• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern This Little Town Called Hope - 1850

idalie

ᴀʟʟ ᴏꜰ ʙᴀʙʏʟᴏɴ
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
HorribleLeadingIndianjackal-small.gif

There’s a town out in old West Colorado. A little place called Hope, where men gather for work in timber and coal. Hidden at the base of mountains they flourish in trade, yet something is odd about this place. Dark and deep. God only knows all the secrets it keeps. There's a chill in the air only miners can feel and ghosts in the tunnels that the company sealed. The Indians dare not step onto the settlement soil, whispering among themselves superstitions and curses. Howls are heard at night, children are dying in their sleep from sickness, and the workers begin to disappear. First down the mines, then in the forest.

tumblr_o9iyvv3miC1toiblno2_500.gif

People are having nightmares, and the pretty innkeeper of the Six and Five Mile inn puts something in the rum, while Mr. Henry still unwed, carves tallies into the tables and woos women who never come home. Rumours spread that the forest is full of his hanged girls, drying like lavender on a kitchen rack.

SpiritedShorttermClam-size_restricted.gif

The Sheriff hasn’t been seen in weeks. The priest’s hands are blackened and young Miss Lily was last seen walking into the chapel - where a freshly dug mound of soil hides out back. Over the doors of the hotel, words are carved into the door "BEWARE THE NUMBER SIX"

There’s a town out in old West Colorado. And somebody has written ‘HELL’ on the welcome sign.

Hey! So this is a loose concept I've been thinking of, based off American Murder Song's murder ballads. The idea is generally various plots based around the happenings of the town, each a mystery to the inhabitants (or outsiders). Set in the Wild West, anything can happen. Obviously, the roleplay will contain themes of sex (prostitutes etc.) as well as death and killings.
Casual/Detailed, expecting at least 2 paragraphs per post, as well as a dedicated group to keep driving the storyline. If you're interested, just pop a message! Hopefully, it'll become an adventure for everyone *^* Make sure to ask any questions you want to be answered!

- HumansArentReal xx

Last edited:
Since this is a Western Rp and that is a rarity imo. I'm curious about joining, just don't know what kind of character or what to add in such a unique western style Rp.

Either way intriguing idea

Since this is a Western Rp and that is a rarity imo. I'm curious about joining, just don't know what kind of character or what to add in such a unique western style Rp.

Either way intriguing idea
Thank! x
But for the most part a little research goes a long way :p I purposely put it 1850 so we still have fur trappers and the kind (they're pretty interesting and since the nearby forest have a reason to be there). You can be the local doctor, an early gypsy sort, miner, blacksmith - go wild, most occupations are open :^)
Just make sure they got the curiosity to discover whats going on.

On another note people forget Southern Gothic, and its sad - 'cause I want me cowboys, wendigoes, and murderers

You're welcome!

I'll have to look up Southern gothic. I'm quite used to old westerns like ones i grew up with and the history I recall from the books I've read. I think some semblance of a character kinda comes to mind. Got some more searching though.

But I see where your coming from, it's tough sometimes in the Rp world and our wants.

You're welcome!

I'll have to look up Southern gothic. I'm quite used to old westerns like ones i grew up with and the history I recall from the books I've read. I think some semblance of a character kinda comes to mind. Got some more searching though.

But I see where your coming from, it's tough sometimes in the Rp world and our wants.
I look forward if you choose to join us!! .u.

Thank! x
But for the most part a little research goes a long way :p I purposely put it 1850 so we still have fur trappers and the kind (they're pretty interesting and since the nearby forest have a reason to be there). You can be the local doctor, an early gypsy sort, miner, blacksmith - go wild, most occupations are open :^)
Just make sure they got the curiosity to discover whats going on.

On another note people forget Southern Gothic, and its sad - 'cause I want me cowboys, wendigoes, and murderers
yess Southern gothic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back