• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ; 𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗦𝗘 𝗪𝗛𝗢 𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗗 𝗢𝗡

pomme

bonk

THOSE WHO
CARRIED ON

PLOT
The world is an empty husk, a brittle leaf drained of color after a long fall. The survivors fuel themselves on pure grit and thick skin, each far and few between. Survival, in these days, comes in chapters, each one a stilted reflection of nostalgia and bad blood. Yet somehow, after all these years, seeing the crumbling remnants of decrepit skyscrapers still elicits a pang of something intangible in your gut. The empty tents and crumpled fliers snapping in the wind only taste bitter in your mouth, but still you can’t help but feel something uncannily adjacent to hope whenever you hear the sounds of life around you.

Buildings still rage with crimson flame and bodies still line the streets, the number of survivors dwindling faster than the exhausted supplies. But, even so, congratulations. Whether it be by luck or a spare bunker, you’ve survived the Funeral, successfully abandoned any shadows of your past life, and forgotten what it feels like to be full. In these days, happening upon another survivor is never a coincidence. Company is a commodity, yet one swirling with blight and reeking of treachery.

But this story isn’t about the past. It’s about you, and the day your life would change — this time not by tragedy, but by blessing. Well, maybe that’s for you to decide. One thing that’s sure is that the odds of stumbling across six others that seem oddly normal is nothing farther from happenstance.

So, spit your blood and bare your teeth: you’ve got company.

SYNOPSIS
This plot follows a group of 7 survivors of a doomsday called the Funeral. On an unsure day some 20 years ago, massive swaths of the population began committing atrocities, brutal crimes and suicides sweeping the streets of cities and towns everywhere without reason. Most of human life was culled in one fell swoop, deciphering the illness left up to the scared and shaken survivors. Even now little is known about it, except how one catches it: it seems that anyone who stays alone long enough falls ill, but it also spreads by proximity with another ill.

This is planned as an advanced lit story, though I'm not too picky with skill level. I plan to keep things going with lore and plot drops pretty frequently, but I can 100% adapt to any ideas you all have or of course consequences from your character's choices. Follow onto the rules for more details!

RULES
REQUISITE:
Follow all RPN rules.
Civility is expected and required. As the gm, I reserve the right to take appropriate action if you’re starting fights or anything like that. Along that line, please take any concerns to me and not your fellow players.
Characters will be accepted on the basis of their application. In other words, this is not first come first serve.
Discord is required, as there will be a server for members to chat!
As for posting, literacy is expected, with proper grammar and effort! Effort is a cute color on everyone. If you won’t be posting for more than a week or so, I’d love a heads up so we can work something out to keep the story moving!
I have no set date for creating cs/ooc threads, but it will come shortly after I get the needed interest here — so please, don’t be shy!
This roleplay contains several sensitive topics. There shouldn’t need to be any graphic descriptions, but if so, I expect them to be appropriately trigger marked/spoilered. But regardless — if you’re feeling uncomfortable with something, please let me know so I can adjust things for you!
Finally, you may submit up to 2 applications, but only one will be accepted per person. None of the roles are genderlocked, though it would be amazing if the ratio could be somewhat equal. (Also — I'm 100% for NB and LBTQ+ characters. Diversity makes everything better! However, if you'd like to have a character with a major disability, please message me first so I can review it and see if it would be plausible in the setting.)
This isn't a rule, but I will say that this plot was majorly inspired by The Program series and GHOST's "Those Who Carried On", hence the name.

CHARACTERS

THE APPARITION
The apparition is nothing more than a ghost to any who may have come across her. Of course, in these days, nobody is particularly present, but there’s something special about her. Maybe it’s the way her hand always seems to be hovering above a weapon, or the way she seems to never make eye contact. Either way, she’ll be gone before anyone can find out.

THE FIREFLY
Caution now is just as necessary as a strong will, but the Firefly was never one for such trivial things. He was playful from the start, finding solace in meaningless encounters with others like him. Some might say it’s a miracle he’s survived this long, but the only thing stronger than his passion are the ghosts of his past.

THE HERMIT
For the hermit, chance is poisonous. For years, she’s watched from 100 yards away, hidden behind a thick pane of glass and untouchable. But as survivors have run thinner and thinner, her ivory tower turned hellish and she was forced to leave, searching for others with nothing but a steady sense of intuition and hearty serving of grit.

THE TORN
Although the torn may not have fallen to the illness, what he’s done to avoid it is comparable. His secrets stick to him like the bloodstains on his clothes, and it seems inevitable that his footsteps are followed by bloodshed. What he lacks in sanctity he covers threefold in weaponry, but an arsenal may not be enough to save him.

THE RAVEN
She’s a dangerous mix of wine and charm, and it seems like she won’t stop for anything. Get too close to her, and she’ll bite — but not for the reason one would think. This girl is no dumb blonde, but she’s not exactly a femme fatale either. She may be the only one with clean hands, and it seems she’s not quite ready to dirty them.

THE GOLDEN
He’s in the middle of his golden years, if that can be said for anyone during the Funeral. Anyone that met him would think he’s never been touched by tragedy, but, as with anyone who seems anything more than ‘fine’, the Golden Boy is only as golden as his vices.

THE JUDGE
The Judge is no stranger to groups, and she most certainly knows her place in one. She never fails to snap to the position of authority, almost painfully so. Regardless, that doesn't mean her ideas are the best, and her idea of justice is crueler than most.

INTERESTED? LEAVE A MESSAGE BELOW!

THOSE WHO
CARRIED ON

PLOT
The world is an empty husk, a brittle leaf drained of color after a long fall. The survivors fuel themselves on pure grit and thick skin, each far and few between. Survival, in these days, comes in chapters, each one a stilted reflection of nostalgia and bad blood. Yet somehow, after all these years, seeing the crumbling remnants of decrepit skyscrapers still elicits a pang of something intangible in your gut. The empty tents and crumpled fliers snapping in the wind only taste bitter in your mouth, but still you can’t help but feel something uncannily adjacent to hope whenever you hear the sounds of life around you.

Buildings still rage with crimson flame and bodies still line the streets, the number of survivors dwindling faster than the exhausted supplies. But, even so, congratulations. Whether it be by luck or a spare bunker, you’ve survived the Funeral, successfully abandoned any shadows of your past life, and forgotten what it feels like to be full. In these days, happening upon another survivor is never a coincidence. Company is a commodity, yet one swirling with blight and reeking of treachery.

But this story isn’t about the past. It’s about you, and the day your life would change — this time not by tragedy, but by blessing. Well, maybe that’s for you to decide. One thing that’s sure is that the odds of stumbling across six others that seem oddly normal is nothing farther from happenstance.

So, spit your blood and bare your teeth: you’ve got company.

SYNOPSIS
This plot follows a group of 7 survivors of a doomsday called the Funeral. On an unsure day some 20 years ago, massive swaths of the population began committing atrocities, brutal crimes and suicides sweeping the streets of cities and towns everywhere without reason. Most of human life was culled in one fell swoop, deciphering the illness left up to the scared and shaken survivors. Even now little is known about it, except how one catches it: it seems that anyone who stays alone long enough falls ill, but it also spreads by proximity with another ill.

This is planned as an advanced lit story, though I'm not too picky with skill level. I plan to keep things going with lore and plot drops pretty frequently, but I can 100% adapt to any ideas you all have or of course consequences from your character's choices. Follow onto the rules for more details!

RULES
REQUISITE:
Follow all RPN rules.
Civility is expected and required. As the gm, I reserve the right to take appropriate action if you’re starting fights or anything like that. Along that line, please take any concerns to me and not your fellow players.
Characters will be accepted on the basis of their application. In other words, this is not first come first serve.
Discord is required, as there will be a server for members to chat!
As for posting, literacy is expected, with proper grammar and effort! Effort is a cute color on everyone. If you won’t be posting for more than a week or so, I’d love a heads up so we can work something out to keep the story moving!
I have no set date for creating cs/ooc threads, but it will come shortly after I get the needed interest here — so please, don’t be shy!
This roleplay contains several sensitive topics. There shouldn’t need to be any graphic descriptions, but if so, I expect them to be appropriately trigger marked/spoilered. But regardless — if you’re feeling uncomfortable with something, please let me know so I can adjust things for you!
Finally, you may submit up to 2 applications, but only one will be accepted per person. None of the roles are genderlocked, though it would be amazing if the ratio could be somewhat equal. (Also — I'm 100% for NB and LBTQ+ characters. Diversity makes everything better! However, if you'd like to have a character with a major disability, please message me first so I can review it and see if it would be plausible in the setting.)
This isn't a rule, but I will say that this plot was majorly inspired by The Program series and GHOST's "Those Who Carried On", hence the name.

CHARACTERS

THE APPARITION
The apparition is nothing more than a ghost to any who may have come across her. Of course, in these days, nobody is particularly present, but there’s something special about her. Maybe it’s the way her hand always seems to be hovering above a weapon, or the way she seems to never make eye contact. Either way, she’ll be gone before anyone can find out.

THE FIREFLY
Caution now is just as necessary as a strong will, but the Firefly was never one for such trivial things. He was playful from the start, finding solace in meaningless encounters with others like him. Some might say it’s a miracle he’s survived this long, but the only thing stronger than his passion are the ghosts of his past.

THE HERMIT
For the hermit, chance is poisonous. For years, she’s watched from 100 yards away, hidden behind a thick pane of glass and untouchable. But as survivors have run thinner and thinner, her ivory tower turned hellish and she was forced to leave, searching for others with nothing but a steady sense of intuition and hearty serving of grit.

THE TORN
Although the torn may not have fallen to the illness, what he’s done to avoid it is comparable. His secrets stick to him like the bloodstains on his clothes, and it seems inevitable that his footsteps are followed by bloodshed. What he lacks in sanctity he covers threefold in weaponry, but an arsenal may not be enough to save him.

THE RAVEN
She’s a dangerous mix of wine and charm, and it seems like she won’t stop for anything. Get too close to her, and she’ll bite — but not for the reason one would think. This girl is no dumb blonde, but she’s not exactly a femme fatale either. She may be the only one with clean hands, and it seems she’s not quite ready to dirty them.

THE GOLDEN
He’s in the middle of his golden years, if that can be said for anyone during the Funeral. Anyone that met him would think he’s never been touched by tragedy, but, as with anyone who seems anything more than ‘fine’, the Golden Boy is only as golden as his vices.

THE JUDGE
The Judge is no stranger to groups, and she most certainly knows her place in one. She never fails to snap to the position of authority, almost painfully so. Regardless, that doesn't mean her ideas are the best, and her idea of justice is crueler than most.

INTERESTED? LEAVE A MESSAGE BELOW!

♡,♡ yes!! color me intriguedddd

I would love to apply for the torn and the golden c:

Love this. Would definitely be down to apply for The Firefly.

HOLY HI!!! HELLO!! missed u dude!!
also this idea is fantastic, count me in :-D

hey everyone!! thank you so much for the interest!! i've gone ahead and made a few extra threads for this, so feel free to get chatting/post placeholders! i did make a lore thread, and as of now it's very cursory — but don't worry, i have a lot more planned and it's just up to your characters to discover it. i have the applications set as due for the 15th, but if you need an extension, just shoot me a message and i'll be happy to oblige. anyways, can't wait to see what you all whip up and looking forwards to chatting with ya!

cast | lore | chat

minutiae minutiae spottednewt spottednewt dreamthieves dreamthieves horses horses low fidelity low fidelity timshel timshel BeyondDandy BeyondDandy

also, there are definitely room for more applications! the more the merrier.

This looks great, I'm intrigued!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back