• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Time Traveler Romance - 18+ (Always Open)

Colonel

Unlucky Member
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Going through my old Google Docs, I found a story I started a couple of years ago - a Time Travel Romance with someone who unfortunately had to stop due to RL scheduling.

Shoulders square and jaw taut, Connor sat with his hands cupped in front of him as he listened to the most senior ranking man in the room sat opposite him. General Abernethy was flanked on both sides by various other persons who also heavily outranked the soon to be time traveler, all of whom had finished reading a thick binder titled - Operation Omerta. Narrowing his eyes the old man regarded Connor silently for a moment before speaking

"Agent Moore. I want you to summarize this briefing and state your superiors' mission, for the record. Prior to the destruction of these documents"

His throat jumped with a swallow, taking a firm inhale Connor nodded, flattening his hands on the surface of the large table.

"Yes Sir."

Raising himself to his feet, Connor stood a shade above six feet tall with a physically strong stature. His military dress understated and nondescript (due to the deniable nature of his work), Moore flickered his ice blue eyes across his top brass audience and resisted a scratch of his trimmed blonde beard before he began.

"Operation Omerta will take place in 1930 - in the later stages of prohibition where we will infiltrate the upper echelons of organized crime and disable Al Capone. This will be a one man operation with the intention to return upon success."

"We being yourself Agent?" A buxom woman in a dark blue suit, denoting the rank of Major, asked in a clipped tone.

"Yes Mar'm."

"Agent Moore orchestrated Operation Emerald, which was successful beyond our expectations." Abernethy interjected.

"Were you the operator for that mission?" Another Major asked, this one a middle aged Asian man with a well educated American accent

Connor shook his head.

"No sir, our operator was unable to return.. it was believed she died following a malfunction with her return module." Moore replied, his voice slightly hesitant and measured.

"Agent Joanne Moore, any relation?" Another top brass asked unnecessarily, an immediately brash and overweight man.

Connor hesitated before clearing his throat.

"My wife, sir."

The room fell silent a moment, before Abernethy leaned forward and brought the group back on track.

"Agent. In light of your track record, your training results and your unit's improved return modules - The King approves your mission, as of this instant you are completely devoid of any official ties or association with your Government until the mission is complete. Is that understood?"

"Aye sir."

"Dismissed."
For context, this was a very dialogue-centric part of the story. I consider myself a "Para" level writer, I can do multiple but find 2-3 paragraphs would likely be my range. It will depend on who I write with.

The premise was that said British time travel agent, Connor Moore, was due to disable Al Capone during prohibition era America, however the machine sent him to a different time entirely - medieval Switzerland.

Connor kept his eyes locked shut as he was transported through the expanse of time - strongly suggested due to the still unknown quantities to time travel and the fact that an early test resulted in the blindness of a rhesus monkey named Buzz.

The fate of that poor animal was Moore's focus right up to the searing pain of burning he felt across his body, gritting his teeth Connor's muscular body tensed as his body struggled with the pain, seeping out as a loud growl of pain before stumbling onto the woodland floor.

The cooling sensation of the moist earth was welcoming before he pressed his hands to the ground and vaulted himself to his feet. Flicking his eyes open Connor scanned his immediate surroundings, his head thundered with the worst headache he ever encountered. His clothes ripped and scorched, showing patches of red and burnt skin behind, Moore frowned at the fauna and trees that surrounded him.

This isn't Chicago, this isn't even the Americas.

Panting his trousers, his pocket watch and module were still present. Pulling the device out, Connor' eyes widened at the screen

Jump Error, Temporal Rift Present.

"****." Connor muttered.

Swinging a thumb over the screen, Connor checked that the device diagnostics weren't damaged - the device readout stated it was perfectly fine, also that HARRI was ready.

Historical Assessment, Research and Reconnaissance Interface (HARRI) was a handful of cybernetic implants that paired with the return device - an artificial intelligence that assisted the operative by silently speaking to them within their ear. Harri was Joanne's concept, funded by the grandsons of Jeff Bezos and Bill Gates.

Turning on the AI, Connor dropped the module back into his pocket. Rubbing his eyes, he flinched at the sight of a small blue circle in the bottom corner of his vision, the circle glowed in sequence with the voice within his head.

Hello Agent Moore, I am Harri. How are you feeling?

The voice was male, trim and proper. The voice of a former royal family member, his accent very much the King's English.

"Awful. Where am I?"

Your vitals suggest no significant damage. I'm afraid a Temporal Rift has resulted in minor burns and cranial shock, I am dispensing a mild painkiller into your bloodstream now

Moore couldn't help a soft sigh as the internal medication worked swiftly, his ice blue eyes scanned the trees around him, the nearby cliffs especially.

"Any idea where Harry?"

Processing…

Connor flinched again as blue boxes outlined surrounding trees and the two cliffs within his vision. This would take some getting used to.

European conifer, spruce and fir detected. The immediate cliff topography suggests Switzerland. One of these tree species has been extinct since the mid 18th century. Without a reference point I am currently unable to determine the exact year

Moore felt a sudden wave of drowsiness at the news of being halfway around the world and at least two hundred years off his intended destination. His throat tightened and his heart thundered in his chest, his onset panic was only amplified by the sound of horses whinnying nearby.

The circle in his vision turned yellow, to signify warning

Two adult horses. Approximately 100 yards away. Agent, proceed with caution.

The whole story arch would be Connor working out how he would return to the modern time (be it some fashioning of technology, magic or other occult means) with his newfound love interest or forego said return for their relationship.

I really liked this idea because it encouraged both of us to research medieval Switzerland, a period and time in history I think we can all agree is not widely known, whilst fleshing out new OCs (Also open to you playing historic figures if you had one in mind)

I would like to rekindle this idea, will you help me? Please message me (including the words "88 miles per hour") with a time period you had in mind (Switzerland isn't set in stone here), alternatively if you have a character in time (sheet ready or just a couple of lines) we can discuss a potential time period as well. Themes would depend on the era but I wouldn't shy away from violence or dark elements of the given period, whatever you're comfortable with.

Possible Periods (Not exhaustive, welcome others)
  • Prohibition America
  • Victorian Britain
  • Ancient Egypt
  • 14th Century "Black Death" stricken Europe
  • World War II
  • The Future

Me
30+ Male
GMT Based - Aim to respond most days, sometimes multiple a day when able
Adaptable post lengths
Third person perspective

You
18+ (Non-negotiable)
Any gender (OC effeminate in appearance)
Any timezone
Adaptable (Minimum one paragraph please)
Third person perspective

Please DM if interested

Last edited:
Bump - Tweaked title to Always Open, added idea of historical figure use and possible period list

Users who are viewing this thread

Back