• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Today’s plot, tomorrow’s rp [looking for rps!]

ForgetTomorroow

Charmed ♡
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Salutations there and welcome to my little thread of unhinged wonders and intrigue. I am your host, Evie, GMT+0 [British] and my passion for writing bleeds more so than a paper cut. I am a little scattered in my process, but all the more fun for the process. I don’t mind writing on-site or on alternative platforms such as [discord], but all RPN rules will apply. This will not be negotiable.

A little information about me:
★ I am twenty-eight (I can hear my own bones creaking lol)
★ I am going to be doing my bachelor’s in business,
★ I prefer all my writing partners to be 18+ at a minimum and preferably 21+, I understand younger writers can also possess an impeccable acumen for rping and this isn’t reflective of your writing credentials. This me wanting partners who can at least resonate with my life’s present circumstances and connect with me on that. I also like horror and survival as major mechanics in my threads.
She/her pronouns and they/them pronouns are fine with me.

Response Time:
Weekly, bi-weekly and monthly are the expectations I am outlining as response boundaries.
This will be for myself and my partners, of course, I won’t be hounding anyone for daily responses and would be nice to receive that energy back. If you desire a partner whose response time is quicker — look elsewhere.
★ I like to mirror my partners, respectively, such as going with the flow and letting what comes to mind pour forth. I don’t really have any dictations in word counts or paragraphs — only that some effort be matched. If we are vibing on different scales (I am writing x amount and you’re coming back with a sentence), that’s incompatibility with the story we are creating and a disservice to our interest. Reasonable grammar is also appreciated.

Writer Wants:

Favourite Genres:
Dystopian: Imagined futures with a greying glass, speculations into the worst aspects of government and survival. These are the themes I’d love to experiment with in my spare time.
This can include: To purge a hateful ideology, warring ideas, morals, ethics, fear and maybe unexpected hope.

Romance works as both a crucial component and sub-theme, as well as the type. Such as platonic love, familial love, friendly or delving into the more obsessive aspects or sweet. I lean towards males as primary characters to play, but I have no problem with LGBTQIA+ and encourage it to switch things up. But for romance to be a prerequisite, there needs to be some development and chemistry.
★ This will not include: student x in any authority position [lecturer, teacher, professor, power imbalances in this context is predatory and I will not be writing that out].

World Building: My preferred genres for world-building are supernatural and fantasy. These genres provide ample opportunities to create unique and fascinating worlds.
★ To find the unexpected and to construct something new altogether.
Fae Bargains, Fae worlds reimagined and court intrigue are always fun.

Book fandoms: Acotar, The atlas six, The School of Good and Evil, Kingdom of the Wicked [more so the infrastructure with the plot and setting], Divine Blood, Harry Potter, Shadowhunters,
Gaming fandoms: Dragon age universe, Skyrim, Persona, Pathfinder (Wrath of the Righteous), Pillars of Eternity, The Last of Us, and Forspoken, Pokemon, Stardew Valley, Baldurs Gate 3,
TV media — Charmed [The older show], Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Shadowhunters, Bone and Shadow, The Midnight Club, Magicians, Titans, DC, Marvel etc

WILL NOT: I have no interest in writing about canon characters, pairing, developing or otherwise musing on. I don’t mind inclusion, such as relationships [friends, previous lovers] or family, but this isn’t me wanting to delve into those connections. It can serve as a linear plot or the bare bones of the plot itself, but I have no want to develop it beyond that. If you want canon relationships or oc x canon. I am not your writer.

Some pairing ideas:
Vampire x Vampire Hunter
Shifter x Shifter
Witch x Familiar
Fae King x Guard
Hunter x Hunter
Demon x anyone [mortal; bargain gone wrong, summoning the wrong demon, stop an immortal plot from causing devastation,]
Rival x Rival [both competing for something]
Mafia x anyone [FBI investigator, drug dealer, normal civilian]
Detective x Criminal [Thief, heisting hero, the heart of gold but on the wrong path]
Academic rivals x Academic rivals
Enemy x Enemy [Always in demand!]
Enemies to lovers but forced due to circumstances to work together;
Childhood friends becoming lovers and navigating the complicated dynamic.

Last edited:
You are open to roleplay in fantasy adventure, and this what I look for. It is challenging for me to start here, as I am new at the site, I was in a previous roleplay forum site and wanted something providing better roleplay opportunity. I could make it to respond fully every week or two, it would not be short and I write well enough I think for anyone. I assure you I am old enough.

I would not want canon characters from anywhere either, and I do not look for fandom roleplay. I like involvement in world building, I have many of my ideas for that. I think I would play a male character much better, the perspective for that being more familiar to me. How are you with roleplay of two characters of competing noble families, in a non-industrialized world, a world where there may be supernatural, or magic, things done in places? You also have good ideas for roleplay suggested that sound interesting.

You are open to roleplay in fantasy adventure, and this what I look for. It is challenging for me to start here, as I am new at the site, I was in a previous roleplay forum site and wanted something providing better roleplay opportunity. I could make it to respond fully every week or two, it would not be short and I write well enough I think for anyone. I assure you I am old enough.

I would not want canon characters from anywhere either, and I do not look for fandom roleplay. I like involvement in world building, I have many of my ideas for that. I think I would play a male character much better, the perspective for that being more familiar to me. How are you with roleplay of two characters of competing noble families, in a non-industrialized world, a world where there may be supernatural, or magic, things done in places? You also have good ideas for roleplay suggested that sound interesting.

Fantasy adventure is always fun and easy to compile into other genres, the challenge, the mystery and the intrigue to build something up and on is always exciting. I don’t mind fandom universes (sometimes that can help to ground the ideas), but I am not too fussed about picking up something more original to experiment with. Two competing noble families, would that be over a resource? A competition? A throne or some political position the families would want to retain/have? Magic would certainly help to flesh out those ideas and add more layers as well as supernatural species (such as incoming or indirect threats), but feel free to private message me to add to these thoughts.

Sorry I had been gone. I think of something like medieval feuding aristocratic families, over social standing and perceived injustice from the others. An item of supernatural power might shake things up. But characters being roleplayed in this setting might see other things from what their families hold to be the case. Yes it is quite a bit derivative but I would like us to be putting our own twists to it if you would agree to roleplay for this with me. And I would like it further with more of fantasy being introduced.

It does not have to be a utopian vision, but the early style would be with simple things instead of items of modern convenience. But the supernatural items do make things nicer for those who get those. It is just that there are some that are very much more powerful, so there will be intrigues over who would be getting any of those. Even the more upstanding honest character would find himself or herself involved in some way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back