• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

This Will Be the Day ~RWBY Role Play~

Dire Wolf Devil

𝓦𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭 𝓔𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓻.

This role play loosely follows the plot of RWBY. Students have already been placed in teams, and thus begins our first few weeks of classes. How time flies, even when anxiety for the future takes a toll. What shall fate bring? Only time will tell.

Welcome... to Beacon Academy.

Also, because this loosely follows RWBY, there's room for flexibility - meaning that nothing has to be 100% accurate to the show.

Last edited by a moderator:
Malvo, letting out a silent sigh, made her way out of professor Ozpin's office, stepping into the elevator and pushing the button to go down. Her black hood would rest over her head to hide her wolf ears, as her cape did an excellent job with hiding her tail. She cocked her head in thought, closing her eyes as her brows would furrow. "A week in and I'm already called to talk with Ozpin about my past... it's good that my father and uncle told him, but still..." she couldn't help but wearily exhale from the thought, soon stepping out of the elevator the moment it had opened.

@LoneSniper87

Aryl leaned against the wall across from the elevator, the long grip of his spear digging a spot between his shoulder blades, the blade facing downward, the steel and gold accented blade shining in the light. A hand rested on the handle of his mace, finger tapping it idly as he waited for the elevator. It finally hit the ground floor and he saw someone in the elevator. "Oz wanted you too?" He asked, walking into the elevator as she stepped out. "Wish me luck." He said, winking as a joke as he slected the top floor and ascended.

@xXLittleLokiXx

Aryl leaned against the wall across from the elevator, the long grip of his spear digging a spot between his shoulder blades, the blade facing downward, the steel and gold accented blade shining in the light. A hand rested on the handle of his mace, finger tapping it idly as he waited for the elevator. It finally hit the ground floor and he saw someone in the elevator. "Oz wanted you too?" He asked, walking into the elevator as she stepped out. "Wish me luck." He said, winking as a joke as he slected the top floor and ascended.

@xXLittleLokiXx

Malvo looked up and over to Aryl, giving a quiet, single nod as she'd watch him head into the elevator. A small smile soon forming on her face. "Good luck... he's in a good mood, right now..." She assured, watching the elevator doors shut. Softly exhaling, she'd then start in the direction of the cafeteria. Hands on the hilts of dusk and darkness before taking out her scroll to check her messages.

Malvo looked up and over to Aryl, giving a quiet, single nod as she'd watch him head into the elevator. A small smile soon forming on her face. "Good luck... he's in a good mood, right now..." She assured, watching the elevator doors shut. Softly exhaling, she'd then start in the direction of the cafeteria. Hands on the hilts of dusk and darkness before taking out her scroll to check her messages.

"Wonder how long that'll last." He mused to himself as he rose, a minute later the door opening and he took a few steps into his office. "You wanted to see me, sir?" He asked, taking a seat across from him. "May I ask why?" He added, setting his spear down by his feet, a wolf ear twitching slightly, as a gloved hand brushed the other.

"Wonder how long that'll last." He mused to himself as he rose, a minute later the door opening and he took a few steps into his office. "You wanted to see me, sir?" He asked, taking a seat across from him. "May I ask why?" He added, setting his spear down by his feet, a wolf ear twitching slightly, as a gloved hand brushed the other.

Ozpin watched as Aryl made his way in. His fingers interlocking with one and other as he'd nod. "I did. I wanted to touch upon the subject of your father and his connection to the White Fang. ((Assuming you haven't changed that idea. If you did, let me know and I'll edit this post.)) Now, you needn't worry about your current position as a student at Beacon being terminated. I merely need to keep tabs on people when it comes to their involvement with radicals. And, out of respect, anything said here shall remain strictly confidential, provided I do not feel the need to deem otherwise."

Ozpin watched as Aryl made his way in. His fingers interlocking with one and other as he'd nod. "I did. I wanted to touch upon the subject of your father and his connection to the White Fang. ((Assuming you haven't changed that idea. If you did, let me know and I'll edit this post.)) Now, you needn't worry about your current position as a student at Beacon being terminated. I merely need to keep tabs on people when it comes to their involvement with radicals. And, out of respect, anything said here shall remain strictly confidential, provided I do not feel the need to deem otherwise."

"Realize the fact that I not spoken with my father in years. I have no idea as to his location, hell I'd rather not associate with him anymore. I know you mean well, but I'd rather not be forced to remember those days... The last I spoke with him was when he told me why he treated me as he did, and my mother was so resilient with it. That was what caused me to leave, and if I ever saw him again it would be too soon and he would need to die." He said, a growl almost in his voice as he thought of his father and those years. "You of all people should know, you knew my mother she came to you, after all. Now sorry this conversation was rather short and abrupt, but I should get going before I get violent... Goodbye, Professor." He said, then walked off to the elevator, headed down, then went off to the cafeteria. He sat across from Malvo and sighed.

"Realize the fact that I not spoken with my father in years. I have no idea as to his location, hell I'd rather not associate with him anymore. I know you mean well, but I'd rather not be forced to remember those days... The last I spoke with him was when he told me why he treated me as he did, and my mother was so resilient with it. That was what caused me to leave, and if I ever saw him again it would be too soon and he would need to die." He said, a growl almost in his voice as he thought of his father and those years. "You of all people should know, you knew my mother she came to you, after all. Now sorry this conversation was rather short and abrupt, but I should get going before I get violent... Goodbye, Professor." He said, then walked off to the elevator, headed down, then went off to the cafeteria. He sat across from Malvo and sighed.

Ozpin watched as Aryl had left, a gentle sigh escaping him.

Malvo looked up from her food, glancing to the fellow faunus as he'd seat himself across from her. Her hood allowing her emerald irises to give off a bit of a wolfish glow. Having blinked, she tilted her head and smiled softly while watching him. "Y' seem worked up... I take it the talk didn't go too well?"

"It was the usual. Never good with a family like mine." He said, smiling slightly, he set the spear down on the table and rested his elbows in front of it, forming a guard between it and Malvo. "It won't get eaiser for me, either. Every teacher knows who I am, and those who don't live under a rock. They will keep pressing about a man I haven't seen in forever, and glad about it." He said, leaning forward into his heads. "Sometimes I wish I were a ghost, y'know? Then I wouldn't have to worry about looking over my shoulder."

"It was the usual. Never good with a family like mine." He said, smiling slightly, he set the spear down on the table and rested his elbows in front of it, forming a guard between it and Malvo. "It won't get eaiser for me, either. Every teacher knows who I am, and those who don't live under a rock. They will keep pressing about a man I haven't seen in forever, and glad about it." He said, leaning forward into his heads. "Sometimes I wish I were a ghost, y'know? Then I wouldn't have to worry about looking over my shoulder."

Malvo watched, a soft exhale of air escaping her nose before she'd gently slide her applesauce in his direction. "Well... as bad and unhelpful as it sounds, ya won't be alone in that sort of badgering, anyway. Since Ozpin knows my father and uncle fairly well, I ended up getting questioned, as well. And, since the rest of the staff seem t' also know, I've got a feeling it won't be gettin' easier anytime soon. Just one of the 'perks' of having a famous family name... But, look at the bright side; we've got years of training t' look forward to. So, it won't be all poking and prodding fer answers." Through this, she managed to keep a soft, encouraging smile - gently poking one of Aryl's ears. "Not t' mention, just imagine the looks on their faces when we eventually do graduate!"

Malvo watched, a soft exhale of air escaping her nose before she'd gently slide her applesauce in his direction. "Well... as bad and unhelpful as it sounds, ya won't be alone in that sort of badgering, anyway. Since Ozpin knows my father and uncle fairly well, I ended up getting questioned, as well. And, since the rest of the staff seem t' also know, I've got a feeling it won't be gettin' easier anytime soon. Just one of the 'perks' of having a famous family name... But, look at the bright side; we've got years of training t' look forward to. So, it won't be all poking and prodding fer answers." Through this, she managed to keep a soft, encouraging smile - gently poking one of Aryl's ears. "Not t' mention, just imagine the looks on their faces when we eventually do graduate!"

"Hey!" He said, swatting her hand away. "No!" He said, then resumed acting how he was and slid the applesauce back. "I already ate. And the luck they probably won't be a good one, thinking we may crawl back to the Fang..." He shook his head in disgust at the thought, seeing how he was related to a Fang lieutenant. "Wanna spar soon? I could use getting all this tenseness out of my system." He said, then looked back as a tray clattered to the ground, with a couple people trying to bully a faunus, one with long rabbit ears. "A moment..." He growled, picking up his spear and walking over. "Hey! You leave her alone!" He shouted, standing between the group and the girl, spear held firm as he moved to a fighting stance.

"What are you the Peacekeeper now? Looks like this one needs to know where he stands too!" The boy talking took out a thin, long blade and charged him, which Aryl deflected out of his way, spiraled around and swung the back of his spear into the back of his knee, making him collapse. "Either of you need a demonstration on our 'place'?" He asked, glaring as he readied his spear for another attack. The other two look scared and ran, knowing they were outmatched. Aryl walked back and sat down, his eyes still showing anger as he set down the spear, a bit harder this time. "Sorry, seems some never learn."

"Hey!" He said, swatting her hand away. "No!" He said, then resumed acting how he was and slid the applesauce back. "I already ate. And the luck they probably won't be a good one, thinking we may crawl back to the Fang..." He shook his head in disgust at the thought, seeing how he was related to a Fang lieutenant. "Wanna spar soon? I could use getting all this tenseness out of my system." He said, then looked back as a tray clattered to the ground, with a couple people trying to bully a faunus, one with long rabbit ears. "A moment..." He growled, picking up his spear and walking over. "Hey! You leave her alone!" He shouted, standing between the group and the girl, spear held firm as he moved to a fighting stance.

"What are you the Peacekeeper now? Looks like this one needs to know where he stands too!" The boy talking took out a thin, long blade and charged him, which Aryl deflected out of his way, spiraled around and swung the back of his spear into the back of his knee, making him collapse. "Either of you need a demonstration on our 'place'?" He asked, glaring as he readied his spear for another attack. The other two look scared and ran, knowing they were outmatched. Aryl walked back and sat down, his eyes still showing anger as he set down the spear, a bit harder this time. "Sorry, seems some never learn."

Malvo huffed, retracting her hand as she stretched. "Sure, I wouldn't mind a--" She quirked her brow, glancing over to the scene - her gaze narrowing a bit. She'd gone to confront them herself, only to pause when Aryl had it covered. Sitting back down, she shook her head."Poor girl..." 

Once Aryl made his way back over, Malvo released a soft exhale before slowly standing up once more. Her ears lowering under her hood as she'd noticed the anger in his eyes. "Hey, I know what y' need. A nice walk."

"Sure... He said, standing and moving the spear into it's sheath. He walked out of he cafeteria, asking someone to send for a nurse as he left. He walked into the courtyard and sighed a bit, looking around at the landscape. "Thanks..." He said to her, seemingly out of nowhere as they walked, a hand resting on the handle of Starlight.

"Sure... He said, standing and moving the spear into it's sheath. He walked out of he cafeteria, asking someone to send for a nurse as he left. He walked into the courtyard and sighed a bit, looking around at the landscape. "Thanks..." He said to her, seemingly out of nowhere as they walked, a hand resting on the handle of Starlight.

Malvo would follow in a swift motion. The short wolven female having traveled at Aryl's side as she'd slip her hands into her pockets.

The given thanks seemed to cause Malvo to look up curiously. Her gaze traveling to Aryl. "... Fer what?"

"For keeping me in check. You make me feel serene to an extent. I guess because you are like me, and we can relate. You support me as much as I support you, and if one of us were to fail the other would crumble, in my case." He said, slowing down to an easy walk, he still felt tense, like someone would be watching, waiting for the chance to get revenge.

"For keeping me in check. You make me feel serene to an extent. I guess because you are like me, and we can relate. You support me as much as I support you, and if one of us were to fail the other would crumble, in my case." He said, slowing down to an easy walk, he still felt tense, like someone would be watching, waiting for the chance to get revenge.

Malvo blinked, soon smiling as she closed her eyes. "Oh. Ah, ya know it's no trouble. I'm here t' lend an ear, and t' help ya cope, just as I feel you'd do fer me." Her gaze traveling about, she'd then flick an ear under her hood.

"Glad you see it that way." He said, his hands moving toward his pockets now. "So how about that sparring match?" He asked after a few minutes, glancing up at her. "We could both use the practice, and hell it'll probably be fun." He suggested.

"Glad you see it that way." He said, his hands moving toward his pockets now. "So how about that sparring match?" He asked after a few minutes, glancing up at her. "We could both use the practice, and hell it'll probably be fun." He suggested.

With a quirked brow, Malvo grinned. Her hands soon leaving her pockets as she'd gingerly set them on the hilts of Dusk and Darkness. "Sure, I'm down. I even just fueled the tanks fer my dust strikers a little while ago."

"Awesome, let's go!" He said, a grin on his face as he broke into a jog towards the sparring arena, then heading to the far end of the room. He grabbed Starlight and unsheathed it, letting the spiked ball drop about 8 inches as the chain was released. He swung it around a bit, then gave her a nod. "You first!"

"Awesome, let's go!" He said, a grin on his face as he broke into a jog towards the sparring arena, then heading to the far end of the room. He grabbed Starlight and unsheathed it, letting the spiked ball drop about 8 inches as the chain was released. He swung it around a bit, then gave her a nod. "You first!"

She grinned, quickly following after him as she drew Dusk and Darkness from their sheaths. Giving the blades a twirl, Malvo gave a single nod before pulling the triggers on her dusk strikers. The flames roaring as they engulfed the blades.

Leaping into the air, Malvo quickly brought her blades in front of her, swinging them downward.

Aryl calmly swung the flail up, letting the chain block the blades, and used the second to move to the side, bringing the ball down and around as fast as he could, doing a near 360 as he did.

Aryl calmly swung the flail up, letting the chain block the blades, and used the second to move to the side, bringing the ball down and around as fast as he could, doing a near 360 as he did.

Malvo arched a brow as her attack was blocked. The flaming blades to chain contact causing a faint hissing noise. Her gaze then darted to the ball before she'd use her blocked blades current position to her advantage, as well as the small bit of recoil. Elegantly, and as if in the blink of an eye, she'd swing her legs, as well as her torso, upward to just barely dodge the ball in time. Immediately after the swing was over, she'd allow the momentum to cartwheel her position over the mace, where she'd then plant her feet back onto the floor. Inhaling, ease up on the fire as she'd swipe at Aryl's side with one of the blades.

Aryl stumbled forward as the momentum of his flail didn't connect, and he felt the heat from the blade as it would hit. "Clever." He said as he turned to face, retracting the chain in once more, than readying himself. "Come on!" He said, getting into a defensive stance.

Aryl stumbled forward as the momentum of his flail didn't connect, and he felt the heat from the blade as it would hit. "Clever." He said as he turned to face, retracting the chain in once more, than readying himself. "Come on!" He said, getting into a defensive stance.

"Thanks." Malvo smirked from the compliment before growing serious once again. Quickly, she moved closer - bringing the same blade she'd just attacked with - Darkness - to horizontally swing at him once more. This action, of course, causing her to spin a bit.

Aryl watched her spin start, putting a hand on the mace as he let the handle take the blow, a foot taking a step back to keep balance. He pushed the blade back then moved to grab his spear, holding it to his right and keeping an eye on Malvo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back