Experiences To whom know their way around here.

LazarusMinded

Hedonistic Tea Drinker
Hey, I'm recently new and I signed up for a pretty big rp event on the forums. Any advice anyone can give me on here? I'm used to roleplaying on Discord and Steam. I've mostly had experience with one-on-one roleplays so forums are new to me. Also to add fuel to the fire, I only use mobile due to the fact that I'm at California for visiting some relatives.

I would say your best bet is to ask the GM or the people of the thread specifically for pointers. There are too many different variables to groups on this site for others to give you much meaningful tips as most of the really specific ones don't work universally.

The best advice I can give you - talk to your GM. Ask them if you have a question on something or if your not sure about a post. Or if the GM is busy ask the people of the thread itself ( or watch what they do and mimic that if your not comfortable asking questions )

I would say your best bet is to ask the GM or the people of the thread specifically for pointers. There are too many different variables to groups on this site for others to give you much meaningful tips as most of the really specific ones don't work universally.

The best advice I can give you - talk to your GM. Ask them if you have a question on something or if your not sure about a post. Or if the GM is busy ask the people of the thread itself ( or watch what they do and mimic that if your not comfortable asking questions )

Oh well, I don't REALLY have a GM. Only a friend here, but he technically is a GM, all h says is to not worry because he'll partner me up. I'm just asking how things are structured in general and if pages are loaded in real time so anyone on any platform can see people's messages as soon as they go through.

Oh well, I don't REALLY have a GM. Only a friend here, but he technically is a GM, all h says is to not worry because he'll partner me up. I'm just asking how things are structured in general and if pages are loaded in real time so anyone on any platform can see people's messages as soon as they go through.

So your looking for roleplays?

As I said it depends on what your looking for.

Like for instance a 1x1 is a roleplay between two people about pretty much any topic. It can take place in a thread, over Skype/Discord, in PMs, etc. Typically speaking in that case your partner will tell you exactly what they're looking for either in their search or once you two start talking about roleplays.

Groups are a little more likely to be in threads but again they very greatly on how they are run.

You have some groups that are slow moving where in you're expected to write several paragraphs per post and make an indepth character sheet. Possibly even contribute to world building or plot building.

On the opposite end you'll have casual roleplays where there are no post requirements and you can just start posting ( one liners or less ) with little supervision.

It's all in what you want to do itself.

As to your second question I'm not really sure what you mean by real time?

So your looking for roleplays?

As I said it depends on what your looking for.

Like for instance a 1x1 is a roleplay between two people about pretty much any topic. It can take place in a thread, over Skype/Discord, in PMs, etc. Typically speaking in that case your partner will tell you exactly what they're looking for either in their search or once you two start talking about roleplays.

Groups are a little more likely to be in threads but again they very greatly on how they are run.

You have some groups that are slow moving where in you're expected to write several paragraphs per post and make an indepth character sheet. Possibly even contribute to world building or plot building.

On the opposite end you'll have casual roleplays where there are no post requirements and you can just start posting ( one liners or less ) with little supervision.

It's all in what you want to do itself.

As to your second question I'm not really sure what you mean by real time?

'Real-time' is when pages load as soon as they are sent. And I'm not really into finding rp's right now. Thanks though. Just wanted to how threads start and their load times.

'Real-time' is when pages load as soon as they are sent. And I'm not really into finding rp's right now. Thanks though. Just wanted to how threads start and their load times.

Do you mean posts? Then I would say yes I guess. I mean as soon as I reply you should get a notification that I responded. It would be the same if you're using pms or threads. Although you might want to double check your notification settings in your profile to make sure you get notifications ( and emails ) for everything you want.

I think it defaults on - you get notified for new pm messages and replies to threads you make ( which you automatically follow ).

Now if you are meant to RESPOND immediately will vary greatly on the roleplay your taking part in. Not all roleplays will look for quick responses as soon as a reply is sent. Some prefer larger posts and a slower response schedule. But that will be something you'll either discuss with a partner OR that should be in the rules of a roleplay.

Do you mean posts? Then I would say yes I guess. I mean as soon as I reply you should get a notification that I responded. It would be the same if you're using pms or threads. Although you might want to double check your notification settings in your profile to make sure you get notifications ( and emails ) for everything you want.

I think it defaults on - you get notified for new pm messages and replies to threads you make ( which you automatically follow ).

Now if you are meant to RESPOND immediately will vary greatly on the roleplay your taking part in. Not all roleplays will look for quick responses as soon as a reply is sent. Some prefer larger posts and a slower response schedule. But that will be something you'll either discuss with a partner OR that should be in the rules of a roleplay.

Will do my dude, that's all I need. Thanks, I appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back