• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Time Trawled

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Note: I have a very limited amount of time to devote to RPs. And I avoid multiple instances of Settings to avoid confusion. I am currently open for one more RP. But I have a number options available.

I love roleplaying anachronisms - that is, something out of its proper time. The most classic example is the story of the Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court. Ordinarily I try to play the part of the one who is whisked back in time.

This time I want to reverse the role. I want to roleplay the native of the time and place. I am looking for someone to play the part of the one snatched from their time.

I would also like to see a romance component to the story. That said, I generally play the part of a male. I’d be looking for a female anachronism. (This also helps a bit for me to develop the setting.) She does NOT have to be a damsel in distress. If you have ever watched the TV series, Outlander, you have an idea of what I mean.

Posting
3rd person past tense
Multi paragraph
Decent spelling and grammar

Settings
I have a few settings in mind to choose from. Most will mean travel from the Present to the Past (or at least more primitive or fantasy oriented).

1982 - Sci Fi
The male in this scenario will be about 20 years of age and attending the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque. He is studying Chemistry and Physics at the postgraduate level. He also works at Sandia Labs. Approaching this one will be difficult as he has a bodyguard, butler, and estate manager.

1871 - Western
This scenario takes place in the Arizona Territory about where Holbrook is. In this setting Arizona and New Mexico are a little greener than in the real world, enough to support livestock with careful land management. Still rather dusty. Holbrook will literally be a one whore town. It has an aging Sheriff, a Deputy who doubles as the owner of the local saloon. There is an inn with an above average dining room. The Doc doubles as the dentist and barber. There is a Veterinarian (lady) who has eyes on the Deputy (and vice versa). She is also a doctor to the Doc. There is a Teacher (lady) who paid to build her own school and is recently married to a local rancher. There is even a town drunk in his late 20’s. This one possible male protagonist I plan to run. (He cleans up well.) There is also a gambler a few years older I could run. (Both male protagonists are the older brothers of the Teacher. Their parents are worried that they will never be grandparents.)

Wizard of Nowhere Yet - Fantasy
This setting is based partly on the Wizard of Oz, but with an all original cast. I plan to have the three main protagonists (Lion, Scarecrow, and Tin Man) created. The Wizard is intended as the potential object of romance. In this setting the land is in shambles. He lives in an abandoned keep where he conducts his research in solitude and peace.

Waterworld - Post Apocalyptic, Sci Fi
Set long after global warming and war have destroyed civilization. This one would depend on being the survivor of a shipwreck. Despite the name of this setting there is still plenty of land. See the links for maps. Ecologically the world is a disaster. The male protagonist of this setting is, as one might expect, a man with his own ship. He is solitary by nature, but he isn’t completely inhuman. His first thoughts will be to drop you off at the first land dweller site. Alternatively, you could be discovered by pirates first. To them you will be a commodity to use or trade. Another map link

Ardael - Supernatural
Ardael is the correct name for Transylvania. I have several options for this one. But the ideal would be set in the late Victorian Era. The male protagonist will be a Count living in a keep about which all sorts of superstitions abound.

Hommlet - Fantasy
This one is set in an original version of the World of Greyhawk setting. (I have lost my old versions of the original AD&D module.) The RP will center around an old moathouse. Exterior View. I have a few different ideas for the occupant(s) of the moathouse ranging from being settled by a retired adventurer, to the place being haunted and “off limits.”

Deathlands - Post Apocalyptic, Sci Fi
Set in America about 100 years after a nuclear war referred to as Skydark. This is partly a fandom based on a graphic audio series by this name. However, it will have original characters and an original story. I have run this setting before, but haven’t really chosen the male protagonist for it this time around.

Pirates of Hyboria - Fantasy
This one is set in the Hyborian Age (Think Conan). It starts with a shipwreck and being taken by slavers, thrown into a cage to be taken to a market to be branded and sold. But as luck would have it the slaver ship becomes the target of pirates. Before you can even be sold, you become the property of pirates. However, being a woman of the 21st century and a product of modern standards of beauty you catch the eye of the captain. He claims you as his own before his men can take advantage of you. Even better the slaves are offered a choice, join him, or serve him until he gets to the first available port. Those who choose to leave will be granted a small portion of the slavers’ booty. It won’t be much, but it is better than they could have hoped for.

Usurper - Fantasy, Supernatural, Mythological
This one is set in Ancient times - about 1000 BCE. The Usurper is the ruler of Lygos. Lygos is located where modern Istanbul is today. The Usurper has a pale complexion and probably has origins from the far North or West. This story does NOT follow history to the letter. Yes, the Usurper himself is the male protagonist. Your character will be captured by slavers. Given your great beauty, you will be presented as a gift to the new ruler.

Contact via PM
Have a good idea for a character in advance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back