Experiences This counts as controlling my character right?

Coco Adel

The Abandoned Maiden
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
So I make no secret that I hate when people control my characters on any level unless it has something to do with their powers and by this I mean on any level I don't just mean when people try to control the actions and movements of my character in a fight and make them do things I didn't choose for them to do so they can get off a combo. I don't want you making my characters say things, you can't make them gasp or a stop and wait for you when you're trying to catch up with them on the street.

However, I'm RPing with someone and I am more than certain he just tried to control my character but to make sure I'm not crazy. Does this count as controlling my character?

He looks at the mark as he had talked with the woman for the next few hours. In those few hours they both had gotten to know each other, their story, his work, and basically the two would engage in small talk after the pub had closed for the night, Makoto had waved at you as a form of goodbye, but before he did this, he said Now, I'm not going to force you to give me an immediate answer, however, there is a simple request that I ask of you, may I travel with you to go to Adallia?

Now as you can see in this passage, he basically has my character in engaging in small talk with his character all night, they tell each other their backstories. I'm guessing he did this because he's been hinting at his character is some kind of important political peacekeeper since the beginning of our RP. He even tried to push the narrative by saying his character brokered a peace between our two races at some point which is fine, but my character pays very little attention to politics so she had no idea who he was or what he was talking about when he tried to make small talk with her about the peace made between their races. So I guess he decided to reveal his true identity because he was in disguise but again she doesn't pay attention to stuff like that so I gave him that everyone else in the pub would know who he was, but she didn't sorry but I'm not coming out of character to stroke your ego. So I guess because he didn't like I just wasn't about to be in pure awe at his awesomeness he decided to do this.

Not correct me if I'm wrong but this still counts and controlling my character does it not?

Yes, I would say this qualifies as controlling your character. After all, it implies your character took some kind of action that you didn't agree to.

It does. From the passage it looks as if dialogue should be spoken that way you have time to have your character speak but the person has moved it on. I don't like that personally I mean you can't go on assumptions what another person will do with their character. I would kindly tell them not to do it again and to edit their post.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back