and she rubbed her left eye in a vain attempt to keep the droopy lids open. The iris was a light shade of red. Selicity blinked, peering blankly the panels of writing on Yu Han Sung’s desk. Her gaze drifted towards the three doors, up to the clock, towards the blonde test director, and finally back towards the panels. She grimaced.

“I don’t knooooow,” A yawn escaped Selicity’s throat. She scratched the back of her head wearily. “I’m tired Illiam. This is all your fault. Seefieeeee, I can’t think when I’m tiiiiired. Someone hurry and figure this out so I can go back to beeeed.”

She didn’t bother to hide the cat-like whine in her voice. Shifting into her cat form, Selicity leapt onto Yu Han Sung’s desk and curled lazily on the surface of the polished wood. She might have fallen back asleep if not for the scent that reached nostril. The small cat lifted her head from her paws and stared lazily at Yu Han Sung.

“Can I have some coffee? Pleeeease?”

@Azure Sky

@The One Eyed Bandit

@Rantos

"Huh!" Despite having been out all night, Oisin was as energetic as he ever was.

"Riddles, huh? Can't say I was expecting mental gymnastics like this after the whole deathmatch ordeal... Probably would have gotten myself a few more winks of sleep if I did... Though that isn't to say I don't welcome it! I'm glad I might finally be of use to my beloved team!" An excited clap sounding throughout the room and a swift shuffling of feet following in tow, Oisin quickly found himself in front of the three doors they'd been presented with. Internally, he pondered. Despite his devil-may-care demeanor, riddles like this... Were right up his alley. All in all, he'd usually find the kind of activity they present a bit of a bore, and with him being who he was, that was certainly saying something. But, an entrance guarding riddle?

Well, he'd always wanted to talk to a Sphinx!

So this was basically just the next best thing!

Really, though, it was quite a bother, Areum thought as she rubbed the back of her head. After she'd spent all that time cuddling up to those sob-story morons, they'd gone and shacked her up with a team of her own? Really? Couldn't they have given the memo earlier? Seriously, if she'd known about it earlier then she wouldn't even have bothered. Now she'd be stuck keeping up that annoying sympathy act, alongside having to deal with the skinny weirdos they'd paired her up with. Who knew what they'd try to dump on her? If they wanted to go spilling their entire life damn story like the last ones, she swore, she was going to kill whatever god thought it would be funny to dump all the saps onto her lap. Or just let them die for her. Whichever came first.

Deep down, she knew she probably should have just been grateful the administration had deigned to give her a team at all, but... Well, Areum had never really been one to pay attention to what she knew deep down.

Especially when it meant she'd have to actually stop complaining for once in her life.

On the whole, the situation was just kind of troubling, it seemed. After spending so many nights sleeping out in the plains with little more than a blanket to cover her, Seefi had at least managed to get a good night's sleep despite all the ruckus... But... Now, she honestly had no idea what was supposed to be happening.

Selicity was counting on her!

But...

What for?

Meticulously, Seefi scanned the room, searching for any tell of whatever to was she was actually supposed to be doing in here. She needed to choose a door, right? But how? The administrator had mentioned something about riddles, but... Never mentioned them? Was that part of the test, or was she just missing something? Perhaps the strangely engraved plaques on his desk had something to do with it, but... She hadn't the slightest idea as to what.

"Ah..." With a fold of her arms, Seefi turned her attention towards her teammates. "Sorry, but... Could one of you explain this to me? I'm not... Quite sure how this test is supposed to be solved... Did I miss the riddle somehow?"

It was disappointing. Just a little. If you'd told him that he'd be asked to solve a riddle for a test, he'd have been elated! Obviously. But... This... Was just kind of an anti-climax. Where was the secret lore? The loaded question? The clever trick? However he looked at it, the whole ordeal was just too simple. Disappointingly so. Two ways to interpret things, and they weren't even in conflict! He sighed. The least he could do was, at least, pick the riskiest door, but with his teammates on the line...

Well, he couldn't very well risk marching them into banishment, could he?

"So! How do you guys feel about Door A?" Despite his usual cheer in his voice, Oisin's words only brought him disappointment. So boring.

"What do you guys think?" Hiding the annoyance in her voice, Areum scanned the plaques in front of her. "Riddles were never really my thing... What does it mean, from the cluster?" Really, this sucked. Taking a test with people she'd never even met before? At least it wasn't one that required them to work in a team... But hell, couldn't they have at least given them some catch-up time last night? Not that she really wanted to talk to sticks like them but, she had to admit, it was a bit awkward to not even know their...

"Shit!" Reflexively, Areum swore. "Crap, crap, sorry! I never even asked for your names!" For once only half acting, Areum spun on her heel in embarrassment. Seriously? Forgetting to ask for their names? Sure she didn't want anything to do with them. But god, if she was going to be stuck with them anyway, she didn't very well need to make enemies with them for forgetting her god damned manners.

"I'm Areum! Er, Eurasia! Good to meet you two!" Uncharacteristically, she bowed. "Sorry about my forgetfulness!" She wasn't. "Let's still get along, OK?"

@Azure Sky

@QuirkyAngel

@Rantos

@OverconfidentMagi

@Pyosimros

Nyra looked around the room. Door, clock, riddles?, doors, androgynous figure drinking coffee. One thing was for sure, this wasn't her kind of test. If she was alone she'd have let Yazi and Siri out to inspect the room and doors. They had better senses than she did, so they might be able to tell if there was something different hidden behind the doors. It wasn't distrust of her teammates that kept her from letting them out now though. True, she didn't put much trust in her temporary allies, but it wasn't that. It was the figure sitting drinking his/her/its coffee. Whoever that person was, they were putting her eels on edge.

She yawned as Oisin suggested door A, using covering her mouth to hide the fact that she was really glaring at that person. Who were they? Nyra didn't have any better idea than whatever had made Oisin pick door A, even if he'd just guessed. Wait a minute, something had just come to her! That person had said to pick the right door. Right door. From where that person was sitting, door A was the furthest right. Ha, she could be just as clever as deer boy.

"I agree with Oisin, door A is the right door," she said.

@The One Eyed Bandit @Azure Sky

Tok Stonebreaker

I was yesterday, and I will be tomorrow

"Therefore, I am today" Tok was thinking out loud. He then looked at the quote. "Cluster... Chaos...Simplicity...Today...Time. Our time is now, to get out of his cluster...the simplest answer would be...What?" he caught on to a few things and was thinking about it. Then Osin came with a suggestion.

So! How do you guys feel about Door A?

If Tok's suppositions were correct, Osin was very intelligent. The antler snail must have caught on to something, even if Tok didn't understand his reasoning. But still, Tok's instincts were telling him that something was a little off. Then Yu Han Sung's words rang into his head.

Are there actual clues in this room? Do the writings on these panels mean anything? Who knows? You decide.

"We decide. Our own decision...!" Tok finally came to a realization. He wasn't sure whether or not he was correct...but he still wanted to voice his oppinion.

"Does it really matter which door we choose?" he asked his team mates.

@OverconfidentMagi

Ningor Frostnova

How interesting. Very interesting. Ningor was paired with two of the people that he wanted to face. Based on how easy they passed the barrier, he belived that they'd be worthy opponents. But right now they were his allies, so he knew he couldn't fight them yet. Still, maybe he'd get to spar with them. He was happy! Even if he kept the usual poker face.

He returned to reality once Aerum presented herself.

"I know, young lady of the Eurasia family. I heard your name during the announcement" he said on a calm voice, maintaining his straight face. "I am Ningor Frostnova. Pleased you meet both of you" he was talking to both Aerum and Orin.

After that the albion returned to analyzing the riddle and the quote. The riddle was very simple really. He started thinking outloud: "The answer to the riddle is <<today>>. If you think about the ABC sequence of the doors, yesterday would be A, today would be B, and tomorrow would be C. Therefore that would lead one to think that the correct answer would be door B. But it can't be that simple".

Out of cluster, find simplicity.

You decide.

"We decide...Simplicity...A simple mind. If I am correct about this..."

"Miss Aerum, I belive you are the key to this puzzle. I have probably solved the mystery. The door which you will choose will most likely lead us to victory" he said, yet again with a straight face. He then turned to Orin and added: "Are you ok with that?".

@Pyosimros

Yu Han Sung and Team Friendship

The Submerged Fish was astonished. There was someone among the Regulars which actually understood the mightiness of instant coffee. He was sure Sel would become outstanding in the future. Yu Han Sung hìhave her a big cup of coffee.

After hearing and watching the girl with fox ears, Yu Han Sung was certain that she didn't know how to read, or better yet, was foreign to the concept of written language. Therefore he proceeded with telling her what the writing on each panel meant.

@Rantos @QuirkyAngel

Daz, Feya and Len

The three already knew the answer so they basically passed the test the second they entered through the door.

@Chayliel

@The One Eyed Bandit

Illiam

Everyday be scrubb'n

Stories, legends, myths or what have you. Thought these the common man and woman can be made great. Though these tales of yore the visage of ancient past seems almost palpable. These that are legend exist everywhere, as is the nature of any race to advance far enough to achieve spoken word. Many great legends abound the land, but very few will ever be able to compete with the greatest legend soon to be known by all:

Illiam and the one night clean.

They said it couldn't be done. They laughed at Illiam for trying. James even spat on the floor Illiam was trying to clean. They were all wrong, oh so horribly wrong.

"You will never be able to clean the whole building with only a tooth brush!" They said. But who was laughing now!

By the time the morning sun hung in the air, illuminating all, Illiam had finished scraping clean the last scuff from the floor of a bathroom. Illiam had done it, the entirety of the building was clean and without a second to spare. Illiam would have laughed at the top of his lungs, he would have screamed to the high heavens and to the hells bellow. At least, that's what Illiam would have done if he had the energy or breath to do either of them. The only Illiam could do was collapse in rag doll style onto the, sparkling clean, bathroom floor. It was a given that Illiam was tired. However he knew that he could not afford a break, for it was day two of climbing the tower.

Between cleaning the entirety of the building, the constant pressure applied when he scrubbed, the robots keeping him awake with death metal and checking up on Sel and Seefi periodically though the night, Illiam got nary a wink of sleep. That much was visible psychically. Illiam looked like death itself. Sunken eyes, even paler skin then he usually had, and breath that smelled of grilled cheese left outside on a hot summer's day. A grilled cheese that also happened to be covered in mayo.

Illiam sprawled on the floor a while longer. His mouth hung agape and spit freely spilled past his lips, forming a small puddle under his head. Illiam got to lay there, half dead, only a moment longer before he was teleported to his next location. Illiam could hardly care about what was happening around him, everything was a daze. Someone was talking, at least that's what he thought was happening. He saw Seefi and Sel there too. Or, at the very least he saw two blurry figures with cat ears. Illiam was very unsure about everything happening around him. However, if there was one thing his highly trained eyes did pick up...

Illiam made his slow stagger over to a man, or woman, Illiam couldn't tell. He was behind a desk, and Illiam had to get past that first. Illiam sluggishly positioned himself until he was looming, glaring, over the man-woman behind the desk.

"Dirty." He said simply.

Before the blonde ambiguity could respond, Illiam placed the toothbrush into his mouth, and began to scrub. Illiam could see it from further away, a spot of unnatural green on his otherwise clean teeth. Illiam couldn't let that slide. Must clean, must clean! If the man would try to resist, Illiam would simply ssh the man and tell him to let it happen.

By the time Illiam was finished with that, he scanned the room for what to do next. His eyes set upon three doors. Doors. Now there was something Illiam would work with. Illiam called out to his teammates to follow, as he tried to break the door down like yesterday. Only, this time rather then a vigorous punch however, Illiam simply pushed lightly on the door a few times, until he realized it wouldn't budge until he twisted the nob. Illiam opened the door labeled B and walked though. When his teammates would finally join him, they would find Illiam on the other side, in a heap on the ground, reach up and opening and closing his hand. As if trying to grab something.

"Seefiii~ Seeeel~ I need your fluff-fluff..."

@The One Eyed Bandit @QuirkyAngel @Azure Sky

"The test is simple. You have to chose the right door. Are there actual clues in this room? Do the writings on these panels mean anything? Who knows? You decide. Staring now you have 15 minutes."

15 minutes to figure a riddle with a few strangers.

Orin stood next to his new teammates: Aerum and Ningor. He recognized both their faces, the same being said for the rest in the room. Orin never spoke any words to these people, nor did he even give a simple wave. This level of self-imposed social isolation seemed strange, even for Orin. If he had at the very least introduced himself to a few of these people, there was a higher chance of outside help. Instead he opted to mind his own business, acting as if he were a complete mute.

Narrowing his eyes on the two plaques, he mumbled the two phrases beneath his breath. "I was yesterday...and I will be tomorrow. Who am I? Out of a cluster find simplicity..?" Orin was more confused than the last time he had read the two sentences. He inhaled softly, letting go the tiny amounts of frustration building within. Examining the doors, it gave nothing connecting with the sentences. A, B and C seemed to almost mean nothing, as if they were simply placed to confuse readers. Orin turned his head over to his two teammates, prepared to announce his confusion. "I..."

"What do you guys think?"

His word trailed on, taken off guard by Aerum's sudden words. Roughly halfway through Aerum's words, Orin shut up. He didn't know what to do, faced with Aerum's fluster of curses and her introduction. He simply stood there, soaking in madness in front of him. 'I never even asked for your names'? It was announced... Orin thought, looking at her with slight confusion.

"My name's Orin. Nice to meet you," he said the words as if his head wasn't completely in the conversation.

"I am Ningor Frostnova. Pleased you meet both of you," Orin gave a rather brisk nod to Ningor's introduction. Simply listening to his voice, Orin sensed general confidence. If one of the three were to figure the riddle, he guessed it would be him.

Ningor was deep in his thoughts, thinking of the riddle. Listening to his thoughts being said out loud, Ningor had already deduced the meaning of A, B and C - something Orin was already impressed by. "Miss Aerum, I believe you are the key to this puzzle. I have probably solved the mystery. The door which you will choose will most likely lead us to victory."

"...What?" Orin was left more confused than earlier. He gave a few rapid blinks, unsure of how Aerum was to be the answer. He turned to Orin, asking, "Are you ok with that?"

"Uhm. Yes," he nodded. Ningor was likely the smartest of the three, his theory was the best option they had at the moment. Even if he were wrong, there was still a 1/3 chance of victory. All Orin needed to do was sit, and hope Aerum would choose the right door.

@Azure Sky @The One Eyed Bandit

"Unfortunately..." Sighing, Oisin's smile turned to one of resignation. "Yeah, it probably doesn't matter. It's kind of disappointing, huh?" Pacing across the room, Oisin approached the blonde-haired Ranker's desk, and hopped on top of it. "No choice matters! Zero risk involved! I know we're only on the second floor, but I was expecting a bit more risk than "You decide." But then again..." His voice trailing off for a moment, Oisin hopped from the desk, landing on the other side. "If you think about it with a little flexibility, you could end up with Door A, too. But... That's a little too wordy to explain... Especially when we're imposing upon a such a wonderful host of a Ranker like we are!" Taking a few steps past his 'host' Oisin came to door A, and leaned against it. "Even if his riddle work is a bit shoddy..." Casting a wary smirk in his direction, Oisin eyed the Ranker up and down.

"Huh?" Really? "You think I'm the key to this?" Was he serious? Jeez, talk about shoving around the responsibility. What the heck was up with that? They'd just met and the guy was already trying to push the blame onto her shoulders if they failed? Hah. As if. "No no, I might be rude... But I really don't think that's the case! I mean, this is all about teamwork, right?" Smiling as cutely as she could, Areum clapped her hands together in encouragement. Like she was going to let some pale scrawny runt push her around like one of his little dolls. "So we should put our heads together, right?"

"We're a team now, so we should act like one, OK? Ningor, Orin?" What a great turn of events. Not only had she gotten tossed in with weaklings, but she'd been tossed in with crafty weaklings. Well, sort of crafty. Not crafty enough, obviously. "If you do ask me, though... I'm not sure..." For once, Areum spoke honestly. "The riddle doesn't really make sense to me... You know? I'm more of a... Doer than a thinker. I kind of feel good about door B, though?" As embarrassing as it was, Areum really was stuck. Nobody had told her they were going to throw this kind of thing against her in the Tower. Seriously, what did this matter? Wasn't the climb supposed to be a test of strength or whatever? Tch. What was the Ranker thinking? Was he some kind of idiot the guys in charge threw down here to get rid of?

Probably.

Both of her companions had been robbed of their sleep, so this was probably up to her. Really...

Really... she felt bad for them... Even if Illiam had brought it on himself, Seefi couldn't help but feel pity for that state he was in. Usually so energetic and now... Well, now he was laying in a pile on the floor. And asking for her 'fluff fluff'? What did that even mean? Was it a delusion because of the sleep? No... Assuming something like that would be rude, wouldn't it? Even as tired as he was, Illiam probably still knew what he was talking about. Probably. So, nodding to herself, she approached him.

"What... Do you mean?" Slowly, she knelt in front of the exhausted boy. "If there's something I can do to help, I surely will, but... What exactly is a 'fluff fluff'?" Genuinely, Seefi was confused. But equally genuinely, she was concerned. For all she knew, this was something serious, after all. Did he need it to stay alive or something? Had they worked him that hard!? No, no, even if that woman had been so harsh with him, there was no way she'd try and end his life, would she? For his sake, she certainly hoped not. To have a scary woman like that as an enemy... The thought made her shiver. And if she was Illiam's enemy, then, she'd likely be her own, too. Even if she wasn't, an enemy of Illiam's, or Selicity's, even as early as now...

...Was an enemy of her's too.

An enemy that he couldn't quite read. The test spoke one thing, but the guy's... Vibe? Spoke something else entirely. Cool, confident... Aha! He didn't have the atmosphere of an idiot at all! Maybe he should have been paying attention to that guy instead of the riddle this whole time! Man, that was a little interesting. He wasn't really sure why, but he couldn't help but him the guy interesting. By all means, with a test like his he should've just written him off as some newbie tester, but... What this what they called a gut feeling? Man, that was great! A total ray of sunshine on his day!

At once, his resigned expression returned back to its regular cheery state.

"But hey, I guess there's no point in sitting around here complaining, let's go! See you, rankerman!"

And with that, he opened the door, and vanished through its depths.

@Rantos@QuirkyAngel@OverconfidentMagi@Pyosimros@Azure Sky

Yu Han Sung and Team Friendship

The Submerged Fish was wierded out by the Regular who suddenly inserterted a tooth brush in the High Ranker's mouth and started cleaning his teeth. Yu Han Sung felt an unusually strong desire to feed him to one of his pets. But he realised it was Illiam. He knew Helios had plans with him, so he thought it would have been better to not harm him yet. It was clear the young man was tired after Yaga put him to work. But that didn't mean he'd let him off the hook.

Illiam's recklessness however, saved the team as he chose a random door. Indeed, all three doors were correct answers.

"Congratulations. It was pure luck and recklessness, but you passed the test" he said, on a neutral tone. Then he suddenly came to a realization and a big smile appeared on his face. "Oh but it seems yout team mate is really tired and you may need to help him get up and assist him to the next stage, so I'll make your task easier" with that said Yu Han Sung shrunk Illiam to the size of a little kid.

16ad04a096e2e655386ef82bf19a39f5-d8sv0g4.png

"Don't worry. It barely affects his physical prowes. And I'll turn him back...eventually" he said, with a big, sadistic smile on his face.

Yu Han Sung and Osin's team

"You are indeed correct. All doors lead to the next goal. You have passed this test" he said.

Yu Han Sung and Aerum + Peasants

Ningor sighed at Aerum's statement. "I merely wanted to give you the moment of glory. But since you can't take a hint..." with that said  Ningor went to the three doors and randomly opened one (door C). "All options are correct. We are the ones who decide our path" he sad while looking at the Submerged Fish.

The High Ranker smiled. "Yes, that is true. You have passed this test. You can go through the passage beyond the door for the next challenge" he said.

NEXT CHALLENGE

Each team would be teleported again and find itself in a room divided in three by transparent Shinsoo-infused walls. Each section was destined to one player of the team. Inside each space there was a predatory creature known as the aquatic wildcat.

44da4e291f1ae6cb32019dce690ad0ab.jpg

"This test is merely to determine what position would suit you best, by analzying how you deal with the creature in front of you. You have permission to kill it as well. Each of you will deal with an aquatic wildcat on your own. Once you defeat it, you will be given permisson to bypass the barriers and help your team mates. Keep in mind that if you're in danger of being killed, only your team mates can save you. After this test is over you will find a screen in each of your team's room which will display how other teams handled this test, so that you can understand who you will be competing against" said the announcer. After a short pause, he added: "Feel free to give your team mates advice and to lend them weapons before they step into the area where the predator is located".

Tok Stonebreaker

The accel-turtle took out the Dual Quake daggers and gave them to Osin. "You will likely need these for this test more than me. I have already spoken with them beforehand. They will ignite at your command" with that said, Tok entered one of the three spaces within the room, ready to face the beast in front of him.

@Pyosimros@The One Eyed Bandit@OverconfidentMagi@Rantos@QuirkyAngel@Chayliel

Nyra

She couldn't help from letting a little smile peek out upon seeing what the next test had in store for them.  This she could handle.  "Try not to kill it!" she called after Tok as he went right into his section of the room.  She wasn't sure if he heard her or not.  There wasn't anything she could do to stop him from killing the creature if that's what the turtle decided on doing.  Turning on Oisin instead, she glared at him silently with her unsettling gold eyes.  "If you kill it, I won't forgive you."  Nyra spoke calmly, but there was definitely a threatening edge hidden just beneath her words.

"Have fun," she said with a cursory wave as she entered the middle space.  The creature growled as she entered.  That didn't seem to bother Nyra one bit.  She walked with calm, measured paces directly towards it.  The predator looked like it would run at the girl, it's body language certainly showed that it wanted to tear the girl apart, but as Nyra kept walking closer it was the aquatic wildcat that began to inch backwards away from this intruder into its space.  It seemed to be... afraid? of the small girl before it.  Or rather, of the glass orb she held, for if anyone watched the wildcat's eyes they would see that they never wavered away from that.

Nyra stopped, and the cat's ears stiffened.  She set down the bowl on the floor and stepped in front of it so her body hid it from the creature's sight.  Now it was forced to look at her, and the creature renewed its threatening that had all but fallen silent.  She continued to ignore those and took a few more steps closer.  The girl had crossed the line and was close enough for the wildcat to cover the distance between them with a single pounce.  Sure enough it brought its feline form closer to the floor, its tail twisting as every muscle in the creature's body moved in preparation for sudden motion.

@The One Eyed Bandit @Azure Sky

Tok vs Aquatic Wildcat

Immidiately after he entered the section of the room to face the predator, the first thing that Tok did was to run towards it at full speed. The wildcat sensed his bloodlust and instinctively jumped at him the moment he got near it. At that moment, Tok stopped moving and enhanced his durability with Shinsoo. He lifted his left arm at the beast, which attempted to bite it, but it's sharp teeth didn't manage to pierce the accel-turtle's skin. What followed next was a punch thrown by Tok with his right hand. The aquatic creature was sent a few meters back. It was shaking as it tried to get up, but Tok didn't give it any time to recover. He used Shinsoo to enhance his speed to instantly close the gap, and then switched to strength enhancement. He grabbed the wildcat by the neck and slammed it to the ground. The beast fainted.

Tok heard Nyra's comment from before, and he understood why she'd say that, so he did his best not to kill it. On the other hand, it was severely injured.

Ningor vs Aquatic Wildcat

Without a doubt,  his team mates didn't know what to expect of Ningor. While he had a calm expression and showed confidence, his rather scrawny appearance and the fact that he didn't display much of what he could do during the first test made many people think he wasn't much. But one shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

"Ignite Ghost Requiem."

A loud boom could be heard as his weapon glowed and started to surge with Shinsoo. The temperature in the section of the room where Ningor was suddenly dropped to subzero degrees celsius, and the Ignition Weapon manifested its spiritual self. It had a female appearance, and it was clad in blue armor.

953b89784cb92cbe85fb235f516c883f.jpg

The wildcat was confused by the sudden drastical temperaure drop. It didn't take long for it to become very angry as it was slowly freezing. But it didn't matter. Ningor enhanced his body with Shinsoo, appeared near it in the split of a second, and slashed it, cutting one of its limbs in the process. Because of the weapon's effects, the beast was frozen solid.

"Boring" he said with a straight face, as he deactivated his sword and sheathed it. The spiritual manifestation of Ghost Requiem was still there, though.

Even it the sword wasn't ignited anymore, the wildcat was still frozen.

Daz, Len, and Feya vs Aquatic Wildcats

Daz defeated the wildcat without much effort, while Len had fun messing with it, dodging its attacks until it became tired, then finishing it off with a Shinsoo blast.

As for Feya...

Feya Skyfall didn't look like a fighter. In fact she looked rather frail at first glance. But that was merely an illusion. As she took off her robe she revealed a well-tonned, athletic body. Not only that but she had a very aggressive fighting style. She viciously punched and kicked the wildcat, before tackling it. She wrestled with the creature just for a short while, and then brutally broke its neck.

Both Daz and Len thought of one thing while watching her: "I have a hard time deciding which one is the real beast here".

@Pyosimros@The One Eyed Bandit@OverconfidentMagi@Rantos@QuirkyAngel@Chayliel

Illiam

Chibi time

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Closer, yes, closer.  It was only just barely out of his sleep hazed view, but Illiam could make out the faintest sign of the fluff fluff.  Seefi's fluff fluff.  Selicity's was superior, and while Illiam really wanted her's he would never tell that to Seefi. That, and Seefi's fluff fluff would serve just fine.  As she came closer, bent over, Illiam reached his hand upwards, towards her face.  Slowly and deliberately his course hands brushed Seefi's comparatively soft cheek.  His hand went further still, until it finally rested upon the back of Seefi's head.  It stayed there for a moment, unmoving.  Without warning, Illiam pulled Seefi down from her head, forcing her body to fall on top of his and her head landing on his chest.  Without missing a beat Illiam moved his mouth towards one of Seefi's ears.  He let the hot breath of an exhale envelop Seefi's ear, before putting half her ear into his mouth and nibbling slightly.  All the while mumbling a muffled "Fluff, fluff."  Over and over again.

Illiam hardly noticed when his body was changed into that of a small boy with a man sized head.  All he could focus on was the simply euphoric feeling of being able to suckle and nibble on Seefi's ears.  He warped himself around her head, twisting his legs around her neck and warping his arms around her forehead.  Making it clearly obvious that he was only going to give up this ear over his cold, dead, body. 

Or if he was teleported.

It took Illiam a moment to realize what had happened, and another moment to register his surroundings.  This was getting all too confusing for Illiam to follow, first he was in a room with doors, then he was sucking Seefi, now he was in a room with an angry looking animal that looked a bit like Selicity in her cute form.  Although Illiam should have been fulled with alarm upon seeing the beast before him, his sleep deprived brain could only think of one thing to do.

"Fluff... fluff..."  

Illiam began to stumble and shamble to the beast before him.  His one track mind could only focus on his goal, his true goal.  The creatures tummy.

@Azure Sky @The One Eyed Bandit @QuirkyAngel

20th Floor

Before Evelyn and Argeus could leave the building... a sexy figure appeared before them. A young woman with red hair, black scleras, and light blue eyes. No one ever knew where Azalea wanted to go. She travelled randomly around the Tower, and even when she was needed, she wouldn't always pop up. But there was she was, in front of Evelyn. The 99th rank, Azalea Crimson, also known as the Scorpion Fish, secretly a member of FUG. Of course, that was without a doubt not a secret for Evelyn.

The High Ranker looked at both Argeus and Evelyn and smiled. "Oh dear, Evelyn. I didn't know you had a hobby for gardening" she chuckled. She walked in closer and gazed intensly at Argeus. "It was just a joke. No hard wood...I mean feelings" she said cheerfully. Azalea was...peculiar to say the least.

"So, how have you been?" she asked the Galleon, acting as if they were old friends. But her words did not match her ice-cold eyes and ominous aura.

@QuirkyAngel@SleepyBuddha

[SIZE= 20px]Selicity Fars.[/SIZE]

Selicity licked the remnants of instant coffee off her feline lips just as Illiam randomly stumbled his way through one of the doors. Using Illiam’s odd desire to clean Yu Han Sung’s teeth, the small cat had taken the opportunity to lap up all of the Test Director’s coffee as well as the large cup given to her. The brown beverage was surprisingly good. More than that though, it did its job. Now fully alert, and her mood much improved, Selicity’s ear perked up when she heard Illiam whine about ‘fluff fluff’ or something along those lines from the other side. The kitty rolled its one eye.

Illiam is so weird sometimes.

“Thanks for the coffee!”

Leaping off the Test Director’s Desk, Selicity paddled over to the Amu—who was beneath Seefie and nibbling on her ear. She simply stared at the odd scene. Was he dreaming about food or something? Selicity was about to complain loudly to the sleep deprived boy about how his impulsive actions probably cost them the test, when Yu Han Sung declared that they passed.

“Eh? Seriously?”

What sort of luck was that?

A second later, Illiam…miniaturized. “Wha--?”

The cat’s gaze flashed to Yu Han Sung, who explained that it was only temporary and wouldn’t affect his strength. Pacified, Selicity watched as Illiam straddled Seefie’s head, tilting her own head at the sight. Illiam reminded her of a baby kitten suckling on a momma cat’s ear. In this case though, Seefie was more like a dog. Some sort of canine species from the outer tower…probably. Suddenly Illiam and Seefie disappeared. Sel’s eyes widened. The next thing she knew she in a room with a fellow cat. A rather large, fishy-looking one.  

Selicity vs Aquatic Wildcat

Hungry. Hungry. Hungry. Hungry. Hungry. Hungry.

“Hello!”

Hungry. Hungry. Hungry. Hungry. Hungry. Hungry.

Not much of a talker then. Selicity listened to the announcer’s voice, which blared loudly from an unknown source. So this was a test, huh? The kitty with an eyepatch directed its attention back to her opponent who was still chanting its hunger.

“Geez, do the examiners here mistreat their animals or something?” Selicity asked disdainfully. Morphing back into her human form, the silver haired girl stared at the predator cat, a wide grin on her face. Her iris shifted golden, displaying her excitement for anyone who knew anything about Cat Fairies. The two circled each other. “If you’re hungry, then I come get me. I’ll let you eat me if you can beat me~”

Taking up the challenge, the aquatic wildcat pounced, its fangs bared. Selicity easily avoided the hungry predator who let out a low growl, her one eye watching—observing—the wildcat’s movements. She giggled. “I don’t even think I need Athelene to defeat you,”

Don’t be get full of yourself, Kit.

Dancing around the hunter cat’s attacks, Sel’s one eye seemed to gleam and her teeth bared. “I’m not. I’m just stating a fact, my hungry friend.” When she saw an opening, Selicity’s armored hand shot out and wrapped around her fellow cat’s throat, lifting the struggling creature in the air. “I’m much faster and stronger than you.”   

L-let go!I...I...give u-up!

Sel blinked. “Why? You wanted to eat me, right?”

I won’t! The wildcat gasped, struggling through windpipes that were slowly being crushed. I-I won’t...e-eat... So p-please..don’t.. *gasp*  K-kill..

Selicity pouted, though she did loosen her grip slightly. “I need to beat you to pass the test and help my teammates. Seefie’s probably okay…” She didn’t seem to have much Shinsoo resistance, but from what Sel could tell, her polite teammate was a skilled hunter. “But I don’t think Illiam’s right in the head.” Even though he was strong, he was the most likely to get himself in trouble.

You can knock me out, the wildcat reasoned. Or I can play dead. Bi-pedal creatures are rather stupid, after all.   

Selicity tilted her head. “You’re rather cowardly, aren’t you?”

I just want to eat.

Shrugging, Selicity let go. The aquatic wild fell to the ground, made a rather dramatic gurgling noise, rolled its eyes to the back of it head, then lay still. Selicity raised an eyebrow. Then she glanced up to wherever the test proctor’s voice came from.  “Sooooo...I passed right?”

@Rantos

@The One Eyed Bandit

@Azure Sky

20th Floor - Hotel.

[COLOR= rgb(0, 100, 0)]Evelyn Wicker[/COLOR]

Evelyn and Argeus had just exited the Imperial suite, when they were met with a rather sexy lady. The Galleon recognized her. Of course he did. Azelea Crimson. Only a fool would mess with her. What the hell was she even doing on the 20th floor? Right when they were about to leave too. A slow, deliberate smile formed on his face. 

"Well. As well as can be expected, given my business," Evelyn answered nonchalantly, resting a hand on Argeus's shoulder. "All thanks to Argeus here. He's my newest employee~"

To Aregus Evelyn spoke. "Argeus, meet Azelea. She's a...friend...of mine."

Not really. But telling Argeus that she was from FUG might incite the Satyr into doing something stupid...like with Ran. Except, unlike the Mad Dog, The Scorpion Fish was a bit more dangerous. And Evelyn didn't fancy a dead, irregular tree. Evelyn met the lady's ice cold gaze with his glowing, green false eyes. Ohohoho. So she's not here for friendly chatter. He hadn't thought so. Evelyn tilted his head, his ebony hair falling over his shoulder. The smile never left his face.

"I'm flattered that a lovely lady like you would come all the way to the 20th floor just to visit little ol' me~" Evelyn said playfully as he studied the woman before him. "Is there something you want from me?"

The question oozed with suggestiveness.

@Azure Sky

@SleepyBuddha

d943f80aa0edb5be607360d4b5760a33.jpg

Argeus looked over the woman. Given how Evelyn was looking at this.... Azelea it would seem that the female is considered attractive. While in his human form he supposed he could understand the sentiment. Compared to the other females he had seen on the way up to the 20th floor she would certainly be more attractive, but mating was the farthest thing from his mind at the moment. 

When Evelyn mentioned that this woman was a friend he looked between the two of them to try and make a connection. Given his hesitation to call her a friend it gave Argeus pause. Did this mean she was an enemy not to be trifled with or an old lover who seeks something?

Though whatever the reasoning Argeus couldn't help but sigh and look away in a sense of disappointment when he started hearing the botany puns. " A pleasure to meet you Azelea. I understand that my appearance may be a bit strange, but please keep your jokes to a minimum. I had to deal with them for twenty levels so far and I'd rather that they stay on the 20th floor." Argeus said in a very polite and regulated manner befitting a proud warrior of his race. His control of his emotions wasn't where it wanted it to be when it came to FUG, but he was working on it.

Nyra

The wildcat pounced, shredding claws and tearing teeth bared. It landed on top of Nyra and knocked her to the ground, only finally noticing that something was off when it tried to bite into the girl's throat. It couldn't reach. The cat struggled and flailed, but the bandaged girl was out of the reach of the feline's weapons. The cat was being held back by a long black tail coiled around its middle. The other end of the creature restraining the wildcat made itself known with a loud hiss that showed off a gaping maw filled with hundreds of needle-like teeth. It was an eel just like the golden one she'd had out in the first test, but this one was pitch black and sleeker, thinner and longer than its sister. The black eel set the wildcat back down a few feet from Nyra when it struggled to free itself, but it didn't release its hold on it.

"Thank you Siri," Nyra put one hand on the eel's smooth side to steady herself as she stood back up and brushed herself off. She wasn't very good at calming angry creatures, so it wasn't uncommon for Xir'ain to have to rescue her from her own lack of fear towards predators. If Yazi came she'd just eat the animal Nyra wanted to befriend, but Siri was much less aggressive. Nyra refocused on the wildcat, still struggling against the black eel's hold. She walked right up to it and crouched to look into its eyes. "I' sorry," she said with genuine sadness in her voice. "You've been trapped and brought here, forced to fight whoever comes into your space. It is cruel. I will not hurt you though. Can you accept that?" The feline's cold blue eyes glared at the girl in front of them. "Siri, you can let her go now." The black eel's tail loosened and unwound from around the wildcat's body. Finally free, it hissed at the girl and her eel, as if trying to communicate how much it hated them both.

But it didn't immediately try to pounce onto Nyra and kill her again. Maybe it was just smart enough to know that the eel would stop it. Or maybe... "See, that's much better, isn't it?" Nyra asked the creature with a smile. "Now lets shake on it," she said as she reached out a hand. "I won't hurt you, and you won't hurt me." The wildcat backed away from the girl's hand with a hiss. "I will not hurt you," she repeated. The cat took a hesitant step closer, and swiped at Nyra's hand with its claws. They drew lines of dark blood that spread into the bandages covering her hand. Xir'ain let out a low rumble or warning, but Nyra just brought her hand back up. The wildcat's eyes kept flicking between Nyra and her hand, back and forth. It had stopped its hissing. After a minute of not moving, the cat slowly approached and licked the cuts it had caused on Nyra's hand. "It's okay," she said with a calming tone, "you were just scared." Nyra pet the top of its head until the cat came closer and the hugged its neck. "You're safe right now. I won't hurt you." Xir'ain yawned wide and retreated back into the bowl. 

Nyra shielded the feline's sensitive ears before she yelled for whoever was watching. "I'm not going to fight your slave animals, so either give me the pass or come up with another test!" She looked over to where Tok was. She looked away. There was a bitter taste in her mouth. Fighting, hurting, even killing other regulars was to be expected. Every regular knew what they were signing up for climbing the tower. But these were animals. They never asked to be forced to fight. She tried not to hate Tok - he was only completing a test, that was all - but it was hard. She buried her face in the becalmed wildcat's smooth fur. Once she became a ranker she'd stop all of this.

Seefi stumbled into the test chamber in shock. Of her situation, she was unsure, all she knew was that her ear now lay wet, and she certainly was going to need to discuss some things with Illiam the moment she made it through this. Cultural differences she could understand, but even with her level of tolerance, there was such a thing as being too pushy.

And having her ears molested was probably where that line lay.

But for now, she fixed her eyes forward. In front of her lay a beast. Snarling and furious, the thing stood as any threatened predator ever did. On its haunches, it increased its size, and with its voice, it increased its presence. In the wild, such an act would play to its advantage. But here, it only made it a bigger target, and if Seefi assumed correctly, it was a target she'd need to kill. Unlike some of the other Regulars, the girl had no qualms with the thought. Her grip around her spear tightened, and her stance tensed. As it were, it was only a matter a time until the thing pounced, and when it did, so would she.

Areum, on the other hand, was a slight bit more straightforward. As she stepped through the door, things were already set in motion. The wildcat sneered as she strode into the room, jets of rapid water shooting towards the girl, only to meet with a sudden barrier. The first of her Palisades were deployed. Against it, the water rushed harmlessly, scattering about the room and drenching its walls in moments. But without hesitation, Areum walked on. To nobody's surprise, the girl was pissed. Who did the icicle of a boy think he was? Who do he think SHE was? The wild cat move, suddenly, balancing itself atop Areum's barrier, and readying itself to strike. But all it would meet, would be a dismissive grimace,  and a fist harder than steel.

Blown of its haunches, the beast hurtled across the room with a whimper. Areum continued to advance.

And where the other rooms had become a battlefields, the final became something different. Where one of his team mates moved with precision, and the other spoke with kindness, Oisin did both, and neither.

"So..." The door to the room swung open, and so did the antlered boy's mouth. "What do you think of that guy, Nasty?" For a moment, the cat paused. It understood the strange boy's tongue, and its curiosity was raised. But as he paced around the room, its alarms did too. "I dunno, seemed kinda dodgy if you ask me. Setting up a stupid test like that? There's no way a guy with a plan that boring would get a job like that without a reason, right?" The boy shrugged, and the wild cat pounced, only to be met with thin air. "Makes me curious! Really curious! But at the same time, kinda scared?" Once again, the wild cat pounce, infuriated by the boy's babbling, only to be met with air once again. "Haha! That's a new one! Fear! Apprehension! How unexpected! Makes me all tingly inside!" And so the boy continued on, and the wild cat continued to pounce.

Of the three, one would would find a swift death at spear's point.

Another would be advanced upon, until there was nowhere to retreat.

And the last would simply fall to exhaustion, wanting only to shut its tormentor up.

@QuirkyAngel@SleepyBuddha

20th Floor- Azalea Crimson

One would have assumed that Azalea's cold stare and her boodlust were a sign of her desire to cause trouble. But that wasn't always the case, at the very least not in that particular situation. The Scorpion Fish merely wanted to test the two men in front of her, or maybe she just wanted to mess with them. Or maybe both  Hard to understand, and hard to deal with, as always. Her expression softened after a few seconds, though, and she stopped emitting bloodlust. She giggled at Argeus's comment and slightly bowed as an apology.

"Tell me, Evelyn, what do you think about the current situation of the Tower?" she didn't wait for Evelyn to respond and continued her speech "I think the Tower as it is now is no good. It fell into a routine, with the Zahard Empire, FUG, and Wolhaiksong juggling with things as they see fit. This routine is...toxic. Therefore, changes need to be made, and I assure you, they will be made. The domino pieces will start to fall soon. And when they do, they will give birth to an event which will bring revolution!" she paused briefly, giving the two in front of her some time to take in what she just said.

"Helios may die" she added.

Illiam 

Cat fighting

The cat held it's gaze on Illiam, backing up as the dazed boy stumbled and tripped over himself trying to get to it.  Illiam was not yet aware of the dangers presented, so he fearlessly, or foolishly, advanced towards the cat.  Walking at first, but that walk turned into a run, and when Illiam was within range, the cat attacked.  But the cat's attack, was little more then a penny being tossed as a black haired freight train.  Illiam jumped and landed on the beasts back, clinging for dear life.  The cat moved this way and that.  Frantically trying to buck Illiam off, but Illiam was determined to get just a lick of that ear.

Slowly, slowly, Illiam crawled up the creatures back, past it's neck, and onto it's head.  Illiam slipped his mouth over the creatures ear and began.  The cat kept bucking.  Continually increasing it's efforts more and more, but Illiam showed no signs of letting go.  If anything he redoubled his efforts, clinging harder and sucking with more ferocity then he had ever sucked with before.  The two continued with this for quite sometime, both showing signs of weariness as the battle raged on.  Before too long, the cat's movements began to slow and finally halt.  It feel, breathing deep and submitting to Illiam.  The barrier went down, but Illiam did not stop.  He claimed his prize, the spoils he had rightfully earned! 

ORIN SCHILLER

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]“Hey, wait! You don’t know if-”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]Orin’s plead to stop Ningor from potentially killing the newly-formed trio was in vain, as he[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]seemingly opened a door in random. Orin tensed, ready for his death. By explosion, by a pit of[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]doom...Orin was fully ready for anything facing his way. Ningor’s voice, followed the high ranker’s[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]voice calmed him in the following moments. He opened his eyes, realizing there was no crisis. A sigh[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]of relief was all Orin could give, he was merely happy that he was still standing.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]He would have thanks Ningor for many things. His intellect, his quick-thinking, and his [/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px]leadership[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]were amongst the many compliments. Orin opened his mouth to speak some of these verbally,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]though in a flash, he found himself in an area foreign to himself.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]Orin found himself in a new room isolated from his team. They were still clearly visible to Orin; the[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]only thing stopping Orin from simply walking to them were the walls set to divide each person. He[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]later looked in front of him, to be met with a creature Orin had never seen before. It was the loose[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]definition of a cat. A cat, if it were to ever reach his size, bearing minor fish-like features and a gem[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]on their forehead. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]Orin drew his tiny blade, prepared for battle. His first instinct was to run, though due to the nature[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]of this confrontation, Orin stayed. The cat pounced, leaving him no time for ranged projectiles. He[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]swiftly jerked himself to the left, his heart felt as if it were going to explode from the action. Orin[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]gave a concise cut to the creature’s side, forcing it to recoil violently.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]“I’ve got this I’ve got this I’ve got this,” [/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px]he muttered under his breath in a rapid pace. These words[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]kept Orin composed - if he hadn’t given himself any positive encouragement, he would have likely[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]been [/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px]eaten by now.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]The creature stepped back, assessing its wounds with minor care. Orin took this as an opportunity[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]to charge. He had no plan of a killing blow, or how he will strike. Any further movement was[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]improvised, and he merely hoped for the best. Orin shot at the beast with a water bullet, dazing it[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]for a mere two seconds. He followed this up with a vertical slice to its face, a dodge as the creature[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]performed a blind swipe, and five more quick jabs until life began to fade from its eyes.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]By the time Orin had given the killing blow, he had begun internally celebrating. It was rare that he[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]could defeat a beast of his size with ease and of that caliber to say the very least. Orin merely stood[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]there shouting, “Yes!” repeatedly in his mind and he waited for something else to happen.[/SIZE]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mentions - N/A

Users who are viewing this thread