• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern timing is everything (recruiting)

Wisp

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

221ca9ae160c8f3d69997844b7850816d1516a9a_hq.gif

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

there i was, none the wiser // both of us, different trajectories

who'd have thought we'd be right here in this spot // timing is everything

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

[ i n t e r e s t  c h e c k ]

currently, our group has thirteen members - however, @Dracogenius and i are looking for more

people to join us! this roleplay is lgbt friendly, and multiple characters are encouraged!

if you have any inquiries, feel free to post here or message us privately - otherwise, go ahead and

click that button to ask to join the project! we currently have more nyc residents than we do

travelers, so characters whose travels have been halted by the storm are requested!

(however, once we have more travelers, if you would like to take up another character that is a

resident, that would be fine! we just are quite unbalanced right now.)

PLOT

it's february in new york city, and amidst the falling snow, romance is in the air. valentine's day is fast-approaching,

seen on every street corner and window display. there's no shortage of advertising for the romance-filled holiday, from

confections to decorations, and the busy harbor city is looking at another successful year in celebrating the holiday. not

even the unexpected frontal snowsquall that's blown in is going to put a damper on things!

well, unless you're traveling.

planes are grounded until the weather clears, not to mention the trains that have to stay in the station! travel plans

have been put to a necessary halt amidst the complaints of unhappy travelers, but there's no fuss large enough

to convince the city to open travel in such unfavorable weather conditions. the snowfall started light at first, but

meteorologists have predicted that it will only continue to increase until it runs itself out. throw in the risk of lightning

among the low visibility and low temperatures, and no one's keen on heading out into the storm.

any travelers that have been held up in their travel plans that don't already have access to shelter until the storm

blows over have been given accommodations on behalf of the local travel agencies, along with free rescheduling

for their tickets. the weather in new york city can be deceptive, though, its populace relying on more supernatural

and fantastical means to keep residents happy, so when you look out your window and wonder why you're still

stuck in brooklyn, remind yourself that snowplows aren't the only way to help people in cold weather!

to summarize ;

this is a slice-of-life, romance-based roleplay with supernatural & fantasy elements. it will take place

in new york city, but because there's five whole boroughs to nyc, we've picked brooklyn. honestly,

the supernatural & fantasy elements are hardly of consequence - they just add a little extra 'oomph' to

things, so don't think too hard about that part. (plus, how else can people wander the city in a snowstorm

if not for a little magical intervention?)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Ambela@zeroinspo thanks for your interest! we were so worried we wouldn't get any at all, but you guys showed interest so quickly!! * ^*

do either of you know anyone else who might be interested in this kind of roleplay? Draco and I are really new to the site, so we weren't really able to gauge how well this roleplay would be received ;v;

we're hoping to go ahead and kick it off relatively soon, since there's not much left to be tweaked on it. (just need to set up a general starting post, and make sure the character sheet has everything it needs)

Will this be a hosted project? Just wondering.

I fall very short from having enough posts to make this a hosted project, so no, it won't be!

one day, Draco and I hope to have enough posts to do so, but neither of us are anywhere close (having just joined earlier this week).

I fall very short from having enough posts to make this a hosted project, so no, it won't be!

one day, Draco and I hope to have enough posts to do so, but neither of us are anywhere close (having just joined earlier this week).

ah okay. Well this looks pretty interesting ^^ I might join.

i'm sorry, but I don't really have a specific group or people I know on here (this makes me sound like such a loner lol) so I don't really know who to tag

oh i like the sounds of this -- t'is been a while since i've been a part of a group rp but i'm interested!

You could always ask somebody who has enough posts to create a hosted project for you, and then give you administrator powers so you can do anything you want with it. =) 

Anyway, I don't have many people I can tag, I'm afraid.

I can't tag anyone from mobile, but that's fine if neither of you can think of anyone!!

five people is a whole lot more than I was expecting to show interest (yay!), and we can hopefully get the roleplay up very soon.

if I can find someone to do that with the hosted project forum, that would be really cool * ^*

I would be glad to do the hosted project for you. I could even add a bit of coding if you wanted to. Just let me know when you want it up?

I would be glad to do the hosted project for you. I could even add a bit of coding if you wanted to. Just let me know when you want it up?

as soon as I'm on a computer, Draco and I can organize something with you? o:

mobile is just too much for me, haha.

Oh

oh

now isn't this the cutest thing I've seen this year

(haha yes neon funny joke seeing as its j a n u a r y yep you outdid yourself this time)

but for real oh man oh man how cute. being a new user myself I definitely need in on this : s

Last edited by a moderator:
@Ambela@zeroinspo@Shmivian@illicit@rhysu@Unimaginable_16@icanneon@tiedyed unicorn@Salex The Baldie@JPax@Miss Obsess@FireFlare

hello, everyone!! there's so many of you (which is fantastic), and I'm hoping to see you all in the roleplay once it's up!

Ambela is helping Draco and I turn this into a hosted project, rather than simply being placed in the forums, which is probably best given how much interest has been shown (as well as the additional possibilities a hosted project gives us!)

including Draco and I, this brings us up to 14 possible members right now, and we were wondering if you guys would rather this be closed for now, or to leave it open for the possibility of more people joining.

also, though the plot sounds rather short term, we're hoping the roleplay will last a while, and have brainstormed (and are currently brainstorming) ideas for it to last longer.

so - thoughts? questions? aside from actually getting the roleplay up, we've got everything put together right now, and we're open to any input! ovo b

Users who are viewing this thread

Back