• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Those That are Hunted

Ch3rryBlossom28

Ice Queen
It is the year 2075. Countries aren’t at war with each anymore. The reason being that they found a common enemy, the gifted population. The gifted are people with special abilities. These abilities are what we would call super powers. Though now that they are in an abundance, people fear them rather than praise them as heroes. The government (which when said means all types of government around the world) send their top agents to go and capture those with these powers. Some of these agents are also gifted but because they chose to work for the government and help collect those of their kind, they are safe. What side will you chose? To be the hunter or the hunted? To be controlled or to be free?

Amelie had been walking on this dusty path for about an hour now. The stupid helicopter pilot dropped her off too far away form the town. The ice wolf that was walking beside her used his mouth to pull on her shirt. "What is it?" She glared at it. The wolf motioned his head up. Squinting her eyes Amelie could see building in the distance. "About time." She picked up her pace and the wolf beside her started to get cracks along its body and then shattered. She didn't want to attract more attention than she already will so it had to disappear. Finally reaching civilization Amelie decided to look over her assignment again. Lifting up her left hand she tapped the small screen on her watch. A hologram came up and she read the message.

'Agent Glass,

You have been reassigned to the central United States. Your flight from Germany to Texas will leave at 08:00. You will have exactly two days to recuperate before heading to a small town in central Texas. There have been rumors of gifted hiding there. We are also sending someone else there. You two can either work together or separately. Her name and number are below.'

Sighing Amelie tapped the screen again and the hologram disappeared. She decided now was the time to get some coffee. Two days was definitely not enough to recuperate but she can not deny a direct order. Walking into a coffee shop she ordered a coffee and and took a seat all the way in the back. Maybe this other person will come and meet her. Till then she would do some research on the small town.

-I quietly walk through the forest towards my hideout. My back aching from carrying all the stuff I had gotten from the city. My job was starting to finally pay off. I got a pillow finally and a little bit of hot food along with a new bow and a few arrows.-I finally get to my 'den' and drop all of my stuff on the ground. I'm starving so I decide to eat the meal I bought which has now gone somewhat cold. After I finish eating I put my pillow above my sleeping bag and put my arrows in my quiver and lean my beautiful new blue bow against the cave wall. I turn into a wolf and lay down on my makeshift bed closing my eyes to go to sleep."night world"

Vulcan had just stopped at an old but working gas station, parking next to the sliding doors of the building. He got off his black motorcycle, put down his helmet on the seat and shouted "Ivane!". Seconds later an angry voice answered, declaring his soon arrival. A man in his sixties emerges from a back door of the station, changing his mood immediately when seeing the young man standing there, leaning on the wall. "Dear God! Vulcan, everyone thought you were dead! Why didn't you call?" He sets down the oil can he had been carrying around and quickly dries his hands from the black mess with an already quite dirty piece of cloth. When Ivan finally comes to greet his guest he immediately notices the cut in the leather suit around the shoulder, stained with blood. "I lost my equipment at the field... Most important thing is that the job's done. I ain't so easy to kill." "Yes. That's what's important, but I don't want to lose you neither. Come on, let's patch you up. You look like something the cat dragged in."

The two enter the building, through a locked hatch in the floor behind the pay desk and into a basement. There were two improvised beds, mainly simple mattresses on pallets, a table, a bathroom with a medicament rack and another door, leading to a room full of weaponry and all sorts of gadgets - everything from sniper rifles to night vision glasses - all of it smuggled illegally. Vulcan takes off his leather suit and sits down on one of the beds. The elderly rushes to wash his hands throughout and goes to the rack, soon returning with some spirit, cotton pads, bandages and a surgical suture. "Let's see now... it hit the deltoid muscle, nothing serious, just a scratch, I'll have to stitch it though. You'll be back in shape in no time." Little to no sound emerges from Vulcans throat while the procedure of cleaning and stitching is done. This wasn't his first, nor his last wound. "Get some sleep now, we'll talk later. You've got some explaining to do." He then throes the blood stained cotton pads into a paper bin by the bed and goes back upstairs.

Last edited by a moderator:
- her eyes shoot open as lightning crackles in the sky. It had become night. A violent shiver took over her body and she snuggles in closer to her makeshift bed. She tightly shuts her eyes hoping everything would just go away. She sits awake shivering for hours and finally the sun begins to rise and she gets up. It was still raining lightly and she knew she couldn't go to work wet so she grabbed what she could to cover herself which was a torn up umbrella an grabbed her bag heading off for another day of work-

Vulcan woke up later than usual, looking at the watch on the wall - it was eight. He stood up from the bed, stretched with a wince from the wound being strained, and went to the bathroom to take a morning bath. The warm water washed away all the dust and all the pain. It was like a cleansing in order not to regret his actions from last night. Regret was one of those emotions their kind was not supposed to posses, but he still did. He quickly changed into some ordinary clothes, jeans and a shirt and went upstairs. The morning sun stung him in the eyes that were used to the darkness of the basement. It wasn't particularly warm, nor sunny. It had rained during the night and the road was glistening wet. After adjusting his sight to the brightness he went outside and behind the station, where Ivan was just having some tea, not bothered by the wet and cold morning air.

"Mornin'"

"Good Morning. Have some tea.", Ivan said mentioning at the free chair on the other side of the coffee table. Vulcan obediently sat down and took a sip from the hot liquid that was poured in. After a short pause the elderly spoke "So tell me, how did it go?"

"As usual.", he said, not making any eye contact, he knew what was coming to him.

"No, obviously it didn't go as usual, because it's all over the news. What went wrong?", this time his voice was much more demanding.

"Pah, you are such a bore! I didn't have a clear shot for two whole nights. I was tired and angry, so I just went in. I did the job, but when I was about to leave the scene his damn bodyguard came out of nowhere and shot at me. Is that enough for you?"

"Yes, thank you.", he took another sip from his cup "You were reckless. The last time, it put you in prison for five years. Didn't you learn anything?"

"Perhaps not."

"Perhaps you will get us all killed some day."

Shortly after Vulcan stood up "I'm going into town."

"Forgetting something?", he called with obvious irony behind his back.

"No... what is it?"

Ivan throws a wad of money, Vulcan catching it mid air, putting it in his pocket with a smirk.

"Your bike is at the front."

He went back inside and into the hideout. He grabbed his suit and put it on.

"Ah, damn!", he had forgotten about the cut from the bullet. He changes back into some jeans, his motor boots and a sturdy leather jacket, then goes to the weapon room, taking a handgun and a combat knife from the rack. He would never leave without protection.

The young man goes back upstairs, to his motorcycle, starts the engine and, after putting the gun and the knife in the seat storage and his helmet on, mounted it, feeling the pleasant sound of the exhaust, slowly driving off. It was still slippery from the rain.

Soon the skyscrapers of the city rise from the wet fog, followed by the smaller buildings. The streets are full of life, people getting to work, school, beggars emerging from the shadows of the dark alleys, the usual congestion, the usual hustle and bustle. When Vulcan finally arrives at the night bar it's almost twelve. He gets into the building from the back entrance.

A long corridor follows and at the back there's a door with a sign "Authorized personnel only". Vulcan smiles to the two brutes guarding the door and with a short "I'm expected." he enters and is greeted by a dart flying by his ear, pinning to the target next to the door frame.

"I see you haven't changed a bit.", he looks at the well dressed slender guy leaning in his armchair, a beautiful girl handing him some drinks and cigars, the whole room stained with heavy smoke and stink. "Do you have something for me?"

"Ah, Vulcan. No, the old man called. Perhaps next week, no? Should I arrange for some company, you look tired?"

"I'll pass.", he then quickly leaves the room and heads back outside. Even the polluted city air was cleaner that the one in the "bosses office". "Can't believe I'm still working for this guy." He decides to go for a walk to pass the time, so he locks up his bike at a pole, conceals the gun in the pocket of his jeans and the knife in the inside of the jacket, then walks out in the open streets, greeted by the noises of the metropolis.

ERA-

Golden eyes looked out at the city before them from the safety of the tree tops. If anyone was to be curiously looking towards the forest, they wouldn't see me as I bended in with the darkness of the foliage in my leopard form. I was content in the trees, high above the world and all its human or other inhabitants. My long, slender tail was wrapped around me as I watched the city at its prime.

Can we hunt now? I smell a rabbit all the way from up here.

I was temped to follow the leopard part of my brain at the smell of the fat rabbit peaking out of its small den. Just like humans to not hunt around their city, instead wasting their money on fake foods. The small prey animals around the city weren't even afraid of her when she had been in human form earlier.

"No we can't. I have a job to do and therefore need to be in the city to search for those gifted mon-..." The shifter part of me snarled at the human who almost called another of her kind a monster.

You're one of them, no matter what they tell you. Do you see yourself as a monster?

The voice of my leopard spoke angrily at the thought of those who held our life over our head. In exchange for my life, I gave them those whom I caught's life. And the animal in me didn't like that one bit.

Huffing, I stood and jumped back to the ground branch by branch. I had done this a million times before, so I didn't pay much attention to the movements. This cause dearly. I jumped on to a branch that wasn't able to hold my large size. I fell the remaining 30 feet to the ground below, landing on my side with the branch caught between my ribs and the ground. I heard a sickening snap that was accompanied by a huge pain in my ribs telling me that the branch and atleast one of my ribs had been broken.

I inhaled sharply, crying out into the silent forest around me, "Cats are supose to land on thier feet!"

The weather was getting better and better by the hour. Vulcan was enjoying the warm sun rays that were making their way through the dense clouds. He was headed to a large park nearby where he knew he could spend the afternoon and enjoy those rare moments of peace - being away from work, no assignment for a whole week, he couldn't ask for more.

Soon the park is in sight. It is still quite wet and cold but there were already some children playing around, their parents running after them, telling them to put on their scarves, to stay out of the mud, but kids are kids and they do what they want. There were some cyclists and joggers, people walking their dogs, everyone enjoying their free time out in the open - in an oasis in the middle of an urban desert. Vulcan would often envy them for having normal lives, normal childhoods, having fun, friends, family - all the things he had never had. He was raised by the street, among beggars, murderers and thieves.

It wasn't always easy to live among so many people and all the chaos they brought with them. Luckily the gas station was far enough out of town for him to be able to shift to his feral side from time to time and hunt. He then would usually take down some big game and drag it all the way back to the station or call Ivan to pick him up.

Vulcan finally gets to his usual spot - an old oak tree a bit off the main path, a secluded place far from the noise, where he lies down in the grass and leaves, putting his hands behind his head for support. He closes his eyes and listens to the pleasant sounds of nature - birds chirping, a squirrel making its way through the branches and nipping on an acorn, insects buzzing around his ears. He would often spend long hours under that tree, almost in a state of meditation.

-the young teenager entered her store her hair slightly wet and her clothes clenching to her body. She walked to the back room and hung up her bag umbrella and coat. She got to work early to see if she could get a little extra money. Plus she wasn't able to sleep and knew she would sleep till tomorrow if she failed to stay awake.

Just as all her stuff got hung up a tall man walked into the room.

"Hello boss..."she said unenthusiastically as he circled around her small body. Her head hanging and body twitching.he laughed evilly"has my slave come to work early? That's a first!" He taunts

"Yes it is. I was hoping that I may get a little extra pay for the extra work I will be doing." She says as he circles her. She nervously awaits his answer.

" now now don't get greedy! You have been late quite a few days. What, you got no alarm clock? Well I will tell you what you work for the extra hours and I will forget all about those little late day ok?"

"But sir."

" fine! Work the extra hours and get nothing!"

" n-no please I-I didn't mean to be back talking... Can we go back to your other offer??" She says. A tear running down her face.

" only if you do a good job!" He says as he violently jerks her face up so that he is staring right at her. He sees the tear and looks at her with a soft expression."oh I'm sorry. I didnt mean to make you CRY!" He yells the last word and slaps her face leaving a pink handprint on her cheek."NOW GET TO WORK!" He screams at her and points to the next room. She grabs cleaning supplies and walks away tears covering her face. She would quit but no one else would hire her and she desperately needed the money.

It was around 5 pm when Vulcans phone woke him from his dream up rudely, ringing and vibrating in the inside pocket of his jacket. With a growl he reaches in, takes it out and picks it up, without making any sound. He knew it was Ivan, but he was taught never to say anything in case the call was being recorded.

"Hey, sleepyhead. Grab some milk on your way back, will you? We're almost out of it. Oh, and a loaf of bread.", Vulcan hangs up rapidly and with a yawn stands up from the ground, pats his clothes off of the dust and dirt and gets going, murmuring under his nose "Am I his shop assistant now?... Can't drag his old fat bum anywhere nowadays... Stupid old wiseacre."

The two were quarreling daily, but those were small fights that subsided quickly. Ivan was a former sniper, later tutor, now Vulcans and some other hirelings job and equipment provider, but he was also like the father the young man had never had.

The filling station had a small store, but it supplied only snacks, alcohol and car accessories. On the back there was a repair shop and a small garden with a square tea table overlooking a range with some lone trees and the forest in the distance. It was quite beautiful, for a hideout.

An hour later Vulcan was finally by his bike, that had been waiting for his arrival patiently. The ones using the back entrance, those like him in most cases, knew it was his so no one dared even touch it. Ivan had rigged the machine over the years, making it more aerodynamic and light, he had installed a turbo kit, so that it could go as fast as 250 mph, a GPS device and a new exhaust. It was no one of a kind, but good enough to get the fu*k out of a tense situation when needed.

He started it and jumped out onto the street, startling some drivers, causing them to hit the brakes. The roads had long since dried and that meant finally some fun time. No traffic lights existed now, no road rules. Minutes later he was at one of the many stores belonging to drug lords around town, used mainly to smuggle their drugs in without any trouble; doing a stoppie (front wheelie) on the sidewalk, causing some pedestrians to jerk up and cry in surprise. He dismounts, puts down his helmet and enters the shop.

First thing he notices is a distinct smell, extremely familiar, known only to his kind and felt only by their senses, what meant another shape shifter had to be nearby. There were so many distracting smells around, that he couldn't locate the source. There were not many people around, so he kept walking around the shelves, faking interest in the wares stored on them, waiting for old customers to get out, new ones to enter. He finally looked towards the pay desk where a tired and sad looking teenage girl was just serving a customer. Vulcan approaches the cash desk confident but warily.

"Hello. I'll take one of those packs of cigarettes, please.", he says with a friendly smile, trying to establish an eye contact with her, perhaps start a conversation.

-she had finished cleaning and got to the front to help a customer who had entered a few minutes ago an seemed to be getting impatient. She was just finishing helping them when a tall male entered. Something seemed different about him. She didn't make eye contact but made sure she listened to him to see if she could catch a my sign that e may be like her. She jumped a little when she heard his voice 'hello. I'll take one of those packs of cigarettes please.' He had said she quickly fiddled around behind the desk grabbing a few packs but clumsily dropping them all"sh*t! Sorry." She says and picks up the packs handing him one. She gives him the final price and waits for something some sign of anything! He can't just be a normal human no, not him. She know what to buy tonight when she gets her money. She's gonna buy either a coat or another blanket. I she can afford it maybe even both. She sees her boss in the back and shivers. She looks back at the male making eye contact. Her wolf eyes taking over and she stares endlessly she won't back down she will not submit to this man.-

The girl looks nervous, somewhat frightened and Vulcan notices that. Her hands were shaking when grabbing the items requested. Perhaps she knows, or she suspects? There's a man at the back, staring at them. He's dressed fancy, most likely the owner of the store, looking at them with obvious suspicion. If he recognizes him as some sort of spy or agent, all hell will break loose.

"No worries", he says and leaves a fifty-dollar-bill on the desk "Keep the change...", then, finally, the oh so desired eye contact - deep blue stubborn eyes stare into his yellowish brown ones. There's a hint of green in them, almost as if changing colors to her will.

"Tell me, why is a pretty girl like you working for such a lousy bugger like him?", his eyes mentioning to the guy still standing in the back "You know who these guys are, don't you, what they do for a living?"

-she keeps staring determined not to lose eye contact first.-"thanks" she says to the extra money pocketing the change hoping the boss doesn't see."I have to. I am an orphan. I need the money I would quit but who else would hire a street kid?" She says as she looks to the back room."you shouldn't be talking to me. Boss might get mad. But maybe we can meet again some time?"

(I'm sooooo sorry again guys :( I don't know why I wasn't getting notifications on the rp)

Amelie waited a few hours before finally giving up. Obviously the other agent either wasn't here yet or didn't want to work with her. Either way the dark sky out side signaled it was time to get some sleep, even though she was wide awake. She left a few dollars on the table and then left. Walking down the street it didn't take her very long to find a small inn. She headed in and walked right up to the front desk "I need a single bed." The man behind the counter didn't even turn to look at her. "I'm afraid there are no more rooms available." Hearing some rustling the man finally looked up to wade of cash on the counter. "How about now?" The man's eyes widened and he nodded. "Here you go." He pulled out a key and handed it to her. "Second to last room on the right." Amelie smiled a fake smile, took the key and left. It took awhile for Amelie to fall into a deep sleep, the storm did not help at all.

When Amelie awoke again it felt like she got almost no sleep, which she really didn't. Sitting up she ran her fingers through her hair. Seeing the sun shine through the window she closed her eyes and groaned. Should have closed the blinds. Getting up she took a quick shower and changed into the clothes she wore the day before. Pulling out her phone she dialed a number. "This is Agent Glass. Just wanted to report in. The other agent out sent hasn't shown her face to me....mhm..yes...I will need a mode of transportation and I will report to you once I get more information. Thank you sir." She hung up. Amelie waited a half hour before she heard a loud noise outside her room. Looking out the window she smirked and walked out the door. The man got off the deep blue colored motorcycle, took off the helmet and handed it to her. Taking the helmet she saw the man flinched. He accidentally touched her skin in the process, which felt ice cold to the touch.

Putting herself on the bike she looked at the gas meter. "Of course they wouldn't fill up for me. Making me spend my own money." She mumbled the last part. Putting on the helmet she revved the engine and took off towards a gas station. It didn't take long to find one. She pulled up and turned off the engine. Not wanting to use her card to she needed to go inside to use cash. Walking in she saw a man talking to a girl who looked kind of nervous. Amelie dismissed it thinking it was because the girl's boss was watching. She walked up behind them. "I need $40 on tank 5 please. Hope I'm not interrupting."

"Listen up kid. I know someone who will hire you before you could blink. He runs the old gas station just out of town. You can trust me, I want to help.", he then takes his gloves off and shows her discretely the letters tattooed on the knuckles of each hand - on the one E.W.M.N. (Evil, Wicked, Mean, Nasty) and on the other W.O.L.F.

"My bike's outside. Grab your stuff and leave your past behind... or stay and rot with the one you call boss."

Vulcan quickly puts his gloves back on, picks up the pack of cigarettes and turns around towards the exit. He dearly hoped she would follow him. In these few minutes he had almost taken a fancy to the young lad. She reminded him so much of how he used to be and felt a desire to change her future, help her become the opposite of what he was now. His thoughts were interrupted by a customer requiring attention. He walked past the female feeling a sudden cold shiver running over his back but ignored it. There was another motorcycle parked next to his, a deep blue one, probably owned by the woman that had walked in a moment ago.

Vulcan mounted his vehicle, put on his helmet and waited. He was waiting for an answer from the little shop assistant. Hell, if she was so afraid of that scumbag she called boss he would wait for her to finish work, follow her to wherever she was staying and ask her then.

For some reason she trusts him and looks at the girl at the counter." Sorry I don't work here any more. She says and walks into the back grabbing her stuff. She feels a large hand on her shoulder and is spinned around"where do you think your going!"

"To a better life. I QUIT!" She yells and storms out the door.

" hey can I just go grab some stuff quickly? I just new a few things from a place that I usually hide out and sleep."

Amelie narrowed her eyes at the girl as she watched her grab her stuff and leave. Looking out the windows of the shop she watched the girl walk up to the man that was in here previously. So not because of the boss? Amelie pulled out s $50 bill and put it on the counter. "Along with my gas I would like you to give me any information you have on the girl." The words 'To a better life' that caught her attention. Most of the time wondering gifteds don't have a good life.

Vulcan could hardly express how happy he was at that moment. He could not change his life, because it was a decision he had made too long ago, but perhaps he could change hers. "You've made the right choice. Get on and lead the way, m'lady."

He turns the keys, feeling the vibrations of the machine and the sound of the engine, almost like a beating heart. Ivan was up for a big surprise. The thought of it made him smirk. "I'm so dead", he said to himself with a bit of irony.

"Kay"she said and hoped on."erm it's kind of in the forest..." So if we get to the edge I can just walk and grab the stuff and meet you back outside of the forest where you drop me."

-the male looks at the cash. "$10 ain't gonna get you no where." He starts to walk towards the back." She is an orphan. I will give you that."

Amelie hated how people didn't think she was threatening just because she was a girl. Touching her palm to the counter ice started to form and cover the counter. The air in the store grew cold. "How about now?"

"What the hell! Your one of em monsters!!! I'm gonna call the goverment I ain't giving you any information missy!"he pulls out his phone and starts dialling-

Amelie sighed. "When will you get it? I am the government." She lifted her palm off the counter. "That person you're going to call right now is just going to contact someone like me. You think someone with no gift could capture those of our kind? You humans are pathetic."

" your gonna have to try alot harder to get anything out of me!" He yells and pulls out a gun aiming it right at her head.-

Amelie's ice blue eyes widened and a layer of ice began to cover her skin. Guns are useless. In a flash she face her palm at him and ice needles shot out. It knocked the gun out of his hand and pinned him to the wall. "Just forget it. I'll go figure out stuff out myself." Walking out of the store she waited till after she filled her tank (she was lucky he put money on the tank before that) and start to leave to let the ice she used melt away. Pressing a button on her watch there was a ringing in her helmet. "Just wanted to inform I'm in pursuit of a suspect. I...had to cause a commotion at a gas station...yes...I know sir...won't happen again."

ERA

After shifting back to my human form I walked, rather painfully, back to the town I am stationed in. The town looked rather boring, enough that then powered population and the human population would mingle and blend together rather easily. The humans around that town undoubtedly do not know that they are the lower species on the latter here in their small town. It is quite pitiful.

I walked slowly towards the edge of the woods, stopping every few minutes to catch my breath. You're taught to be stronger than this! Suck it up! I took a deep breath and stood up from my position leaning against a tree. Within the next yard or two I would have exited the woods if not for the sound of a engine rumbling towards me. I stopped, looking out at a female and male on a motorcycle riding towards the woods. I ducked, shifting quietly into a large rabbit, and hid under the bush to the right of the path.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back