• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

'Tis the Season (for New RPs)

Redshift

Watch, as the world gets further away
...falalalala lala la la!

Hello all! While I should be studying for finals, I would love a welcome distraction in the form of unabashed plotting and pairing. Lately, I've been having specific cravings, especially for certain characters of mine who I've sadly neglected as of late. Therefore, for a few genres, I will mostly be looking to use some already established characters I have. This is not set in stone, but if you like them, I would love to use them.

First a few things about me:

• I'm a pretty detailed person and tend to write long posts, especially at the beginning of RPs. Once the action starts going, I can reduce the word count to make quicker response, but in areas of intense, emotional drama, I can't help but let my words flow. I would prefer my partners to have a similar word count (multi-paragraph), but I'm mostly just looking for skill and attention to detail over quantity.
  • I am a university student, so my schedule is pretty booked. I will, however, definitely be able to post once a week minimum (usual is a reply a day). I'll let you know if something happens, but please be patient and kind, because I can tend to have an unstable schedule. I hope you will be able to make the same sort of commitment, and because of my situation, I will be similarly understanding of any IRL circumstances.
  • I am of the female species, but I am willing to play male or female (not confident with trans/non-binary, sorry!). As for romance, I'm up for all sorts of pairings. However, don't feel romance is necessary. Platonic relationships have a lot of great dynamics as well!

Now to the real meat of the post: my preferred genres and plot ideas. I've also included the characters I will probably play with each genre/plot. Feel free to suggest your own ideas or ask if I would be willing to do any others.

In order of current craving:

Modern Fantasy - A World Below

The hum-drum of normal life has continued without a hitch for centuries with a dark secret underneath its feet. Supernatural creatures live in the underbelly of the Earth: a civilization both separated and intertwined with their human counterparts. Their secrets are always threatened to be broken, but with the dawn of the age of information, the challenge to remain hidden has grown exponentially....

Character: Oberon - a rather cheery and emotional werewolf almost perpetually stuck in his wolfish form

TAKEN

Fandom - Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

This is a guilty pleasure craving, especially since I don't normally do fandom roleplays. I don't have a specific plot in mind here and I'd love to here your ideas.

Characters:

Newt Scamander - yes I will play this awkward bundle of freckles

Trevor Klemms - a young, newly graduated wizard wrestling with his half-blood heritage

Victoria "Vixen" Burk - a feisty no-maj running a speakeasy

Low Fantasy - Bounded By Blood

Childhood friends find a source of dark magic that changes their lives forever. It turns out to be a source of insurmountable strength and power, but at a cost to their sanity. Each react differently, and as a result gain different powers. They soon realize only the most devout to the arcane art can surpass the other.

Character: Mariella - a self-sufficient adolescent who was raised in the forest, an outcast from her village

Historical - Roaring '20s

It now may be unconstitutional for US citizens to drink alcohol, but perhaps that has now made the vice more appealing. It definitely made selling it a risky business. Yet, that hasn't stopped the Burk family from trying and embracing a life of crime

Character: Victoria "Vixen" Burk - a feisty woman who will do whatever it takes to survive in her cutthroat market

TAKEN

If you want any of these plots or characters elaborated, just ask. And again, don't hesitate to offer up some plots of your own. Thanks for reading!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back