• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

To Tame a Playboy

@A Y U

"Oliver," a sharp voice called out in the living room of an extravagant home. There was a chandelier, glittering and golden, teetering over a thick rug with swirling patterns in dull maroons and creamy whites. A sofa sat on one end where what appeared to be a pile of clothes lay.

The pile of clothes shifted, revealing a face and messy hair. Oliver groaned and swung his feet off of the sofa, sitting up and staring at her mother. She was much shorter than him and had a pinched looking face, her graying hair done up in a tight bun that seemed to pull her face back further.

"What?" he groaned, leaning back against the sofa. He still wore the suit he had put on the previous night when he had left on one of his excursions.

"I've let you act like this for too long," the woman started and Oliver snorted, preparing himself to zone out from the boring speeches he would no doubt hear. He had heard enough of them in his lifetime; speeches of not drinking, of settling down and marrying, of being the good heir. All in all, Oliver had learned to tune them out and never really take them to heart. His mother couldn't really make him do anything.

"Oliver," Emily snapped sharply and his eyes, which had drifted to a spot on the wall, snapped back to her.

"Yes?" he drawled.

She folded her arms over her chest, hugging them to herself as if to somehow envelope herself in her own embrace. "Did you hear anything I said?"

"Something about running the company, I'm sure," Oliver said, adjusting his suit jacket.

Emily breathed heavily out of her nose. "Yes," she hissed, "but there was something else in there, something much more important."

"And that would be?" Oliver asked, arching an eyebrow at her.

For a second, Emily's eyes appeared clouded, as if she was remembering a memory she did not want to remember.

In the next second, the look was gone and she stood up straighter, as if she was a soldier, ready to march on. "You're getting married."

"What?!" Oliver shouted and he would have leapt to his feet if his stomach wasn't churning from the drinks and lack of food he had had last night.

"You're. Getting. Married," Emily said crisply, punctuating every word. "To Krisa Rosenthal."

Oliver nearly vomited.

"You can't," he said, his voice strangled.

"Why can't I?" Emily demanded, her eyes narrowing.

"Because--" Oliver sputtered. "Because--"

"She's five years younger than you and already is on to becoming a much better CEO than you ever will be at this rate," Emily snapped, her usually harsh language coming through. "I have no doubt that she'll be able to reel you in."

Oliver groaned, digging the heels of his palm into his eyes. "But I don't like her," Oliver complained.

"I think she feels the same," Emily said coolly.

A young woman and a man sat on a sofa placed in a luxurious room. All the furniture was made of high quality, even the lamps were plated with gold. It was anyone's dream home, to live in something so extravagent. However the to figures that sat in the room seemed out of place. The man looked fairly similar to the woman, who peered down at his smart phone. He was wearing scrubs and a white jacket, where his name tag read: Claus Rosenthal. Claus turned to the woman, jabbing her side with his elbow.

"Hey. Why are we here? I have my shift in an hour." He grumbled, his thumbs tapping away at the screen. The woman shot him a glare, rubbing her side.

"How would I know? Papan sent us here, without a reason." She responded.

"Are you dumb?"

"Do you want to die?"

"Kirsa."

"What." The woman named Kirsa, turned her head away. She didn't know why she was here either. Her father presented her with a letter, which contained an address and instructions as to how to get in. The guards were scary, but the maids were even scarier. Kirsa shivered at the thought, shaking her head. Why am I here anyways.. She didn't care much as to why she was in this estate, but felt extremely uncomfortable to be sitting in a ridiculously luxurious setting. Everything was plated shiny metals and looked expensive compared to her. Kirsa was only wearing a simple sweater and jeans, with raggy Converse. Sighing, she leaned her head on her palm and continued to wait.

Oliver groaned as Emily sighed once more, walking over and hauling him to his feet. He was fairly sure he still smelled of alcohol, as he had failed to get into anyone else's bed the other night and had decided to drown his failure in booze.

"Come on," Emily said calmly, "she will be here soon."

"Shouldn't she be told this by her won parents?" Oliver grumbled as Emily strong-armed him out into the main hallway.

"At least her own parents agreed to this," Emily said.

"How much are you paying them?"

"We are not--"

"Was it in the millions?"

Emily breathed heavily. "We are not paying them," Emily said calmly. "We are negotiating with them."

"Even better,' Oliver grumbled.

Kirsa shot up from the seat, storming to the large wooden doors and swung it up. Two large men in black suits were standing before the door. Taken aback, she flinched and stared at them.

"What the hell.. " She whispered, scrunching her face into a scowl. "Move it you big oafs, I want to leave." Despite her ride tone, the two didn't budge or respond. That irritated her. Kirsa shouted out at them, repeating the words but nothing. She rolled her eyes and sat down back on the sofa.

Oliver turned at the sound of noise.

"Was that--"

"Yes," Emily said, tightening her grasp on Oliver's arm and walking faster. He stumbled slightly and earned a glare from Emily. He didn't look at her in response.

They finally reached the main entrance and he spotted the two figures on the couch and the burly men before the door.

"Is this necessary?" he asked his mother.

Emily glared at Oliver and moved from his side, towards the two that sat on the couch. "Hello," she said neutrally. "So glad you could make it."

Her eyes shifted over to the two figures in the door way. A messy man and an older woman. Kirsa raised a brow but showed a smile to the woman.

"Hello.. I don't know who you are or why I'm here, but I'd like to leave." She said but was jabbed again by her brother.

"I'm sorry about my sister.." He sighed, shooting a glare at her. "She meant that she would like to know why such a young lady has summoned us here."

Oliver raised an eyebrow.

He was dressed in a suit but it was very disheveled. His tie was skewed, his vest was crumbled and he was sure that there was a lipstick mark on the inside of his collar. His jacket was wrinkled and his pants had become uncreased as well.

"I'm sure you don't remember me," Emily said politely, "But I was good friends with your parents before. My name is Emily Spadding and this is my son, Oliver."

Oliver dipped his head in their direction but didn't move.

"Your parents have extended a great courtesy to us," Emily continued. "I'm sure if you asked them they would say they do remember us."

Cut to the chase, Oliver thought darkly. How the hell were two strangers like them going to get along at all? And he had never seen the woman before in his life.

"I have been looking for a suitable wife for my son," Emily said finally, "and your father highly recommended you."

".. How much did you give him?" She interuppted as she let out a sigh, crossing her legs. Her father had always been a gullible and pretty over friendly man, always having a sweet spot for those green papers. It always disappointed her, but he was her father. Kirsa's gaze turned from the man and was fixated on the old woman. Her brother let out an awkward chuckle.

"D-Don't mind her. My sister is .. A free spirit." Claus said, trying to keep his composure and cover for his incredibly rude sister. He knew she wasn't fond of the rich, but that was no excuse to have an attitude.

"Don't mind me? Excuse me? I'm supposed to be married to.. that." She retorted, giving as disapproving look to the man. Assuming from those lipstick markings on his neck and shirt, he didn't seem like the kind that would either agree to this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back