• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic This Lonely Silence: Characters

Venom Adhamm

No one is ever going to want me
Fill out the following below and wait to be accepted. When submitting your character sheet, remove all parts in parenthesis.

Name:

Occupation prior to joining the Investigation Incorporation:

Appearance (description, picture, or both are okay):

Augmentation (if you want one):

Perk (if you want one):

Personal Weapon (you can either describe its appearance or include a picture, but do include a description of its abilities and usage. Don't make it overpowered):

Biography:

Group or Private (if in a group, decide on your group members. You can leave this blank if you're waiting to see what other characters are joining, but this must be filled before you can participate):

Group Name (if applicable):

Last edited by a moderator:
[Might be a little short.]

Name: Sherri Faulks

Occupation prior to joining the Investigation Incorporation: Gas station clerk

Appearance: Sherri is a pale woman standing at 5'8, possessing a semi-athletic build. She has brown eyes, and relatively short-kept brown hair. Her clothing generally varies in color, but tends to lack designs or logos. Her common outfit consists of a pair of blue trousers, a T-shirt, and a windbreaker. She also tends to wear a gray knit cap over her head. Her demeanor tends to be unassuming, and she gives the impression of being rather bitter most of the time.

Augmentation: N/A

Perk: Don't Panic

Personal Weapon: Semiautomatic pistol

Biography: Sherri was born in one of the island metropolises in Ieras, growing up with a lower middle-class family consisting of her parents and two brothers (of which she was the middle child). She graduated high school, but didn't really move beyond her job as a low-wage gas station clerk. When the wave of depression descended upon the land, Sherri began to feel a little weird, but didn't necessarily want to go off herself. Her younger brother was stricken by a more severe melancholy state, however, and voluntarily became splattered by a train. This prompted Sherri reevaluate her life slightly, leading to her quitting her job as a gas station clerk and joining the Investigation Incorporation. She's unsure of whether or not she'll stay with them for long, however. If all else fails, she plans on just becoming a cop so she can spend the rest of her days beating up homeless people and protesters. Sherri doesn't necessarily like corporations, but still accepts the status quo.

Group or Private: Private

Name: Daniel Varnell

Occupation prior to joining the Investigation Incorporation: Courier

Appearance: Standing around 6'2” Daniel strikes a lean figure, mirthful green orbs shinning out from beneath short dark hair. Usually his face is framed by a 5 o'clock shadow which only disappears when he's expecting to meet wealthy clients. For the same occasions he has an outdated but well maintained suit which seldom sees the light of day. His usual wardrobe consists of kevlar reinforced pants and boots made popular by corp youth trying for that neo rebel look. Aside from doing a fair job at hiding his prosthetic they blend with most crowds and function well enough to actually use when weaving through traffic. Topped off with a leather jacket Daniel generally gets a nod from the local gangs. Scars along his right forearm and flank, defacing a rising phoenix tattoo, are remnants of the accident that cost him his leg.

Augmentation: Leg Augmentation (Launch Pad - Right Leg)

Perk: Zephyr

Personal Weapon: Whip-sword

Biography: While he didn't go hungry most days and had a roof above his head, Daniel grew up on the less fortunate side of town. His youth was marred with minor charges but compared to most of his friends the brunettes records remained pretty clean. Eventually he managed to put his expertise in ducking and dodging persuite to use by signing up with a delivery company. Of course in this day and age of digital wares and drones it wasn't a big market and pay was meager but some of the wealthy or more paranoid still like their goods protected and delivered in person. Dan had saved up a little sum, enough to attend a proper mechanical school, actually make something of himself. Maybe even fulfill his dream of working for one of the garages running the corporate racing circuit. Before getting that far some jack t-boned him, turned his leg to mush and sent him skidding across the blacktop. The client was pissed, after all their precious ware was damaged. The company didn't want an employee with an accident record, or one that would be on ice for months. Dan got a digital 'get well soon' card complete with a cruddy severance package that wouldn't even cover a prosthetic.

Back on his feet after a month of rehab and most of his savings up in smoke Daniel found himself starring at an add that read Investigation Inc. in neon green lettering. Well, he wasn't going to be transporting things for a while and a man can't live off of hopes and dreams alone.

Group or Private: Group

Group Name: Northern Lights

@Fenris

Please either use the default text color, or use a text color that is readable on regular and night mode themes.

Besides that, your character's weapon confuses me. You say it's a revolver, but then go on to say it's not like most magazine-fed guns and can fire larger munitions. That's the definition of the modern revolver though, so is there something unique to your weapon that I'm missing? Also, what do you mean y "skipping" ammunition?

@Venom Adhamm

Sorry about the text color, copy paste fail.

As for the weapon, right now I'm just imagining a large revolver with the ability to skip chambers (maybe via half a trigger squeeze or thumb switch) allowing him to load non lethal ammo along with armor penetrating or even bird-shot. I assumed it would be an unusual sight/choice due to drawbacks (no silencer option, low drum capacity, etc.) and more of a signature/emergency weapon than a workhorse. Daniel would probably try to take most reasonable opposition unarmed or maybe with a stun baton/knife relying on his speed and only falling back on the revolver when cornered/outmatched. Unless you think that's unreasonable, straight up suicidal or just doesn't fit the personal weapon weapon slot.

Alternatively, if your fine with something more fantastical he could be a whip sword user. Maybe even wear the blade disguised as a rather exotic belt at first glance. Thematically perhaps keeping it along the lines of a motorcycle chain, assuming they still use those.

13aa640a7190b096a76c63e0e558d9a2.jpg

@Fenris

Whip swords are okay. As said in the main thread's OP, just about any weapon can fit into this RP. However, you can only begin the RP with one weapon, which is your personal weapon, although you can get other weapons during the RP. So, you need to decide if you'd rather have the revolver or the whip sword.

Name:
Veronica Crawley

Occupation prior to joining the Investigation Incorporation:
Builder-Technician

Appearance (description, picture, or both are okay):

Veronica is a sand-tone skinned, mildly muscular woman. She stands at 5'6 and can be often seen wearing light clothes that allow her to move quickly such as dindl skirts, loose blouses and jeans, working boots and coats. Her hair is a wavy, brownish  that she's just starting to grow longer from her usual bob and her eyes are pretty much the same color. Her face is characterized by a small roman nose, semi thick eyebrows and very thin lips. Although a slightly unnatural look, the hookshooters add a little width to her hips.

Augmentation:

Magnetic

Perk:

N/A.

Personal Weapon: 20m Femoral Hookshooters

A femoral hookshooter is a technological device seen in people who work in the care of tall structures. It consists of a retractable disk integrated into a subject's entire upper leg which, when activated, can precisely launch a wired hook that can connect to metallic materials. It is usually employed to help the wearer abseil or secure a position, but it can also pull them in the direction where the ends land. It is regulated by HUD and works as an excellent mobility tool, but if it runs out of power or get its magnets uncalibrated, the whole system has to be manually operated in a very impractical way that might turn them almost entirely useless in a fast-reaction situation.

They can be integrated on either one or both legs. Veronica has two units.

Biography:

Ieras' technological advancements allowed the Highspeed Island Transit-Line to be built without the need of much human workforce, but malfunctions on the electrical wiring and quick attempts to patch specific sections of the rail system were expensive to invest a lot of machinery in; it was then that human operatives were selected for the job. Needless to say, these tasks were to be performed under very difficult conditions where the risks of death spanned from paralysis to attacks by marine wildlife.

Veronica was born in a family of said builders and technicians. She recieved a formal education thanks to the her parents' work and was a top-notch student for most of her schooling. She had a particular interest in dance and reading (practicing both to a notable extent), but in the middle of her last high school year, her father was attacked by a shark and, though he survived, the Transit Line company dismissed his employment.

Having little options left, Veronica rushed through her senior year and looked for a job. Many options arose, but low-skill employment was scarce and there weren't any choices that could provide something rentable. With much reluctance, she joined the Transit Line's maintenance units.

She was very worryful about having a similar incident to her father, so she made her way to invest on magnetic augmentations to ensure that she would remain safe. She eventually took it a step further a couple of years later with femoral hookshooters and, although this provided her with a dim sense of security, she felt very unfulfilled and depressed with not being able to pursue other type of life without leaving her family astray. This filled her with great frustration and added her to the list of suicidal, bitter individuals of Ieras.

The growing fear of not being able to assure her own safety motivated her to quit her job out of panic and joined the II in hopes of finding income on requests. It took her a bit of time, but Veronica eventually established that she didn't want to be caring or respectful to the rules of a world that had situated her and so many others in helplessness. Veronica currently lives alone on an offside part of town.

Group or Private:
Group Name:

@Rhakun

Good CS, accepted. You can wait on other people to join if you want to form a group with other characters, you can form a group right now with Fenris, or you can go at it alone.

@Rhakun

Good CS, accepted. You can wait on other people to join if you want to form a group with other characters, you can form a group right now with Fenris, or you can go at it alone.

Sure! Thanks.

I'll go at it alone and, if possible, I'd like to meet people later on.

I made a couple of edits to the CS, it had lots of typos lol

@Rhakun

As a warning, you will meet other characters, but not other players. Do you still want to go alone?

Also, if possible, a slightly more specific description of your character's clothes would be great.

@Rhakun

As a warning, you will meet other characters, but not other players. Do you still want to go alone?

Also, if possible, a slightly more specific description of your character's clothes would be great.

Aww shocks. Well, I guess I'll take the group option if isolation is the other deal.

Clothes desc is up. It's just a quick list, but I can expand it if you want.

@Rhakun

Again to clarify, you won't be all alone. You'll still run into NPCs and you can recruit them to join up with you provided they're willing. But yeah, you won't be able to run into other players. I don't know how many more people are going to be willing to join this RP though, so if you want to group up, maybe ask some friends.

@Rhakun

Again to clarify, you won't be all alone. You'll still run into NPCs and you can recruit them to join up with you provided they're willing. But yeah, you won't be able to run into other players. I don't know how many more people are going to be willing to join this RP though, so if you want to group up, maybe ask some friends.

Yeah! I meant isolation in a co-writing sense of the word. I do understand that I'll meet characters, but I was idealizing some interaction between the RPers.

If those are the circumstances. I'll just go private.

I'll ask some friends to come and see though :3

Hello! I'm snowy raven, nice to meet you all :)

Name: Yvonne Flores

Occupation prior to joining the Investigation Incorporation: student of the Pepsi Business School at Ieras University
  • this school is known for it's connections, rather than the education itself. classes are almost always a farce as some lectures were designed by corporations. bribes for high grades were common
Appearance: smas.jpg See picture, 5'4 around 135 lbs, has a muscular frame underneath her heavy coat

Augmentation: Danger Indicator

Perk: Come Fly With Me

Personal Weapon: a small, rechargeable stun gun (often carries extra battery clips in pockets)
Biography:
  • born and raised on Ieras
  • as a child, her family was wealthy. her family had immediate connections to various euthanasia companies, because they owned a factory that manufactured deadly chemicals for them

as a result, she saw some fairly disturbing things like a hidden cannibalism industry, etc. when she was a child.
  • suffers from PTSD and currently lacks the funds to treat it, but is unwilling to sell her wardrobe
[*]was raised away from the spotlight by her loving parents, has one younger brother named Jamal. they tried to keep their children as far from the euthanasia industry as possible. her mother banned her and her brother from meeting their extended family for this reason.

[*]always had a passion for history, and the arts (particularly acting). her family discouraged her from pursuing acting because of the Flores surname

[*]as a teenager, she took her wealth for granted. she wanted to avoid thinking about the impact of what her family was doing on the environment and society.

• preferred the ritzy subculture of the rich rather than the deprived
  • often vacationed to five star resorts and had lots of leisure time to read, is a curious person in general
  • bought lots of high end clothes and jewelry growing up, used to have a more flamboyant sense of fashion in the past. nowadays she dresses plainly, but with a touch of elegance.
[*]while attending Ieras University, she managed to convince her parents to sell their company and start a new business and live quietly

• Yvonne's aunt found out about her parent's plan to expose the cannibalism industry and depravity subculture

• then, her parents were assassinated a few days after their departure from the euthanasia industry
[*]Yvonne and Jamal's names was blacklisted from almost every major company

• they struggled to manage their finances and had to adapt, but eventually spent the entire fortune
[*]has a serious demeanor, reads a lot for escapism, a little snarky, has a sense of justice, can be a little too trusting of others at times, is quite reserved

[*]Yvonne ended up working at Investigation Incorporation as a last resort

Group or Private: Group with @Fenris and @MadArtist

Last edited:
@snowy raven

Yes, you can invent world-lore, to an extent, but only in character creation. Once you're in the RP, don't start making stuff up. Here are some important notes on your character, ranked by order of importance. These are things that must be addressed in order for you to be accepted.

1. You can't have "some PTSD." That just isn't how it works. PTSD is a very serious condition, and a very concrete one. You either have it or you don't. That being said, there are different types of PTSD, but PTSD is not a gradient-scale phenomenon.

2. I find it difficult to believe that Yvonne was able to attend a "renowned business school," and still manage to waste her entire fortune. Unless, of course, Pepsi Business School is basically the equivalent of Trump University, which would be fine and in fact fit in the world fairly well.

3. When well-known people are assassinated, there's usually a very good reason for it. You're going to need a better reason for Yvonne's parents to have been assassinated than simply "they left an industry." Granted, it's an industry that deals in death, but it deals specifically in voluntary death.

4. Body parts aren't ever "auctioned." The organ black market doesn't exist anymore, due to the existence of augmentations. When a person is euthanized, they are typically asked what they want to happen to their augmented parts, so it's very rare for augmentations to be stolen from euthanized patients and sold, but it does happen.

And that's about it for complaints from me. Fix up that stuff, and you'll be good to join when you decide on who you're grouping with or if you're going solo.

@snowy raven

Yes, you can invent world-lore, to an extent, but only in character creation. Once you're in the RP, don't start making stuff up. Here are some important notes on your character, ranked by order of importance. These are things that must be addressed in order for you to be accepted.

1. You can't have "some PTSD." That just isn't how it works. PTSD is a very serious condition, and a very concrete one. You either have it or you don't. That being said, there are different types of PTSD, but PTSD is not a gradient-scale phenomenon.

2. I find it difficult to believe that Yvonne was able to attend a "renowned business school," and still manage to waste her entire fortune. Unless, of course, Pepsi Business School is basically the equivalent of Trump University, which would be fine and in fact fit in the world fairly well.

3. When well-known people are assassinated, there's usually a very good reason for it. You're going to need a better reason for Yvonne's parents to have been assassinated than simply "they left an industry." Granted, it's an industry that deals in death, but it deals specifically in voluntary death.

4. Body parts aren't ever "auctioned." The organ black market doesn't exist anymore, due to the existence of augmentations. When a person is euthanized, they are typically asked what they want to happen to their augmented parts, so it's very rare for augmentations to be stolen from euthanized patients and sold, but it does happen.

And that's about it for complaints from me. Fix up that stuff, and you'll be good to join when you decide on who you're grouping with or if you're going solo.

Okay, I'll be making some edits. Thanks for the tips!

@Venom Adhamm  Finished the edits

Name: Ennis Pendler

Occupation prior to joining the Investigation Incorporation: Working as a police detective 

Appearance: sss8.jpg
Light brown straight hair, tied up in a high ponytail. She possesses ligh fair skin and upturned hazel eyes and a visible scar under her right eye. For everyday wear, she prefers to dress in simple grey jumpsuit, a pair of brown military boots and a long dark purple puffer coat, usually kept unbuttoned. Her height is 5'6.

Augmentation: Right-leg prosthetic with In-built cleats

Perk: Blackstar

Personal Weapon: Concealed Carry Semi-automatic pistol

Biography: 
-Ennis' parents were killed in a car crash by a drunk driver when she was around ten. She was afterwards taken in by her grandmother and had otherwise no siblings to be with. 
-Her grandmother was living on pension so they had to ration their food and clothing in order for Ennis to be able to go to school and get an education.
-They both lived in one of the slum areas of the Democratic Republic of Ieras, which was known for being dangerous for young girls and women to roam alone in.
-Due to the grieve that took upon her when she lost her parents, Ennis was doing rather horribly at school and was described by teachers and students as a seemingly antisocial and aggressive child.
-When Ennis became a teenager, she met a boy a bit older than her age, who was self taught in self-defense, which he had learned from experiencing fights against other boys on the streets. He offered her help and training in defending herself. They befriended and later helped each other whenever standing up against other threats.
-Worried about the danger and consequences of being a girl, Ennis began disguising herself to appear as a male, by trimming her hair short and  wearing boy's clothing when going out.
-Thanks to her sharp combat skills and her  ambitious attitude in school, Ennis had the lucky opportunity of receiving a scholarship and was able to join the police academy with the dream of working as a professional detective.
-As she matured into a grown woman, she became able support her grandmother.
Now being as busy as ever, Ennis has hired a caregiver to look out after her grandmother in place of her.
-Her friend on the other hand, who did not finish his education due to unfortunate circumstances, became a factory worker and continued to stay in the lower-class of society. He got married with another factory worker like himself and they started a family together. But a day where he went missing and someone reported the police, having found his corpse near a lake somewhere.
The police didn't bother taking the Investigation much further and told Ennis not to interfere with the case and that it would be a waste of time, as he had probably just gotten on bad terms with the wrong people and got himself killed.
-The police simply chose to shelve the case and leave it unsolved.
This made Ennis so angry, that she swore she would take the matter into her own hands and solve the mystery herself. She felt sceptical and believed there were to be a much bigger motive to his death than what they told her. It didn't suit him to interfere with unnecessary trouble.

-Losing her only brother-figure, Ennis took the responsibilities of caring for her decieved friend's family, and joined the Investigation inc. In order to earn money for them.
-Ennis finds it hard to warm up to people and usually chooses a few to trust, although she does enjoy joking around with the people she's comfortable with.
-She's hotheaded and can be prone to act impulsively.
-Ennis also suffers from a stress disorder, which makes it difficult for her to relax.

Group or Private: Group 

Name: Viktor Saronis

Occupation prior to joining the Investigation Incorporation: Smuggled prosthetic enhancements to the lower classes of society, for their medical use mostly.

Appearance:
cyberpunk_agent_by_bigoldtoe-d34v9j7.jpg

Augmentation: Left arm prosthetic with knife augment

Perk: Come Fly With Me

Personal Weapon: Revolver shotgun; this particular firearm can reload much faster than its shotgun cousins, especially when used in tandem with a speed-loader.
index.jpg

Biography: Once a smuggler with a heart of gold and a tongue of silver, Viktor now works as an I.I. operative. Just prior to joining their ranks, he was involved in a horribly awry trade deal with Rat: an anonymous and notorious smuggler in black market. Viktor was left brutalized, burnt, and bloody afterwards; to top it off, Rat assumed that he would die soon and thus, tossed Viktor into a dumpster. Two I.I. agents incidentally came across his mangled and almost lifeless husk of a body, deciding to immediately take him to recuperate at the Investigation Incorporation's headquarters. After a few weeks of physical therapy, the I.I. finally regained the ability to speak. Upon realizing his identity, the I.I. put him in jail; after all, he was affiliated with quite a few white-collar crimes. When the information that Viktor, a valuable black market smuggler, was captured and jailed reached the desk of the I.I. Board of Directors, a motion was put forth: why not recruit the poor bastard? The Incorporation was in dire need of connections into the black market, to unveil its mystery and finally gain leads on various cartels. Either Viktor would spend his life locked up, or he could enjoy freedom in the clutches of the I.I. He quickly chose the latter. Now, Viktor takes on various assignments for the I.I., but he keeps one thing in the back of his mind: find Rat, and make them pay.

Due to being maimed so horribly, Viktor's respiratory system can barely function by itself. He uses a pressurized helmet to assist his lungs. On the back of the helmet a small tube runs down, underneath his leather jacket, and to the small of his back; there the tube is connected to a small air compressor which recycles the air in his lungs. There are two glass plates where his eyes are so that he may see, but they limit his peripheral vision. To make up for this, a series of miniature microphones and speakers are built into the helmet to improve his hearing.

Group or Private: Private

@Zoltan

To make sure I understand, the Viktor and Friends Dumpster Incident left him looking like a skeleton, correct? Also, how does he see? I don't think he has any eyes.

Also, I feel like I should include this kind of information in the OP, but plasma weapons don't fit this particular brand of cyberpunk. Weapons are mostly either ballistic or melee-based. That being said, your weapon can still be used, but it'll just be shooting bullets instead of plasma.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back