• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Ticket to Aeradenn (BlindsideTex x My Fair Lady)

BlindsideTex

One Time Luck

76490404-beautiful-woman-portrait-with-steampunk-glasses.jpg

Jules Brisco
The core of the earth trembled to the quake of the bombs. Not an inch of Rookthain was left unturned. This was the war of the human mechs against the mages. The Mechs wanted the power of the mages so badly that they decided to take it for themselves, to harness it. The mages wanted nothing to do with the weapons of destruction that the Mechs created...so thus the war began. A struggle of machines against raw magic. Though it only took the Mechs capturing a handful of powerful mages and drawing their powers to overthrow the rest of the rebellion. Cities were leveled. Many lives were lost, innocent lives...

Months passed. Those months turned to years. The Mages became enslaved to the Mechs, ruled by the creation of a device. A small trinket that was attached to the right wrist of every mage. It stole the magic from the mages, causing them to be unable to cast spells, unable to defend against the Mechs and their weapons. The capital city Voxstein was the center of everything, where the government thrived from drawing power from the mages, using them to power the cities, to power their weapons...to defy age...anything that a Mech could create...

The mages lived here enslaved by the Mechs, much as they did in every other city. Though, the mages here were kept here for good reason. The family lineage of these mages was of great power, these mages were used to power some of the most incredible machines that the Mechs had created to date. Each mage was on a schedule and was to report to Lord Redding or his men in the tower by their specified time. If caught late, or avoiding such appointment, the mage would be set on lock down in the prison...and unpleasant things would be done to the mage. Most every mage followed the schedule, like a well oiled machine...for fear of what happened in the prison...

Within the city of Voxstein the mages had their own jobs outside of their unwilling donation of their magic...it was a well functioning city. To the outside eye it may look like a normal city.

Music played loudly as the sound of a hammer beating against metal clanked through the garage. A young woman held a leather bag in her hands, her eyes darted about, sweat beaded upon her brow. She reached up and rang the bell upon the counter. Her fiery red hair pushed into her evergreen eyes as she bit her lip slightly.

A man came from the back, he had a short scruffy beard, grease was smeared upon his arms. He wore a button down shirt with grease stains in it and suspenders that had seen better days. “May I help you miss?” He leaned forward on the counter as he rubbed his hands with an old dirty towel.

The woman looked up to him and offered a shy smile. “Um, yes. Is Jules here?” She asked softly, her eyes looked to the shop over his shoulder. Searching.

The man watched her a moment, “She’s working. Pretty busy actually.” He tossed the towel over his shoulder. “You’re not bringing any trouble, are ya?” He asked as his eyes narrowed.

“No, no. Just an old friend, from school.” The woman smiled to him. “I was passing through Voxstein and thought I would see how she was...” She shifted slightly.

The man chuckled, “Alright.” He nodded. He stepped to the garage area and hit the top of the stereo.

“Hey what the hell Henry?!” A woman’s voice came from beneath a car.

The old man chuckled and stepped forward. He reached down and grabbed the edge of the creeper and jerked it out from beneath the car. “You have a visiter, Jules.” He smirked.

The woman reached up and lifted the goggles from her eyes. She had silver hair that was pulled into a messy bun. Her eyes were a beautiful blue with a golden ring around the center. “A visiter?” She questioned as she brushed a bit of oil from her cheek. She sat up and slipped her wrench into her back pocket of her pants that hugged her body. She wore leather boots that reached up to her knees and a tunic with a shape fitting vest over the top. She pushed the swinging door open and her jaw nearly dropped. “Agatha?” Her brows raised. She rushed forward nearly jumping over the counter and threw her arms around the young woman. “It’s been years!!!!” She squealed. “Oh how is it on the outside you dirty Mech?” She chuckled. “I wish I could have come with you on your adventures!”

Agatha smiled and bit her lip slightly. “I wanted to talk to you about something, Jules.” She glanced to Henry whom was standing near the car that Jules was working on.

Jules glanced to him a moment. “Don’t worry about him.” She grinned and leaned her head into the shop. “Hey! I’m going to grab a bite.” She smiled, “Want me to bring you back something?”

Henry looked to her, “You’d better.” He grumbled as he climbed beneath the car.

Jules looked to Agatha and winked. “See?” She chuckled. “Let’s grab something hm? Catch up?”

Agatha shifted slightly, “Sure, but I need to talk to you...somewhere...” She glanced around again, clearly uncomfortable.

Jules brought her brows together. “Come on.” She spoke and grabbed her arm gently. She led her out into the streets of the busy city. Airships floated overhead. She made her way through the crowds of the business district and down the back streets to the residential district where apartment homes stood. She climbed up the old metal stairs where she unlocked the door of her small apartment. She shut the door and locked it. “What’s bothering you? Are you in trouble Agatha?” Jules crossed her arms over her chest, her eyes filled with worry.

Agatha looked to her a moment and took in a deep breath. “Could be.” She spoke as she held the leather bag forward. “Look, Jules, you don’t deserve what’s happening to you here. I’ve been to Aeradenn, the mages there...they are free...it isn’t a myth...there are only a few but the Mechs...the ones that are in this city, they aren’t there, and it’s safe...you won’t have to endure them draining you anymore...”

Jules watched her friend carefully for a moment as she looked to the small bag that was pressed against her chest. Her fingertips curled around it. The thought of being free...she closed her eyes a moment. “Agatha, you know I can’t leave the city, I’m a mage...only Mechs can leave...”

“That’s the beauty of it, Jules...I got you a ticket...” She glanced to the door. “Look, I can’t be seen with you, they’ll know...and...” She looked to her friend a long moment. “You probably won’t see me again...I had to pull quite a few strings to get you this, just do it, okay? Don’t look back.”

Jules bit her lip slightly. “If I get caught...”

“Trust me...look I gotta go...” She moved and looked out the window. “Shit...” She muttered. “Don’t look back, Jules.” She spoke, her eyes locked on her friend for a brief moment before she slipped from the apartment.

Jules stepped out onto the stairs to see her friend taking off in a sprint.

“There! That’s the traitor!”

Jules turned her eyes to see three officers in black race after Agatha. She drew her brows together as she watched them run after her friend, a girl she’d known since she was a child. Moments later, gunfire rang out. Jules felt her heart leap into her throat. She rushed inside and moved a painting from the wall where she had a hidden safe. She turned the dial quickly before she tossed the small leather bag into the safe. She then rushed from her apartment and down the stairs. Her mind raced as she bound around the corner. The officers stood over Agatha’s body...one pushed her onto her back with the toe of his boot. She was limp as a child’s rag doll.

Jules took a few steps back her eyes widened. Did they just kill Agatha because of whatever was in that bag? She fought to breathe. It was then that her eyes moved to the big clock that overlooked the city from the tower. “Shit!” She cursed. She rushed through the streets, she shoved one man out of the way. “Sorry!!!” She cried as she sprinted along. She skidded to a stop before the tower and reached her right arm out. The red laser of the scanner scanned over the bracelet that held a gentle blue glow. The door chimed and Jules walked in, her chest heaved as she stepped inside of the tower. She was greeted by two guards that looked to her with guns in their hands.

“Almost late huh?” One asked with a chuckle behind his tone. “Too bad.” He grinned wickedly as his eyes gazed over her.

Jules looked to him, her brows drawn together. “I was busy at work...I lost track of time.” She walked toward the stairs.

The guard chuckled. “Like I said, too bad.”

Jules ignored him and stepped into a room where she sat down in a padded chair. She shut her eyes as restraints locked around her wrists to hold her in place. Having the magic taken wasn’t a comfortable process. Though, over the years she’d grown used to it...at least as much as she could. A machine moved forward and clipped over the bracelet. Jules leaned her head back as the machine began to whirr. She grit her teeth as pain began to rush through her body. Her eyes opened and a beautiful blue glow had taken on her eyes. She groaned as the machine drew her power from her. It felt as though she was being compressed and ripped to shreds all at the same time. The process lasted an hour...longer than usual...though it drained what she had...her emotions could have driven up her magic...

Jules stood shakily once the machine released her. She stumbled forward and swallowed. She’d never felt quite this weak after a session. She held her wrist which ached. “Damnit...” She muttered to herself as the door to the room slid open. She blinked a few times and found her way toward the door.

“See you tomorrow, mage.” The guard chuckled. “Don’t be late.”

Jules paid him no attention as she stepped out onto the streets. The rest of her day was a blur. She returned to the shop to work on cars, though her mind kept racing back to Agatha...her friend...dead...

For what?

Jules couldn’t understand it. She pulled the leather bag from her safe and stared at it for several minutes, her thumb ran over the stitching of the bag. “Why would you throw your life away? Like that?” She shook her head. She slowly opened the bag and pulled the contents out.

Jules held a ticket in her hand. She flipped it over reading the ink upon the thick paper.

One way ticket to Aeradenn upon the magnificent Leverpoint Sky Ship, Mech’s only, no Mages aboard. Passport required for all travels to Aeradenn.

Jules took in a breath and shook her head as she looked to the glowing bracelet upon her wrist. “How do I hide that, hm? Ag? Tell me that...” She whispered to herself as she pulled the next item from the bag. It was a passport. She drew her brows together slightly as she opened the small booklet. It held a picture of her, though the name was Lilly, her age was different, her job different...and it stated she was a Mech...

She shifted back on her couch, “Gods...how did she get this?” She muttered. “Why is it so important to her that I go to Aeradenn?”

Jules pulled the next thing out then it was a small device with a piece of paper attached to it. Place this over your wrist, it was Agatha’s handwriting. She drew her brows together and placed the item over her wrist. The device whirred slightly and then it opened up and clipped over her wrist. It glowed yellow and extended into a leather glove. She stared at the device for a long moment, it completely hid her bracelet...

Jules pulled the next item out, a letter.

Jules,

I know you think I’m an idiot, especially if you’re digging through the bag...I am more than likely gone now...there are bigger things at play here than you could imagine. You must trust me. Just take the ticket and go, never look back.

Ags

Jules took in a shaken breath. She looked to the ticket again and then to the clock that clicked with each second. She had an hour before the ship departed. “Okay...” She breathed. She packed a few things into a bag and pulled it over her back. She looked to the device upon her wrist, it looked much like some of the expensive mechanical devices that the mechs wore. She’d fit right in.Jules bit her lip slightly and nodded. “Alright....” She walked from her apartment. “No looking back.” She spoke softly to herself as she walked down the streets. “I’m doing this for you Ags...” She kept her eyes away from the strangers that passed beside her as she made her way to the travel district from the slums of the residential area.

Jules looked around, the docks were dead this time of day. The hustle of the city had died down hours ago. This was it. Jules walked to the gate that led to the airships.

“Ticket.” A man spoke as he held out his hand.

Jules dug the ticket from her pocket and held it forward.

The man looked up to her from where he sat, his eyes looking over the rims of his glasses. “Passport.” His voice was gruff.

Jules dug in her pocket again and pulled it out. “Here you go.” She tried to hide her uncomfortable gaze by looking away.

The old man opened up the passport and looked it over. He held it to the light, “Hm....” He hummed. He then punched a hole in her ticket. “There you are Lilly. Safe travels to Aeradenn.” He offered a smile.

Jules took the ticket and the passport back from him. “Thank you.” She spoke, her pulse was pounding within her ears. She took a few steps forward onto the docks. Her mind began to race. She glanced around, half expecting an officer to come after her. She half expected a gun to be pointed in her face....

Jules walked over to the airship then, she looked up to it and took in a breath. “No looking back.” She nodded to herself. She climbed the stairs and made her way onto the deck. Jules stepped inside and took a seat at the bar. “Strong one please.” She slid a few coins across the bar.

The bartender looked to her a smile on his lips. He had a top hat on and was dressed rather well. “Welcome. First time flying is it?” He asked.

Jules looked to him, a bit of a frightened stare.

“I can tell you’re nervous. Don’t worry.” He chuckled as he mixed a few things together. “This’ll fix ya right up.” He pushed the milky liquid across the bar. “It’s called a painkiller. Helps with nervousness too.” He winked. “Relax, enjoy the festivities. It’s a good ride to Aeradenn.” He moved to the next guest.

Jules took the drink and took a swig, her nose wrinkled slightly and she forced herself to drink down the glass. It didn’t take long before she’d relaxed a bit. Jules walked out onto the decks and leaned against the railing. By this time they’d taken flight. She smiled as she looked down over the city. The lights. Her eyes fell on the tower. Her pulse quickened. What would happen when she missed her appointment? The bracelet was meant to lock her down...at least that was what they threatened...she shook the thought from her head. What could they do if she was in Aeradenn by morning?

Duke walked the streets with a limp. His eyes glued to the ground, afraid if he looked up at anyone he would suffer another beating. He had been late to his appointment, because of his friend, now he suffered for it. Duke was no small man, he easily towered the other people as they walked past him. But despite his size he was usually a gentleman and a good boxer. His head aches from the beating on top of him being drained. The large man was dead on the inside. Duke turned and headed into an apartment complex, an older lady letting him in, and he silently slipped away into his apartment. Duke took this chance to take a hot shower and try to dull the pain. "well duke. Looks like they did a number on you this time" a voice said from behind him as he soaked in the water. He turned to see a old man standing there. This was dukes manager. "mark. Leave me alone" he almost growled, his voice low, deep, and dangerous. Mark just chuckled at him "duke. Your growls don't scare me. You forget that I know you mage" duke looked down into the water. Mage? Why was that always thrown against him. Why was he forced to go through the beatings? And the appointment? He knew why. He hated every part of his life simply because some old prune in a big chair ripped his ancestors from their freedom and their rights. Mark sat against the tub his hand playing with something in his pocket. "duke. What if I said I could take the pain away? Get you away from here? " duke lifted his bruised face to better see mark. His black hair dusty and lost the sleek shine it once held. His bright chocolate eyes scanning mark, unsure of what he was talking about "I would say your going to get yourself and me killed. You know I'm never to leave the city" he said mark turned to him. "well it's better then seeing you like this duke. I took you from the streets as a baby, and raised you like my own. I can't stand to see you bruised up and dead like this. Just because of something you can't control"

Duke turned the water off and stepped out of the shower placing a towel around himself. He had markings and tattoos surrounding his body. Some mages where born with them. Some where not. His where a deep bloody red that looked like chains around his chest and arms. Each chain link greatly detailed with some tattooing. Everything that meant something to him was held by a link. Including the name of his mother. "duke.... Please. Take this. I went through allot over your story on that cell to get this to you. And you had better take it" he threw a pouch that bounced off dukes chest and landed on the tile in front of him. "get dressed. You leave shortly" he said walking out the door. Duke picked up the pouch looking into it. A ticket to a place he had never thought was real, a passport with his face but a different name. Different everything. Then was this strange bracelet. He watched it for a moment and read the note attached "place this over your chains son. Safe Travels. We love you" he put it over his city issues "chain" as mark had always called it, and watched it Cloe before he heard a chipping sound. There was no turning back now. He dressed and tried to look like a buesness man that the passport claimed him as. He walked out of the bathroom to see his adopted mother had already packed him a small bag and his little sister crying. Mark was pacing clearly worried about everything that was about to happen. "duke... Be careful" his mother warned choking back tears "I'll write and I'll come-" mark cut him off "you will never do that. You must never show where you came from or come back. No letters. No gifts. Nothing. If any word came back to the city we all will be killed." mark said sternly. Duke had never gone far with out his family by his side. His mother handed him his bag and had to carry his sister away. She was crying hard calling for him not to go. Mark had to push duke out the door so he didn't miss the flight.

Duke had never been more scared in all his life. His heart pounding in his chest as he walked to the airship. He almost turned back a few times, but if he did. That would be death to him and his family. Duke nearly jumped when a man walked up to him hand stretched out "ticket and passport" hands shaking he handed the man his information "nervous? " the man asked. Duke faked a smile "never been in an airship. Don't like heights" he lied but the ticket man chuckled after inspecting it "well Mark McCall, you will be fine. Enjoy your trip to Aeradenn" duke nodded and walked onto the airship. He had no problems finding the bar and sitting next to a beautiful woman. "whiskey please. On ice" he said trying to look like he belonged with the very people who caged him. The bartender nodded and handed him his drink.

Jules glanced to the man as he sat next to her. Something about him was off. Something wasn’t the same as the other Mechs around her. She took a sip from her drink as she listened to his words, the inflection within his voice. Whiskey, a hard drink. Stiff. She glanced to the bartender a moment as he made drinks for others before he poured the glass and slid it down the bar to to the man.

Her eyes played over this man that sat next to her, though she tried to be subtle. She realized she was staring to the bracelet upon his wrist. His right wrist. Jules looked to her specialized gauntlet, the yellow glow emitted from the gears of the glove as she bit her lip and looked away. There was no way this man was a mage. No. Her eyes looked to him once again. Did she recognize him? From the tower? Jules took in a deep breath, she shook her head as she finished off her drink and slipped from the counter. No, she couldn’t get caught up in things like this. She didn’t even know why Agatha wanted her to go to Aeradenn. She quickly stood and spun, her eyes glanced to the man again, she wasn’t paying attention to the path before her.

Suddenly Jules slammed into the chest of someone. She felt their arms wrap around her as they toppled to the ground. A glass clattered to the ground and shattered as she landed on this man’s chest. Jules’ eyes were wide as she pushed herself up. “S-sorry.” She choked out as she stood and brushed herself off.

The man chuckled as he got to his feet. He was a head taller than her and he wore a top hat upon his head, he had a neatly kept beard that looked as though he’d just been to a barber shop. His eyes were a piercing ice blue as he looked to her with a grin upon his lips. “Well now, I do believe that you owe me a dance, love. It’s the least you could do.” He winked as he lifted his glass. He smelled of alcohol. How many drinks had he had?

Jules was quick to shake her head. “Oh no, no I don’t---....”

Her words were ignored as the man took her hand and pulled her to the bar. “A drink for myself and the lady here.” He grinned to the bartender whom slid two drinks across the counter to him. “Drink up.” He grinned.

Jules watched this man before her. This Mech. She hadn’t really ever had a good interaction with Mechs besides Abigail and Henry at the shop. “I um...”

“It’s the least I can do.” He smiled to her, a handsome smile a friendliness that she’d truly never gotten from a Mech before. “I ran into you after all.”

“But...it was I....um...” Jules stammered as she looked to the drink. She bit her lip slightly. “I um...”

The man sighed and chuckled. “Let’s just dance then.” He took the drink from her and then wrapped his arm around her waist as he pulled her out onto the dance floor. The man pulled her in close and grinned as he danced with her.

Jules shifted in his arms, her eyes wide. She wasn’t quite sure what to think of this attention. “Um...I...don’t....um...” She stumbled slightly as the man led her in the dance. “I should...be....going I...” Jules pulled back from him.

“Hugo!” A man called from across the ship. “Hugo! Hey, I need you over here buddy.”

The man stopped a moment and looked to Jules, “I’ll teach you to dance later.” He winked before he slipped away.

Jules stood in the middle of the dance floor for a long moment. She was nearly frozen. She wasn’t sure how to process this. Her mind couldn’t wrap around the situation. What would happen in Aeradenn? What was she going to do if she couldn’t even handle a harmless drunken Mech?

Duke tried not to draw attention to himself. The more he felt her eyes on him the more his heart was pounding. Did she know him?! Was she an officer?!
He was waiting to see if she would pull a gun on him. But then she started walking away. He happened to glance and see the Gauntlet she had on was the same as his. Was she a mage? How did she get here? Did she know what they where supposed to do next? All questions he needed answered. He saw she had fallen with this drunk man. Duke didn't know if she was here with him until she seemed nervous when he just about dragged her away. "don't move duke... Don't blow your cover" he muttered to himself. But if she was a mage, She could be in danger. He sighed and walked after the two, trying not to look suspicious. When he saw the man had left he took his chance and walked closer. "don't panic. Just fallow my lead" he whispered to her. He pointed to a group of man that watched her closely , he tried his hardest not to let them see he was pointing.
"there you are my darling. I was wondering where you went" he smiled acting like they had been long time friends. "I just bumped into some old friends of mine. They where by the bar. Maybe we can catch them again" he said gently taking her arm. He put on the friendliest smile he could master trying to show her he was trustworthy. He was terrified. What if she wasn't a mage? What if his first fear was right? Either way she looked just as scared as he felt. He didn't want to push her or scare her more so he just gave a gentle tug on her "don't be scared. I'm duke. I'll buy you a drink" he whispered

Jules took in a breath as she was approached by the man at the bar. Her eyes gazed to him. She went to step away as he indiscreetly pointed to a man that stood with stone cold eyes staring to them. “Duke.” She repeated his name as she looked to his hand that held onto her arm. She bit her lip slightly as she leaned into him and her fingers wrapped around his arm as well. A beautiful smile flashed upon her face as she gazed up to him. “Oh you found our friends?” She questioned and gave a soft chuckle as she allowed herself to be led away. “I was looking everywhere for you, love.” She looked to the gauntlet upon his wrist, her eyes stared to it a long moment before she looked up to the barkeep.

Jules looked to the man and bit her lip. “Come with me.” She reached and took his hand. She recognized him. Finally. Something clicked. She walked quickly as she reached into her pocket and pulled her ticket. She looked to her room number and her brows scrunched together. Her grip upon his hand didn’t loosen as she tugged him along. She pulled him down below the decks and rushed to her room. 23B. She stopped before the door. No key. She sighed heavily. “How....?” She sighed as she looked to the handle.

“Just brush it over the keypad.” A man walking by spoke with a chuckle.

Jules bit her lip again as she held the ticket in front of the door keypad. It chimed and she was able to push the door open. She tugged the man into the room with her and as soon as the door shut she glanced around the room. She released his hand and rushed around the room looking this way and that. She moved a few objects, looking for a camera....anything that could give away to the wrong person she was a mage. Then suddenly Jules turned to the man. “Duke.” She spoke, her eyes full of fear. “What....what is that gauntlet?” She questioned. She searched his eyes. “I’ve....I’ve seen you in the tower, you...” She grit her teeth slightly, she didn’t even want to utter the word mage. No, what if someone over heard. She stopped speaking then and crossed her arms over her chest. “Take it off.” She spoke, her voice a bit commanding. She wasn’t questioning if he wanted to take if off. No. She’d ordered it. Her ocean eyes locked on his then. “If I can trust you, then take it off.” She nodded to him.

Duke smiled and fallowed her. He wasn't sure if she was a mage like him or not, but she seemed trust worthy. He fallowed her into the bedroom and sat silently in a chair until she looked at him. He was shocked she would demand him to remove his gauntlet. "Miss, you recognize me in the correct way, I am much like you. But I don't know what will happen if I remove this from my wrists" he said but could see she was not going to budge. He grit his teeth and reached for the only protection he had against the city. He unlatched the gauntlet revealing a broken bracelet that fell from his wrists. He picked up the shattered parts and presented them to her. "now you do the same. If I am to trust you, remove yours" he said as he insured the door was locked and no one could see them through the window. He opened it and poked his head out. The darkness of night was quickly approaching. most had retired to their rooms, or where out of sight. Duke poked his head back in and looked at this little jewel that had held him prisoner his entire life. He was free... Finally. Once he was sure she had a good look he threw his out the window, knowing it would land somewhere in the lost forest. However he did put the gauntlet back on. "i always wanted to do that" he chuckled taking his coat off. It revealed his markings to her, they softly glowed under the white shirt. "guess Im wearing the cout" he muttered putting it back on. Last thing he needed was someone walking into the room to see him glowing. They both would be in deep.

Jules stood with her arms crossed over her chest. She shook her head slightly when he at first declined, her eyes were trained on him. Her lips parted to speak but that was when he moved his hand over the gauntlet. She watched as the gauntlet slipped away to reveal broken pieces of the bracelet. Her brows furrowed as he held the pieces up to her, as if showing off. This wasn’t happening. Jules took a step back when he told her to remove her own gauntlet. She shook her head slightly. “You’re no mage.” She breathed. “This is a trick.” Her eyes watched him as he tossed the pieces into the night. In the next few moments he’d removed his jacket to reveal a glow from beneath his white shirt. He was a mage in fact. Jules looked to her gauntlet a long moment. “Was it you whom I was supposed to find?” She questioned out loud, though she didn’t really expect an answer.

She reached her hand to the gauntlet and hesitated a moment before she clicked the yellow glowing ring around her wrist. She turned it and the device whirred a moment before the glove of the gauntlet receded and then it released. Though, her bracelet was not shattered. She looked to the man before her a long moment. “How...?” She questioned and shook her head. “So many years Agatha has been trying to break the gauntlet....when they break it usually causes an explosion. The mage is destroyed, or at least the arm of the mage if not more. How the hell did you do that?” She questioned as she clipped her gauntlet back on. Her voice was full of frustration. “If you did that why the hell didn’t you tell anyone else?!” She had tears in her eyes from the mentioning of Agatha’s name. It was hard enough to lose one of her dearest friends but to have someone remove the gauntlet like it was child’s play. No, that wasn’t something she wanted to see at all.

“Am I supposed to find you in Aeradenn? Huh? Did you know Agatha?” She questioned then, her brows tucked tightly together, her breathing quickened. She went to speak again but the overhead speakers sounded a chime.

“Attention passengers.” The captain’s voice came over the speaker system. “By order of the Voxstein guard you are to report to your assigned room. A routine search will be conducted. We thank you in advance for your cooperation.” The speakers clicked off.

Jules grit her teeth. They knew. Didn’t they? She paced slightly and shook her head. “This has to be a nightmare...” She looked to the man, her eyes looked to his gauntlet again. “No explosion? No...shock? No poison? It just fell off?” She muttered and threw her hands up slightly for a moment before she continued pacing. She had to hide. She had to find a way to escape the guard. At this altitude? No. There was no where to hide. No where to go...

Duke shrugged "I don't know. When I put my gauntlet on I heard a ping and I guess it just broke there" he watched her pace back and forth "no I've never met her. I was a boxing champion back there and my adopted family did everything they could to get me out of there. I wish-" he was cut off by the anouncments. he panicked "put your gauntlet back on" he begged her. He didn't want to be caught. He had to find a way to stop the glowing his markings where doing. But it seemed the more he panicked the more they where glowing. He tried to force himself to calm down and take a breath, but it only worked a little. Duke had to calm down or he would get them both killed. Duke could think of only one way to get his nerve down. He reached in the Minny bar and poured himself some Strong shots. The more he got the more he calmed, the less his markings where glowing. When they stopped glowing completely he was a little on the drunk side of things. that's when the guards came in "h-hey officer" his voice slured as he staggered to the bed " good evening sir. We are going to have to ask you to stay back as we start our check" the guard said. "my beautiful wife. So amazing to an idiot like me." he said nearly able to make it to the bed with out falling. "I should of been a guard. But the damn school juust-idontknow-kicked me out all because of a prank! Now I'm a business woman! And I don't need no man " he fell on the ground as he tried to sit on the bed. The guards just rolled their eyes in annoyance and looked at Lilly "if you would like to go tend to your husband we can get the search done" one said clearly fed up with dealing with drunks. "tending guardans and drunks my love" he giggled like a school child "I'm gonna be sick" he gagged hunching over and dry heaving. The guards had enough and with an annoyed sigh "sir if your going to be sick please put your head out the window." duck then proceeded to fall on the floor face down and he just flopped there like a fish "look love! Vomit angels! " he thrashed around. The guard rolled his eyes again and looked around. The guards not wanting to get dirty stayed far away from the drunk man and his wife. He searched through lougage, cabinets, and under anywhere a mage could hide. Having found nothing he walked a little closer to Lilly and duke "ma'am I just need to check passports and I'll leave you alone. " duke reached in his coat pocket and pulled out his passport. "babe! We forgot to update your last name! Oh no! I'm so sorry officer" he slurred the guard shrugged "if it's still in date it will be fine. Just be sure to update it before you fly again" he said taking dukes, checking it, and handing it back to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back