• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

To Save the Multiverse | TTRPG Using Mini Six

Lost Martian

King of the Kaiju
Everything that could or couldn’t exist, does exist. Within the Multiverse, all things are possible. However, the one thing that shouldn’t be possible is the death of the Multiverse. Multiple universes have ceased to exist, a wave of entropy sweeping across creation. This has worried the more powerful beings of the Multiverse as they see reality after reality blink out of existence.

One of them decides to do something about this, plucking skilled people out of their home universe right before it is destroyed. These agents of the powerful being are then separated into teams, and sent out to try and figure out what is killing the Multiverse.

The players will create a character from an original universe of their own creation. Being rescued from their home right before its destruction, they would be forced to work for the powerful being. I’m open to characters having powers or magic, but I would ask that it fit the system, and that all characters be human or able to pass as human.

So I’ve never actually run a tabletop RPG online before, but I really want to try it out. As such I’m starting with a simpler system than D&D. I’ve picked Mini Six, a simplified version of the OpenD6 system. A setting neutral system, Mini Six only uses six sided dice and is meant for fast, cinematic gaming.

The PDF is free and is located here: LINK.

It’s a really simple system to learn just by reading through, however if you have any rules questions please feel free to ask me. Depending on what type of characters you come up with, I may have to bring in some of the optional rules. But I’ll leave it up for discussion, as I do want to allow a wide variety of characters.

So I hope to see who is interested in this, as I do want to try GMing again.

darkred darkred Glad that you’re interested. I’m pretty open on characters and universes, only I ask that both be original to your own creation, and that characters are human or could pass as one. Also language barrier won’t be a thing because you’ll get communicators that auto-translate any language.

If you have questions about a specific character or universe and want to know if they’ll fit in, please feel free to ask.

darkred darkred an ancient character would be fine, but I ask that you stick to original setting universes rather than canon ones. You can totally be inspired by some of your favorite settings, but I want to keep this RP non-fandom. Perhaps if you let me know which canon universe you were thinking of, we can brainstorm an original one that has similarities.

darkred darkred a Roman soldier would be fine. You could keep his world’s history close to ours, perhaps with one small or big difference. Perhaps the Roman Empire lasted longer in your universe, or magic was a thing, or there was a zombie apocalypse. It’s totally up to you to come up with how your home universe was different than our actual reality.

That sounds fun. But I'm getting frusterated. The PDF for the RPG is not letting me log in and download it.

Still accepting new players! I’m very open on what kind of character is allowed, and Mini Six is a really easy system to learn. Also if you are also having trouble downloading the PDF, please let me know. My ideal party size is three to four players, so I’m hoping I can drum up that much interest.

Hello? No one else interested in this? I promise it’s a simple system to learn and I’m allowing for great variety with how you want to make your character. Looking right now for two more players.

darkred darkred unfortunately it looks like we have no other interest in this. As such I’m going to end my search for players here. I’m sorry we couldn’t get anything going. Perhaps I’ll try a different setting and system, to see if that generates anymore interest. I’ll let you know if I do end up doing that.

if you plan on redoubling your efforts i would be intrested in playing. i would be an an aeronaut, a flying ships helmsman from a universe where floating cities were used to escape a great cataclysm on the planets surface.

skydude808 skydude808 while that character sounds really cool, I'm not planning on trying this again right now. Perhaps in the future I'll give it another go, and I'll tag you if I do so.

skydude808 skydude808 while that character sounds really cool, I'm not planning on trying this again right now. Perhaps in the future I'll give it another go, and I'll tag you if I do so.
you can hit me up for other things like this too, i enjoy the roleplays that are mainly roleplaying with just a little bit of decision making by the dice gods to keep it exciting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back