• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Titan Age: Reborn

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
After a while of laying out and sunbathing on the beach, Sam, or rather Gorgutz now, stood up and dusted the sand off of his chest, admiring how his skin had gone from green to a slightly darker shade of green. He was certainly getting the most out of the mandatory attire, that's for sure; he'd have to find a mirror to see if his cheeks tanned well in the speedo. Either way, he couldn't just spend all day lying around in a game like this, now could he? He knew there was a town on the northern end of the beach, from where most of the quests were likely given. So, naturally, he slipped his hoodie back on and beat feet to the town, eager to start on his first quest.

Three steps in to the town center, and he could see why most of the info online referred to this place as more of a vacation spot than a normal MMO starting zone; the town and its creature comforts were reminiscent of a tourist town like a few he knew in Alaska, though obviously the amenities and architecture here are more tailored to the tropical theme. Failing any better place to look, he walked over to the bar; it wasn't a tavern by any stretch, but you could still get a quest here, right? He ordered a drink from the tavern lady, forking over the gold coins to get it. Then, to his surprise, the advanced AI he had been hearing so much about kicked in, and the bartender began to try and make small talk with him as she drew his ale from the tap.

"So, another one of those fellers who washed up on the shore, huh?" the bartender said, topping off the head of the ale. Gorgutz was initially confused, then remembered that that was the in-game justification for him being on the island. She continued, "I bet you want to get out of this place as soon as possible."

"Er... yeah, I guess,"
he replied, taken aback. The response wasn't quite true, as he was rather enjoying the island's ambience, but he was a bit too dumbstruck to form a better response. The AI was strikingly lifelike, almost to the point where he felt suspicious that the person he was talking to was a staff member of Nation, before remembering that there would have to be tens of thousands of them to properly staff the world, and allegedly players from the original Titan Age remembered coming across similarly advanced AI back in the day.

"Well, there's no way off the island at the moment, but perhaps there could be..." the bartender put a finger to her lip, "See, our dock and ships here in town were carried off to sea when the beasties all arrived. However, there was a smuggler dock on the other side of the island that some... less than savory individuals were using before a monster made its nest there. If we could clear it out, the town could repurpose it and ferry you off the island. Of course, I don't think you're quite tough enough to handle 'im even if you rounded up a posse, let alone by yourself, and we'd need to fix the lighthouse nearby first."

"Are you suggesting I help?"
Gortgutz said, noticing for the first time how surprisingly deep his voice was.

"Bingo, kid! We have some craftsmen here in town that can do the fix, but we need the materials. We'd need some wood to light the bonfire in the tower, and some glass-quality sand to use to repair the lighthouse's Fresnel lenses. Now, you can't just scoop that stuff off the beach, which would normally make it hard to come by, but there seem to be some goblins on the southern beach with a discerning taste for sand, who happen to be collecting the exact kind of sand we need. Bring a few of their bags, and a good few logs, and we should be in business."

"Sure, I can do that!"
Gorgutz said, jumping at the opportunity to fight an enemy with a brain larger than a walnut. As soon as he said that, a message popped up for him:

New Quest: A Light Shining in the Darkness

Kill Beach Goblins to get quality sand and collect driftwood on the beach so that the lighthouse can be recommissioned.

0/5 Driftwood collected
0/20 Glassmaking Sand collected
Gorgutz closed his spam pop-up message and walked out of the bar. He checked his world map, and decided to cut through the jungle to get to the southern beach rather than walk along the coast, just to see what the jungle biome was like. But of course, before he forgot, he took his hoodie back off. After all, you can't just wear a speedo and not go shirtless, can you?

So along he went on his way, shirtless and swole as an orc does, soaking in the scenery of the jungle, with all the intricate and beautiful details that went over his head as he goofed around; the chirping of the birds of paradise, the smell of the brightly-colored, likely toxic flowers on the cool jungle ground, given shade by the tree canopy high above. He had to admit, they really loved their attention to detail on this one. Though he also had to admit, along his journey, there were some quirks; he could swear he heard a cat meowing in the distance, along with some sort of creatures cackling. Weird, maybe it's a mixed-up audio file, he thought.

He eventually arrived at the southern beach, away from most of the 'tourist' players. The scenery was still beautiful here, but this certainly wasn't a fun place to be if you just wanted to swim and sip margheritas. The place was absolutely littered with flotsam and shipwrecks, and infested from end to end with Beach Goblins.

"SHOWTIME!" He said, before jumping into the fray of the Goblins.

Interactions: idk, basically anyone who saw him along the way lmao

Last edited:
Faye looked up as someone talked to her, even before the bartender could explain the quest. It was a little rude if you asked her but that's just what people seemed to be. He offered to have her join their team, appearently they were teaming up. Faye, however, had no interest in that just yet. She wasn't really the type to team up with just about anyone, and she'd rather go through this game experience on her own for the time being. "hey, sorry man" she said with an apologetic smile, though she didn't feel sorry at all "I'm kinda not really looking to team up or anything" she explained. She didn't feel like she owed him more explanation, not that she could give him anyway.

Then she turned back to the bartender, who handed her the beer she had ordered. "oh yes, I could use your help" the lady said "see, my cat ran away and I'm really busy, if I wasn't I'd be out looking for her. Could you please help me to find her?"

Faye nodded, that seemed like an easy enough task, it would probably be easy money. "sure thing, count on me" she said. How hard could it be to find a cat right? It was probably wandering around town somewhere. She took her beer and found a small table outside where she could enjoy the ocean breeze. You could say what you wanted but this game sure was realistic. Shame this town was so crowded, but perhaps later she could move to a quieter place in the game, somewhere she could really be on her own and live her best life.

Velair Velair Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Astrylan Astrylan

Harry/Gadear
Interaction: RaynaFon RaynaFon
gadear would look at the girl somewhat confused by what she was saying to him... old English what was this she was talking about? but at least she explained what she was "oh i see dar neva seen won of ya kind rou'd ere still nicen to know den, but i ain't go a clue want ya talken bout ol engish? dis is just a dwarven accent" he would reply as the lizard kin began to walk to the southern beach the dwarf would follow along "soo lass, wa's ya name anyway ima gadear, see ya gonna go deal with dat boar prob'em id be glad to joy ya so wadda you say den?"

When the girl politely refused Dylans request Dylan was gonna sit back down at the bar. He WAS gonna sit down at the bar where it not that he heard someone yell.
This would normaly not be a problem if Dylan had not sat down WAY too long for his taste. So needless to say when the perfect excuse to be stupid comes along Dylan grabs the oppertunity with both hands. So he walks out of the bar and yells "shut the F*ck up mate!". After that little misadventure he sits back at the bar and waits for the inevitable response.

Sizniche Sizniche

Users who are viewing this thread

Back