• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜”๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ๐˜ด | ๐˜”๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ข & ๐˜Ž๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ

Marcella

falls for fictional characters
MAEVE ACKLES
My back is not a Voicemail, so better say it on my Face.

636caa4349c9e5c52505dd74a19adfc5.jpg
Name: Maeve Ackles
Nicknames: May or Eve
Family: Imogen Ackles (Mom), Archer Ackles (Father), James & Noah (Twin older Brothers), Maisie (Little sister)
Date Of Birth: June 7th
Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Place Of Origin: Fayetteville, Arkansas
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Nationality: Dutch, American
Theme Song (Optional): Confident by Demi Lovato

LOOKS
Height: 5'5
Weight: 119 lbs.
Hair Color/Type: Black, soft, long, and a little wavy
Distinguishing Marks/Tattoos: No marks but has a moon tattoo on left side of wrist on left hand
Body Type: Slim, Curvy, and a little bit of an athletic build
Eye Color: Blue-Grey

OTHER
Hobbies: Camping, Painting, Cooking, Baking, Fixing Cars, and writing
Habits: Chews on pen when concentrating, avoids eye contact when lying.
Likes: Dogs, Music, Baking, Cooking, Dancing, Singing, Rain, Sweets, art, and stargazing
Dislikes: Fish, Cats, Bars, Swimming, Fake people, being told what to do, and Clowns
Fears: Falling In Love, and losing loved ones.
Strengths: Physical strength, upper body stronger, running, intelligence, and Climbing
Weaknesses: Swimming, sometimes drinks to much, and pushes people away.
Skills: Expert Pool Player, knowns how to use a gun, Survival Expert, torture, sewing, and has many combat skill

History
Maeve grew up moving around a lot because of her fathers job, he is a cop and a pretty good one so he get moved around a lot. When her two brothers turned nineteen that is when they started to want to do what their father did, by the time they were in their twenties they were good cops just like their dad. Her mother was a model for her sisters clothing company so Maeve was left with a babysitter most of her life that was until her little sister came into the world. Her mom took a break to take care of her little sister, once Maeve was old enough to be on her own and take car of her little sister that was when she was left alone with her sister practically raising her. Her father and brothers were always called out at the last minute so that lead to long nights, going into her last year of high school things got a little better because her sister was at school the same time Maeve was. All she had to do was pick up her sister after school then head home, once she turned eighteen her father put her into gun classes as well as some combat classes. He said it was because he wanted her to know how to defend herself if she ever found herself in trouble. She leaned how to put up a real good fight but she also learned that she should not let people push her around, from that day on she was going to fight to the very end no matter what came knocking.

Now Maeve knew that was partly true but she knew the other reason was because he wanted her to follow in his and her brothers foots steps but that was not what she wanted to do. He even tried her to get into modeling just like her mom but that was just not for her, she got really into sewing at a young age because she had nothing better to do. Her little hobby turned into her passion, after high school she moved out and slowly made a living off of her sewing. Her mom had to quit modeling because someone needed to take care of her little sister, that is what tore her relationship with her mom apart but she always talked to her father and brothers. It was really rough for Maeve at the beginning of it all but as time passed, she was very successful and made an amazing amount of money. She did it all with the love and support of her friends and family, by the age of twenty she was a very popular gown and suit maker so she started traveling to different places at the request of many people. Now at the age of twenty three she is happy and has enough money to carry herself, her dad and brothers are still very supportive of her work but she has not talked to her mom or little sister since she was eighteen. Maeve does hope to rekindle that relationship but for now she really needed to focus on her work.

Grish Grish

Carlo Luque Manriquez
"Yes, I'm angry. I'm always fucking angry. Angry gets things done."

e84c2f1daa1b43f71b9cf7d92cade640.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Carlo Luque Manriquez
Nicknames: Carlito
Place Of Origin: Columbia
Ethnicity: Hispanic
Nationality: American

Height: 6โ€™2
Weight: 195lbs
Hair Color/Type: Black, medium fade cut
Distinguishing Marks/Tattoos: tribal-esque tattoo sleeve covering his left arm, shoulder, and breast.
Body Type: Athletic
Eye Color: Brown

History

Carloโ€™s family knew nothing other than low-life crime. It only began to gather itself and engage in organized crime once his grandmother became the mafia leader when he turned 14. She brought them wealth and stability, establishing a foundation of drug and weaponry trade under the front of luxury vehicles dealerships.

He turned orphan at 6 after a misfortune incident: His parents caught in the crossfire of a double-cross. Luckily, he was too young to carry that pain, and he had the company of his many family relatives to keep him happy. His grandmother, taking him under her wing, raised him to succeed her once she imminently passes. He was harshly taught and strictly brought up under a bitter iron fist.

As a teen and young adult, Carlo was an angry festered ball of violence. With each chance, he got Carlo would wreak havoc simply to have some outlet. His frustration was exaggerated, but this only brought him a reputation of ruthless efficiency. Carloโ€™s grandmother couldnโ€™t be prouder at her perfect heir.

He was quickly taught the structure of the familyโ€™s organization, made caporegime at 17, thrown into action. Under pressure, he absorbed the driving factors that maintain people in their places. Despite his unconventional methods, Carlo knew to reflect the pillar values to keep himself from disappointing his grandmother.

Finally, at 22, it was Carloโ€™s turn to undertake the mafia. His grandmother was not lucky enough to die peacefully of old age; instead, she collapsed into a seizure. His aggressive, bold demeanor mellowed at her death, and suddenly Carlo seemed much more collected, at the price of being much- much crueler.

Heโ€™s been running his familyโ€™s operation for 5 years now, deflecting attempts at his dethroning from his elders that despised him for his position; he was deemed unfit for his young age. But it was undeniable Carlo had a good grip, proving himself over and over to be a competent leader.

=========

"Okay- okay, just- don't kill the man. It was just banter, yeah?"

It's always Joaquin that jumps headfirst to keep Carlo level-headed. Especially today. Everyone's already on edge enough, dressed in suffocating tuxes and all flowered up. Joaquin held Carlo's shoulders and felt the huffing slow down. They had a middle-aged man tied to a chair, puffed up and bleeding, and the bare minimum Joaquin could hope for is that he walks out with the least amount of stains.

The pharmacist they had tied was the bride's uncle-in-law, who had the misfortune of threatening 'calling the authorities' at the discovery of a duffle bag with heaps of stolen pills at his nephew's apartment. His nephew knew exactly what he's signing up for, and still, his uncle pushed on. Now his cheeks are so bruised and inflated he's struggling to breathe. This wasn't even Carlo's concern, he was there because he needed to figure out some way to let out his anger today so he can stay calm at the sight of his little cousin starting his own family.

You'd think he'd be proud, or maybe even sad, but the only emotion Carlo ever seems to be feeling is rage. So yes, beating up a 35-year-old pharmacist made him feel better.

"Antonio's getting married, and he sure as hell don't want to see this piece of shit in the crowd."

"Yes I know but Antonio is marrying the love of his life, one piece of shit in the crowd ain't gon' knock him down from that."

"Fine." Carlo snatched a bottle of chilled water from the bowl of ice and poured it over his bloodied knuckles. The catering cost a fortune, but at the end of the day, he paid for it already. "Drag him out back and just- I don't fucking... Let Antonio decide what to do with him." Not a second and four men scattered to clean up the area; Joaquin and another picked up the chair and dragged the man to the venue's field while the other two wiped away the bloodstains off the parquet floor.

"You got 10 minutes to get yourselves ready, I'm gonna check on Antonio."

He made his way to the ball hall; beautifully decorated with roses and balloons, rosa gold and white everywhere. Waiters finished up on the buffet and the chapel staff frantically tweaked about the interior and the vacant chairs. The guest list was huge, and almost exclusively consisted of the Manriquez family. The guests, of course, hurdled up at the bar. All of them alcoholic scums, he loved them all.

Antonio, the man of the hour, was chugging down beer pints at the cheers of his peers. His bride Jacklyn was mucking about in her dressing room doing... whatever it is girls do before the wedding ceremony. Carlo didn't care. Last he was told they were waiting for the tailor to bring the custom-made dress- the one he paid royalties for. All of this money spent would burn scars into people's wallets, and it sure did for Carlo as well, but he couldn't have been happier even if his face never showed it. The only people he truly cared about were having the time of his life, and his little cousin Antonio would remember this day as the best day of his life.

Marcella Marcella

Last edited:
"Yes dad I know, thank you bye."

Maeve smiled a little as she ended her phone call with her dad, before her dropping of her gowns or suits he would always give her a little pep talk to make her dad a little better. He knows that she works hard on every piece that she makes, the people only tell her what they want and then she makes it how they ask for it. She put everything in the back of her rental car before quickly getting in and driving to the location she was given.

Now she was running a little late which was very rare for her but she needed to add a couple of thing to the dress, this gown took her much longer to make because the bride wanted a lot of detail. She did not mind it at all she has been making dresses for a while now, the only thing that she was scared of is if the bride and family did not like the dress. But right now was not the best time to start worrying, she needed to get going before she was even more late. She sometimes did have a person helping her but for this one she was doing it on her own. This was one of the ones she wanted to do herself and they have been getting many calls, so everyone that she hired has their own person to take care of.

You would think by now that it would be an easy job, but everyone that says that could not be more wrong but they know nothing about being a
tailor so who could blame them for saying it.

"Just relax you will be fine, if she doesn't like it then that is fine" She said to herself out loud.

Weddings was one of the many events that she has been doing over her years of being a tailor, but she has never really done a wedding this big. A lot of the weddings she does is small because they do not want to many people, having a big wedding for once was a good thing. She thought back to her conversation with her dad last night about her little sister and mom. He said that they both wanted to talk to her, he mostly talked about how sorry mom was about not supporting her. But Maeve was not going to fall into that trap again, she had her own life and was very happy with it.

Finally she got the place that she was told to meet one of the maid of honor, she quickly turned off the car and got everything out of the back. The maid of honor can rushing over as fast as she could with her heels on, she looked happy to see Maeve. "Good your here! follow me." She nods and follows behind the girl, they still had time and the dress was not going to take very long to put on as long as Maeve got to do it. Everyone would always push her out of the way to help the bride put her dress on, that takes a lot more time when it's people that have no idea on how to put it on the person. "Now Jacklyn is very nervous so please go easy on her." Maeve smiles a little "Don't worry I will be very nice as long as none of you girls get in my way." the female nods as she opens the door to a very chaotic room.

Grish Grish

Last edited:
Chaotic didn't even begin to describe the bride's dressing room: Jacklyn was balling her eyes out, her best friends were shouting at each other for the bouquet arrangement, and the groom's family relatives ran back and forth trying to bring sweets to Jacklyn so she'd calm down.

"As I said- Jacklyn is very nervous." The girl that brought Maeve in couldn't have been older than 18, with blue-dyed tips sprouting out of her updo. "Alright!! Fitter's here- Jacklyn, Jacklyn please calm down." She ran to the bride, wrapping her arms around her. Apparently Jacklyn's been so concerned about the dress she fell into a nervous breakdown, however the girls in the room with her behaved as though she broke down on the regular anyway.

"You're gonna cry mascare all over the gown- Lucciana!! Lucciana go get the palete, you gotta fix her face." An older woman commanded the girls about, possibly a mother of one of the two, or an aunt. In beautifully chaotic synergy the girls bounced in the room and managed to prepare Jacklyn for the dress fitting.

"No rush- but can you work in 10 minutes?" The mother figure inquired Maeve, "Again, no rush at all. Worst case we'll have the boys entertain."

=========

"It's all our asses on the line, especially yours."

Fernando had to come with this today, a perfect elevated moment to hammer down with dreadful news. "How clear are the faces?" Carlo asked in a calm voice- a fake calm voice.

"Crystal, there's no nice way to avoid it. Now I only managed to snag 'bout 60% of the drive, but it's more than enough to spot down the mole."

This was one of Carlo's worst nightmares; all of this leaked information is too percise and elaborate, it had to be from the inside. He had to question his own family, and that hurt somewhere special.

"'Ight. Imma bring this to our resident genius, she'll figure this out."

"I was just about to say that-"

"Where's the drive?" Carlo didn't want Fernando to go all smartass on him now. He had a nasty habit of wordiness when he panicked, and a talkative Fernando is also a very punchable Fernando, and yet somehow despite years of the same lesson over and over Fernando never learns to keep his mouth a little more shut around Carlo.

"'Ere." He was handed a silver locket, looked like an heirloom Carlo would snatch back in the day to pawn a quick buck. He shot a puzzled gaze at Fernando. "The fuck is this?"

"It's the drive"

"You're shitting me"

"Look-" Fernando understood damn well this was a bit of a silly appearance, "I knew you'd let Lucci deal with it, so I thought I could blend it with stuff she'd have, y'know? Girly shit."

"You really gotta cut the James Bond shit." Carlo snatched the locket and paced away to the bride's dressing room. Lucciana must've been there doing that 'Girly shit' Fernando was on about, whatever girls do at weddings. He only shot Lucci a brief coded text with no details, knowing she's one of the sensible ones among that group of psychos.

'Got a gift, have a look for me'

=========

"I think I'm gonna cry again."

Jacklyn was gawking at the stunning gown, finally feeling like a princess (as they all say they do at the wedding days). She tackled Maeve with a tight hug, risking little creasts in the details. "You're an absolute angel!!"

"Ay... Cariรฑa, I think I liked you single better. You cried a little less." The blue-tip hair girl snarked, and her peers giggled at the comment. She had a point.

"Tough shit- I'm gonna be a wifey!~"

The ambiance of the fitting room was intoxicatingly sweet. A group of girls, bonded by family, having their quality time while the woman of the day is getting the best dress ever. They included the seamstress a little as well, learning of her works for small weddings and her travels. Maeve seemed to fit in just fine, other than at times Jacklyn threw a diva fit at the poke of a pin.

The door was shoved open, and a man as tall as the door itself took the liberty to step in. Naturally- nay, instinvticely, all of the woman shouted at him. At least it wasn't the groom.

"No!! No no- I don't care, wait outside!" The older woman stood in attempts of pushing Carlo out, only to find herself moving him about as far as the fabric of his suit pressed against him. "I'm going- I'm going. Watch the vest." Carlo pushed Leonor off him and stepped ffurther in. Of course he knew every face in the room, except Maeve's.

"Ya'know now you've sealed your fate for life Carlito." One of the bridemades commented. "It's bad luck seeing the bride before the ceremony, now you ain't never gon' get married."

"Mhm." His voice was raspier than usual, the cigarette chain-smoking didn't do any favors for his once-smooth and pleasant voice. Now he sounds like an angry husk. "Luccia." He called to the blue-tipped girl, tossing her the locket to catch, and left the room.

"Mm. That weirdo's doomed." Jacklyn commented. None of the others seemed to agree or disagree, for they were a little more aware of his official position, but they all secretly agreed. "I don't even think he ever had a girlfriend."

"Carlo? A girlfriend?" Lucciana chuckled, strutting over to the accessories table and dumped the locket carelessly among the necklaces. "A rabid chihuahua would be a stabler partner."

The music came streaming from the hall, the ceramony was just beginning, the maids of honor scrambled out of the fitting room with their accessories, and Jacklyn soon behind them.

Maeve was very shocked at what was going on, sure she did get that it was Jacklyn's wedding day and all but wow the room was a mess. She expected more from the bridesmaids, they were supposed to be calming the bride down not fighting over the flowers. Then there was the grooms family, they should be out with other family the moms are ok to be there but having other family in the room was not very helpful to this situation.

"I
can see that now." She looked over at the girl that brought her here, she did look a little young but this was a wedding so there were girls and boys of many ages. She closed the door behind her, she could tell the girls saw the crying a a regular things which to her was very interesting. Every bride that Maeve has had are very different, some are very calm then there are others like Jacklyn that worry about everything including the dress.

The young lady looked over at the older woman, she was happy she was getting everything back in order. Every bride needs a woman like this in with the bride, they always make sure everyone is ready and does everything to help the bride.

"I can get her ready in five if you would like that better." Maeve was a fast worker since she was only doing the dress and a couple of touch ups.

The dress that she made was a Off Shoulder Sweetheart Lace Long Ball Gown Wedding, now it was one of the longest dresses that she has made because most people ask for light flowy dresses. Maeve giggled a little and hugged Jacklyn back "I'm glad you're happy with this dress, you look absolutely beautiful." She was just happy the dress came to be the right fitting for the girl, sometimes measurements get messed up.

The atmosphere of the fitting room was very different, for once it was really loving and Maeve really loved it. She has not felt this kind of atmosphere in a very long time, her bond with her family was not this strong. Sure she did talk to her brothers and dad but she has not seen them is years so their bond was nothing like this, it made her sad that her family was nothing like this but she was happy for this family so it was a good day for her.

Maeve looked over at the door and was shocked to see the very tall man, it baffled her how tall the man was but man was he one good looking man. She smiled a little as everyone started yelling at him, but she could tell that he really did not care.

She looked over at one of the bridesmaids as she talked, she had no idea why people always say it's bad luck to see the bride before the wedding. Now, Maeve was never one to believe that kind of stuff so she just saw it as nonsense but she never made comments on it because she saw no point.

Maeve wanted to know more about the mysterious guy but she was not apart of this family nor did she know this family, so she was just going to keep to herself keeping his label as they mysterious man. When she head the girl with the blue tips say Carlo she figured that was probably his name, though she was not sure but she was never going to see any of them again so it was not worth it.

The music was now streaming from the hall, she made sure everything was all ready with Jacklyn's then watched as she walked out after everyone else. Maeve let out a sigh of relief when everyone was gone, she was hoping for the best for Jacklyn and her wedding.

Last edited:
The girls would've invited Maeve to stay for the ceremony, but that of course was up to her to decide. A wedding with people she doesn't know doesn't sound like a favorable choice. It was lovely, the ceremony, over 7 speeches, and a big cheer at the sealing kiss.

As Maeve was packing her things Carlo rendezvoused with Lucci while the dancing floor opened, dragging her to a corner for a much-anticipated chat.
"Ight, locket safe?"

"It's not on me but I know where it is."

"What--" He was baffled, wanting to scream but at the same time dying for some patience to keep his voice quiet, "What the fuck do you mean it's not on you- why would you take it off??"

"It's ugly as shit and didn't match my outfit." Lucciana on the other hand shrugged it off. She didn't quite yet understand the importance of that little accessory piece, and dismissed Carlo's overreaction as his normal drama queen self, "Why? It's just a necklace--"

"It was a fucking drive. The drive Fernando was getting about our insider situation." He had to bend over to speak to her on eye level, grabbing her shoulders in desperation. Carlo had a tendency to be very touchy, and quickly turn aggressive with his physical contact. The family got used to it, and so none of them bother to stop him. At his words Lucciana finally tensed up, mirroring his emotions regarding the turn of events.

"Why the shit didn't you say that in your text??"

"I can't fucking text you like 'Imma give you a drive with a bunch of dirt that can put us all in fucking prison' now can I?!? You're the smart one- why else would I purposely go to Jacklyn's fitter room--"

"Fine!! Fine, I'll go get it!" The two bickered like siblings, and they were pretty much siblings. The two grew up very close to each other, and though not related directly they shared absolutely everything in their childhood. Lucciana was the mafia's 'princess', the pretty face to take up their grandmother's role in plotting. She's Carlo's best advisor, but at the same time, is a teenager.

Lucciana ran to the dressing room to find a cleared out counter, and the locket missing. She frantically grabbed her phone and texted Carlo.

'It's fucking gone'

'The tailor lady'
'She must've packed it with her things'

'You gotta find her quick'

He ran to the venue lobby, spotting Maeve right at the moment she pushed the door with her bags.
"Hey! Lady--" The same tall man from before was now pacing directly to her, but seemed to freeze a little at her face looking up at him. Any other day he would've grabbed her then and there, but that moment of hesitation spared so much violence. Maybe it's her eyes, whatever it was it demanded a damn good excuse.

Personally Maeve has only been to one wedding and that was her bestfriends, she was the one who made the dress but the has been the only actual wedding she has been apart of. Now she was just the person that made the dresses and left, she did not want to do this job forever but she needed to do it long enough to save up money.

Maeve neatly put her things way not wanting to damage anything that she had, everything for making dresses and suits were expensive so she had to be carful. She put the locket in one of the pockets in the bag, once she knew she had everything packed up she started her walk to her car. She was stopped in the venue of the lobby when her phone started going off.

She picked up her phone to see her brother was now calling her, she shook her head a little as she picked the phone up and put it up to her ear. She liked talking to her brother but right now was not such a good time.

"Let me guess Dad told you to call me to make sure everything was fine?" She asked her brother James as she ran her fingers through her hair.

"You know how dad is he just wants to check up on his little princess how did it go? I'm curious" He said with a chuckle.

"Shut up James, everything went well the bride was a mess before I even go there because she was worried about the dress. But one she put it on she was happy, I mean she did still cry but she was very happy. The girls of this family sure have a very happy and loving atmosphere, I wish our family was like that."

"Maeve I know, if you decide to come home after years of working maybe you could rekindle your relationship with mom. She may not have supported you then but I'm pretty sure she does now, she is your mom and she is a very important part of your life Eve. I mean even our little sister misses you, she remembers the times you took care of her while everyone else was gone. I wish I could talk more Eve but I need to get back to work, text me when you get back to your hotel. Love you."

"Love you too James."
They both ended the call at the same time, Maeve knew her older brother was right but she did not want to admit it just yet. She was going to go home whenever she was ready, but now was just not the best time.

Maeve put her phone into her back pocket and was pushing the doors open when she head someone calling for her, she paused and turned around to see the same tall man as before. He looked pretty scary as he started pacing directly towards her, he became a tower as he go closer to her and now she was looking him directly into his brown eyes.
"Can I help you?" she asked not losing eyes contact with the man.

Last edited:
Fuck.

The dumbfound state he caught himself in only made Carlo more frustrated, but he couldn't scare off the girl. In the split moment, he thought back to the first time he saw her-- Jacklyn- Jacklyn's dress-

"How much you charge an hour, 600?" Genius. "I need a fitting." In reality, the tux he wore fit his physique awkwardly; Carlo's shoulders were moments from ripping the fabric, while the vest and blazer limply dropped around his waist with no form. The wedding by then already turned into a fiesta, and so piece by piece he solidified his front.

Carlo's tone was almost demanding in nature. He straightened himself to adjust his cuffs-- shit. Little splotches of red trickled at the white of his shirt, and his knuckles were still tainted a dark red. He did his best to scrape off the dried bits.
"I'll pay you 100 on top for the short notice." For some reason, his kind offer didn't quite feel like an offer. But he tried working this out peacefully, with even him awkwardly attempting a smile. "200 even. Whatever."

The man in front of her was very scary, he was a lot taller then she was so she had to look up at him. She did not mind it because she knew a lot of tall people, but she has never know someone who is scary and a giant at the same time.

"No it's usually 50 an hour, but a man with your height and build it will be 100 an hour." Normally she would never ask this much but working on a suit for a man his height as well as build will take a lot more fabric and time. Right now looking at the suit he is wearing she could tell it did not fit him very well, it looked like it could rip at any moment.

Maeve noticed his tone was almost demanding and she really did not like that but she was going to be nice. "I would normally say no to a last minute requests but I'm going to be in town for a while so I guess I will help you out. You do not need to pay me extra for the short notice, I do appreciate the offer though. Look I'm really tired, I spent a good portion on my night finishing Jacklyn's dress and I would really like to get some sleep." She pulled out a card from her back pocked and handed it to the man "It has my number on it, if you call me later tonight around five then we can talk about a time you could come see me or if you would rather I will come and see you."

"I must go now, don't forget to call me if you do then I will not do any business with you. bye." She give him a smile before finally walking out the doors, she unlocked her car and put her bag in the bag. She had no idea why the strange man wanted her to help him out, there were many better tailors around that would help him with his suit problem.

50 an hour? That's absurd, he thought. That's the amount he used to make as a mechanic, but it does save a chunk of cash on his end.

His mouth opened to shout, but his mind stopped him from the slippery-slope that could have him lose her trail entirely. Carlo had the instinct to grab her wrist as she stepped away, instead, his hand managed to shift away and grab the card instead. 'Call around five.' Shit. He sucked with keeping track of time.

Maeve confused him. Sure, his demeanor does tend to inflict a certain 'fight or flight' reaction, but somehow she did both. He watched her leave, which might've been something he should've known not to do, as oftentimes completely out of his control he can appear to be scowling.

===========

Sure she did asked for 50 an hour for most people that was easy to pay but for others it was difficult to pay what she was asking for, the only reason why she asked for that much is for materials. She spent most of the money on the materials for what she was making, so in a reality she did not get to keep that much of what they pay her.

Once she got into her car she let out a sigh or relief, she was just glad that she could get away without anyone trying to talk to her. Maeve felt stupid for saying yes to the man but he was so scary looking so she just could not say no, she should have just walked away and she knew it.

Maeve went back to her hotel, once she set all of her things down she sat on her bed and laid back. She had to go meet her friend in two hours so they could talk about her time with the family she just gave the dress to, her friend just liked the drama that came with weddings.

=============

5 PM. 4 minutes past 5 PM, if were honest.

Carlo held up the card to his phone and digit by digit typed in the number, his thumb rubbing over the carton paper of the business card around her name. Maeve Ackles.

The party was far from over; the family abandoned the posh venue and returned home to continue the fiesta in one of the numbered family-owned villas. The family has a particular liking to one mansion with the perfect view over the city and has declared it their base of operations. Therefore, it only made sense for Carlo to live there. But Carlo has always been a family man, and so within a large home reside over a dozen Manriquez..es, each with their own beautifully decorated bedroom, except Carlos. He picked the one he deemed most fit for himself; the basement. Carlo shares his living space with the labs being only two doors away, and certain affairs dealt in another room right next to his. Almost in a self-punishing manner, he placed himself at the heart of his family's organization, and thus what brought them most shame.

In contrast to the expensive suits and luxurious cars, all of the fine designer decorations expected of a man that can afford them, Carlo's bedroom was a reeking mess: Concrete walls with only a thin row of sunlight desperately sneaking in, a hanging lightbulb, tracksuit clothes on the floor and garbage everywhere, some weights here and there, and a leathery punching back with stains of all sorts.

The dial rang, he laid on his mattress serving as a bed and glared at the ceiling like he hated its mother. Carlo could tell that if he couldn't pressure her too much, so this needed to be done gently. Unfortunately, gently isn't his forte.

Marcella Marcella

Users who are viewing this thread

Back