• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic To Dust

Blu

ᴏɴʟʏ ᴄᴏʟᴏʀꜱ ʟᴇꜰᴛ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
To-Dust-Logo.png

In time immemorial, it was said that our world was on the brink of annihilation. The seas had grown toxic; the earth—barren and broken. Our selfish way of life could no longer be sustained nor tolerated, but, still, we were persistent. And so our forefathers built great engines of unfathomable power with the hopes of terraforming our planet back to how it once was. Alas, the debt was overdue. Such lofty ambition brought us nothing but catastrophe and the world that we knew cease to exist. But not us, not us...

Salt Date 1192: the sunken statue of the great Goddess Libertati overlooks the cruel desert expanse that is the Broken Kingdom of York. The people here have forgotten the old stories. Our way of life is simple: salt and water. Salt so that we may flavor what food we can find, water so that it may go down easier. We struggle under the harsh rule of seven kings known as the Spice Lords, each of whom control a portion of the Broken Kingdom. They control the flow of salt and other spices that are essential to life out here in the wasteland. Under each of their employ are mercenaries called Seekers whose job is to 'seek out' sources of salt and water to bring under their lord's control. Meanwhile, the common people do all they can to eek out a meager existence.

There are many dangers out here in the wastes: bandits, marauders, beasts—the antlions especially. They're particularly nasty creatures. Giant bugs that lie waiting in the dunes for any and all passerby, ready to pounce at a moment's notice with mandibles the length of one's arms. If you survive the antlions, maybe you'll run into the Rat People who live in underground settlements or the Sisters of Libertati. They're a fun bunch. Warrior priestesses who are vehemently opposed to the Spice Lords and aren't afraid to get violent especially if you're a Seeker. Despite all of that, life out here is simple: salt and water...

~~~

So this RP is set on a post-apocalyptic Earth that has been severely terraformed out of control and thus our main setting New York (or simply York in the RP) is now a gigantic desert. Only most characters in the RP won't know that. It is referred to as the old stories but very few in this world know about that story now. The half-sunken Statue of Liberty has now become a topic of worship and religion known as the Goddess Libertati. Who you choose to be in this world is entirely up to you. There are many factions: the Spice Lords, Seekers, the Sisters of Libertati, the Rat People (who aren't actually rats). Maybe you just want to be nobody at the start. The technology in the world is advanced and designed around desert living. Guns and other weapons are properly sci-fi. All vehicles uses electromagnetic propulsion technology due to the immense amount of metals beneath your feet. Simply, all vehicles uses hover tech. Food and water are sparse but not exactly scarce, and salt and other spices are used as currency hence why the Spice Lords rule York with an iron grip. There's potential here for world building as I've yet to conceptualize everything. If you have any more questions, let me know.​

Great! I'll get started working on the OOC and character sheets.

OOC and CS are up. I've tagged everyone in the OOC and you can find the CS link there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back