• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

To Be a God

Ms MistyEye

Intro

Hi, I'm Misty. I'm afraid to tell you that there really isn't that much interesting about me, I'm your average everyday kinda girl. Though there is one thing I like to think I do pretty well which is writing. In this instance I want to start writing a new book. Unfortunately I get hit by writers block pretty often but I always find RPing the story first gives me tons of ideas and a basic guideline to go off. So without further ado, the plot:

Plot

Character A (A) recently moves to a new town after losing a close family member. They are still in their last year of school and are staying with their Aunt, Uncle and cousin for the remainder of the year. Whilst there, they meet Character B (B), a quiet, mysterious individual who has develops a fascination with A. Both characters develop a friendship which promises something more when something terrible happens to A, a possibly life ending event which they survive only due to B literally swooping in and saving the day. It is then discovered by A that B is a being known as a "New God". Individuals born with incredible powers who were worshipped in times of old. Whilst B is able to save A, A's aunt isn't so lucky, being thrown into a coma with no chance of ever waking, no natural chance that is. With the help of B, the two set off on a supernatural quest to find a super natural cure for A's Aunt.  Though as they begin their quest, both characters begins to notice weird things arising.

Lore

New Gods aren't the most powerful beings out there, Old Gods rank above them in the echelons of divinity. Very few Old Gods exist and in order to keep it that way, they monitor the birth of any New Gods. When a New God is born, Their soul is shattered into two pieces. The New God keeps one piece, but the other is dropped down to Earth below where it takes hold in the body of a mortal. Hence the New Gods are forced to scour the earth looking for their literal soul mates in order to become whole once again. Once their soul mate is found, the longer they spend together, the stronger they both get, the mortal gains godly powers rapidly, whilst the New God gains newer powers at a slower rate. Most New Gods wander the earth for thousands of years, hunting their soul as it jumps from body to body. Very few are fortunate to find their soul mates, very few indeed.

The abilities of each god differ from individual to individual but all posses a few standard abilities which include: flight, increased durability and strength, as well as increased reflexes and senses. God's also have an immortal soul so whilst they can be killed (with great difficulty) their soul returns to the Aether, the realm of Gods. Here it recovers energy before being born anew into the physical realm. If a God's soul is destroyed in the Aether it is then sent to Hades, a third realm of the dead where the souls of both Mortals and Gods go to after death where they slowly fade from existence. Whilst it is hypothesised that a soul could be recovered from Hades, No God, Old or New has ever accomplished such a task.

Requirements

- I want this to be a relatively detailed RP, with each post being around 2 paragraphs minimum.

- Good grammar and spelling is greatly appreciated!

- Constant input and criticism is also desirable, I would like to build this story together!

- I appreciate that everyone leads busy lives but a post  at least once every 3 days is required

- Whilst I do plan on this story being romantic, I don't want a cliche, run of the mill romance. There will be no love at first sight and no easy road for these two >:)

- I'm sure I'm forgetting something but I honestly can't remember what it is :S  

If anyone is interested or has any questions, please either reply here or send me a PM :)

I hadn't decided honestly, I'm leaning more towards character A but I could just as happily play character B  :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back