• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern To Those On The Streets IC

BGM: Believe in Possibilities still playing

She noticed that Echo might have not listened at all to what they talked about until the moment she whispered about the secret extra she would receive. Maybe it's because she really wanted to be a maid... and hearing an indirect "no" might have been a little cruel. However, Veronica was absolutely sure that the idea was good. "Well, you see, we can't put you to maid work not only because of the whole child labor issue, but some of the guests we receive are single, perverted men. Helping me with the garden is a way of preventing those two problems and it'll teach you to plant your own food. Also, once you get the hang of it, it's pretty fun!" She explained. "Also, it is not as we are prohibiting you from helping the others. If you do wish to clean or do another type of work, you are free to do it so." Her grandfather spoke. "Yep! Here at home, everyone works. Even me and Grandpa!" Veronica spoke, proud.

That was true. Nobles would never touch the earth to plant or a broom to clean. They had maids and butlers for that. But the Artwaltz never liked to live upon such luxury since it gives root to laziness. So, no matter what, Veronica and her grandfather work among the servants in the tasks. It was meant to show that there is more than a master-servant relationship. They wanted to include those people among their family. "So, Echo, do you want to take the job?" She asked once more.

Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed

Echo began to jump up and down a bit, breathing very quickly as she nodded frantically. Finally! A purpose! "Yes! Yes please! C-Can we m-make a" She frantically bounced up and down, grinning wider than anyone would probably think was possible for her. "Can we make a tomato?" Tomatoes were very important to her for no real reason. She just liked tomatoes and putting them with lettuce and bread (A rare treat).

Within a minute she did something that normally would never have happened. Echo dropped her blanket and clung to Veronica's legs in joy. She was too happy to think, and her smile was crazy. This didn't last and she quickly tensed. Veronica's Grandfather would probably see the horror growing on her face as she let go of Veronica's legs and scurried backwards. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry!" She squeaked as she got down and bowed to the woman with her arms wrapped around her blankets. "I didn't mean to! I-I didn't think and I'm sorry!"
Agni Blackheart Agni Blackheart

Hanah & Fayette Solo

Hanah waked next to Fayette in alley that she had conquered to them. There was makeshift traps to warn them if someone would attack to them when they sleep. Fay hadn't understand fully why they needed those, but didn't quest her big sister's experience. As Hanah rised Fayette waked too.
"Is it morning already, big sis?"
"Yes, but you don't need to raise yet. I will do morning stuff."
"Don't even think about making breakfast, i want be able to do something else than puke."
Fayette raised up before Hanah could stop her. Then she waited that Hanah removed trap from food storage, so she could start making sandwiches to them.

After breakfast Hanah put food storage trap back and girls started leaving from their alley, trapping it so nobody wouldn't enter there when they were away. Hanah had trapped her living places before meeting Fayette, but after they started living together, Hanah had improved them.
Girls walked at streets when they saw woman about same age than Hanah, some man and car that seemed to give problems to them.
"You should offer some help, big sis. Maybe we get money to buy food."
"I don't know are you sure Fay?"
Fayette giggled, she could see that her big sis find woman attractive.
"Come, big sis. There's both girl and car. Do you need more reasons?"
Fayette nudged to Hanah's back to get them walk to there.
"H-hey, Do you need help? I c-could fix car."
Hanah stammered as keeping Fay hided behind her, not trusting to man at all.
Fazy Fazy Kyon Kyon

Kai Clarke

He played more and more songs but nothing was helping him to get any cash. He's barely made anything and he needed money for food and water. He didn't want to have to sell his body to get money. He was still a virgin and wanted to stay that way for a while longer. He sighed and took all the money from his hat. He stuffed it inside his pockets before taking his guitar and moving on. He had came close to just calling it a week and going hungry. He just walked until he found a different spot for him to stay. He just sighed and put his beanie on the floor. One last try and then he'd just stop. He plucked the strings and began to sing the last song, changing the pronouns to make it be about him instead of some chick. There was a genuine sadness to his voice and an ache in his soul. He wished he could say he didn't choose this life but he did. He just couldn't stay with his father anymore.
Open

Last edited:
BGM: Silence (Immaterial and Missing Power)

Both giggled at how excited Echo got. It was so innocent. "*giggle* Don't worry, I'm not mad. In fact, I'm just as happy as you are! After all, I managed to help you, just like I said!" Veronica spoke, smiling. She always feel herself proud and accomplished whenever she managed to fully help someone. It was something she couldn't easily describe, but it made her life even better than it already is. "Well, you will begin tomorrow, little Echo. You can just rest at ease, we will do all the necessary preparations for welcoming you." Her grandfather spoke. Sure, maybe she wanted to start today, but they would need to buy things anyway. More seeds (including tomatoes, since the little girl seemed to prefer them), a gardening kit and clothes only for Echo to use, along with another stuff.

However, as much as he wanted to end there, his grandchild wasn't that satisfied. "Hey, do you wanna come in and check the mansion? We can also present you to the others!" She spoke, excited. It was hard to determine who is the kid between both girls, but it seemed like they would be good friends. "Well, if she accepts, I will leave the tour under your care, Vivi. It is time I go to work." He spoke. "OK! See you later, Grandpa!" She said. He waved at Echo and left to the car. "Grandpa is a really nice guy. But, uh... he held himself back, so one day you'll end up listening to his jokes, hehe... they're horrible." Veronica said, scratching her head. "So, do you want to take a tour around with me or you'd rather leave it to tomorrow?"

As moira walked she began hearing a guitar play faintly in the distance and she noticed someone singing. They sang beautifully but it was hard to dismiss the sadness that hung in the air as they played. From the look of it they weren't a noble, which felt kinda obvious since you'd die before catching a noble playing for money. Moira decided to walk up and sit directly in front of the guitarist, listening peacefully

MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx

BGM: Soundtrack

Ash ripped open her eyelids as the sudden blare of a car horn rattled through her skull. She blinked steadily at the sky for a few seconds, squinting at the sun's unforgiving rays. For a moment, one blissful moment, she forgot where she was- why she was stretched out on a park bench. For one moment, she was confused, yet peaceful. However, at a second obnoxious honk from the traffic beside her, reality came back like a cold slap. Homeless. Cold. Hungry. Money. Work... WORK. Shit!

Ash jumped up with an insane look in her eyes, realizing she had slept on a park bench and was late for work. Again. Her hands shook as she folded the blanket that had kept her warm last night into a pile, shoving it inside her ratty backpack which held her only belongings. Throwing the backpack over her shoulder, Ash bolted down the sidewalk with baggy eyes and a blank stare, praying that she wouldn't lose her only job.

Lost in thought, she hadn't noticed the girl sitting in the middle of the sidewalk, listening to a guitarist, and ultimately tripped over her, sprawling across the sidewalk in a string of curse words.

JayBlue JayBlue MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx

Last edited:
"Ahh, I would appreciate that. The name's Howard. Do you need a last name?" He remained sitting in the car, annoyed at his morning so far. He would surely be late for work today. He watched closely as another two girls seemed to come out of nowhere. They approached him and offered to help. It was a kind gesture. However these two clearly didn't seem of high class, and they certainly looked lost and nervous. "No, no, no. I don't need your dirty hands touching my car. It's already a mess as it is." Classic Howie, clearly making a statement on his beliefs in the current political system.

Fazy Fazy Veltsu VI Veltsu VI

Kai Clarke

He continued to play when the girl came to sit and watch. He'd rarely get an audience and so this boosted his confidence. He truly smiled for what seemed like the first time in a while. Singing and playing evolved into a small head bob and foot tap as well as that he started playing another song. Unfortunately he was forced to stop when another lady tripped over the one in front of him. He spoke, stammering on his words as talking to people wasn't a strength of his, "Are-Are you both okay," he asked. "D-Do you need help or..." He stopped and bit his bottom lip. He had barely opened his mouth yet he felt like he was talking too much. Music was the only execption to the anxiety he felt when talking to people.

Ash pushed herself up, glancing sideways at the kid with the guitar, "I'm good, dude. Thanks."

She wiped her hands on her jeans, blinking hard to regain her balance. The world finally sharpened, and was sturdy beneath her feet. Ash shouldered her backpack, sighing as she looked towards the musician, "Do you know what time it is?"

MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx

Echo seemed a bit sad that she couldn't start right then, but when Veronica offered to show her the house she perked right back up and nodded. "T-Thank you miss!" She squeaked and jumped up and down in delight. "A-Ar-Are there lots of others? Can I meet them?"

Her face was lit up as she bounced up and down in anticipation. "May I, um, m-may I go in Misses Vervonica?" Again with the mixed up words, but she was very excited and eager to explore something much bigger than a dirty alley.
Agni Blackheart Agni Blackheart (Sorry it's so short! DX Not much time right now...)

Kai shook his head. He didn't know. He didn't know most basic things really. Time had become an illusion to him and he didn't truly know his own age. He frowned and strummed his guitar to another tune by the same musician. He didn't sing however. He just spoke and strummed, "I'm Kai by the way." It didn't really matter what his name was. He was one of many homeless people in the city. Names weren't important anymore, not much was.

"Of course! Just come in!" She spoke, also excited. Veronica doesn't have a noble friend, since the other teenagers seem to be restricted to meet her because she helps the "filth." This was actually the first time she ever invited someone else to her home, outside of the helper recruit she tends to do. As she waited for Echo to enter, a red-haired butler came in. Hmm? What is Veronica doing? He thought. He already knew that her grandfather left to work, so this was the time for him to look after her in his stead. "Veronica, can you come here for a moment?" He called her. When she looked, it was her close friend Damian. Ever since he started working for them 3 years ago, they had a really friendly connection. She could always rely on him and he was always ready to be relied on. "Coming! Echo, take a look around at the hall, while I talk with him? Oh, and be ready to your first meeting!" She spoke while going to him.

BGM: Id -Serenity- (Fire Emblem Awakening)

"Is something wrong, Damian?" Veronica asked. "N-No, nothing wrong. Actually... that's what I should be asking you." He spoke and looked at the little girl. "Do you want me to get some food for her?" He asked. "No, no. She's actually going to work with us from tomorrow on." Veronica explained. Damian's mind started to spin. Did she actually got a little girl to join as a maid? "Veronica, I know you like to help others but putting a girl to maid work is going to be a problem. People will accuse you of child labor." He said, worried. "Silly, you got it all wrong. She's not a new maid, she's my garden helper!" She spoke it friendly. Before he could ever respond, his heart skipped a beat once he was called "silly." He started to blush a little and soon noticed it. "Damian, are you alright? Your face is a little red. Do you have a fever?" Veronica asked. "Uh... n-no, I'm fine! It's just that, uh..." He tried to turn the situation, but had no sort of explanation to give. Instead, he covered his face with his hand looked away. "*giggle* You're such a weirdo sometimes. But I'm really glad we're friends." She spoke. Once again, his heart skipped a beat once more and his face got even more red than usual. "A-A-Anyway, I-I'm going back to work. W-We'll talk later, Veronica." He spoke, while turning to the corridor.

However, Veronica held his arm and pulled him along with her to the entrance. "H-Hey! Veronica, what are you-" Damian asked. She gave him a smile and looked back at Echo. "Echo, this here is Damian. He's the first butler of the manor, so if you need and sort of help, you can ask him. He's a very trustworthy guy." Veronica introduced him. Once he looked at her, his calm demeanor returned. Echo seemed like the perfect way for him to forget about some of Veronica's words . He kneeled and looked at her. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Echo." He said, smiling.

Last edited:
"Kai?" Ash repeated, offering a ghost of a smile. "That's a cool name. I'm Ashton, but you can call me Ash."

She looked around, realizing that most of the traffic was gone- meaning that the work day had already started. Her shoulders sunk a bit as she turned back to Kai, "You play guitar really good. Here, you deserve this for your troubles."

She dug into her pocket, snatching a crumpled five dollar bill and handing it to him, "Take it, dude, really. You have mad skills."

MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx

Isabella woke up in her spot behind a large dumpster. She was small enough that you could barely tell that she was there. She quickly got up and grabbed her knapsack. Today she intended to find work. Even though her attempts for the last few months had failed,
Regardless, everyday she woke up with a smile on her face and hope for a better day. It was either that or sit on a street corner and beg.Which was impossible for her. She just couldn't sit still for so long.
She decided to just wander around. It was a nice day out. Walking down the sidewalk she saw a guy playing the guitar and a girl beside him. She didn't have any money to give him. Nut she noticed he was quite good.

"You're amazing,"she complimented him.

MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx Static Swarm Static Swarm

Ash set the cash down next to Kai, turning to look at the stranger who had approached. Based upon the disheveled look, she deemed her homeless and instantly relaxed. God knows what she'd do if she ran into a rich snob. Her smile warmed as she look at the girl, shoving her hand into her leather jacket pockets.

"Hey, do you know what time it is? I'm pretty late for work, and it's the only job that would hire me." She asked politely, tilting her head in question.

HoneyMelon HoneyMelon

Echo hugged her blanket wrap tighter around herself as Veronica lead her to Damian. She'd been looking at a really pretty dove statue when Veronica came to get her. It was a pale grey with shining blue eyes that Echo loved. Being dragged away from her viewing session was not too happy, but she knew better than to argue.

Damian seemed pretty nice, but he was also a lot taller than Echo. It seemed to be to remind her of her place. A place that wasn't good for a child even though she wanted to. She didn't lift her head or hand to greet him. Instead the timid child tried to hide in the mass of clothes and blankets she held.
Agni Blackheart Agni Blackheart

"Not a clue," Ella replied to the girl. She usually just based time off of how high the sun was. Which wasn't always a reliable or accurate source.
She smiled warmly and stretched out her hand.
"I'm Isabella by the way. I was actually on my way to look for work."
Static Swarm Static Swarm

Ash accepted the handshake, "Ashton Remington. But folks 'round here call me Ash."

She gave a cocky smirk, "And today is your lucky day. My boss at the car garage, uncle Bear, real sweet guy. He's one of the only guys in the rich area known to hire the homeless. I overslept, but I'm sure it'll be fine. He's been looking for a new mechanic. Know anything about cars?"

HoneyMelon HoneyMelon

Kai Clarke

He muttered a small thanks. Even still, when he needed money the most, he felt bad for taking it. He just felt like he didn't deserve it, but still, money was money and he needed it for food and water. When Ash and Isabella started talking about cars, he smirked. He knew nothing about anything like that.

He spoke, "Even if I was a mechanics whizz there is no way I'd want to get a job there. Being homeless and jobless is the only way I'm going to follow my dreams and like I'd want to go home to my so called father who didn't even care enough to try and stop me from leaving. Fuck that." He exclaimed, "If a parent doesn't give a shit about you, then why give a shit about them? It doesn't really defy any logic. It's really just basic fact"

He sighed and muttered and apology. He started to play another song to hopefully calm him down. He sang this time as well. Maybe he could at last draw a big audience when it came to his music; unlikely but he hoped he could. He loved music and loved playing it but had never drawn in a crowd of more than four or five. He wished he could finally have an audience so he could meet some more people. Maybe someone knew a guy who is in a record label and they could quietly slide his name in amongst the young uprising stars. The goal was recording a record for the masses. He hoped it could become a reality.

"I actually learned some about cars,one of my old foster parents," Isabella answered. Her last foster parent was obsessed with anything related to cars. So she she was bored she would watch him work on them.

Ella heard Kai's comment and frowned a little. She could understand where he was coning from. Her parents had dgiven her up when she was born.

"Well look on the bright side. Now you can follow your dreams and do it the way you want to," she pointed out smiling.

Static Swarm Static Swarm MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx

A cold is supposed to be a mild cough that is uncomfortable, but in most cases, bearable. For X, it was like having pneumonia. He coughed every time he attempted to speak. He was clammy and cold, and he had a persistent headache. But this was X's normal life. Every couple of weeks, he'd get a cold, and if he didn't get cold medicine, he risked dying. He whole heartedly blamed his mother for his condition. If she had given a damn about him as a child, he wouldn't be like this.

X stumbled down the street. He was weak on his feet, as the fever was making him drowsy. His hair was starting to soak from cold sweat. But this was his okay. He was okay. As long as he was on his feet, he was okay. It was a poor assessment for most people but really, X was fine. Right? He wished he had a jacket, but he didn't. He just had his slightly torn up tank top and cargo pants that he stole from a department store last year.

X heard guitar and he tilted his head to the side slightly to get a better hear. He started making his way towards the music. Whoever was playing was really good. He had a small debate with himself. Should he go and risk having to talk? He stopped just down the road, close enough that he could hear but far enough he wouldn't have to speak. He checked his pockets. 35 cents. He could try to help this guitarist, but could he afford it? If this cough gets worse, he'll need every penny. But how can X be sure that this artist didn't need the money too? He grabbed the coins and stood. He then fell to his knees as his cough took hold of his lungs. His vision started blurring. He struggled to stand and calmed the coughs. There was blood in his mouth and X couldn't care. This was alarmingly normal.

After a brief struggle to remember why he stood, X walked over to the guitarist, only to see that another girl was talking to him. He felt the urge to turn and run, but he didn't do that. He walked over slowly. He couldn't speak or he'd start coughing again. So instead of speaking, when he got close enough, X simply extended a his hand to the guitarist, holding out the coins for him to take. Please don't make me speak. X thought as he held the coins out.

MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx HoneyMelon HoneyMelon

"Sure is drawing himself a crowd," Ash noted as yet another stranger approached. He looked in bad shape- and seemed to be freezing. He also looked young, but not by much. She could relate to him, as only a few months ago, she too was frozen on the curb. Her corner grew as she intervened, patting away his hand. "Hey, it's alright man. Keep your money. I already gave him five bucks. And by the looks of it- you need the money more."

He must be freezing in that tank top. Her heart finally gave in, and Ash tugged off her leather jacket which she had shoplifted from a local Target. She folded the jacket in her arms, revealing her black shirt underneath with dogtags dangling over it. A large tattoo covered her right bicep, now visible after the jacket was removed. She hated to part with it, but knew the kid needed it more.

"Here, kid, take this, please. I'm out of money, but it's something." Ash handed her leather jacket towards the sickly looking boy.

Mad_Hatter Mad_Hatter

Damian had an idea of why Echo would be scared of him. After all, she was in a place where few could be. "Echo... you don't need to be scared! I mean, Damian looks scary but he isn't!" Veronica spoke. "You're not helping that much, Veronica..." He said, laughing a little. Still, he wore a sad smile as he looked at the blanket-covered girl. "I'm sorry that I scared you. But don't worry, I won't hurt you. I want to help you as much as Veronica do." He spoke, calmly. That reminded Veronica of a scene from her past.

She enrolled herself on the blanket. It was a rainy night outside and the thunders were hitting hard. "Aaaah... I'm scared...!!" she spoke alone. Soon, the door opened and he came in. "Vivi, are you sleeping?" He asked. "N-No... scary thunder won't let me sleep!" Veronica answered, scared. Soon, another thunder fell and she shut herself inside the blanket, trembling. He walked towards a chair and sat right next to the bed. "Get out, Vivi. I will sing you a beautiful song that will help you sleep." He said. Once hearing that, she got out slowly. Veronica loved to hear her brother sing. And as she held his hand, he began.

Star-la la lah, la la la la lah,
Love you, always deeply
Genuinely, imensely
Steadily with all my heart
Be strong and all will be alright

You are the aria yourself
Tomorrow, you will shine out.

And soon, she closed her eyes and slept.

Trapped in her own daydream and remembering the song, she began to sing it as well.

Star-la la lah, la la la la lah,
Love you too, always deeply
Genuinely, imensely
Steadily with all my heart

I'll be strong and all will be fine
Damian, who was still looking at Echo, returned his eyes to the singing Veronica. He knew that she was remembering of her dead brother and soon put his hand on her shoulder. She opened her eyes. "Damian... I'll be strong... I have to be or else...!" She spoke, worried. Her carefree spirit seemed to have vanished, as she now looked as a lost child. He hugged her and tried to calm her down. "You will, I'm sure of it. And I'm sure he's proud of the Veronica who's still here with us." He spoke and she nodded. Their eyes met as Damian's strong, yet peaceful stare pierced through her sadness. "No matter what it happens, I'll be here for you. The whole world might be against you, I'll always stay by your side." He affirmed, serious. "I... I'm glad you're near me. I think I would've already lost control... if you weren't..." She spoke. A small tear formed in her eye, but she immediately wiped it.

After that, she stepped back and looked at Echo, who would've been probably confused. "I'm sorry you had to see that. It's such an ugly thing for me to do in front of a friend..." Veronica explained, trying to smile sincerely.

Kai Clarke

Kai stopped. He immediately felt for the kid. Being sick and homeless wasn't a good combination. He looked in his bag, digging through to find his more comfortable beanie. He took it and pulled it onto the stranger's head. He spoke, "Stay warm," he said, "Can you try and promise me to do that? You need to get better." He gave him a soft smile. He hoped that would help. He hated seeing people hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back